How much Money Have you Wasted On Pwi

124»

Comments

• Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't remember. Stopped buying gold a VERY long time ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayatheia - Heavens Tear
    Mayatheia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    0$ spent, but about 8 hours/ day for almost 3 years b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When people walk away from you, let them go... your destiny is never tied to anyone who leaves you.. and it doesn't mean they are bad people.. It just means that their part in your story is over...
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A grand total of $20.

For the hammer. I wanted to see what the supply stash offered it at least once. Then, for Super Inventory and Bank stones when they're on sale. Sold the remaining gold and used the coins as base for merchanting.

Once the trades are going, I don't have to charge anymore. I enjoy trading anyway. Not exactly geared with the best items but I can live with that. Having fun is what's important to me and I am not compelled to compete in PVP.

Come to think of it, I spent more on the cashshop in GWs than here even though the stuff I bought do not give me power in game lol. GW-2 is coming out soon!

PS: Why is G.W.2 (minus the periods) censored? o.O
  • imperialangel
    imperialangel Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Kittsuko = epic merchant \o/ HUGGGGSSSS
  • Akolade - Dreamweaver
    Akolade - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have never spent any money on here(I have no money TO spend >.>)...but I have spent between 1-4 hours a day on this game lately.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've spent about $120 over the past three years, but most of that was in the beginning. I bought the $30 wings and upgraded, paid for inventory/bank space, etc. Most of it was spent before I knew any better.
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    3,6-4,2k. not 100% sure...
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Around 3,5k - 4k usd i guess and about 2k from that the last 10 days allone. Its genius to spend 2k to collect 1* orbs in order to +12 your gear and see that 12* for 50 gold :D

On the other side that monney spend total on 2 years pwi arn't 2 full months worth of working. I can certainly live with that.
    I hate Room 38
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    Bearish - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    0$ spent, but about 8 hours/ day for almost 3 years b:chuckle

u can work at an average mcdonalds for say $8/hr. 8x8=$64 a day. assume u work about 250 days a year. 64x250 = $16000. take off tax, assume ur single so 25%. 16000x.75 = $12000/year. 3 years = 12000x3= $36000 grand total. ok work is "boring" and farming is "fun" so i'll give u benefit of the doubt and cut that # in half (so u spend some of ur work $ for entertainment). 36000/2 = $18000 u spend on pwi :D
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so funny... leaving ur computer on to merchant 24/7 to increase ur electric bill by 25-50 dollars a month b:laugh
    that would be a cheap choice if a cash shopper was switching from boutique to merchanting

been there done that and was the best choice i made ;O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    u can work at an average mcdonalds for say $8/hr. 8x8=$64 a day. assume u work about 250 days a year. 64x250 = $16000. take off tax, assume ur single so 25%. 16000x.75 = $12000/year. 3 years = 12000x3= $36000 grand total. ok work is "boring" and farming is "fun" so i'll give u benefit of the doubt and cut that # in half (so u spend some of ur work $ for entertainment). 36000/2 = $18000 u spend on pwi :D

Bearish, I still don't get your point.

For sure working to get more money to spend on the game is wise enough, but it makes you have less opportunities to play PWI, which is supposed to be an addiction.
    This works if you are much into the delayed rewards theory, but remember it's a MMO, you then would want to remain in the virtual world 24/7, even if it's not humanly possible (yes, some died trying).

So I must say your point can be valid if you are not so much into the game and aim for little rewards. Besides, you'd be so drained at the end of the day that playing PWI regularly would prove difficult after a while.

Either you work a lot and still play all the time and destroy yourself little by little, or take a long break from the game to amass money and spend most/all on the game to satisfy your ultimate dreams?

If you tell me you can really follow either path without difficulty, you are a big liar.

By the way, once you begin to see how much you can save on something (those are pretty huge numbers you gave here), you then would have to go for a very shabby way of life (frequent the dollar store all the time, eat generic brand food and be a complete scrooge to spend it all like if you won the lottery... Is that fine to you?)
    by the way, how are your fees paid? Bills, rent... I think you are forgetting about these!

and if you were trolling all that time, please try harder.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Why is it always McDonalds? Seriously, we all know Burger King recruits more gamers..sigh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Why is it always McDonalds? Seriously, we all know Burger King recruits more gamers..sigh

LOL, nice one there.
    Have it your way, gamer...
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWE made $86.690, just from the people that posted in this thread (including ~800 of my own over 3 years).

GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • //oneo - Harshlands18
    //oneo - Harshlands18 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWE made $86.690, just from the people that posted in this thread (including ~800 of my own over 3 years).

GG.

+$1,500 from me. Terrible invstments are terrible.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think about $200-300 in over 2 years.

To me it was money well spent. Lets say it was $300 and I play 15-20hrs a week - thats a hell of a lot of entertainment for $300.

Ive bought 2 sets of good wings, some inventory stones, and my herc which was $80 during one of the half price sales. The herc was the last thing I bought because I use it to make the cash I need - so far this 2 x I've been taking things slow and still made about 15mill just in fairy boxes let alone the pile of tt mats Ive stored up.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    By the way, once you begin to see how much you can save on something (those are pretty huge numbers you gave here), you then would have to go for a very shabby way of life (frequent the dollar store all the time, eat generic brand food and be a complete scrooge to spend it all like if you won the lottery... Is that fine to you?)
    by the way, how are your fees paid? Bills, rent... I think you are forgetting about these!

and how exactly do u pay your fees, rent, bills by playing pwi 8 hours a day? sense it makes none
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    and how exactly do u pay your fees, rent, bills by playing pwi 8 hours a day? sense it makes none

I expected a killer reply from you. I am quite disappointed.

First of all, if you play 8 hours of PWI per day (especially now, given the state of the game, are you kidding me?!), you are quite the game addict and your body and mind will be much altered after a while if you don't do any proper maintenance. Three to four hours a day is already quite a bit.

So you tell me 8 hours of gaming, that makes 16 hours left, half of which I guess goes to sleeping (unless you are a fair zombie). If you work the remaining 8, your schedule is really saturated. Can you really live like that? If it's less, you play more than work.

I will say it again and you seem to agree with me that you have priorities to fill before being able to play PWI. It's all about time and money consumption. PWI should be a hobby, not 'serious business'
    Wait wait, you think of PWI when you work? b:surrender

There is another possibility to that though. If you are a student living with parents or someone living with someone rich, then yes, you can pretend playing a lot and spend much at the same time. And then there is the absolute worst, a geek that stole some credit card.

Send me a good response next time, or I will conclude your point is moot.
  • NonameWiz - Sanctuary
    NonameWiz - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Too much to remember.
    Rank 8 Wizard: 1% farm b:shutup
  • Charly - Heavens Tear
    Charly - Heavens Tear Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmm, apparently I've spent $1300 on this account. That both surprises me and doesn't surprise me.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I spend about 80-100 euros. not much, just for inv. stone, flyer etc. I dont want to spend x000 on a game like this.
  • Bearish - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    I expected a killer reply from you. I am quite disappointed.

First of all, if you play 8 hours of PWI per day (especially now, given the state of the game, are you kidding me?!), you are quite the game addict and your body and mind will be much altered after a while if you don't do any proper maintenance. Three to four hours a day is already quite a bit.

So you tell me 8 hours of gaming, that makes 16 hours left, half of which I guess goes to sleeping (unless you are a fair zombie). If you work the remaining 8, your schedule is really saturated. Can you really live like that? If it's less, you play more than work.

I will say it again and you seem to agree with me that you have priorities to fill before being able to play PWI. It's all about time and money consumption. PWI should be a hobby, not 'serious business'
    Wait wait, you think of PWI when you work? b:surrender

There is another possibility to that though. If you are a student living with parents or someone living with someone rich, then yes, you can pretend playing a lot and spend much at the same time. And then there is the absolute worst, a geek that stole some credit card.

Send me a good response next time, or I will conclude your point is moot.

yea go back and read my post and see who i quoted first (post #100)... nm ur prob too lazy to, so i quote for u

some random person:

"i spend $0 on this game in 3 years, but i play 8 hours a day"

my post was direct reply to her post, and somehow u just jump in, so not sure if kidding or?
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So imagine several hundred people who spend $25K or more for digital paper dolls and it is no wonder why PW does not care about fixing bugs, delivering content etc.

The money maker for PW is all the pretty epeen cash shop stuff. The other 'content' i.e. the quests, the instances, is just window dressing.

If I was king of the world, I would require every MMO to make it so right clicking on any player will display 1- the total hours played for that character, and 2 - the total zen and CS purchases.

Now that would be interesting. b:laugh

We spent close to $60 establishing our first character, mount, flyer, inventory exp, one fashion outfit, and a few decent but non rank bits of armor, and lastly a decent weapon.

Of course we are now stuck in the mid 80's level, where it seems it is impossible to advance because all the players who do not quite a this level go to FC and pay to proceed. There are no players left in this range to team with for things like BH and FBs.

So I am biding my time waiting for *** to go gold. I am looking forward to playing a game in the sweet spot, when everyone is starting from level 1 and there is no established elite of end-gamers who expect the company to cater to them and ignore new players.

Or as suggested elsewhere, I would gladly pay $15 a month for a pre fish, no cash shop PW.

We don't pvp and have not intention of spending any more cash. It seems to be adhering to the law of diminishing returns. If I was going to spend $25k I would spend it on a real life chopper.
    Just some guy
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So imagine several thousand people who multi 2 or more cat shop at once, camp auction house, and spend 8 hour or more for digital paper dolls and it is no wonder why PW does not care about fixing bugs, delivering content etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    yea go back and read my post and see who i quoted first (post #100)... nm ur prob too lazy to, so i quote for u

some random person:

"i spend $0 on this game in 3 years, but i play 8 hours a day"

my post was direct reply to her post, and somehow u just jump in, so not sure if kidding or?

Well, the thing is that you already had talked at least once about some idea that it was good to go for a job to finance PWI (your own post, number 23) and then I already felt you liked to troll (another of your post, number 13). That is why I responded like that. I have to admit I did not bother looking at the total number of posts.

As for the 8 hour thing, I see now that it's not about you.
    Well, she is addicted to the game that much and brags about it, I really think she won't want to go work and 'break the streak'. Insisting on that is no good, trust me, she will not listen to you...
    It's all about choices.
  • Peenice - Dreamweaver
    Peenice - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Over $3000 in Dreamweaver server and moved to Raging Tide prolly over 6k because of r9 and stuff yaya b:kiss