Badges and Signs of ___

Options
_Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City
_Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City Posts: 224 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Can someone tell me how you get each and which ones are the hardest? Prices would be good too.
I got one badge of bravery are those the hardest?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Facebook.com/tangyfox
EX Legendary on Sanctuary
Moved to LC to PK
Post edited by _Bloody_Fox_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Sverdet - Heavens Tear
    Sverdet - Heavens Tear Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Idk much about them... saw you needed 10 badges for 1 sign and was like "LOL never getting Saoring Spirit Sword" and gave up. I do know the easiest to get seem to be the Endurance ones. You can get them during the Dragon Temple event.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sverdet ~ Lvl 100 Seeker; Rank 8
  • endlesspsy
    endlesspsy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    why are you collecting them, just get a rank 8 when it comes out. Its much stronger and will get you ready for the new rank 8 version 2. Theyre probably gonna cost 50m to 120m. And spending all the time collecting them is probably not worth it.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you do do the weapon of the sages quest, be very careful making the signs. The quest dialogue for the badges and signs is horribly written. The confirmation text does not tell you what it is you're confirming, and it's very easy to misread or misclick and turn in a badge or sign for rep. I had to re-make a strength sign because of this.
    endlesspsy wrote: »
    why are you collecting them, just get a rank 8 when it comes out. Its much stronger and will get you ready for the new rank 8 version 2. Theyre probably gonna cost 50m to 120m. And spending all the time collecting them is probably not worth it.
    Despite having done the quest, I'd agree with this. Your efforts are better put towards R8 or Nirvana weapons. About the only time where this quest makes sense anymore is an interval melee fox veno, since their R8 is a pataka which sucks for interval melee. Or if you've got multiple level 90 alts on a single account with an account stash, since the weapon can be traded through the stash unlike rank gear.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    It's all here:
    http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Messenger_of_the_Sages

The beamhoof slicer rocks and is very much a viable final weapon. The other weapons... well, I'm not sure how to evaluate them, but they don't have anything as striking as the slicer.
    They're interesting, but other weapons may be better.

I've not had a problem with the quest text, but yeah - it lacks decent confirmations. Best thing to do is approach him with only one badge, then with 10, and make sure you choose the newly permitted option.