[Emergency Server Maintenance] 9-14-2011 11pm PDT [COMPLETE]

Comments

• aoi101
    aoi101 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wow seriously? is this a pathetic joke? I was just getting money last night to buy some +12 orbs, now suddenly they remove it from the Boutique? b:angry THAT'S JUST REALLY UNFAIR! A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT TO BUY THOSE STUPID ORBS AND NOW THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH +12...

Either roll back the server,
    or
    Return the orbs to the boutique and have a "removal day" for them instead of making a "PATHETIC EXCUSE" of it crashing the client/server. I'm a C++ software engineer, and I know for a fact that 1 simple item doesn't cause a game to crash, specially by the nature of it.

This is my first forum post, I usually just read forum but don't post but this time I am extremely bother by PWI actions, I'm honestly about to lose faith/interest in this game and go back to **** or just wait for ***. I spend a lot of (real) money on this game, we are just not normal players we are customers you are driving away by poor decisions made by your team. Keep that in mind. You are losing player-base, and that's the main factor you should consider keeping.

Ah, no wonder they didn't had a "removal" day on the event notice, just an "activation date"... quite fishy eh.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Having watched the actions of certain big-ticket merchants on HT immediately after the server came back up, I suspect PWI GMs of selling out to certain players, as has happened on at least one other PW server that many of us old-timers came from:
    • >> Specific players were provided a heads-up that the +11 and +12 orbs were about to be pulled.
    • >> These players bought up huge amounts of those orbs.
    • >> "Emergency maintenance" happened.
    • >> After servers came up, these orbs were sold for over twice their price from 2 hours ago
    • >> Somewhere near the PWE office, some player is taking some PWE employees out for a drink, and possibly a small gratuity

If this has not happened, isn't it a little odd that where there were perhaps 3 +12 orbs being offered on WC per hour before the maintenance, afterwards there were trades of 5 to 10 orbs happening within minutes, totaling an estimated few hundred orbs within a few hours?

Now what I need is contact info for the more "amenable" PWE employees, for the next time something like this goes down. We can negotiate gratuities offline. Thank you.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    aoi101 wrote: »
    wow seriously? is this a pathetic joke? I was just getting money last night to buy some +12 orbs, now suddenly they remove it from the Boutique? b:angry THAT'S JUST REALLY UNFAIR! A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT TO BUY THOSE STUPID ORBS AND NOW THERE'S A LOT OF PEOPLE RUNNING AROUND WITH +12...

Either roll back the server,
    or
    Return the orbs to the boutique and have a "removal day" for them instead of

A Roll Back is not Possible , People haven Merchanted and Charged zen in this time and Refined also to +7 and 8 like me!

and sold my Love Up and Down how this should work.

Putting the Orbs back is the best way let them there for 1 week and all is done.
  • Ichibankai - Lost City
    Ichibankai - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i did get an orb before it got taken off no i didn't know they would be removed in a day had no clue because in the past few sale events i have seen off and on a few that have not had an end date and lasted for a few weeks but i am neither here nor there in whos side i am on i am waiting to see the out come and to be honest this is the same story of pwi failing we the buyers merch's and farmers QQing on the unfairness of it all and in the end get caught up in a new sale no offense but it seems though we are sheep to the slaughter? i love this game and the whole point of this game is for them to make money to keep it "free" where in the huger CSers are the ones making up for the ones who don't buy zen so there in the big CSers are really what runs pwi not the GMs i as stated before love this game but there are a lot of "unstable matters" in this game.... oki i done i just shut up and go back to my hole.....
  • wreckbot2
    wreckbot2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Now there's no need for insults as there may have really been a problem.. But like i said only way to save face is to Announce the sale and ending date to be fair to all paying customers. I have worked many hours to get where i am playing nearly 3 years now reaching an almost stagnant state earning money and somehow failing to sharpen a simple blade every time.
    Is just very unfair for those that didn't get a chance to purchase orbs which were stripped away with very little warning. So please as any responsible business don't insult your customers.
  • PanQuake - Harshlands
    PanQuake - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I swear, the user base of this game are a bunch of dang Idiots. - _-
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    September 15, 2011 8:08 AM EDT

Perfect World Co. (NASDAQ: PWRD) today announced that it has updated its revenue guidance for the third quarter of 2011.

In order to further enhance the content of the Company's portfolio and lengthen the life cycle of its existing games, the Company decided to slow down in-game promotional activities for some of its existing games in the third quarter.

The Company now adjusts its revenue guidance for the quarter to be between RMB702 million and RMB741 million, as compared to the previously announced revenue guidance of RMB756 million and RMB803 million.
  • LilKinky - Lost City
    LilKinky - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    forget it im not gonna waste my breath on a dieing mmo that rips people off
  • FlyRanger - Dreamweaver
    FlyRanger - Dreamweaver Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    can we have a GM reply on this topic? or did pwi sold them already?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I upload a vid of a rank 9 3rd cast seeker fight, 90 views.
    I upload a vid of me in my boxers, 750 views.
    I know what the PWI community wants.

b:laugh
  • Luxiouss - Harshlands
    Luxiouss - Harshlands Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You guys do realize how unfair it is for everyone who cash shops and already had a large amount of gold to have +12 their gear, and now nobody else can right? Secondly, a boutique sale does not cause client instability, you idiot.

Either put the orbs back in with a warning for their removal date, or do a complete server roll back. Now you have several people rolling in full +12s, and nobody else can get it. Think about that..........

You can still get +12 just do it at a normal sale? make them, why people so stupid.
  • BiRD - Dreamweaver
    BiRD - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The way these people run their business is just disturbing and makes me sick. What makes me even more sick are the Sheep's that allow this game company to treat them like **** and continue to log into this game and fill PWE's pockets with currency they don't deserve.
    Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.

-.-' Lies, Lies and more Lies.....

real reason they were removed >
    #

alia789

Don't worry, those orbs will be back. Except this time their price will have been reajusted, so they will cost you a lot more. The only possible explanation as to why they were removed is because they realized they could make a lot more $ with them.

i am really getting tired of this companies ****. They dnt fix this issue soon, return the orbs in the shop at the same price they were..... this virus to life and my pc called pwi will be removed.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't have a problem with them coming and going so fast, since PWI never said how long the sale would be.

But wow, what an embarrassingly bad, and completely unnecessary, lie.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It would be nice if someone would tell me how an item in the boutique affects the client program.

The staffs crazy excuces for things, even if they may be true, with no explanations really undermine player confidence in the staff.
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You can still get +12 just do it at a normal sale? make them, why people so stupid.

You can still get them 3x the price just do it at a normal sale? make them, why you so stupid.

zzzzz.
    edited September 2011
    If having them in the boutique was causeing problems, wouldnt they still be causeing problems elsewhere in the program? Trying to figure out why the item wasnt just removed from the game.
    This really doesnt sound right at all.
  • BiRD - Dreamweaver
    BiRD - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Perfect World User
    # 346
    Today, 05:45 AM
    Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message
    If having them in the boutique was causeing problems, wouldnt they still be causeing problems elsewhere in the program? Trying to figure out why the item wasnt just removed from the game.

Because its their bogus excuse to remove them and re add them later at a higher price, just so they can make more money, the greedy basderts that run this company.
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I swear, the user base of this game are a bunch of dang Idiots. - _-

+1.

Wanna bet they all believe that the illuminati are behind this? b:chuckle
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011

frankie is a liar lol you shouldnt read too much into what he says- it is never going to be in your best interest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GovMantro - Sanctuary
    GovMantro - Sanctuary Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    frankie is a liar lol you shouldnt read too much into what he says- it is never going to be in your best interest

Oh so wise mendy :)
    edited September 2011
    Ive sworn off spending real money on this game until major improvements are made, so this sale didnt affect me at all, but it does **** me off.
    Such an obviously feeble excuse to take an item off sale.
    PWE/I really have made this and anniversery month to remember. I do believe they have come up with ways to **** off every class of player.
    Way to show the love for the ones that pay your salaries PW.
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HOPE this is what u guys was shootin for.............MANY LONG TIME PLAYERS FINALLY UNISTALLING PW due to your LIES AND BULL****. MAY you be treated like you treat YOUR PLAYERBASE. LIKE ****. I BEEN HERE SINCE ALMOST DAY 1 and i have heard some real BS stories in 3 years, but this LMAO IS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK.
    I HOPE U GET WHAT YOU DESERVE PWE, UNLOYAL AND LYING PLAYER SO YOU ALL WILL BE IN SAME BOAT.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What the **** is this ****?
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
  • wreckbot2
    wreckbot2 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Any updates on this "Emergency" yet?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wreckbot2 wrote: »
    Any updates on this "Emergency" yet?

Patch Notes Version 564
    Released September 15, 2011

Client Instability
    We were getting reports of client instability and found that it was related to the Dragon Orb Mirage and Dragon Orb Flame. To rectify this, these items have been removed from the boutique.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    packs are crashing my client now remove them too b:pleased
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    same, and i heard mysterious chips too.
    never bring them back in boutique, dont want server to crash, ppl will just have to pay the real price b:bye
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    meeh ~.~ sighs... i loled at school when i saw this.. just wooooaaaaawwwwww
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Shadowfire - Dreamweaver
    Shadowfire - Dreamweaver Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Read this at school since i decided to take a few minutes off of doing work.

All I can really say is, I loled. b:laugh