To those that have quit but still come here, I have a question...

Options
2»

Comments

• Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    These do not exist.

Trust me, I've searched for some and pretty much all of them have either an abhorrently inflated exp rate, or some other quality that makes them undesirable.

PWCN/PWE management should have learned something from these P servers. They are mostly deserted after all what is there to do when you can get to end game just like that.

About the only nice thing I can think about them is that the Arenas actually work and the flying mounts are +20.

---

There is a huge a mount of low and mid level content in this game. Even FB19 is fun if you are squading with similar level characters.

Even TW was not dominated by 100+ at one time.

Here is one Old TW Youtube vid level 90s O.o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUie7g7TCCU

There are others but this has nice 720p quality.

(this is not my vid nor am I associated with the chars/faction.)

So I'm saying they need to revive interest in the old content again.
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    voted #1

i have not "quit", i take breaks...rotating several of my favorite games.
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    too late to start over

there is nothing that is appealing for pple who will start over (meaning they have already played quite alot) Youve already seen the fashion, the quests, the armour, the bosses, and dungeons. Being with friends can only take u so far too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Quit, but would do hardcore pre-TB server.

Fish farming with scrolls gave alot of xp per hour, when you had a full party of ranged killers. Usually around 7%+. And doing a Rebirths every so often would make leveling still pretty easy, without being stupid-friendly easy.

Plus it would most likely remove alot of the negative connotation from being 5 APS. Alot of the hate seems to come from the fact that people are just copying what others are doing, and essentially being given the gear through packs. Having to farm those items would make it seem more of an elite gear accomplishment, as opposed to merchanting/credit card accomplishment.

And really, the shortfall of not having packs could be made up in other ways. Opening up arena or some other extra activity, but make it require gold. Prizes could be the hp/mp food people enjoy and bragging right. Lvl 51-60 of cube would actually matter again. Charm burn from Zhenning and TWs.

The main thing would be, once the server is up it doesn't require much effort. There won't be new patches, bugs from patches, or other difficulties popping up. It would just be a relatively steady income from a server that requires at most minimal cost to maintain.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ah, thanks for your thread.. I was hoping for such a subject to delve on for a bit.

Well, I joined two years ago and many things happened, good and bad alike. I have got a crazy number of characters (12 on two accounts, all active, not so high levels on people's standards) and I am still pondering on how the game went (please do check my entry in the 'A genuine new player sighting!' thread. I don't feel like writing the same thing twice or copy-paste).

I certainly would have loved if the game never went through features like hyper stones, BH, genies or r9... I would not mind the new classes either way, even if I do believe in the 'shashins are overpowered' theory.
    That and once again the silly inflation concerning the gold/coins ratio (even if I don't care, since I never bought gold).

I certainly would have hesitated to join if I were a newcomer and knew about all of the pros and cons of the game... PWI is not newbie-friendly anymore, if you don't count the new silly ways to level up (seriously, General Summer trying to steal 100k from you if you stored, sold or lost/dropped your ticket... what the heck?).

Etc., etc...

and so, even if an 'old school PWI' server ever were to be launched, I have gone through too much (even if it's about nothing for others) to reboot.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Quit, but would do hardcore pre-TB server.

Fish farming with scrolls gave alot of xp per hour, when you had a full party of ranged killers. Usually around 7%+. And doing a Rebirths every so often would make leveling still pretty easy, without being stupid-friendly easy.
    he said no boutique
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    he said no boutique

...directly follow by "(or at least no hpyers"

Kinda assuming that this wasn't just an excercise in fantasy, and that the thread was aimed at actually making a serious suggestion. Which means that they would need to get money somehow, which leads to at least the early version of the boutique existing.

No boutique period would mean no money to be made, so no reason to add cost with absolutely no return.

If we're taking the route through la-la land however, let's go pre-TB, no boutique in any shape, and all bunnies must wear pancakes on their heads.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Kinda assuming that this wasn't just an excercise in fantasy, and that the thread was aimed at actually making a serious suggestion. Which means that they would need to get money somehow, which leads to at least the early version of the boutique existing.

No boutique period would mean no money to be made, so no reason to add cost with absolutely no return.

If we're taking the route through la-la land however, let's go pre-TB, no boutique in any shape, and all bunnies must wear pancakes on their heads.

True enough. Boutique is a crucial aspect for a F2P MMO, be it in terms of incentives for players and for the company to function properly. That said, what's put in there (be it about the nature of the items and their frequency of appearance) is quite debatable at times.

As for the 'pancake on bunny heads', I am picturing those darned Huggy Hares (I could tell you how much I hate those jerks of a mob) wearing a pancake helm... That'd be pretty fashionable. b:laugh
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I would play it. I don't mind starting from scratch just if it was pre-tideborn had no hypers, packs, or any of that other BS that came out lately. The Boutique would be fine since it had things that were completely useful such as charms, bank expansions, inventory expansions, hell even reset notes. So leave the original boutique up and then we have a game to play. All I say is raise the exp rate to 5x just cause it's an easy multiply number.

Side not: I still play and I enjoy helping my friends currently factionless so have nobody to help in that department. But I enjoy the farming. I find anyway to keep the old ways alive. I don't just load up my card for a game I like to earn what I get.
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
    edited September 2011
    Options

F2P is too pampered >.>

there no boutiques in P2P too and they do just fine
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    F2P is too pampered >.>

there no boutiques in P2P too and they do just fine

I really hope that isn't bringing in even a hint of the idea anyone would pay subscription for an old version of the game that would not see updates. And would likely need to be revamped to work with a different system of income for the company. Because again, that would be insane. Wishing it had been pay to play in the first place doesn't make a time machine for it to change to that now. We are talking about realistic things that could happen to this specific game, in this reality, that might make it work.

No one would be willing to pay subscription for an older version of this game that would be static since future updates would be based off a version we wouldn't be playing. It just wouldn't be worth it. And the company wouldn't pay to shift the balance to work on a P2P system, since that would be doing something.

P2P is ok, though usually I get 3-6 months and only play a month or two before it gets too repetitive or dull. Did that with 2 different ones after quitting PW. Mostly killing time until a couple upcoming ones come out.

But bringing up pointless counter-arguements that don't pay attention to the thread, or even the way the game we are talking about is currently balanced, or the laziness of the chinese Devs in dealing with any issues we have over here; well, it adds to post count I guess. Doesn't add anything else, but we can work with baby steps.

edited September 2011
    Options
    But bringing up pointless counter-arguements that don't pay attention to the thread, or even the way the game we are talking about is currently balanced, or the laziness of the chinese Devs in dealing with any issues we have over here; well, it adds to post count I guess. Doesn't add anything else, but we can work with baby steps.
    Chill >.>;;; my post was just a simple statement and nothing more
    your like jumping all over with sarcasm and belittlement like i offended your very existence...what did u have a bad day or something?
  • PsychoIogy - Sanctuary
    PsychoIogy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Chill >.>;;; my post was just a simple statement and nothing more
    your like jumping all over with sarcasm and belittlement like i offended your very existence...what did u have a bad day or something?

Now a days when it comes to PWI related things / sales / reading on these forums, everyone has a bad day b:shocked.
    Played PWI - November 2008 - December 2009.

Retired. b:bye
  • aryannamage
    aryannamage Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hmm...

*sneaks glances at her contacts in msn*

I still don't feel guilty for this so yes, I would play on an old play servers without the new CS items.

Oh forgot to add I haven't touched PWI in over a year can't remember exact date now xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Final_DeathZ - Lost City
    Final_DeathZ - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you mean as in no CS NO APS NO HYPERS NO FROST NO BHS JUST GRINDING ONLY **** YEAH I WOULD START OVER IN A HEART BEAT CUZ WHEN I STARTED THIS GAME BACK IN 2008 MYSELF BUT LATELY ITS GOTTA STUPID!!! with ppl now instead of Grinding and Farming and ACTUALLY EARNING wat you get and wear everyone is now CS Hard or Frosting like hell, and to me makes the make BS, so yes if they were to open up a sever and make it like it the game use to be were you had to party up for quest. for pvp EVERYONE had a chance cuz the only classes were Barbs, venos, wizs, archers, BladeMasters, and so on. yes Grinding took **** forever but look back at the Friends you were able to make the ppl you were able to Trust becuz of the Fact that NO-CS NO APS NO HYPERS NO FROST NO BHS meant everyone had a Fair game chance to show wat they were made of so yes i belive pwi needs to get on the ball and make this Sever for thos of us who miss the old ways of how PWI use to ROLL i for one AGREE 100% THAT PRE=TB SHOULD BE MADE THANKS
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    We are so close to quitting. Despite the voiced PR that they intend to fix the SP fiasco, I have a feeling they are not going to change but are committed to this go fish or GTFO direction, so I would switch in a heartbeat to a pre-fish, no packs server.

Old School all the way!!!

I would most definitely pay a subscription to. I have spent way more on Zen than I ever would have with a subscription and that my friend is the problem.
    Just some guy
  • Hitohe - Raging Tide
    Hitohe - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hell, I've quit due to lack of end game content and all the smaller and larger ****-ups of the last months/years a while back.

On the other hand, I still like to play Perfect World. My solution: Google for those (servers) who shall not be named on the forums b:pleased

There are a bunch of great ones out there, and with a bit of research you can find what you preferr (pre-TB, TB, etc...). You get more support and content while paying nothing and still staying competitive.

So b:bye PWI
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If want to quit... uninstall already... b:irritated
    But don't leave the forum please. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bring back CC and delete Rank 9, then it's all good. b:dirty

I'm personally R9 myself, but feel as though melee R9 only count as half a R9 compared to caster/archer R9.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the replies... was just having a nostaligic moment and was genuinely curious as to what everyone else would do. I tried making enough options, but there are too many specifics to make a sensible poll, so that's the best I could come up with.

Of course, hardcore could mean, no packs, tokens or direct gear obtaining methods from boutique, as early cash shop wasn't really an issue. So, my meaning was something more to the extent of more old-fashioned than current. Most of you understood. xP

No, I wouldn't still play
    As great/tempting as that sounds, quitting the game for as long as I have makes me realize how silly spending all that time on a game was. I have found things that are a lot more important to me and no easymode=more time investment that alas I do not have.

I am glad I quit over a year ago before the rep sales and the orb sales. b:shocked I can only imagine the rage

ps hi michael :)<3

Allie <333 Hi. I miss your tingly heals, and you b:kiss

@moog lol I agree, but I could come back to play every now and then on an old server with friends. This new version of PW isn't even worth logging into.

And thanks for killing me dozens of times. So many fun times being a noob and having a bunch of RPKer's make your day more interesting. LC started the downward spiral some time after ShortBus gave up, or whatever happened. I'll always remember those days. b:victory
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

I have quit, but if there were a pre-tideborn 'hardcore' mode server, I would play again.

ppl that quit the game purely because of tideborn update are idiots. plane and simple.

a MMO that has no content updates to expand and improve upon the game to make it LESS BORING is a **** tastic MMO and it will go no where fast.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ppl that quit the game purely because of tideborn update are idiots. plane and simple.

a MMO that has no content updates to expand and improve upon the game to make it LESS BORING is a **** tastic MMO and it will go no where fast.

I dont think he quit just because of the tideborn update, more like because pwe **** up everything possible on the game.

And since when has PWI had a content update. All that has been added to this game is four classes, two new areas that are pretty pointless once you level to 20, BHs, PQ which is pointless because of hyper frost, nirvana and warsong dungeon which are recycled and nothing new, genie which barely have received any new skills. OP rank 9 gears, The selling of rank in cash shop and end game gear through packs. I guess you consider constant sales and fash content?

Aside from BH, Frost, Nirvana, and TW on weekend this game has no content.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

You must be new.

There have been no content updates since BEFORE Tideborn, well, unless you consider new starting areas with lvl 1-19 quests (without new world bosses, mini world bosses, new instances, etc...).

The last real content update was Lost Empire. That was in the beginning of 2009. Age of Spirits wasn't completely lacking content, but do you really consider genies content? It really wasn't.

Sure, there are a few new tidbits here and there, but actual new content hasn't been introduced in a long time.

In fact, content has also been removed. Frost nerfed. TT nerfed. Lunar nerfed.

I guess some people can't play a game without easy mode. But, this is an MMO. There should be no easy mode.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    yes yes yes i would play pre tideborn but with a boutique that only sells the basics, like mounts, fash, flyers, mats, and maybe the rest could be bound like packs, hammers ect.

i loved working and questing to get my rep, and gear quests.

plus with the 2 new expansions i lvl to fast and i like to manufacture but once you hit higher lvls its to hard to obtain mats on lower lvl mobs and people sell those mats to high and not everyone has money.

but other than that i play raging tide and Harshlands servers so server to server chars wouldnt affect me and id get to play pre TB and post EG.

vote yes on atleast 1 pre TB server.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • l337br4h
    l337br4h Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I posted this on the wrong page before;

Personally, I think this would be a great idea; removing the boutique, TB & EG.

Buff coin, DQ & any other standard mob drops. Maybe xp, maybe not. Remove account stash, as that would give people insentive to lvl an alt that wil have decent gear available to it upon fresh ding.

Adding A few extra NPC's for tokens, charms, Dolls (Guardian Scrolls), D.Orbs, Miji's (Training Esotorica), Re-stat notes & all that other NON-gamebreaking stuff. So Obviously no hypers, Oracles, Packs (of any kind with a random chanced reward).
    But that being said, make it a P2P server, maybe $20 a week (F2P players mightn't like this, but it would be more balanced then F2P servers by far). Keep Jones/O'Mally's Blessing available, maybe add a Blessing for +30 def/lvl for balance.

Oh and remove safety lock & gear shatter, If someone wishes to PvP, they should do so with Dolls, or risk dropping their gear/items. Anyone that has negative feedback should comment & quote where I may have missed something, unless you're going to say it's a waste of time then don't bother.
  • BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary
    BaseTheAcE - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    GoGo we need more voters on the pool