10* Orb "Will be removed from the Boutique on 10/5/2011"

Ginrai - Heavens Tear
Ginrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Frankie or someone, could you please clarify exactly what this means - is that just the end of this sale, or are you telling us that after Oct 5th 10* orbs will NEVER be sold in the boutique ever again? o.o
Post edited by Ginrai - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    These sales will be active from September 21st at 1:00am server time until October 5th at 1am server time!

it does not say they will be removed, just go off sale
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I want 25 gold orbs back b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry I can't afford $100s to refine to +10 QQQQQQQQ I shoulda just finished on the actual sale they had a few days ago :/
  • Ginrai - Heavens Tear
    Ginrai - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it does not say they will be removed, just go off sale
    Yes it does, I copied+pasted it right from here:

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=333281
  • glorfel
    glorfel Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So now after people got +11 and +12 orbs from the boutique we wont even be able to buy +10 orbs? O_O

I guess the +10 orbs are creating server instability too b:chuckle
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    NO
    You can still get the +10 orbs.
    Issue is now they are 50g as apossed to 25g and 5/100g.
    So they are still there but now its gonna cost 2-2.5X as much to +10 YOUR gear.
  • Havilah - Sanctuary
    Havilah - Sanctuary Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What are you talking about? Of course 10* Dorb will be removed from boutique, they never had been a permanent addition so far.

(Of course, it used to be the same thing with packs...)
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I want 25 gold orbs back b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry b:angry I can't afford $100s to refine to +10 QQQQQQQQ I shoulda just finished on the actual sale they had a few days ago :/

Then *gasp* farm and merchant coin instead of charging.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It doesn't matter what they say. They lie about sale dates frequently.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited September 2011

This.

At worst, Ocan Orbs will no longer be permanently in the cash shop and will be there for a month at a time every other month just like packs were before they went and made them permanent.
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Then *gasp* farm and merchant coin instead of charging.

So Traz, Does that really mean you want to have to farm more than 2x the amount previously to refine your rank 9, that you an your wife worked so hard to get?

If you hadn't got it do you want to farm even more again just to get it if they make rank 8/9 stuff cost more? If they are raising orb prices, why not rank prices too.
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So Traz, Does that really mean you want to have to farm more than 2x the amount previously to refine your rank 9, that you an your wife worked so hard to get?

If you hadn't got it do you want to farm even more again just to get it if they make rank 8/9 stuff cost more? If they are raising orb prices, why not rank prices too.

He probably doesn't have to. With current gold price, no one will buy orbs from merchants since the price is so high which means merchants won't be buying a lot of gold from AH. With so few merchants buying gold, demand goes down thus price of gold go down until it gets cheap enough that ppl can start buying orbs with coins again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I'm pretty sure to someone with r9 a difference of 25-35m isn't going to mean much, especially to a typical knee-jerk, impatient player. The people it's going to supposedly hit are those who are more frugal, but more frugal people would be patient enough to wait out a better ocean orb sale, rendering the QQ rather moot. So realistically the people that are going to get hit the hardest are going to be those who for one reason or another want +10 orbs but are unable to decently farm nor be patient. Sucks for them.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yup.

Thing is, I bet they actually think they're telling the truth this time, too. They probably really, really mean it this time, which for them feels like telling the truth.

However, when push comes to shove, profits start to shrink, and temptation kicks in, they'll cave-in and go back on their word without the slightest bit of hesitation. That's just how they've always done things in the past, so there's no reason to assume they've actually had a genuine change of heart.

My prediction is 3 months at max for the new, "extending the life of the game" pricing, which should give merchants plenty of time to convert their billions into cheap Gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    3 months...I want to hope but I think you give them too much credit. I am tempted to gobble up gold right now as it is ><
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Templar - Sanctuary
    Templar - Sanctuary Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You can always tisha xDb:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am wondering are PWe now in a real big trouble ? (financial)
    Loma & Hotk haven't updated... not even a sale... other PWe games is flooded with "you know" sales..
    b:chuckle
    Did launching Raiderz, Blacklight, and Rusty causing too much back pain ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PW just grown to much, got to greedy, and now they are screwed

PW should be happy that they dont have a helpdesk that gets contacted via a phone number couse, the lady who would aweser those calls would commit suicide after a week
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Loma & Hotk haven't updated... not even a sale... other PWe games is flooded with "you know" sales..
    My theory is that their vision of repeating the success of Perfect World again and again isn't panning out.

They've worked hard to create a stable of games, presumably with the hope that their player-base would switch from Perfect World to one of their other offerings. But people just aren't interested in starting over again and again.

So now they need to figure out how to remove the effects of years of ultra-cheap top-tier gear combined with easy power-leveling, in hopes that Perfect World can survive a few more years than they had planned. I guess that's good for us, but not really, since by removing the sales that never should have been in the game in the first place it's going to result in players being clearly divided between the haves (R9 +12s) and have-nots.

Perhaps their new strategy is to survive until Runic Games finishes the Torchlight MMO. That's probably 1 1/2 years away, and if Torchlight 2 is as big a hit as Torchlight 1 was, then the eventual MMO could result in PWE having a massive hit on their hands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    b:chuckle
    Did launching Raiderz, Blacklight, and Rusty causing too much back pain ?

RaiderZ and Blacklight aren't even in Closed Beta yet (though Blacklight is set to start up sometime this fall, with RaiderZ supposedly coming in the spring).

Rusty Hearts is on Steam as well, so they've got plenty of advertisement there... So many of my Steam friends downloaded it to try it, and a couple are now addicted.b:shutup
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PW just grown to much, got to greedy, and now they are screwed

PW should be happy that they dont have a helpdesk that gets contacted via a phone number couse, the lady who would aweser those calls would commit suicide after a week

The company wouldn't be measuring turnover rates, they might as well measure suicide rates.

That's just too funny.

The company should totally hire someone for the help desk via phone.
  • Thoaster - Raging Tide
    Thoaster - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I really would like to know the answer to this. To know if they are going to at least try this new approach or not. b:surrender
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually, now that I have read the whole sales page this confuses me too. Here you have a number of things for sale until a given date. But on the whole page, the 10* orbs are the only thing with this written beside them:
    (Will be removed from the Boutique on 10/5/2011)

Dragon orb 1* simply says "33% off!" beside them. So why, if not removing them for good, write this cryptic note beside only one item?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Without looking at the sale page, my guess is the 10* is the only sale item thats NOT PERM in the CS. Other items sale may end but they wont be removed from CS after the sale. IJS