[Announcement] Mysterious Chips & Wraith Officer's Badge being removed from DQ Shop

Comments

• Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Tokens, BH100, grim gamble event, quiz event, cube...

And o.o Someone was even wasting their DQ points on this overpriced stuff there? b:surrender It's cheaper to buy this stuff ingame ._.
    I'm level 90, not 100. quiz event I didn't even see going on (not on every day) grim gamble, well... that's doable, but it's rare. cube req cash and charms, I have neither.

while it may be cheaper ingame, I used it as a means of getting dice tickets and other things I was in need of
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [...] cube req cash and charms, I have neither.
    [...] I used it as a means of getting dice tickets[...]

Kinda contradicting yourself o.o

I still think there's enough ways to get chips ingame b:surrender
    Hell, I got so many I make mats or something for friends as long as they give me the money fee. lol
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Kinda contradicting yourself o.o

I still think there's enough ways to get chips ingame b:surrender
    Hell, I got so many I make mats or something for friends as long as they give me the money fee. lol
    I tend to make tickets out of chips, and last time I burned about 50 crab meat on cube, and that was a good day, before that I burned 40 and was in room 1 (not #1, but first throw)..

my char> http://www.casimages.com/img.php?i=110916111316138543.jpg
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • atonity
    atonity Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    why is it that it's getting even harder to play without cash?
    Cash? no. Just less free stuff. Beginnig of RuOff PW client?
    I don`t care about chips, but rep was a good stuff. Free stuff.
    For venos this isn`t a big problem- to buy more rep from cats for example,
    but what the point of DQ shop? When the sistem of dq points was started, we`ve heard a promises that assortimet will be extended.
    And? medals were quietly removed. Now rep and chips, not quietly, but removed.
    And what will be instead? usless fashion, decor pet, mount?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We'll see if we can get them back in at some point in the future, but for now I'm afraid they'll have to be removed.

Thanks for warning us in advance this time.
    The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.
    Another useless mount or pet?

Comon, just scrap the whole DQ points system and put back the sell value of DQ items as it was before.

You removed practically everything that had some usefulness from the list of items now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

If this will be something like ☆Ring of the Naga from achievements rewards or TT 80 armor, I can't see anything interesting in it.

But we will see.

I am ready to DQ shop change:
    Dragon Points Accumulated: 217034
    Dragon Points Spent: 216500
    Dragon Points Remaining: 534
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I actually like this, A LOT. To me rep should have never been in boutique. Reputation in game, should have always been something that wa smeant to be "earned" by good deeds. Helping on fb's, gathering darkness stamps, trading in warsong emblems and such. (Read : Not purchasable, by money earned in real life either)

I am excited on this "new content involving gear", and wish to have more news on that soon.

Actually it looks like they are only removing 1 way to get them in game without real money. They said nothing about the mass sales in the boutique.

I miss the days when the high lvl players helped the lower lvl people rather than harass them as well. I remember when all the top guilds used to have chat rooms to help people with their FBs..... Now the high lvl people all have gear purchased with real life money
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    After browsing through most of this thread, I'm not surprised by this announcement. I imagine one day that every little thing in the game will eventually involve the boutique. Want that rank gear? Buy the parts to make it from the cs. Want to talk to a npc? Buy a "NPC Interaction permission slip" from the cs. Hell, maybe we will end up having to pay a small amount of silver just to log in the game itself (automatically deducted from gold balance... if you can't pay, you don't get to play).

-rolls eyes-
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Interesting that you say that. I was speaking with a Chinese player and a Philippines player from the PWIC tournament, and they were telling me that on their servers they aren't even able to turn on hypers inside frost. The Philippines player sent me a screenshot showing that you can't. Wouldn't it be interesting if they made it so you couldn't hyper frost here too? No more Goon Glitch, people would actually have to level outside of instances.. MADNESS b:shockedb:shocked

That would be epic. I sort of hope we see that in the future, although that would probably cause too much ragequitting.

As to this change, like stated by many previously I can't imagine the time it would take to DQ Point your way to rank, so it doesn't even effect 3/4 of the game population. Although taking chips out is a bit sad; they are used for things besides rank. I know people that get chips to make dice tickets, and once on a piece of TT99 gear I was like 30 chips short so I just used points. I would say people used them for these reasons far more than they did for rank, given the cost in points and amount needed for rank.

Just don't take away my random dyes and event gold and I am happy.

Edit: and please don't add another stupid mount or all-class pet. Nobody wants those. Give us something useful like pet food needed for quests (or cages), crab meat/yuanxiao, genie exp cubes... there are many useful things out there we would love to grind for. Maybe you should post a thread asking us what small thing we would like to see - I guarantee it won't be an ugly mount or baby pet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Our developers have asked us to remove the Rank-attaining items from the DQ Shop.

This means that, in 24 hours, the Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badge will no longer be available for purchase with DQ points.

The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear, and they want to eliminate certain methods for obtaining Rank stuff, at least temporarily.

We'll see if we can get them back in at some point in the future, but for now I'm afraid they'll have to be removed. The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.

These items (Mysterious Chips and Wraith Officer's Badges) will be removed at 5pm PDT on 9-16-11.

Those who were planning on buying them should purchase them now, before it is too late.

Thanks all, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

WOW, as if its not already hard enough to get rep in this game.. even with all the badge drops i get in my bh's, i dont have enough rep to get the rank gear for my level, i barely managed the lvl30 stuff.. at lvl50...

so how do we get rep now?? maybe they should change the gear so that by the time you actually get rank2,3,4 etc its more closely matching your level, not 20+ levels off and pretty much useless since its not stashable..
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    chips for a summer's token, bleh.. change the req for it..
  • RosangeIa - Heavens Tear
    RosangeIa - Heavens Tear Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For all those complaining they're "taking away" your ability to get these things without cash shopping... you're never forced to cash shop anything in this game. I've played other MMOs since this one (this being my first) and can tell you not many games have the option to buy gold with in-game currency. If you're that concerned about buying things from cash shop, then save some coin or merchant, and buy the gold through AH or directly from players.

There are plenty of people who set up catshops selling Rep Badges and Mysterious Chip boxes as it is. They may be a bit overpriced compared to the cost of buying gold directly (with coins), but the option is always there.

The only way they could ever stop you from buying cash shop related items would be to take out the option altogether in AH and ban trading CS items, or make CS items untradable. Neither of which they'll ever do, because that would be especially suicide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Here since October 2008 ;)

Check out my Art Corner:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1212861
  • s4nctity
    s4nctity Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They cant stop the general summer's sales or change the way you get the rank 9 gear because that will make so many people quit.

Earthguards didnt get their rank 9 gear yet and so many have been saving to get it.
    A lot of the other classes as well have been getting their rank 9 gear little by little and are saving to get the rest.

Also the new players wont have any chance against the others if they cant get them, and dont tell me they can get them in game because it would take years for a whole guild to farm enough chips in game just for one rank 9 set.

People who talk about getting rank 9 gear by farming chips in game are mostly people who got their full rank 9 sets already from the general summer's sales and dont care if the others end up struggling for years just to get one part of the rank 9 set.

Bring back the general summer's sales b:shutup
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    recracft coming from r8 - gives 2 options to obtain lvl 15 gear BUY it or FARM (nirvana) it... i'm sure wraith badges will prob a be a perma item in boutique in the end.
    re
  • schroeder1
    schroeder1 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm really dissapointed...it's hard already to get any rank with one-man-army or by the things dropped in bhs...
    I have a sin and it's quite annoying to kill 60 mobs...since i can't buy gold and since PWI decided to low the prices of dq items,i use to die a lot trying to finish these quest because i can't afford pots...repairs are also expensive and i need to get stuffs to in order to advance in the game...
    Worst of all i just get 3 rep for 60 mobs each time and it takes me aprox. 1 hour and i'm a sin <.< it should be faster.

If you want to join to a Nirvana squad you have to be 4-5aps...which is really hard to get...and if you want to try delta some people ask you to have rank stuff in order to survive...and bh...pfff...there's no way you can get squads since everyone prefer to FC or to power lvl their charas...at this point it's imposible to avoid spending real money or dq points in rewards...i really like this game but it's turning a pain...i mean it doesn't depend on the way you play the game nor your skills but in the money you spend on it and the faster you get coins...

DQ rewards are a good way to help people to get their stuff but if they're taking everything out...that's just too bad.-
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Could you elaborate any on that? I didn't really follow the PWIC thing so I'm not sure what happened to make China decide to go warden mode.

Well from the whole pwic, China was able to see how much PWE is selling rank to people. I don't think rank is sold on pw cn, because of this there are alot less rank 9 people there. I dont think China was too happy to see all the rank 9s on this game.

Most of the rank 9 people on this game are pretty much pushovers since most of them bought their rank 9 due to rank sales by pwe. If not from cash shop it was from other players since rep became super cheap after the sales. I would love to see the rank 9s in this game achieve such in the way rep was supposed to be earned.

Yeah, most of them probably wouldnt even be rank 8
  • Moroboshi - Raging Tide
    Moroboshi - Raging Tide Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2011

The good news is that the DQ shop will be updated again next month with at least one new item, and it's a good one.

Thanks all, and I'm sorry about this inconvenience.

A bogey-green Horse,for just 300k DP, this time? b:surprised

You mean the methods which need some work, instead of Cash? b:surprised

Maybe its getting time for a new achievement:

"Rich Kid" for getting Rank IX b:avoid

QUOTE=Olbaze - Sanctuary;14719371]And the last time "the devs said", we ended up with Medals being in Boutique only.[/QUOTE]

Nope, its ended with a low-Level Massacre in the Secret Passage
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the warning Frankie, but chips and rep from DQ points are probably the least used item from DQ so not much of a loss. Hope whatever is coming is good though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so how do we get rep now??

Use your..........CREDIT CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Freeloaders GTFO

at least make DQ reward items trade-able
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Olivassin - Heavens Tear
    Olivassin - Heavens Tear Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Frankie, i wanna let you know that i will keep this sentence, just to LOL so hard on your (not yours, but PWEs) lies when you put another reputation sale.

I mean... really? lol...

Oh, and if you want to take off rank stuff, why don't you take badges off from tokens as well?

Now the only good way to get rep will be buying gold, let it be tokens or the next rep sale that i'm sure will come.... such a shame
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I certainly hope the next DQ rewards will be worth it...
    I never spent any points since the feature appeared and I sure never aimed to get that horse. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The damage is already done, and it's not the 1st time they change the rules.

remember the mirage decomposition price raised for farming gold. Then they gave mirage from TW... Just yesterday I made 4 run in 3x HH and got 90 mirage...

Then remember the HH modification before R8 and R9 came in the game.

Also Remember how Useless HH99 has become when NV came.

What about Luna gear, are you one of the player that spend a year farming Lunar to finally find out it's now useless.

Here is the final way to **** this game for good.

Sell Level card in boutique, so player can pay 1k to get from lv 1 to lv 105 in 1 click. Add an other pack for 2k for full rank 9 gear whit 0.05% chance to get 6 +12 stone....

I see no point in playing this game now. High level player have no goal. Low level player get screwed more and more.

Why don't you just make all this stuff free / farmable and charge 15$ a month instead.

Any way it's to late now, people have been angry for a long time and you did nothing. Now the game is all upside down and player are gonna pay for it. All because Dev can't put there pants on.

I mean who gives a dam about other country server. Our server work differently so be it.

It's to late to go back, leave it like it is. Improve on it, and learn form your mistake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *takes the opportunity to suggest adding Old Book Pages to DQ rewards yet again*

*hides*

*plots*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol, maybe the "New Gear" is the EG R9.

Maybe they should just give everyone GM gear who want to pay $3000 to the boutique. That will solve our R9 issue. b:surrender

I did like the chips in the boutique though. I liked getting molds cheap for my alts til they could wear really nice gear.
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Wraith Officer Badges in DQ rewards are nice but what is wrong with just doing quests to get reputation? (other then they take time and some players don't want to spend time earning it when they can just buy it.)
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If this will be something like ☆Ring of the Naga from achievements rewards or TT 80 armor, I can't see anything interesting in it.

But we will see.

I am ready to DQ shop change:

I raise you...
    Dragon Points Accumulated: 884899
    Dragon Points Spent: 783500
    Dragon Points Remaining: 101399
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Wraith Officer Badges in DQ rewards are nice but what is wrong with just doing quests to get reputation? (other then they take time and some players don't want to spend time earning it when they can just buy it.)
    What's wrong make 200000rep by questing? Nothing just it would took years to get it.
    So I would also rather to buy it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What's wrong make 200000rep by questing? Nothing just it would took years to get it.
    So I would also rather to buy it.

So, like I said, there is nothing 'wrong' with it other then that fact that it takes time and that's just not for everyone.
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The devs' reasoning in this matter is that they are working on some new content involving gear.

Gotcha...
    SPOILER ALERT!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.