My Solution to your Disillusion.

ULMOS - Archosaur
ULMOS - Archosaur Posts: 142 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Listen, I know you're still playing this game because you want to escape reality, but there are better escapes.

Listen, I know you're still playing because you wasted alot of money and are too proud to admit that that money is wasted, but stop wasting your time.

Listen, I know you're still playing because you want people to talk to, but you can still talk to them playing a different game or, get this, you can just talk to them.

Listen, I know you're smart, I know you know these things, so stop wasting yourself.

Listen, the devs won't listen. In reality, you'll log onto this site one day and this game will be gone.

What is happening to Perfect World now is what has happened to countless other games. This is a phenomenon, this is natural. They have given you some sort of distraction, you have paid for it, and that's the end of the story. The problem you face is in not accepting that there is nothing more to pay for, and there hasn't been for quite sometime.

You've been kissed, you've been had, it was good, now it's bad.

Listen, I know you don't like breaking up, but listen to yourself, you want better things.

When you can't escape the escape, what can you do but go mad? B-b-but, "this is Perfect World"... "THIS.. IS.. MADNESS!"

Listen, I know you've had fun here, I know you still want to, but accept the end and accept the beginning.

But really, everyone should watch the South Park episode of Make Love Not War.Craft.

To those who this might have actually helped...

To those who are still playing this game... you'll learn sooner or later, and I'm not mad at'ya, I'm not sad at'ya, we're all here to do what we all want to do. Fight for what you want and what makes you happy, but please, above all else, be honest with yourself. Or at least ma'fu*kin' try to be.

Peace.
Post edited by ULMOS - Archosaur on

Comments

• Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:cute Pressa's penny count has increased Pressa's current balance is 0.02
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    b:cute Pressa's penny count has increased Pressa's current balance is 0.02

A lot more sense than most around these here parts.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    A lot more sense than most around these here parts.

b:cute Pressa is counting every time some one implies or says that the game is dying particularly when a new thread is created in which the OP states the game is dying indirectly or not Pressa's Penny count increases.

b:kiss I figure Imma be rich if I save my pennies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Then I've mistaken your sense for cents. But the ultimate form of currency is respect, which at least I, bestow only upon those who are honest with themselves. If Pressa is content with the content of this game, then Pressa deserves the same respect I would give to someone who I hold a door for. If Pressa is merely playing this game because Pressa needs somewhere to refer to herself as Pressa, and speak about herself in the third person even when she's only an avatar, then Pressa needs to start liking her own name and making friends with people who like her name too.

You'da be rich if you saved your life.
  • PsychoIogy - Sanctuary
    PsychoIogy - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Very interesting thread indeed sir haha.

I uninstalled a loooooooooooooong time ago--along with my gf (who ironically I met playing this game b:cute).

You guys keep getting screwed over and over again you'd think you would learn but you keep going and feeding them money.

After seeing the last sale of +11/+12 orbs and a nice cover up, things certainly haven't changed much since we left.

Over and out.
    Played PWI - November 2008 - December 2009.

Retired. b:bye
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    meh i dont put money on the game so i could care less besides when end of nations comes out im going there
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Then I've mistaken your sense for cents. But the ultimate form of currency is respect, which at least I, bestow only upon those who are honest with themselves. If Pressa is content with the content of this game, then Pressa deserves the same respect I would give to someone who I hold a door for. If Pressa is merely playing this game because Pressa needs somewhere to refer to herself as Pressa, and speak about herself in the third person even when she's only an avatar, then Pressa needs to start liking her own name and making friends with people who like her name too.

You'da be rich if you saved your life.

Mmmm someone is disillusioned with life. I play because I enjoy the people, I play because, I enjoy the history I have with the game, Its my first game I have gotten past 40 on, Its the first guild I have not only been an officer in but been in for longer then a couple weeks. Pressa speaks in third person because Pressa WANTS to speak in third person nothing is forcing Pressa to besides myself. And I do like my name just fine thank you b:cute it is a very good name which could actually BE Pressa for all you know.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Forum = Game b:victory
    Can't stop posting.... so much fun... b:beatup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:cute Pressa is counting every time some one implies or says that the game is dying particularly when a new thread is created in which the OP states the game is dying indirectly or not Pressa's Penny count increases.

b:kiss I figure Imma be rich if I save my pennies

After you have 20 characters that are all R9+12, will you buy me R9 and DOrbs to refine all of it to +12 please? 'Cause you're gonna get a lot of centses that way, and it's gonna add up real fast... You should probably buy yourself a Ferrari or a house instead of R9 though.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Kadran - Dreamweaver
    Kadran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OP seems mad about something...
  • mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it's fun to slappy Ulmose's baldy head
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mogwai wrote: »
    it's fun to slappy Ulmose's baldy head

What's this, I don't even...
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol, who else here is just waiting for this other game to be released, the one with the name that rhymes with build bars?
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Lol, try to read the meaning instead of the words. Try, fail, then continue to play this game because you don't know what else to do with yourself.

And, by all means Pressa, play the game, enjoy the game. Who I am referring to are those who no longer enjoy this game but hold onto it because they can't let go of it. I suspect that the vast majority of people posting to these forums can relate.

This message will resonate with those who are intellectually capable and aware enough to realize what I am saying. To those who it doesn't, you'll come to the same point, eventually, and in your own time. But anyone who is able to these forums must at least be somewhat aware of how the tone and the object of these forums has completely changed.

In all sub forums, in almost all posts, you hear the same thing. The game is dead. Read carefully and you'll see that everyone is saying it and has been saying it for a long, long time.
  • Tagi_ - Dreamweaver
    Tagi_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I play a different game most of the time. Sadly my ISP decided to kill off some of the hamsters to save money on hamster feed and now my connection is not strong enough to connect to it because the game server is on the other side of the planetb:angry

My guild is dying without me and I almost had a full set of dragonballsb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I laugh at people who say they uninstalled PWI and then spend hours on the forum. b:chuckle
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol, who else here is just waiting for this other game to be released, the one with the name that rhymes with build bars?

aaaaaayuppp
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would agree with your post ULMOS, if I had ever put a cent into this game. I play completely free, so why not keep going and enjoy the ride. I'm sure one day I'll go to log on after one of my future long hiati (plural of hiatus?) and find the game no longer exists. Until then though, might as well get all the free fun I can.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sad thing for me is.. I started this game in 2010 november. I didint played it regulary. I quited for few weeks/monts when I had other things to do and then played again. so I start when game was already ***** up (raising tide = class disbalance, never saw a "fair PvP"), but I didint realized that as a noob and I really saw this game as a good one. my first impresion about this game was "**** this is really better than those others mmo's I've played". but the more I played the worse things happened. kills from stealth (stealt? not really fair...), bugs/glitches and finally chronobikes. chronobikes?!! WTF? then I start to read forums and understood all the true about this game. and now I see this game as piece of ****, but I still "love" my toon and I want it to lvl up. want to be cool and strong. and so many quests left, so many bosses unkilled, so smal number of pvp, didint even reach engame yet, didint done so many things yet.. so what should I do now?.. just quit it and dont waste my time on it anymore? or just play it for my nice warrior toon and my own fun, because I still have so many thing to do here? but I doubt if I still want to play it. I havent played it for about few mounts already, stuck at lvl 55 and dont have time/will to go further. dont even want to login in this game. last time I logged in was about week ago, but I did it only for pk and to see messed up secret passage and have fun there. Im not sure if Im still have interest in this game b:surrender so my story ****** sad b:sad never even saw those "good times" everyone talking about b:sad
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Listen hun, I play because I can. :P
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like your groove, ULMOS.

I think alot of people 'feel' it, but still can't put their finger on it. I do enjoy this game, I just won't invest much more than that anymore. All anyone can do is try to infect others with some sense of clarity.

I'm interested to see if this ship will sink, and how does a ship sink. I know how to swim. I know there's gonna be a providential coffin bobbing up and down when this is all over.

Call me Ishmael. Tho I might not always be as detached.
  • JSXJoe - Sanctuary
    JSXJoe - Sanctuary Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2011

b:bye I will, I do, I admit!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am really honered, ty b:victory

My Chars:
    101 Demon Blademaster. 101 Demon Barbarian,
    100 Sage Seeker, 100 Sage Cleric, 100 Demon Assassin,
    101 Demon Cleric, 93 Demon Archer, 101 Sage Venomancer,
    89 Demon Psychic, 100 Sage Mystic, 100 Demon Wizard
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The real fail here is that the OP isn't even practicing what he's preaching.

AND
    He sounds just like one of those holy roller preachers you see on TV too.

"Quit the game and ye shall be FORGIVEN!" *smacks your forehead*

Seriously

Can this be moved to The Lower Depths Please?
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited September 2011

It cannot be released fast enough for me b:laugh
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I ULMOS't quit PWI, but then my raging addiction took over once more, and I found myself entrapped in the vile, sick maze that is a poorly designed chinese MMO. Oh wait...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    The real fail here is that the OP isn't even practicing what he's preaching.

AND
    He sounds just like one of those holy roller preachers you see on TV too.

"Quit the game and ye shall be FORGIVEN!" *smacks your forehead*

Seriously

Can this be moved to The Lower Depths Please?

The real fail here is your attempt to suppress the truth which you so vehemently hide from yourself. That you're wasting your time. I quit a long, long time ago. I browse forums when taking a **** or I'm bored at work. The recent purchasing of a data plan for my mobile now allows me to browse while on my way to work between chapters of War and Peace, which is exactly what I'm doing now. I remember how difficult it was to quit this game, and how easy it was. It was interesting, and now, seeing people doing the same, and for the same reasons, is, entertaining.

Seriously

Blah blah blah, call me Schadenfruede, I'm munching on your tears like popcorn and kicking it back on your broken back.
  • Reifeil - Archosaur
    Reifeil - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Listen, I know you're still playing this game because you want to escape reality, but there are better escapes.

Listen, I know you're still playing because you wasted alot of money and are too proud to admit that that money is wasted, but stop wasting your time.

Listen, I know you're still playing because you want people to talk to, but you can still talk to them playing a different game or, get this, you can just talk to them.

Listen, I know you're smart, I know you know these things, so stop wasting yourself.

Listen, the devs won't listen. In reality, you'll log onto this site one day and this game will be gone.

What is happening to Perfect World now is what has happened to countless other games. This is a phenomenon, this is natural. They have given you some sort of distraction, you have paid for it, and that's the end of the story. The problem you face is in not accepting that there is nothing more to pay for, and there hasn't been for quite sometime.

Listen, I know you don't like breaking up, but listen to yourself, you want better things.

When you can't escape the escape, what can you do but go mad? B-b-but, "this is Perfect World"... "THIS.. IS.. MADNESS!"

Listen, I know you've had fun here, I know you still want to, but accept the end and accept the beginning.

But really, everyone should watch the South Park episode of Make Love Not War.Craft.

To those who are still playing this game... you'll learn sooner or later, and I'm not mad at'ya, I'm not sad at'ya, we're all here to do what we all want to do. Fight for what you want and what makes you happy, but please, above all else, be honest with yourself. Or at least ma'fu*kin' try to be.

Peace.
    ULMOS YOU MEAN POOPY HEAD YOU >.> (AzuraEclipse btw if you EVEN remember my damn cleric) are you even playing anymore O.0 and you post totally just confused the HECK outta me haha :3
  • ULMOS - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    Listen hun, I play because I can. :P

Herein lies the crux of the entire post. Don't play because you can, play because you want to. And when you don't want to anymore, have the strength to stop. Can you do that?

I can do a lot of things, I can fail, I can succeed, I can do what I want, I can do what you say, I can betray myself, I can be loyal to you. But the real question, the one which I am posing to you, is can you do what you want?

I ask this because I am quite confident that many people here want to quit, but can't. And this does not imply that they are weak, but if they can at least recognize what they want, then at least they can be honest with themselves. This process of disillusionment is now spreading.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Peace.

You started 7 sentences with the word "Listen"
    and you watched "The matrix" too much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I quit a long, long time ago. I browse forums when taking a **** or I'm bored at work.

ULMOS is now a member of pawtheads

August 7, 2011 at 9:09am

August 2011 doesn't seem that long to me...