Starting in PvP

Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Hi everyone. I have been doing pve for some times and i want to try out pvp for real. I know the class I want to use but i do not know how i should start playing. Should i feed my genie xp so i can keep my skills maxed or just lvl up normally???

Thank you for any idea that makes sense. b:pleased
Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
Post edited by Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Read guides, go to Orchid Temple (blue named) watch and learn, look at their gear and genie setups and maybe duel some of them.

Set your safety lock to I would say 30 mins (always relog to reset it or you will drop stuff)

Then activate pvp mode and have fun. You don't lose exp in pvp and so long as you use safety lock and don't one shot ppl or kill ppl who are afk you won't drop anything. Then its a case of applying what you have learned from other ppl and if you want to put your own spin on it to fit your play style then so be it.

Its just like pve, you look you learn, you do you learn. Never hurts to ask a few questions while you are there as well, most ppl who pvp on dreamweaver are decent ppl. Better to ask ppl more your lvl though some of the higher lvl ppl do get pestered quite a bit and might ignore you. They're not being nasty just trying to save their sanity and actually play instead of constantly typing XD.

GL though, and don't bother if you get pwned by AssAssins, its not worth the agro just brush it off and have fun tormenting other ppl.

BTW you might also want to decide on what you do with ppls drops if you get any. It could have pros (Moneh) and cons (ppl not return your stuff and kill you lots, like lots and lots).

On a personal note I would also recommend not falling asleep, I fell asleep at silver pool waiting for someone to come back from being afk so I could rez them and I got charm ***** by noobs and then killed by a big ugly hairy person (possibly might have been good looking though, but I doubt it XD)
    PWI b:bye
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seekers kinda suck at pvp.
  • AWildPokemon - Raging Tide
    AWildPokemon - Raging Tide Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »

Wrong.
  • Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    endlesspsy wrote: »

not really, i know duel is not pvp but im pretty hard to beat in duel.
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi everyone. I have been doing pve for some times and i want to try out pvp for real. I know the class I want to use but i do not know how i should start playing. Should i feed my genie xp so i can keep my skills maxed or just lvl up normally???

Thank you for any idea that makes sense. b:pleased

If you can't spend actual money on this game, kill any thoughts you have about PvP, bury them 20km under and completely forget about it.

If you can, spend as much as you can and you'll become...

PRO.b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Should i feed my genie xp so i can keep my skills maxed or just lvl up normally???

dkalngleianlndlagnlkdangkaegtwe

WHERE DO PEOPLE GET THIS NOTION??? WHY AM I SEEING THIS STILL!!!!

How does, by any means, staying at the same level help you gain spirits faster? Yeah, on paper, you'll have your skills maxed for your level if you stay at level 60 for a month. But at the same time, the other person kept leveling and gained spirit at the same rate, which means he was also able to learn all the skills available to a level 60, but he is also level 80. No his skills are not "maxed for his level", but he's still got the same skills as you and 20 levels higher. *face desk*

This isn't World of Tanks. You don't get to fight people your level. Whoever's spreading this "feed EXP to genie to stay at a level to max the skills" please ****ing stop, the stupidity of it is staggering.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What Okeano said
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011

How does, by any means, staying at the same level help you gain spirits faster? Yeah, on paper, you'll have your skills maxed for your level if you stay at level 60 for a month. But at the same time, the other person kept leveling and gained spirit at the same rate, which means he was also able to learn all the skills available to a level 60, but he is also level 80. No his skills are not "maxed for his level", but he's still got the same skills as you and 20 levels higher. *face desk*

This isn't World of Tanks. You don't get to fight people your level. Whoever's spreading this "feed EXP to genie to stay at a level to max the skills" please ****ing stop, the stupidity of it is staggering.

it might be useful to do this if an instance comes out where u pvp in tiers according to your level. (lvl 6xs vs 6xs) then the person with the maxed skills would have the advantage, but anwyays..

Pvp pre-100 is garbage anyways imo lvl to 100 and get some endgame gear you can afford and demon/sage skills then go nuts.
  • DryadLaFey - Sanctuary
    DryadLaFey - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited September 2011

This is something that some people on the PVE servers think you should do because somehow a lvl 60 toon with max skills is a better player than a lvl 80 toon with maxed lvl 60 skills. Those are people who have never reached 100 and seen the massive spirit pool you have because by then, simply leveling normally, you have more spirit than you'll ever need.
    b:cute
  • Blood_Junky - Harshlands
    Blood_Junky - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wrong.

Right.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • StacysMum - Dreamweaver
    StacysMum - Dreamweaver Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think most ppl like to keep their skills inline with their lvl so they don't look like a fail hard hypernoob. Perhaps this is the reason on Mystics forum the most feared person to fight in a poll was another Mystic. Which is quite strange as fighting your own class is the easiest thing in the game (you understand everything they do, or atleast you are supposed to lol), perhaps more likely scared of humiliation as they don't have a clue XD.
    PWI b:bye
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Right.

Wrong.
    Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
    pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2