opinion needed.....

Options
_Muffin_ - Heavens Tear
_Muffin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Blademaster
hi i have been thinking about my engame ( what i can farm and aford ) gear. i dont know how to link the pwcalc so if someone can help plz do...

Gear:
Helm: ☆☆Ancestral Divine Helm
Top: ☆☆Lionheart Armor
Leggings: ☆☆Lionheart Greaves
Footware: ☆☆Lionheart Boots
Wrists: ☆☆Lionheart Bracers
Robe: ☆Energetic Robe: Lunar Glade
Rings: ☆Sign of Frost: Chaos x2
Necklace: ☆Lionheart Necklace
Belt: ☆Lionheart Belt
wep: ☆Deicide
☆Unparalleled Brimstone Edges ( will nirvana them at a later stage )

I am planning on slowly farming this gear and sharding them with +10 vit stones with a average refine of +5.

would that be decent gear for a lvl 100 BM? base stats would be 5 vit 5 mag 305 str and 200 dex...

Regards
_Muffin_
Post edited by _Muffin_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It'll be much easier to put your armour in pwcalc.com.

But I can tell you now that that's not a great set up if you want high dps and i wouldn't advise you to get those axes. Also +4 is really easy to get with mirages so just get +4 armour for now and +10 your weapons.

Make sure you're 200 dex with add ons only, not base so you can put the rest of your points in vit, or str if you have crazy refines but i doubt it.
  • _Muffin_ - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i have checked everything on pwcalc but i just dont know how to link it and like i said the axe's ill nirvana together with the claws at some stage... ( i dont mind if it takes a year to farm the gear ) i dont TW or PVP I like the nirvana set cuz of G15 and the 5 attack lvl's and 10 defence lvl's.... I can always start refining my gear after i have them (+4 and up ). I have a set of lunar claws already 2 socket +6 refined. i might even think about the CoA rings for the Mdef refine....

Regards
    _Muffin_
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah, those axes aren't great when nirvana'd, I'd suggest getting R8 poleaxe when there's a rep sale, it's cheaper than 1st cast nirvana and better. R8 poleaxe is great until you eventaully get enough for R9 axes.

Those claws are great also and there are a lot around with high refines. I would suggest you look for a cheapish one with decent refines and use that until you can afford to get either TT100 fists or Nirvana claws. Make sure you know your options. The end goal is 2nd cast nirvana with -.5 (*2 if you see fit) with a nice add on, or you can just stay content with the TT100 which is awesome but not the best.

Also you're gonna need 2 LA TT99 and 2 HA TT99 as read in the FAQ sticky so I'm gonna leave you to read that. (Just incase you were unaware, you don't get 2 -.5 bonuses for HA, you only get the one bonus for the first 2 HA, not the 2nd 2, you'll need 2 LA to get another .5 bonus.)

Those rings, you might want to switch one out for a R8 ring or a school ring. You won't need that much accuracy till you go on to PvP, and that's only against LA's. Don't get that necklace, it's a waste get 2 other lionheart, use that necklace for a nice +5% HP necklace with mag resistance like cube or TT90 mag, or level 95 necklace.

Also if you can get cascade glow nirvana (legs) instead of lionheart that would be slightly better. Just scout the forums and you'll find a decent calc for a bm, if you'r really having trouble finsing a decent calc I can show you
    a forum post.

Tl;dr: read it, you lazy -.-
    i have checked everything on pwcalc but i just dont know how to link it and like i said the axe's ill nirvana together with the claws at some stage... ( i dont mind if it takes a year to farm the gear ) i dont TW or PVP I like the nirvana set cuz of G15 and the 5 attack lvl's and 10 defence lvl's.... I can always start refining my gear after i have them (+4 and up ). I have a set of lunar claws already 2 socket +6 refined. i might even think about the CoA rings for the Mdef refine....

Regards
    _Muffin_

You'll need to settle just for the +5 attack bonus if you want decent DPS, Legs + Helm = 5 attack. That's awesome that you have +6 2 sock deicide but don't nirvana them, It's a waste, sell them for a nice price and try to find cheap cube fists ((2 sock)if you want tradable ones) or the TT99 fists(2 sock), or just cheap 2 sock deicide if you want find anything else. It's Important you get 2 sock and use chienkun stones for 2 sock nirvana, it make a difference.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Im not lazy qq...... okay maybe a litte :P
    Im aware of the LA -int and im happy to just be 4 aps and have the 10 def lvl bonus from the nirvana set. But i have to admit i have been thinking about the cube necky....

Thank yopu for your feedback :P

Regards
    _Muffin_
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest you settle for 4.0 especially since very end game claws are just .5 bonus, or .5 x 2 I guess but it's rare with a decent add on.

It's not that much of a loss getting 2 LA, boots and wrists being the best idea. It actually gives you better survivability, with more mag defence and also the extra aps it gives you make you heal much faster with bp which definitely makes up for the loss of phys defence and possibly the 10 defence :3 the difference between 4 and 5aps is the greatest, also bear in mind if you ever want to pvp 1v1 base damage is significant since you don't tend to spark all that often.

I just don't want you to get them, wield them making them untradable and changing your mind, it happens to a lot of us but it doesn't have to happen for others by people sharing experiences and the best options (although it's all opinions).

About pwcalc, you need to click save when you have your calc done, then copy and paste the link on forums.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/941f45c1af36c81e
    ty hehe

okay so there we are thats the aim ( note there are no shards in yet )

I am an open book ( like i said i dont TW or PvP ) i just have fun with friends.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i have checked everything on pwcalc but i just dont know how to link it...

Right above the helm space on pwcalc is a "Save" button in yellow letters. Hit that and it'll create a new page with the changes you've made.

Copy the url (the http://pwcalc.com/sadfsdfsdfsdfsdf).

Make a post here or edit a previous one. See the button with the plant and the chain link right below the smileys? Click that and a popup will appear asking for the site you want linked. Erase the "http://" and paste your saved pwcalc link in there. If you wish to give it text link you can type a description like this between the [URL=...} and the [/URL}.

i dont TW or PVP I like the nirvana set cuz of G15 and the 5 attack lvl's and 10 defence lvl's

If you are pve-only then you won't need as much defence levels as most characters or hp and will find yourself overgeared once you get better refines and hp. You'll have more hp and defense then you need but less damage than you'll want. That's why people are suggesting setting your sights more on 5 aps and more damage if you aren't planning on pvping.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's true ^

Didn't think to say that but PvE doesn't require such great defences. I'd really recommend something like this (you probably don't even need the 50% acc ring, but it does help a little). Since you want to PvE this will be your best bet. Eventually when you get end game claws, you can get the tome. But do whatever you want as long as you enjoy it.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Considering the built you've thinking of, was a mumble worth for me.

However, if you do think TT nirvana are good then its not, BM's WILL always need high phys/mag defenses by any means. We will never have 35k hp buffed or whatnot.

Which means, we either have to kill really fast or survive well.

But as a BM myself i can say BM's are only "Moderate" in DD and survivability so i personally stick to the DD option, since we can achieve 5 aps with moderate DD output.

Nirvana gears do give +10 def lvl, but its sure not worth it because only 2 parts already give 5 atk lvl wich is more worth so you can concentrate on the rest of the gear.

I have put a built for you wich wouldn't cost you that much of coins.

http://pwcalc.com/13d7b3577caacd1d

Reasons why i posted lunar gear was because of the higher defenses (they are harder to get aswell)

But it is up to you wich you get either TT or lunar Nirvana G15 two armor parts.

I suggest the helmed with mag defense addon, it also has good stats on it. BM's always lack crit and magic defense wich the helm has.

Also +10 str add is very great for extra damage output.

Yes, i might agree with you that the HP isn't the best of the built i made there.

But you will see a slight difference after higher refines of your gear, since you are probably a demon BM i suggest you putting def shards into your gear and if you got enough of them and got some sockets left, go for vit stones.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hmm i value your input but i have another question..... How is the +4% defence on the linoheart nirvan gear calculated?

I had a hard look to both the TT nirvana and Lunar nirvana gear but im still in two minds..... The Lunar nirvana has higher Phy def but does not have the +4% defences.... I mean with a 5 piece Lionheart nirvana gear u have +16% magic and Phy defences... ( but ill wait for someone to explain how the +4% defences works )

Kind Regards
    _Muffin_
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    hmm i value your input but i have another question..... How is the +4% defence on the linoheart nirvan gear calculated?

I had a hard look to both the TT nirvana and Lunar nirvana gear but im still in two minds..... The Lunar nirvana has higher Phy def but does not have the +4% defences.... I mean with a 5 piece Lionheart nirvana gear u have +16% magic and Phy defences... ( but ill wait for someone to explain how the +4% defences works )

Kind Regards
    _Muffin_

Its really only usefull vs debuffs, my bm has tt 99 vana pants and they have less phys and mag def than unrecasted tt 99 while lunar has ungodly phys and mag def
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.