Login Issue

Miljazzerson - Archosaur
Miljazzerson - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
Yes, I Googled this and searched the forums, couldn't find a response. Basically, PWI has been working fine but last night, it kept saying "Incorrect Username or Password" and I tried several times but it won't work. The password shouldn't be wrong because I can login to the forums and post here and I'm using the exact same info for both so I don't know why it won't work. I also tried to change the password, just in case, and that didn't help either.

I sent a support ticket but now its the weekend and they haven't responded so I have to wait through the weekend so I posted here. Anybody think they know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Miljazzerson - Archosaur on

Comments

• ragnawind1
    ragnawind1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There are 2 possibilities that I can think of. One is someone hijacked your account and the other is your account was banned. If you have one of the other PWE games, try logging into one of them and see if it lets you.
  • Miljazzerson - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    I don't have any of the other PW games so I won't be able to check that and I don't think that my account would be hijacked, I can still login from the main site so how could my account be hijacked? Also tried using "Force Login", didn't do anything.
  • almaer60
    almaer60 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm having the same issue. I just downloaded the game, and when I try to start it up it says my log in is invalid. I haven't played before, but I have an account that I made last night, so I'm not sure what to do. I tried 2 different servers and I can't even start a character.
    edited September 2011
    Anybody know anything about this? Haven't been able to play for a few days.
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    Darion_X - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ive been having the exact same problem, ive been playing for two years, never happened before
    i looked at the changed password thread and tried it but doesnt work
    idk if i got banned or not cause i havent done anything bannable
    tried getting on my fw account but cant either, i can only log onto the forum and stuff
    tried resetting the password, tried the forgot id/pw stuff, nothing at all
    edited September 2011
    Ive been having the exact same problem, ive been playing for two years, never happened before
    i looked at the changed password thread and tried it but doesnt work
    idk if i got banned or not cause i havent done anything bannable
    tried getting on my fw account but cant either, i can only log onto the forum and stuff
    tried resetting the password, tried the forgot id/pw stuff, nothing at all
    Yea, I've had this account for about 3 years now and played other PW games and never had this problem. Very strange, hopefully they fix it soon now that the week is starting again.
    edited September 2011
    This problem still has not been resolved, can anyone help?
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    This problem still has not been resolved, can anyone help?

i just recieved info from a gm saying that i was banned, i think you were banned too
    due to "suspicious logins"
    really unfair
    edited September 2011
    i just recieved info from a gm saying that i was banned, i think you were banned too
    due to "suspicious logins"
    really unfair
    Suspicious logins? What does that even mean? I've been logging in normally. :(
  • Darion_X - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    Suspicious logins? What does that even mean? I've been logging in normally. :(

means that they saw something wierd and saying that someone tried to **** into your account so they banned it, you have to submit ticket saying that you didnt do anything
  • Shazaama - Harshlands
    Shazaama - Harshlands Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    holy christ crackers and jeez-its, someone actually answered you, honestly they did really? wow i'm surprised to say the least. now my question is this................

since they are banning players for normal logins, in there opinion to act as a premptive strike..... just what is the problem they are supposedly trying to prempt?

and how do they determine what is suspicios and what isnt when obviously no one is looking at past login records?

does this mean i need permission from communist china if i cant sleep and login at a different time even tho same mac address and i.p.?