[Announcement] Anniversary Contest Winners!

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I didn't enter and never planned to. I'm not all that great with making characters that look like me or other real people. The person that managed to succeed in that department actually did a nice job! Kinda sucks that PWI's fail with the other winner is hogging all the attention right now.

I don't think this is a case of people hating on someone simply because their entry wasn't picked. I could have made that same exact tideborn character in less than 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, I'm fairly confident that my assassin or psychic looked very similar before I decided that they looked like everyone else and gave them makeovers a while back. I wasn't the only person that noticed the lack of creativity. The fact that it appears that her entry was actually late makes this contest look like even more of a joke. Kinda glad I didn't bother.

As someone else pointed out, it seems obvious that a tideborn or earthguard would have a much higher chance of winning a beauty contest than others. The textures used for their faces are much easier to work with as far as making an ascetically pleasing character goes. That being said, I have always thought my veno was pretty... then again, everyone has their own idea of what beautiful is. I think she's pretty, but definitely not as pretty as my seeker that took about 15 mins of playing with sliders to create. I know that this means that humans, elves, and untamed just need to work a little harder if they want to compete in contests like these, but it still seems like tideborn and earthguards will always have the upper hand.

I'm not bitter. I'm simply making an observation and giving my feedback.

Edit: Was just thinking... maybe a male and female category would have been good? The poor guys seem to totally get shafted in contests like these. A lot are playing female characters, but not everybody.

Now that you mention it.. my sin actually does look alot like that too..
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Little disappointed for choosing the tideborn...they have the least possible customization, hard to make something unique with them. Struggled a lot with mine to give at least some touch of uniqueness (and still not satisfied) but either way, congrats to the winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Little disappointed for choosing the tideborn...they have the least possible customization, hard to make something unique with them. Struggled a lot with mine to give at least some touch of uniqueness (and still not satisfied) but either way, congrats to the winners.

Agreed this so true Tideborn or Earthguard have the least cusimization options, how is that creative?
  • __Kikyo__ - Lost City
    __Kikyo__ - Lost City Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=693418183#!/profile.php?id=693418183
    tell me why Chuck Norris didnt win or any other of my chars win lol. only reason i can think of is gm lazy to click on photos and look at it in full pics, instead of that small profile picture b:cry

i agree u should of won.these people are bad at judging.and there should be more then 2 winners.those 2 winners were just horrible!
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=693418183#!/profile.php?id=693418183
    tell me why Chuck Norris didnt win or any other of my chars win lol. only reason i can think of is gm lazy to click on photos and look at it in full pics, instead of that small profile picture b:cry

DAMN, good job there, esp. like the Grinch b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In what world does a late entry win a contest over people who took the time to submit the entry on time? I don't care if she made her character look like the freaking Mona Lisa, it's grossly unfair to the people who followed the rules of the contest. It's like comic contest all over again, a little time to make sure all the winners followed the rules would go a long way in giving people confidence in your contests. Sooo glad I didn't enter. :P

to the winner: It's a pretty assassin btw, don't get me wrong. That's definitely the best preset, and there is a reason many people pick and tweak it. It's gorgeous, and I really like the way your character's name and aesthetic match up. I tweaked that preset myself for my assassin. It's just if you enter after the deadline and use a mostly preset character, it's unfair to the people who did follow the rules....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh believe me i know, i spent 4+ hours, per character (i have 4 so far on this server), in the creation pages getting it "just right"

as for the zen, cmon now, have you SEEN gold prices these days?? when i started playing it was about 250k or so a piece, now its what, 1.9mil?? actually, i missed a 0 lol, i meant 1000, sue me b:chuckle

Last I saw the gold was like 1.5 mil. But that was before this D. Orb +11/+12 nonsense. :P 1000 zen I can understand, free 10 bucks worth of zen.

Actually, believe it or not, an easy way is to do those annoying offers. I made 5 whole gold and sold it on Momaganon server to make my mystic rich. Just have to find the right ones. b:pleased

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myrunika
    myrunika Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BigDiamond u should have definitly won, the chars u made are freaking awesome!!!!
    edited September 2011
    Last I saw the gold was like 1.5 mil. But that was before this D. Orb +11/+12 nonsense. :P 1000 zen I can understand, free 10 bucks worth of zen.

Actually, believe it or not, an easy way is to do those annoying offers. I made 5 whole gold and sold it on Momaganon server to make my mystic rich. Just have to find the right ones. b:pleased

yeah i've tried them all, thats how i got my flyer on my veno actually, got about 2 gold from offers and the rest i bought with coin... back in the day when gold was under 500k.. the offers page now has nothing i can do as a canadian.. i try the survey stuff and it always always says i didnt qualify.. after filling out 4 pages of preliminary crud.. waste of time.
    edited September 2011
    In what world does a late entry win a contest over people who took the time to submit the entry on time? I don't care if she made her character look like the freaking Mona Lisa, it's grossly unfair to the people who followed the rules of the contest. It's like comic contest all over again, a little time to make sure all the winners followed the rules would go a long way in giving people confidence in your contests. Sooo glad I didn't enter. :P

to the winner: It's a pretty assassin btw, don't get me wrong. That's definitely the best preset, and there is a reason many people pick and tweak it. It's gorgeous, and I really like the way your character's name and aesthetic match up. I tweaked that preset myself for my assassin. It's just if you enter after the deadline and use a mostly preset character, it's unfair to the people who did follow the rules....

In a 'Perfect World' of course...

I'm interested to see what frankie's response to all this is.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I also agree that BigDiamond should have AT LEAST been mentioned. I've always seen his special BM's customizations running around and without a doubt, he's got epic skills and deserves recognition! (my fave are the grinch, chuck, lee, homer and the joker :) )
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Wave_Ridden - Sanctuary
    Wave_Ridden - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well it is official the GM's who judge these contests are blind and ride the short bus to work. There just isn't any other excuse for the horrible winners they choose for every single contest.
    b:fatbb:spit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In a 'Pack World' of course...

Where everything is random.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited September 2011
    In a "Pack World" of course...Where everything is random.

I LOLed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • PearlBreeze - Raging Tide
    PearlBreeze - Raging Tide Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i have to agree with the others

Even mine tideborn more creative then that .Also try to make one that is not like others.

Have seen a couple of likeness but not same .

Annyway i see that one everywhere !! And i havent seen the pick on who she suurpose to look .

Srry frenky but if u call out a winner of making a char look like some one u also should post the picture on who she supose to look like

I dont want to flaw the winner though but it has to be honest.

Cuz for all i know that could be anyone .

So please i call for the likeness photo.If you say she looks like herself lets see it ....???

b:chuckleb:bye

Congrats to the winner though .

Katherine well done !!

I think i missing the celeb between the winners ? i think not only self ones should win if u have more categories
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i have to agree with the others

Even mine tideborn more creative then that .Also try to make one that is not like others.

Have seen a couple of likeness but not same .

Annyway i see that one everywhere !! And i havent seen the pick on who she suurpose to look .

Srry frenky but if u call out a winner of making a char look like some one u also should post the picture on who she supose to look like

I dont want to flaw the winner though but it has to be honest.

Cuz for all i know that could be anyone .

So please i call for the likeness photo.If you say she looks like herself lets see it ....???

b:chuckleb:bye

Congrats to the winner though .

Katherine well done !!

I think i missing the celeb between the winners ? i think not only self ones should win if u have more categories

Rose is not supposed to look like someone. The first contest was purely to put your character as a profile picture. The second contest was supposed to look like yourself. Which the winner is showing.

@ Thread.
    Rose's character is pretty. But I have to agree that it's not that creative. Seeing that apparently she entered late, it seems they just took an winner form the last few comments.

Katherine did a very good job though. I think it looks like her. b:chuckle
  • BigDiamond - Lost City
    BigDiamond - Lost City Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rose is not supposed to look like someone. The first contest was purely to put your character as a profile picture. The second contest was supposed to look like yourself. Which the winner is showing.

@ Thread.
    Rose's character is pretty. But I have to agree that it's not that creative. Seeing that apparently she entered late, it seems they just took an winner form the last few comments.

Katherine did a very good job though. I think it looks like her. b:chuckle

Oh Snap b:shockedthis is true, omg now switching RAGE TO Katherine b:angry RAWWWRRR lolol

but still though Rose was late entry and won, so unfair.
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The first of the two contests was simple - throw your character up there, and the most creative and aesthetically pleasing image would be chosen.

This is how it should've been judged. b:surrender

The first contest was purely to put your character as a profile picture

This is how it actually was decided. b:sad

Surprised no response from frankie. .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    am i the only one who saw they both had 9 friend requests and 5 comments the one thing i get from this is its one of the gms soo they save money that way
  • Amixia - Lost City
    Amixia - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    but still though Rose was late entry and won, so unfair.
    Agreed.
    And I love your mario character. b:chuckle

This is how it actually was decided. b:sad

I think they just took a random one at the bottom instead of going through all the older comments. ><

am i the only one who saw they both had 9 friend requests and 5 comments the one thing i get from this is its one of the gms soo they save money that way

It's probably a gm that took the pictures. the contest was to post a comment. Not send in a picture of your facebok. So ye. Just the same gm chosed both winners and printscreened them. Hence the same friend requests and comments. b:chuckle
  • seethru
    seethru Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    First of all grats to all...

And by any change did anyone wondered why they had the same amount of friendship requests to accept and the same amount of notification on facebook? coincidence much to much? lol just maybe im going a bit over the top....

:O
  • IVei - Harshlands
    IVei - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @The winners: Congratulations.

@The QQers: The first contest wasn't originally stated to be based on creativity, the rules simply stated to set your profile picture to your Perfect World International character. Although I do have to agree, if Perfect World Entertainment has rules, they might as well be enforced. This is BS how a late entry can win. http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectWorldMMO

@Perfect World Entertainment GMs and moderators: The contest was okay, seeing as it was a random contest I would normally be fine with the results. IF, as other players have pointed out, you followed your own rules. In the end, you basically lied to all of your players and slapped them in the face by picking a late entry to be the winner of the first contest.
    edited September 2011
    Surprised no response from frankie. .___.

I'd wager Frankie's response will be to unsticky, lock/close, and possibly move to off-topic or something, to drift away into oblivion.. out of sight, out of mind right..
    @The winners: Congratulations.

@The QQers: The first contest wasn't originally stated to be based on creativity, the rules simply stated to set your profile picture to your Perfect World International character. Although I do have to agree, if Perfect World Entertainment has rules, they might as well be enforced. This is BS how a late entry can win. http://www.facebook.com/#!/PerfectWorldMMO

@Perfect World Entertainment GMs and moderators: The contest was okay, seeing as it was a random contest I would normally be fine with the results. IF, as other players have pointed out, you followed your own rules. In the end, you basically lied to all of your players and slapped them in the face by picking a late entry to be the winner of the first contest.

Actually.. the official post here says
    1) Make your character into your profile image!

For this contest, you just need to use your PWI character's face as your profile image. Please make sure it's zoomed in enough so that we can all see it relatively well.

Entries will be judged based on creativity and overall appeal.

so yes, they were to be judged on Creativity, its right there in the post, that exact word :)

Not that rose's entry is horrible, i actually rather like it myself, the lighting is decent, camera angle is good, probably took a fair bit of fiddlin with the F9 view to get that snap.. but as mentioned above, rather a slap in the face to everyone else who entered.
    edited September 2011
    I'd wager Frankie's response will be to unsticky, lock/close, and possibly move to off-topic or something, to drift away into oblivion.. out of sight, out of mind right..

so yes, they were to be judged on Creativity, its right there in the post, that exact word :)

Not that rose's entry is horrible, i actually rather like it myself, the lighting is decent, camera angle is good, probably took a fair bit of fiddlin with the F9 view to get that snap.. but as mentioned above, rather a slap in the face to everyone else who entered.

Sometimes silence speaks louder than words or actions could....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rose Waters Am I too late?
    September 3 at 2:15pm

Rose Waters I wished to enter too... T__T
    September 3 at 2:36pm

There were TWO posts from her on the 3rd. Yes Rose. Your entry was actually over 11 hours late. Congrats on winning. Maybe you should change the quotation on your profile to "Nothing is ever easy... except winning contests when I enter late and clearly lack creativity!" ... just a thought.

Still waiting on a response from Frankie about this.

In addition to the question everyone seems to be asking, I have another for PWI. Am I too late? I wished to enter too! T__T I can has free keyboard and other goodies too? Since the rules didn't matter anyway, I would rather have the untamed flyer even though I live in the US. Thanks! *trollface*

Edit: Forgot to add my entry! I know it's a little late and I didn't actually post on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure it has a shot at winning since the rules obviously don't matter and it's a Tideborn! *crosses fingers*

b:chuckle
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Agreed.
    And I love your mario character. b:chuckle

I think they just took a random one at the bottom instead of going through all the older comments. ><

It's probably a gm that took the pictures. the contest was to post a comment. Not send in a picture of your facebok. So ye. Just the same gm chosed both winners and printscreened them. Hence the same friend requests and comments. b:chuckle

omg i didnt even think of that i feel dumb now
  • gamekillz
    gamekillz Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited September 2011

You know, I actually tried to look for that post but couldn't find it, so I used the post the made on facebook as reference, my bad. :D

But even still, the rest of my post still stands.

Edit: Sorry for posting on my alt. I am also Ivei.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sit tibi vita longa et omnia bona
    Pacem et vitam longam
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Saitek > Logitech and im sure that barb statue will find its way to amazon or ebay eventually
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""
  • V_m_ - Harshlands
    V_m_ - Harshlands Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rose Waters Am I too late?
    September 3 at 2:15pm

Rose Waters I wished to enter too... T__T
    September 3 at 2:36pm

There were TWO posts from her on the 3rd. Yes Rose. Your entry was actually over 11 hours late. Congrats on winning. Maybe you should change the quotation on your profile to "Nothing is ever easy... except winning contests when I enter late and clearly lack creativity!" ... just a thought.

Still waiting on a response from Frankie about this.

In addition to the question everyone seems to be asking, I have another for PWI. Am I too late? I wished to enter too! T__T I can has free keyboard and other goodies too? Since the rules didn't matter anyway, I would rather have the untamed flyer even though I live in the US. Thanks! *trollface*

Edit: Forgot to add my entry! I know it's a little late and I didn't actually post on Facebook, but I'm pretty sure it has a shot at winning since the rules obviously don't matter and it's a Tideborn! *crosses fingers*

b:chuckle

A: find out what server miss rose is on
    B: surpass her level
    C: PK her LOTS! (if able to)
    D: she rage quits
    E: ?????
    F: PROFIT!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"perfect world isnt perfect, but its better than this so called "reality""