[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Comments

• peacefulsilence
    peacefulsilence Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Negitive feedback? Really?

Wow, never would have thought newbies rage quitting because they are not pro and do not understand alternitive ways of doing things yet.

I mean everyone is pro and know how to do everything immediately the moment they start a game.

/sarcasm
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I mean everyone is pro and know how to do everything immediately the moment they start a game.

/sarcasm

2 month baby know how to drive a car b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    whitesynn wrote: »
    Is there a specific date and time when this re-conversion will take place because as far I am aware there's been 2-3 updates since this post came out and it's still the same way on the Raging Tide. I hope the statement isssued by you wasn't just an attempt to throw the dog a bone and hopes the issue sweeps under the carpet. Remember there are lots of non pk loving cash shoppers like myself who play on your PVE severs.

I've had the pleasure of some your best pk loving cash shoppers asking me to pay survival fee whenever I enter into the passage. Did you devs really think about the pros and cons of this decision and the efftect it has on the entire PWI population?

thank you

i haven't bought a cent since they did it.. and won't buy another until it's undone. statement that it will be done isn't enough for me.. and i know many others 'waiting' as well.

b:shutup
  • Marelia - Momaganon
    Marelia - Momaganon Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Idea of it wasnt that bad at all just....so very optimistic! b:chuckle

Id totaly had used the free PvP in there too if it wasnt for some specific Factions who didnt realy liked sharing and just killed anything that mooves in there.

It seemes to be realy hard to resist the urge to one shot a 50 level lower toon.....

If you want it clean you have to make an instanced PvP Zone which has, like PV, diffrent Instannces for diffrent levels. So lowbies get in the same PvP rooms as other lowbies, and high levels have to live with the fact that all others in there are arround their own level.b:chuckle
  • zavriel
    zavriel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks alot carebears... PWE, why do you even listen to them they do not even spend a quarter of what us on LC pay....

please **** bloody noone cares that you cash your way to kill pixels me personally i like the idea of the change because now my barb can run sp with lower levels to help them with instances and culti so again ****
  • zhirq
    zhirq Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Since it will still take 3-4 weeks (LOL from what i read probably more) how about putting in the warning anyway.
  • jessabomb11
    jessabomb11 Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I honestly dont care if ppl want to kill each other. If you feel the need to do so, at least dont be a dumbass and use AOEs that kill unsuspecting questers!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this is a one-file fix, and it's NOT client-side, what is taking so long.. I mean, you had emergency maint for the orbs, it would have been a PERFECT time to include that fix..

"BREAKING NEWS: Secret Passage will be reverted.. eventually" is a more appropriate title for this topic. there's no reason it should have not come within the last few patches/maintenances.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Descendus - Lost City
    Descendus - Lost City Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I liked the idea of having a PvP Arena, it was fun, but what I didn't like was its location, people are obviously going to be angry about getting one shot by a 10x's AoE when they're just trying to get into the Hall of Deception (BH/FB29) I mean are you seriously telling me the Chinese team is to lazy to fix the old arena!? That's just stupid to be honest. So all this boils down to is, YES make a PvP Arena for people to free pk in, but for the love of god think of a better location to put the damn thing, preferably somewhere people aren't going to have to go into to follow a quest, I.E. Like a separate instance for the sole purpose of PvP, *hint-freaking-hint* So if Frankie or any of the GM team could pass along this idea to the Chinese Dev team or where ever it needs to go to actually happen, I think everyone who wants a PvP arena would be very appreciative, Myself included.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Need better/up-to-date sig)

Remember my name. For it's the one you will fear in your waking nightmares...
  • hank
    hank Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why have a PVE server if they will let you get PK'd without your permission on it is this it the freaking PVP Buttheads win again? I left and stopped playing EVE online because a good game is once again ruined by neanderthals who love pvp too chicken to play it on a real pvp server. No they have to demand PVP where the rest of us go to be away from it!!!!!!b:angry
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Never mind if it goes against the preferences of the majority of players who find PVP on a PVE server about as attractive as day old vomit.

b:shocked

Gankers want to gank, and by way of some mistake or really really stupid management decision, the gank squad got their little wet dream via the SP fiasco.

Now that it is going to be taken away from them, no doubt the wanna-be gankers are going to QQ from here to eternity about how this gank fest was taken from them.

b:cry

Saying you want PVP on a PVE server is basically begging for access to victims to bully.
    Just some guy
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's not gone yet, at this point it is only planned to be reverted but has not been yet.

Yeah i know but in a few weeks it will be.

Funny how it can be instantly set-up but takes weeks to get rid of.....b:puzzled
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok, so when the ef they will revert it to the original non pk instance? I`m sick and tired of stupid spoiled brats who have stolen their parents` credit cards and are happily killing every1 there, even people who need quests, esp. Silver Frost. Don`t tell me it takes fu cking months to make it as it was, or maybe d orb sale made it a bit harder to do?
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Even Frankieraye doesn't know when it will be reverted. He said that it will likely be in the next bundle of patches they get from China, but he doesn't know when that will be. It may be a couple of weeks from now, or it could be on the next maintenance, but I wouldn't bet on the latter.
    lissajane wrote: »
    Yeah i know but in a few weeks it will be.

Funny how it can be instantly set-up but takes weeks to get rid of.....b:puzzled
    But, it's not "instantly set-up". China got the SP PK change back in July, from what I've heard, so it took months to get here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • KEIIIIY - Harshlands11
    KEIIIIY - Harshlands11 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sigh. this is bull ****. that was one of the best places to pvp freely! west gate and silver pool are owned by all them r9.

what are people meant to do if they dont cs? r9 will take literally years to farm. this game will never be free to play.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Even Frankieraye doesn't know when it will be reverted. He said that it will likely be in the next bundle of patches they get from China, but he doesn't know when that will be. It may be a couple of weeks from now, or it could be on the next maintenance, but I wouldn't bet on the latter.

But, it's not "instantly set-up". China got the SP PK change back in July, from what I've heard, so it took months to get here.

Vast majority of player base just does not believe anything anymore since at first it wasnt even known, then when people started to complain it was an error then later in the week it was confirmed a change (still no one believed since there was no formal ROLL OUT) and took a while before the sign in posting was changed. THEN we were told the servers in China were being converted that day but it would come to us later in a patch which we then went thru an off day maint. followed by an emergency maint. neither of which contained this change. As the saying goes... the butt is falling out of the cat. Someone needs to shove all this back in the cat before she craps herself to death.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well im glad that its being put back the way it was....however i do hope for all the Pkers out there that they put a decent arena in
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011

it could be though, it's literally one line in a file
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Frankie already say it : " Soon "
    Just like EGr9 : " Soon "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011

My point was..."all of a sudden there was a rule change and hey presto PK is legal in SP without a word of warning that it was coming...and if anything ever needed an emergency patch then this aberration was it!! But no, we have to wait" b:sad
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    lissajane wrote: »
    My point was..."all of a sudden there was a rule change and hey presto PK is legal in SP without a word of warning that it was coming...and if anything ever needed an emergency patch then this aberration was it!! But no, we have to wait" b:sad

This is why we know it was a huge blunder on the programmers part... something people claim to be something so desired by so many (laugh) had zero coverage to promote it. Rogue programming blunder which continues to divide the player base. And still waiting to hear from those who love the change to give any intelligent input into an alternative. They cry cause people complained and its being changed back but as to actual ideas other then arena... we hear nothing. How does anyone believe there was such a massive outcry for this change when those players crying to keep SP as a pvp zone cant even come up with any ideas on a replacement?
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNvo3-aRwEc

This
    Thank goodness none of my alts(or myself) will be pwned uneccesarily b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

So, while people are waiting for the change back, why is not PWI making a new rule saying that PKing in SP is now forbidden?
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • sangodoc
    edited September 2011
    karmelia wrote: »
    So, while people are waiting for the change back, why is not PWI making a new rule saying that PKing in SP is now forbidden?
    Because the change was intended (not a "programming error" as some have asserted), and so they want people to be able to use the change as intended until it's changed back.

Also, hello again! Long time since I've seen that sig. Always kinda liked it. :-)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Because the change was intended (not a "programming error" as some have asserted), and so they want people to be able to use the change as intended until it's changed back.

IF it was intended... it is the WORST roll out of ANY game. In fact if I remember the posting... for days no one even knew if it was intended or not. The login posting of rules wasnt changed for close to a week and after a few weeks now players are still not even aware it exists. If this was intended it shows more of a failure then if it was a mistake.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    IF it was intended... it is the WORST roll out of ANY game. In fact if I remember the posting... for days no one even knew if it was intended or not. The login posting of rules wasnt changed for close to a week and after a few weeks now players are still not even aware it exists. If this was intended it shows more of a failure then if it was a mistake.

I think the main problem is that PW China is not very good at communication with PWI regarding patch content. They were probably as surprised as us when they heard about it. Like Sangodoc said, this change happened in China way before we got it.

Other games have public test servers to try out patches and changes before they are implemented on the main servers. This is something lacking here, and it would be a good thing to have one to test the new patches a week or two in advance. PWI probably have an internal test server to try out patches, but I don't think they do intensive testing, only minimal one to see if the server stay stable after patch implementation or if anything major happens.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »

^ this... and dont' try to tell us it was intended. Like he said even the GM's couldn't say if it was intended or not at first, although i remember one ADMIN saying it WASN"T. Remember quite clearly them saying the devs accidentally changed all of SP's coding when they put the WORLD TOURNEY areas in their chinese server's SP. So... ya, keep trying to cover the dev's butts. b:laugh

And I suppose the devs arent' smart enough to keep the old coding for a area on file in case they **** up? I know of ten people that quit this week after starting to play.... keep waiting to change this back you'll just lose more people. But hey...
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    karmelia wrote: »
    I think the main problem is that PW China is not very good at communication with PWI regarding patch content. They were probably as surprised as us when they heard about it. Like Sangodoc said, this change happened in China way before we got it.

Other games have public test servers to try out patches and changes before they are implemented on the main servers. This is something lacking here, and it would be a good thing to have one to test the new patches a week or two in advance. PWI probably have an internal test server to try out patches, but I don't think they do intensive testing, only minimal one to see if the server stay stable after patch implementation or if anything major happens.

Well this should be a major topic on the email going to China then shouldnt it? But each time there is a change with big impact and something that was told to be exciting I have seen posted on the website as they choose to promote it. I looked after the change and after the final announcement and saw nothing. I would think a million dollar business with a massive game like this would have wanted to promote this new feature. Instead they hide it and come out days later after people have been asking, complaining and submitting tickets which originally we were told was still an offense.

I stick with my original opinion: If this was an intended change which was to be something exciting and new... it was a bigger failure in roll out then if they had just admitted it being a programming error or bug.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    but if it is a bug it sure would take longer to fix then if it was intended nub:sadb:shocked.

and we dont need this in a pvp server cos we have the full map granted we are dumb to pk only on hot spot but we still dont need this pvp sp thingb:surrender only pve maybe
    cos then they can pk anybod as if it was a pvp server
  • sangodoc
    edited September 2011
    ^ this... and dont' try to tell us it was intended. Like he said even the GM's couldn't say if it was intended or not at first, although i remember one ADMIN saying it WASN"T. Remember quite clearly them saying the devs accidentally changed all of SP's coding when they put the WORLD TOURNEY areas in their chinese server's SP. So... ya, keep trying to cover the dev's butts. b:laugh
    Except that you remember it wrong.

Yes, Frankieraye didn't know if it was intended or not at first, but after contacting China he found out that it was intended. The post you're thinking of is the first one in the "PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!" thread. Reread it and you'll see that Frankieraye clearly says, "For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone. Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing."

In other words, the PWIC was the reason that inspired them to change SP to PK. It was not an accident.

However, it looks like this was a good idea which was badly implemented (SP was a truly terrible location for it), so they've listened to our feedback and are returning SP to how it was.

Hopefully they'll come up with a workable version of this in the future for the people that did enjoy it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]