[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Comments

• Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    cl0wnd2 wrote: »
    the fact that people are violating the TOS by quest blocking, draggin monsters intot he insta port spot and getting killed insta-gib style that plus the GMs being in Enrage and getting inside info and all the other **** that you people are doing has cause alot of people to lose faith in your game i am quitting as well alot of other people not to mention scaring off all your new player.

okay bye. :)
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And I'll tell u to stop reading between the lines and read what he said and just that. God... talk about dense.

Yeah, just give up on her, Chadric. She's a troll and a waste of your energy. She has either no intention or no capability of understanding another point of view. Best we just ignore her from now on.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah, just give up on her, Chadric. She's a troll and a waste of your energy. She has either no intention or no capability of understanding another point of view. Best we just ignore her from now on.

Obviously not a waste of your time babe, if you found it necessary to target me now. b:cute

And I do have intentions and capabilities to learn, I'm simply stubborn. It's a test of your morality and strength, to see if you can save my sinning soul and aid me in attaining your level of enlightenment b:flower
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The QQ bus has gained momentum. Soon, it will hit warp 10, and the universe will explode! QQ
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited September 2011
    I say everyone should just ignore Blood_Rain. She thinks that everyone is attacking her. Which is not the case. She is throwing a tantrum because everyone is misunderstanding her, I guess. Blood, if someone called you CSer or a noob killer, so? Say your not and move on. Who cares what they think?
    You responded to one of my posts with "You don't think we've been trying for years?" something like that, when I said maybe they will open a place for pkers in PvE. Then why are you sticking around on this thread for? I'm sorry, but the only way I see it is that your throwing some kinda tantrum.

I don't get why your here...? Pking in SP is not ok. Like everyone has been trying to tell you. SP in Heavens Tear was terrible. No one should have to go through what the top guilds were doing. Harassing people and chasing them when they were trying to kill Silver Frost. There is no reasoning or logic for that. Again, I'm not saying it was you because obviously you aren't on my server.

Although, the faction wars where fun to watch. But watching the low levels trying to struggle to get through was not.

lol, took it personal didn't you?
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is the kind of thing that should come in an unscheduled emergency maintenance. More than that it's the kind of thing that should never have happened in the first place. Common sense would have prevented this, sadly it didn't quite work out that way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.
    3-4 weeks! Ok, code takes time to do without massive bugs. But it is clear that management has given the directive to FIX GRIEFING PvE players.

So why is it that PWI/PWE cannot make PK Griefing bannable NOW?

It only took one night of PWCN management freaking out about the stock price TANKING for them to make an about face to try and extend the life of the game. In the 4 next weeks we are going to lose even more new and existing players.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.
    this is one of those changes that should be pushed for, not waited for 'x-number-of-weeks here', it makes it hard to help new people, and it hinders questing.

just how long will we be waiting? (granted I haven't been in SP yet since that change, it's pointless for me to go there if I'm only going to be PKed constantly)

"other cool content" that no doubt will be half-broken or unimplimented in our version for months afterward (R9 EG anyone..?)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The QQ bus has gained momentum. Soon, it will hit warp 10, and the universe will explode! QQ

*snorts* Oh boy xD
    So damn true.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol, took it personal didn't you?

Dunno about her but YOU should. Comments were personal. Stop being part of the problem.
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Dunno about her but YOU should. Comments were personal. Stop being part of the problem.

Oh,I should take it personally? You really think you are that great of a threat for me to take this personally? o.O
  • PreDevil - Sanctuary
    PreDevil - Sanctuary Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aaw QQ i love pkin in SP b:cry
    PreDevil Endeavour lvl 101 Demon, Australian BladeMaster b:victory
  • Autumn_Hope - Dreamweaver
    Autumn_Hope - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    China's SP has been PK since July. The devs would not have changed it back but for the uproar of our community.

Thank you frankie for this information. b:thanks

Now to just try to wrap our brains around something that goes totally beyond what we have ingrained there for the last 3 years is going to be quite a task but not impossible. *giggles* seriously..it is nice to know they listen to the majority sometimes.
  • YingXiaolong - Raging Tide
    YingXiaolong - Raging Tide Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, that's good news. Now I can get back to helping lowbies doing Qingzi without having to be pk'd while getting to the Hall of Deception.

Thank you for listening to the community.
  • ShemsuHorBR - Heavens Tear
    ShemsuHorBR - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good ^^
    [SIGPIC]Love and peace.[/SIGPIC]
  • pucky
    pucky Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Due to the fact that the reverting is done in China too and arrives to us later, I'm
    wondering if it was really our feedback that made this wonder
    happen. As far as I know the devs never cared a dime about the wishes and the
    feedback from players outside the land of the suppressed people.

pucky
  • lissajane
    lissajane Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Who cares HOW its gone, fact is its gone and hopefully PKing will never darken the doors of PVE servers ever again!! b:victory
  • krixtian
    krixtian Posts: 2
    edited September 2011
    u all puss.ys go to pve server...b:tired
    edited September 2011
    lissajane wrote: »
    Who cares HOW its gone, fact is its gone and hopefully PKing will never darken the doors of PVE servers ever again!! b:victory

It's not gone yet, at this point it is only planned to be reverted but has not been yet.
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited September 2011
    if the dev's are listening frankie how about rather than totally scrap what is a good idea in theory , get them to move it to cave of sadistic glee instead
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No! Move it to a practice TW instance.

Lots more fun and Veno brambles work. Archers and Venos may have their uses again.
  • Laphroaig - Raging Tide
    Laphroaig - Raging Tide Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think this is good news for the majority that choose a PvE server. Granted I have nothing against pking and think its a viable option even on a PvE server, as long as it does not affect those that don't want to be involved in PvP which SP did. Kudos to the devs that will make the change so people not interested in PvP can enjoy the game to the fullest. Thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" - Peter Clemenza

Level 101 kinky Demon BM and exquisite scotch sipper
    edited September 2011
    if the dev's are listening frankie how about rather than totally scrap what is a good idea in theory , get them to move it to cave of sadistic glee instead

That would be about the same situation. People have quests in there too, and level 80s stand about as much a chance against R9ers as level 30s.

They should just open the arena...as it has been asked of them for years b:tired
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    uhh.. sorry if this has been answered but i didn't see it if it was:

when will it be reverted? and is it gonna be 'no pk is possible'??

or, pk is possible but you maybe (probably won't ever) get banned for doing it??

okay, 'soon' i guess.. about a month maybe-ish for first question.. but no answers on this part:

and is it gonna be 'no pk is possible'?? or, pk is possible but you maybe (probably won't ever) get banned for doing it??

any answers on that one?? anyone?? b:surrender
  • Kyzarin - Raging Tide
    Kyzarin - Raging Tide Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For now, you should just revert the game to a couple of patches ago, before it was possible to PK blue names in there. I personally don't care whether you allow PK of white (and red) named players.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    okay, 'soon' i guess.. about a month maybe-ish for first question.. but no answers on this part:

and is it gonna be 'no pk is possible'?? or, pk is possible but you maybe (probably won't ever) get banned for doing it??

any answers on that one?? anyone?? b:surrender

They are reverting it back to before they ever made it a pk instance, so you wont be able to smack blue names anymore. As far as if the rule itself actually reverts back as well for people who are in pk mode, no idea. I would assume that when it changes back then the rule of no PKing in SP comes back as well.

I'm just happy I can take my low level alts back in there again for killing eido and the ghoul mobs (forget what their exact name is) for that pendant quest. Was bugging the **** out of me that I couldn't step foot in there with my low alts.

They should just open the arena...as it has been asked of them for years b:tired

I'd really like them to do this too, but since it's been years and this still has never been fixed, i think it's just one of those things they will never change. They will just keep putting out new stuff we don't want to distract you from old glitches that they refuse to fix.
  • Zuqria - Dreamweaver
    Zuqria - Dreamweaver Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This sort of almost made me happy..........

But waiting with the celebrations untill its really back to the way it was.
  • whitesynn
    whitesynn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Is there a specific date and time when this re-conversion will take place because as far I am aware there's been 2-3 updates since this post came out and it's still the same way on the Raging Tide. I hope the statement isssued by you wasn't just an attempt to throw the dog a bone and hopes the issue sweeps under the carpet. Remember there are lots of non pk loving cash shoppers like myself who play on your PVE severs.

I've had the pleasure of some your best pk loving cash shoppers asking me to pay survival fee whenever I enter into the passage. Did you devs really think about the pros and cons of this decision and the efftect it has on the entire PWI population?

thank you
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rofl like u guys change it cuz of the forum feedback...
    China decided to revert, u guys have to follow.
    In the players feedback it was also stated that another pvp instance would be nice guess we will see that soon too?
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Rofl like u guys change it cuz of the forum feedback...
    China decided to revert, u guys have to follow.
    In the players feedback it was also stated that another pvp instance would be nice guess we will see that soon too?

Hahaha yeah it wasnt the player feed back here in forums... it was the letters written to investor relations and China pointing out the company is now supporting harassment that changed their minds. Guess if too many children werent abusing SP it might have stayed.