Bad Economic Model There PWE

Options
XxZavxX - Raging Tide
XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
When you raise prices the quantity demanded goes down but the demand is still there.

You could sell Rank 9 for $8,000 but very few people would ever shell out the cash for it. And when Rank 8 cost entirely too much you only saw a few people with it. Less profits were made.

Does it make any clear sense to raise prices that fewer people are going to buy at?

If the concern is "extending the life" of games produced Perfect World Entertainment there are other factors besides the economy of the game to reflect upon.

A lot of my friends quit from lack of new game content more so than a mixed economy run wild. Extending the game life of PWE games make more sense by adding more stuff for the players to do. Not charging them more so they buy less. With R9 +12 making up the majority of my gear I am not challenged by instances as much as a person who has Nirvana/TT99/etc. For me, the saving grace of PWI is TW. It is what I enjoy the most in PWI. And I would like more PVP oriented instances aside from the ones we have. Other games I played actually rewarded players for PVP. This particular game's PVP content is half-baked for the most part.

Other players I have talked to want new farmable instances that produce gear similar to R9. In the end they just want the ability to be competitive with other players.

In this new system PWE is trying to implement it will just entrench the "haves", and the "haves not" will lag further behind. And they ("the have nots") will give up a futile fight. This already has been happening. And in other games when players could not catch up to other players the company's clients evaporated over time.

The proper thing to do is stop sales of the highly desirable items altogether. Yes, that's right. Instead you keep the items players want in the Boutique for a fair market price. This accomplishes a few things. Players would be able to become more competitive with other players without having to wait extended periods of time. Gold prices would not swing up wildly as much which has happened a lot during recent months. Merchants themselves would not be able to accrue gigantic amounts of coins by stockpiling boutique items and selling them after sales are over for gigantic profit percentages. If the new sales tactic is targeted at merchants, there is a way better idea to combat that. Make boutique items just disappear after a timer runs out. You guys do have timers on a lot of items. Packs set on 5 day timer have to be opened or sold in that period. Meaning that merchants would not dare stockpile too much of them.

I just fail to see where raising prices on boutique items does any good. In the end it hurts more players than it helps.

It has been repeated so many times I have no idea why PWE does not listen: This game needs high end content more than anything else.
Post edited by XxZavxX - Raging Tide on

Comments

• ZackMystic - Harshlands
    ZackMystic - Harshlands Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    :( yeah, PWE really doesnt seem to listen to their players at all... or at least the GM's mainly...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    78 Mystic ZackMystic
    95 BM ZackBlade
    Retired in March 2012, thx DarkNova for the fun.
    Exiirah made this purely awesome signature b:pleased Many thanks to her
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The "correct" thing to do was upgrading the Nirvana gears so that you can recast it for a 3rd time and be competitive with R9. That give players more things to do and they can still profit from it by orbs to re-refine those gears. Instead, they are coming out with upgrade on rank gears, making R8 superior than Nirvana and R9 just more ahead of other gears.

Oh PW devs, you so funny.
  • Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver
    Hallepaurion - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You've got mostly "R9 +12 gear"!??!?!?!!!???!?!?!?!

I'm pretty sure that makes you a minority... and I am still COMPLETELY challenged by lots of instances.

I agree with you that sales have done lots of damage to the economy.

But I completely disagreee with your summation about the need for high-end content... most "normal" players would be thrilled just to get anywhere near the gear you've got.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You've got mostly "R9 +12 gear"!??!?!?!!!???!?!?!?!

I'm pretty sure that makes you a minority... and I am still COMPLETELY challenged by lots of instances.

I agree with you that sales have done lots of damage to the economy.

But I completely disagreee with your summation about the need for high-end content... most "normal" players would be thrilled just to get anywhere near the gear you've got.

I think you got the wrong idea what I mean. I mean challenging instances for people who are 100+ who are sick and tired of the mindless repetition of FC and Nirvana. I do have another character that I would say represents more the norm when it comes to gear. And even that character feels tickled by that oh-so-was-naughty-last-year-but-now-i-laugh-at-the-butthurt-i-inflict-upon-it-boss in those instances. I don't mean instances where only highly refined r9 players can go.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I couldnt care less about getting R9 +anything. Ive got decent armor and it serves me well for what the game offers after 100.

What I would love to see, and would make me spend money on the game again, is serious endgame 100+ content and lots of it. My playing time is down to next to nothing because Im so seriously bored with doing the same instances over and over and over.

Hopefully our faction getting the TW ball rolling will make at least one day a week bearable in game.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The "correct" thing to do was upgrading the Nirvana gears so that you can recast it for a 3rd time and be competitive with R9.

I love you. I refused to get r9 because it basically forced one to farm like mad for coin to buy gold or to charge. I have the wep/belt but I have been holding out for some sort of FARMABLE upgrade for nirvana. (Especially since I farmed full nirvana second cast and am currently trying to finish socketing the ones that aren't 4 socket and putting jades in the gear) The best gear in game shouldn't be only available through the CS, that is just utterly ridiculous.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If these people were smart, this game woudln't be as broken as it is now.

It's a fact, it's obvious, and they will ignore it until they are bankrupt and we have all gone on to better, more sustainable games.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I love you. I refused to get r9 because it basically forced one to farm like mad for coin to buy gold or to charge. I have the wep/belt but I have been holding out for some sort of FARMABLE upgrade for nirvana. (Especially since I farmed full nirvana second cast and am currently trying to finish socketing the ones that aren't 4 socket and putting jades in the gear) The best gear in game shouldn't be only available through the CS, that is just utterly ridiculous.

PWE is just utterly ridiculous, nothing new lol, i would love to see how many rank 9s there would be if they didn't pretty much sell it directly to people

If that happened then Nirvana would actually be the dominant armor since little people at all would have rank 9 or 8 if that was case with selling rep
  • jabbl1
    jabbl1 Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have r9+12 everything and it is not a challenge anymore. There are usually 3 options

1) kill harpy or other bosses (while waiting for new content).
    2) stay in the current spot of boredom as i doubt pwi will get anything new for 100+ and hope for change.
    3) Make a new set of gear, but this time farm everything and don't spend a single cent, and start farming that gear with 0 coins just to make it challenging. To make it hardcore, start a new toon from scratch with no coin, gold or cash invested.

The 4th option, that most people do, not play.

The economic model is fine, it is geared toward one segment's benefit and not everyone's benefit.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you want a challenge simply take the uber gear off.

Did you not know that OP gear it would make you so OP that most instances would no longer pose a challenge?

If you want OP gear, by definition, it means nothing will be a challenge.

If you want a challenge, i.e. overcoming a mob based on your skills and not the stats of your gear, then ditch the OP gear.

Be patient, PW and most really crappy MMORPGs always practice gear and instance escalation, but it takes time. It takes devs actually creating something new. Why should PW put resources into that when they make cartloads of money just by hiring artists to churn out new fashion every week. So they most likely have one part-time dev devoted to new content, and 10 full time devs working on fashion and new packs.
    Just some guy
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im staying on my point with this,

APS killed whole economic scale,
    since peaple can solo instances now, and dont need to buy gold anymore, they can just farm everything

the thing that made PW rich is also backstabbing them.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^

Wrong.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • DirtySouth - Raging Tide
    DirtySouth - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When you raise prices the quantity demanded goes down but the demand is still there.

You could sell Rank 9 for $8,000 but very few people would ever shell out the cash for it. And when Rank 8 cost entirely too much you only saw a few people with it. Less profits were made.

Does it make any clear sense to raise prices that fewer people are going to buy at?

If the concern is "extending the life" of games produced Perfect World Entertainment there are other factors besides the economy of the game to reflect upon.

A lot of my friends quit from lack of new game content more so than a mixed economy run wild. Extending the game life of PWE games make more sense by adding more stuff for the players to do. Not charging them more so they buy less. With R9 +12 making up the majority of my gear I am not challenged by instances as much as a person who has Nirvana/TT99/etc. For me, the saving grace of PWI is TW. It is what I enjoy the most in PWI. And I would like more PVP oriented instances aside from the ones we have. Other games I played actually rewarded players for PVP. This particular game's PVP content is half-baked for the most part.

Other players I have talked to want new farmable instances that produce gear similar to R9. In the end they just want the ability to be competitive with other players.

In this new system PWE is trying to implement it will just entrench the "haves", and the "haves not" will lag further behind. And they ("the have nots") will give up a futile fight. This already has been happening. And in other games when players could not catch up to other players the company's clients evaporated over time.

The proper thing to do is stop sales of the highly desirable items altogether. Yes, that's right. Instead you keep the items players want in the Boutique for a fair market price. This accomplishes a few things. Players would be able to become more competitive with other players without having to wait extended periods of time. Gold prices would not swing up wildly as much which has happened a lot during recent months. Merchants themselves would not be able to accrue gigantic amounts of coins by stockpiling boutique items and selling them after sales are over for gigantic profit percentages. If the new sales tactic is targeted at merchants, there is a way better idea to combat that. Make boutique items just disappear after a timer runs out. You guys do have timers on a lot of items. Packs set on 5 day timer have to be opened or sold in that period. Meaning that merchants would not dare stockpile too much of them.

I just fail to see where raising prices on boutique items does any good. In the end it hurts more players than it helps.

It has been repeated so many times I have no idea why PWE does not listen: This game needs high end content more than anything else.

Before writing this wall of text, have u never tried to enjoy the game and maybe "farm" some pieces of ur "r9+12" before complain PWE?
    If there was an instance to farm gears similar to r9 ud never tried to farm it make ur "r9+12"?

Ur complain about nothing because all u did was CS it, so no point in criticizing PWE.
  • rustyspade
    rustyspade Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PWI is doing the same as alot of country's today ! GOING BROKE !
    WHY ?
    I been playing pw for almost 3 yrs now ,i am on a fixed income ,so not alot of money to put into game ,,always farmed for what i have .
    I have watched PWI make it so easy for ppl to cs their way to 100+ ,,and not know **** about their toon . just bragging rights how fast they lv'ed.BUT PWI made money,so the Hell with everyone else !!
    IF for 1 second you think pwi , thinks, about the average player ,,your 100% WRONG !
    You can not farm to sell anymore ,,no one buy's the **** ,if you make gear to sell ,no one buys anymore ,why ,,cause it is to easy just to BUY .
    Kids ,,have open credit cards,from perents or sneak ,and will wish some day ,they had the money ,they put into PWI ,and got NOTHING in return ....

What would happen ,if PWI ,went back to the way the game started out like ?????????
    What would happen ,if PWI ,fixed all the problems in game ?
    What would happen if players had to earn everything ,they have ,,gear,, wep, ,rep ??
    What would happen ,,if the BOUTIQUE ONLY SOLD charms ,,fash ,mounts ,fireworks ,,and tellies ?????????

I personaly ,feel the game would be awhole lot more fun to play,,like it used to be ..
    I do know you can not satify everyone all the time ,there is always going to be a GREEDY azz,,,always someone cry'ing ,they not get their way ,but that is life .

BUT When the averge person ,get's **** on ,for a few GREEDY azzholes gets what they want .. ,well it is time to speak up ,even if not alot listen ,,,JUST maybe the 1 that did will help ......
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Before writing this wall of text, have u never tried to enjoy the game and maybe "farm" some pieces of ur "r9+12" before complain PWE?
    If there was an instance to farm gears similar to r9 ud never tried to farm it make ur "r9+12"?

Ur complain about nothing because all u did was CS it, so no point in criticizing PWE.

Learn English twit. And I have farmed r9 before, just not for myself. And I am willing to bet I have farmed and/or merchanted more coins than you have in the past 6 months.

Now go buy some more accounts off of other players.
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I couldnt care less about getting R9 +anything. Ive got decent armor and it serves me well for what the game offers after 100.

What I would love to see, and would make me spend money on the game again, is serious endgame 100+ content and lots of it. My playing time is down to next to nothing because Im so seriously bored with doing the same instances over and over and over.

Hopefully our faction getting the TW ball rolling will make at least one day a week bearable in game.

I agree. I'm finding myself logging on less and less lately and I've been playing for 3 years. I'm just so darn bored lately. b:surrender

Though I have been pking with my fail gear since pwi won't give me good stuff :D It's proven to entertain me for an hour or 2 when I log on lol.
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I really expected a bigger ****storm regarding the new boutique prices. This isn't even a moderate one, its almost non visible.

Im suprised

I wonder what the distribution of heavy CS, causual CS, once in a lifetime CS and never CS Players is in pwi.

The sad truth is, nobody want a hard way. Nobody wanna farm a year for one pice of new gear. Its a china solution for a china market 1:1 adapted to western Servers and it will fail.
    I hate Room 38
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol says who the player who played in 2008 where doing fine minus the few who hated the grinding they left and we were all blessed becose it was the superior wayb:chuckle.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rustyspade wrote: »

What would happen ,if PWI ,went back to the way the game started out like ?????????
    What would happen ,if PWI ,fixed all the problems in game ?
    What would happen if players had to earn everything ,they have ,,gear,, wep, ,rep ??
    What would happen ,,if the BOUTIQUE ONLY SOLD charms ,,fash ,mounts ,fireworks ,,and tellies ?????????

PW would be a better game? I think so too... it's becoming way too easy and less a true MMO where you need to interact with others.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im staying on my point with this,

APS killed whole economic scale,
    since peaple can solo instances now, and dont need to buy gold anymore, they can just farm everything

the thing that made PW rich is also backstabbing them.

Yes, because mats for R9, dragon orbs, charms, tokens are totally farmable in instances. It's not like someone somewhere still have to charge gold for the farmers to buy or anything.

Quilue save meh from the idiocy b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary
    HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have R9 +12 gear that means: You have no life outside this game, you have at least 1 maxed out credit card, you go around 1 hitting everyone - no wonder the game is no fun anymore, you ruined it on yourself. I can't get over how much money people spend on being all big and strong on an online MMORPG, like really, is your life that sad that you need to do this to feel good about yourself or something? Were you picked on as a kid and do this to go around killing people with ease online to satisfy yourself and make yourself feel better? There is no logical reason for anyone to spend so much money on something like this, it's just insane. In the almost 3 years I've been playing I spend 330 dollars on this game, usually when they had something I really wanted on sale or something I knew I could make a great profit off of merchanting, and I have 2 pieces of R9 +7 and I'm more than happy with that. I spent a lot of my play time merchanting and making money so having earned these things is much more rewarding, and the game is still challenging because I'm not ridiculously overpowered.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    In the almost 3 years I've been playing I spend 330 dollars on this game

Whoa, you spent $330 on this game for pixel items? You're insane! Why don't you go get a life, gosh!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you have R9 +12 gear that means: You have no life outside this game, you have at least 1 maxed out credit card, you go around 1 hitting everyone - no wonder the game is no fun anymore, you ruined it on yourself. I can't get over how much money people spend on being all big and strong on an online MMORPG, like really, is your life that sad that you need to do this to feel good about yourself or something? Were you picked on as a kid and do this to go around killing people with ease online to satisfy yourself and make yourself feel better? There is no logical reason for anyone to spend so much money on something like this, it's just insane. In the almost 3 years I've been playing I spend 330 dollars on this game, usually when they had something I really wanted on sale or something I knew I could make a great profit off of merchanting, and I have 2 pieces of R9 +7 and I'm more than happy with that. I spent a lot of my play time merchanting and making money so having earned these things is much more rewarding, and the game is still challenging because I'm not ridiculously overpowered.

at what level of refinement does one lose their life?
    how many pieces of rank 9 gear does one need to be considered a zombie?

exactly what part of this game is challenging aside from beating other players that are stronger than you?

$330 is ok, apparently because you are getting all judgmental on people for spending more than you have. can you give us a brighter line so we can know where to stop before we become no-lifers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    at what level of refinement does one lose their life?
    how many pieces of rank 9 gear does one need to be considered a zombie?

exactly what part of this game is challenging aside from beating other players that are stronger than you?

$330 is ok, apparently because you are getting all judgmental on people for spending more than you have. can you give us a brighter line so we can know where to stop before we become no-lifers?

Anything more than 330 = no lifer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Whoa, you spent $330 on this game for pixel items? You're insane! Why don't you go get a life, gosh!

330$ is NOTHING for 3 years. Imagine this. If you played pay to play game how much would you spent? And this consider also. I have 2 jobs. Full time and part time. For me is much better to pay small amount like 20$ per month, than be 24h behind computer to make 30M coins. I'm mage so I have no big opportunity to get money making instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

some people make that in an hour b:surrender
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary
    HeIIRaizer - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LMAo @ the trolls busting me for spending 330 bucks, and it's funny, the people trolling me are the ones who maxed out their credit cards for R9+12, coughroidabusecough, I've seen your toon, you sir need a real life.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    rustyspade wrote: »
    PWI is doing the same as alot of country's today ! GOING BROKE !....

You apparently haven't seen their financial reports.

I believe last year was a total profit margin of near 87%. We're talking a few billion dollars here.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LMAo @ the trolls busting me for spending 330 bucks, and it's funny, the people trolling me are the ones who maxed out their credit cards for R9+12, coughroidabusecough, I've seen your toon, you sir need a real life.

Right, because everyone that have r9 +12 charge.
    BTW, I also have a r9 sin +11. Teheheheheheheheheheheheehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

I think I'm making r9 veno next.

teehekehelklhekekhhehehekekek
    some people make that in an hour b:surrender

it doesn't matter. It's the fact that OP trying to put down people that charge more than he does. To some people, ie, those that don't charge, 330 bucks is a lot! I could use that money to buy some school books mangzzz!

I keep editing for grammar because I'm trying to improve!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol damn edit fail
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*