Psychic: A pk alt

upsides
upsides Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Psychic
I was in discussion with some friends of mine, and I brought up the idea of rolling a Psychic as a pk alt. However in unison my friends all informed me that I would get killed by skilled Assassins easily. I looked up the Psychic's skill descriptions and the impression I got was that Psychics are an Assassin's natural counter. Yet I was informed that Assassins have ways to "get around" my skills. I was told that, in a fight of equal skill and gear, the Assassin will beat me a majority of the times. Even if I decked out my Psychic with full R9 +12, the Assassin, assuming he/she is similarly geared, will still have have the advantage.

I'll admit. This really turned me off the idea of rolling a Psychic. I've always heard that Psychic's are the "refine class", and that at +12 they are a class everyone fears. Yet what I hear now is the completely different. That the +12 talk was an exaggeration. That I'm better off rolling an Assassin and refining it to +12. That even at high refines, and top-notch skill, an Assassin will still win the majority of the fights between us. I quote my friend: "If it's equal skill and gear, refine all you want. The Assassin will still kill you."

Is it true?
Post edited by upsides on

Comments

• YokoKurama - Harshlands
    YokoKurama - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the question your after is;
    Does Soulburn/Soul of Vengeance's reflect kill APS Sin?

In a fair duels, yes

In PvP it's down to the curcumstances if you want it on or not wile you train.
    If it's on and your attacked, the reflect makes you pink, meaning if it's a higher level RPKing, you have made your chances to drop items higher. If it's a similar level or lower you should have a good chance of winning, down to gear and playing styles.

If your on the attack, they can either run and stealth, or fight back (or just die if they are white named), you can slow them but they can get away, you only have the chance to stun when you get attacked.

Don't get me wrong alot of good Psychics pk very well, but going after Sins in particular will never be an easy job.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Eh?

What server do you play on that has sins that regularly kill r9+12 psychics? O-o

Basically, if the psy can survive their initial tele-stun, then they can beat the sin pretty handily (very skilled sins are still tough). Assisting them with this is Soul of Retal which absorbs damage and reflects negative effects, Absolute Domain/Expel, Phys def charms.... etc... Soul of Silence proccing every third hit or so and sealing for blahblah seconds...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the question your after is;
    Does Soulburn/Soul of Vengeance's reflect kill APS Sin?

In a fair duels, yes

In PvP it's down to the curcumstances if you want it on or not wile you train.
    If it's on and your attacked, the reflect makes you pink, meaning if it's a higher level RPKing, you have made your chances to drop items higher. If it's a similar level or lower you should have a good chance of winning, down to gear and playing styles.

If your on the attack, they can either run and stealth, or fight back (or just die if they are white named), you can slow them but they can get away, you only have the chance to stun when you get attacked.

Don't get me wrong alot of good Psychics pk very well, but going after Sins in particular will never be an easy job.

lol dude....my psychic is 89, no triple spark. As long as I have 1 spark chi I can literally waste the majority of west arch with no issue....

And that is at 89 using a lvl 80 green Diamond soulsphere +3 w/ immac saph
    lvl 80 gold AA armor all +3 w/ immac hp.
    80 green helm +3 w/ immacs
    NPC cape, NPC neck/belt
    and one crappy ring from the Core connect points thing.

So yeah >_>....
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary
    X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you Need an Example of a Very Strong Psy then Go to Sanctuaray And meet _Tristan_ .
    In TW it takes 7-8 ppl Altogether just to kill him and in PK a 5 aps barb killed himself attacking _Tristan_ . He even Solo's Caster Nirvana.
  • upsides
    edited September 2011
    If an Assassin suicides on a Psychic just standing in place, I wouldn't call that Assassin skilled. I'm sure that, as a Psychic I would be able to kill a good amount of the "stupid Assassins", yet those are not my concern. I would be able to kill those very same Assassins had I rolled an Assassin too.

My concern is geared more towards the players with skill. I know that as an Assassin, I would have the advantage in my fights with a good majority of the classes. Yet I was considering rolling a Psychic, and giving it high refines. That way I will be an "anti-Sin", especially considering most of the servers are filled with Assassins. I would be one of those people killing those Assassins, or so I thought. Then as I chat with my friends, they tell me that even with high refines and superb skill, an Assassin, with similar gear and skill, will still beat my Psychic in the majority of our fights.

I want to know. Is that true? Even with R9 +12, will a similarly geared Assassin still kick my a** the majority of the time? Assuming equal skill. Most of my friends play as an Assassin, It would suck if I got R9 for my Psychic, and gave him high refines, only to get killed by my friends consistently. They're telling me that I would stand no chance against them as a Psychic. They say that if I roll a Psychic as a pk alt, they will kill me everyday; and then laugh at my stupid choice. Will I really stand no chance? I can't believe that's true. b:surrender
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    lol Did you not read anything I said?

Unless the sin is 1-shotting you with a high zerk crit or killing you within their initial tele stun through sheer aps (risking soul of silence proccing), you can beat them. A r9+12 psy can 2-3 shot any sin (1 shot to tick DN).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Ugh....read the ****ing thread...you god damn stupid piece of **** mother****ing **** sucking dumbass.

R9 +12 Psychic, and let me put this in caps and BIG LETTERS for you,

WILL OWN ANYTHING THAT IT COMES AGAINST. THE ONLY ****ING WAY TO KILL A R9 +12 PSYCHIC IS TO UNDERSTAND PROC TIME, WHICH ISN'T EASILY DONE, AND HOW TO AVOID ALL THE SELF BUFFS A PSYCHIC HAS. ****ING HELL A AFK PSYCHIC CAN BASICALLY KILL ANYTHING THAT ATTACKS IT VIA SOV, WHICH IS SOUL OF VENGEANCE, AND SOS, SOUL OF SILENCE, NOW PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP. ROLL A R9 +12 PSYCHIC, LEARN TO PLAY THE PSYCHIC, AND QUIT TRYING TO TALK DOWN THE CLASS.

ugh....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    edited September 2011
    lol Did you not read anything I said?

Unless the sin is 1-shotting you with a high zerk crit or killing you within their initial tele stun through sheer aps (risking soul of silence proccing), you can beat them. A r9+12 psy can 2-3 shot any sin (1 shot to tick DN).

Thanks for your reply, and everyone else. I definitely read your post and have taken it into consideration. It seems that I have had a bad image of Psychics planted into my head. It's nice to know that what my friends were saying was wrong. Maybe they were trying to dissuade me into rolling a Psychic, so that they won't get their a** kicked.

Ugh....read the ****ing thread...you god damn stupid piece of **** mother****ing **** sucking dumbass.

R9 +12 Psychic, and let me put this in caps and BIG LETTERS for you,

WILL OWN ANYTHING THAT IT COMES AGAINST. THE ONLY ****ING WAY TO KILL A R9 +12 PSYCHIC IS TO UNDERSTAND PROC TIME, WHICH ISN'T EASILY DONE, AND HOW TO AVOID ALL THE SELF BUFFS A PSYCHIC HAS. ****ING HELL A AFK PSYCHIC CAN BASICALLY KILL ANYTHING THAT ATTACKS IT VIA SOV, WHICH IS SOUL OF VENGEANCE, AND SOS, SOUL OF SILENCE, NOW PLEASE SHUT THE **** UP. ROLL A R9 +12 PSYCHIC, LEARN TO PLAY THE PSYCHIC, AND QUIT TRYING TO TALK DOWN THE CLASS.

ugh....

Whoa are you okay? I've read every single post in this thread at least 3 times. However you guys are not the only ones informing me about this topic. I've heard lots of differing opinions on this already. And I take each and every one into consideration when making my choice. And how the h*** did you interpret my post as "talking down the class"?

I'm considering rolling a Psychic right now. I'll take the risk and jump into the class. See where that leads me. For when all is said and done, a risk not taken is one you have already lost. But definitely keep me updated on the dynamics of Psychic vs Assassin pk, and please share if you have any strategies you use a Psychic to kill an Assassin.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Sorry if you weren't, was slightly annoyed from another game when I read your post.

anyhow, the easiest way to kill a sin as a psychic? Let them kill themselves. So many sin's do that it isn't even sane >.>''

For the more skilled one's, somebody like Cheze for example, you have to time skills, immunities, and genie skills all to make sure you don't get get stunned or sealed at some a decisive point in the fight where you could kill the sin.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    As a R9+12 psychic, you won't have an aweful lot to worry about from sins. With those refines, you're going to have a pretty handy amount of hp, and with SoV absorbing upwards of 15k damage from a pvp hit, a sin would be hard pressed to 1shot you.

Past that, SoV is also going to be handing out 15k damage on contact. This will tick DN of almost every sin in the game, and if that doesn't scare them off, and they keep attacking, SoV damage will kill them. If the sin thinks to use an immune pot before attacking, SoS will proc often enough to save you, and at level 10/sage, its going to be a 5(?) second silence, aka more than enough time to either soulburn/psychic will/otherwise destroy said sin.

Its possible that a very very good sin (cheze) could kill a r9+12 psychic that was paying attention, but it wouldn't be easy.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • upsides
    edited September 2011
    As a R9+12 psychic, you won't have an aweful lot to worry about from sins. With those refines, you're going to have a pretty handy amount of hp, and with SoV absorbing upwards of 15k damage from a pvp hit, a sin would be hard pressed to 1shot you.

Past that, SoV is also going to be handing out 15k damage on contact. This will tick DN of almost every sin in the game, and if that doesn't scare them off, and they keep attacking, SoV damage will kill them. If the sin thinks to use an immune pot before attacking, SoS will proc often enough to save you, and at level 10/sage, its going to be a 5(?) second silence, aka more than enough time to either soulburn/psychic will/otherwise destroy said sin.

Its possible that a very very good sin (cheze) could kill a r9+12 psychic that was paying attention, but it wouldn't be easy.

Well I probably won't be full +12. I'm considering just refining the weapon to +12 and the rest of my gears ~ +10. Then I'll merchant.

Will I notice a significant difference in skill proc having only the weapon at +12?
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    >>
    If the sin thinks to use an immune pot before attacking, SoS will proc often enough to save you

>>
    immune pot... SoS will proc

wut
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    don't worry about Perses, he's been rather cynical ever since a certain incident in which he was convinced he could own a certain undergeared lower level seeker b:chuckle

but couldn't
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    upsides wrote: »
    I was in discussion with some friends of mine, and I brought up the idea of rolling a Psychic as a pk alt. However in unison my friends all informed me that I would get killed by skilled Assassins easily. I looked up the Psychic's skill descriptions and the impression I got was that Psychics are an Assassin's natural counter. Yet I was informed that Assassins have ways to "get around" my skills. I was told that, in a fight of equal skill and gear, the Assassin will beat me a majority of the times. Even if I decked out my Psychic with full R9 +12, the Assassin, assuming he/she is similarly geared, will still have have the advantage.

I'll admit. This really turned me off the idea of rolling a Psychic. I've always heard that Psychic's are the "refine class", and that at +12 they are a class everyone fears. Yet what I hear now is the completely different. That the +12 talk was an exaggeration. That I'm better off rolling an Assassin and refining it to +12. That even at high refines, and top-notch skill, an Assassin will still win the majority of the fights between us. I quote my friend: "If it's equal skill and gear, refine all you want. The Assassin will still kill you."

Is it true?

Ha,ha not so true. If you have +40K soulforce assassins have hard chance. I'm leveling physic. I'm just lv. 88 but when I dueling sins, they win just few times and they have to have much better gear then I have. Physic wins against sin depend on tactic and your soulforce.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MadTrigga - Harshlands
    MadTrigga - Harshlands Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mumintroll wrote:
    - blabla... when I dueling sins ... moar bla bla

lmao.
    P
    V
    P
    =/=
    DUELZ

PS: yes psy owns, but u need to know what u do.
    and to OP: u talk about same skillset of both players in a psy vs sin 1v1. same skill set could mean both really pro,or just average. i`d say if really pro probably psy winz, but could go either way, if anything else the sin would just pwn. stun pew pew stun blamo / oneshot
    `ts how it goes
    PPS: pvp in theory =/= pvp, imho.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just have to survive the stealth spark imo xD but as full +12 with JoSD, shouldnt be too hard

on DW, there is a full R9+12 psychic. in PK, a G15+12 sin with +11-12 armors and a R9+12 with +10 armors both tried stealth spark on her at same time. both died

b:shocked
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Is it true?

If you make a Psychic then you'll find yourself in constant Tom & Jerry style fights with assassins, with no clear winner if the sin has half a brain. (or a stack of ironguards)

Yes you're technically their counter, but unfortunately:

1) A good portion of your counter-ability isn't apparent until you get high refines.
    2) The class (sin) is so OP that even if you were to assign two competent people to a sin and a Psychic and give them whatever build and gear they ask for, you'd eventually end up with what could basically be described as a stalemate, where both have issues killing one another unless they take some form of risk.
    3) Sins have stealth. And egos. They don't take kindly to someone ACTUALLY killing them and ruining their illusion of being this total badass from an action film or something, so killing one usually means that he's gonna stalk you for the next hour and IG, wait until someone ELSE stuns you or wait until you have like 1k HP to attack.

Having said that, a lot of sins are dumb as rocks. Then again, so are a lot of Psychics. Tideborn seem to have a genetic defect that makes them balls-awful 95% of the time. So while a competent sin may give you a run for your money, they're rare. A dumb sin is gonna kill himself on you and claim "i lagged u stupid noob f***" without realizing that this excuse is nearly impossible because HE dug his own grave. You should also ask yourself if you'd be happy playing a class that's squishy as balls: I always tell people "if you're taking damage at all on a Psychic, you're doing it wrong," because yes, Psychic is basically a walking deathtrap; killing everything around it in under two seconds, but it can also DIE in two seconds flat. My best guess is that the people who can't play the class well haven't quite figured the latter part out. If you prefer to tank decently, I would think twice about Psy.

Last thing worth mentioning is that sins seem to have this issue with arrogance and egos. If I had a dollar every time I logged in this game wanting to have a fun fight with a BM or wizard, only to have some sin camp me (because he died in our 1v1 four ****ing months ago) and force me to drop my other fight and focus only on the assassin, I could've bought r9 by now. So while I'm not stuck in a frustrating situation like a wizard, where I'm practically helpless against any and all assassins, I feel like a freaking bug zapper: sins are drawn to Psys like flies to light, and they're as annoying as flies too.

Having said that, if you truly want to be -THE- best PVP class, maybe you should roll sin. Psy is good, but sin is just downright ridiculous. As I said above, a good sin can stalemate with a good Psy, and we're supposed to be their counter. Very few other classes can handle sins decently (if any).
    If you want fun, can handle being squishy and you don't mind CONSTANTLY fighting sins who are super butthurt because you managed to kill them, then go for it. Personally I guess I play the class because I hate arrogance and love crushing egos, and holy **** there's a lot of egotistical sins out there. b:pleased
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    3) Sins have stealth. And egos. They don't take kindly to someone ACTUALLY killing them and ruining their illusion of being this total badass from an action film or something, so killing one usually means that he's gonna stalk you for the next hour and IG, wait until someone ELSE stuns you or wait until you have like 1k HP to attack.

True. Story.
    Spammed by this one sin in SP sometime this week for over an hour. b:sleep
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lmao.
    P
    V
    P
    =/=
    DUELZ

PS: yes psy owns, but u need to know what u do.
    and to OP: u talk about same skillset of both players in a psy vs sin 1v1. same skill set could mean both really pro,or just average. i`d say if really pro probably psy winz, but could go either way, if anything else the sin would just pwn. stun pew pew stun blamo / oneshot
    `ts how it goes
    PPS: pvp in theory =/= pvp, imho.

Of course PvP=/= dueling. I didn't say that, BUT dueling is 1 faze to learn how to fight with character. And tell you quite a lot what to use and when and help build up some tactics.
    Personally I give big hope also to sage-Empowered Vigor skill. To have 6s cooldown on charm is amazing I think very helpful in PvP. On another side sage-Diminished Vigor could be also very useful. Prolong cooldown of charm to 14s.b:victory
    I just starting to learn physic, but I don't think sins are unbeatable with physic. At least they are much better then wizards in fight with sins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    don't worry about Perses, he's been rather cynical ever since a certain incident in which he was convinced he could own a certain undergeared lower level seeker b:chuckle

but couldn't

undergeared? Lower lvl?

What you be smoking, cause I need some right now o.O

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • upsides
    edited September 2011
    If you make a Psychic then you'll find yourself in constant Tom & Jerry style fights with assassins, with no clear winner if the sin has half a brain. (or a stack of ironguards)

Yes you're technically their counter, but unfortunately:

1) A good portion of your counter-ability isn't apparent until you get high refines.
    2) The class (sin) is so OP that even if you were to assign two competent people to a sin and a Psychic and give them whatever build and gear they ask for, you'd eventually end up with what could basically be described as a stalemate, where both have issues killing one another unless they take some form of risk.

Having said that, a lot of sins are dumb as rocks. Then again, so are a lot of Psychics. Tideborn seem to have a genetic defect that makes them balls-awful 95% of the time. So while a competent sin may give you a run for your money, they're rare. A dumb sin is gonna kill himself on you and claim "i lagged u stupid noob f***" without realizing that this excuse is nearly impossible because HE dug his own grave. You should also ask yourself if you'd be happy playing a class that's squishy as balls: I always tell people "if you're taking damage at all on a Psychic, you're doing it wrong," because yes, Psychic is basically a walking deathtrap; killing everything around it in under two seconds, but it can also DIE in two seconds flat. My best guess is that the people who can't play the class well haven't quite figured the latter part out. If you prefer to tank decently, I would think twice about Psy.

Last thing worth mentioning is that sins seem to have this issue with arrogance and egos. If I had a dollar every time I logged in this game wanting to have a fun fight with a BM or wizard, only to have some sin camp me (because he died in our 1v1 four ****ing months ago) and force me to drop my other fight and focus only on the assassin, I could've bought r9 by now. So while I'm not stuck in a frustrating situation like a wizard, where I'm practically helpless against any and all assassins, I feel like a freaking bug zapper: sins are drawn to Psys like flies to light, and they're as annoying as flies too.

Having said that, if you truly want to be -THE- best PVP class, maybe you should roll sin. Psy is good, but sin is just downright ridiculous. As I said above, a good sin can stalemate with a good Psy, and we're supposed to be their counter. Very few other classes can handle sins decently (if any).
    If you want fun, can handle being squishy and you don't mind CONSTANTLY fighting sins who are super butthurt because you managed to kill them, then go for it. Personally I guess I play the class because I hate arrogance and love crushing egos, and holy **** there's a lot of egotistical sins out there. b:pleased

That's good to know. I always welcome a challenge. Since a Psychic is squishy though, wouldn't I be having more problems with a competent R9 Archer rather than a R9 Sin? I'd imagine if they force me to use up my defenses" I'd be open game for them. How is your experience with Archers?

I lol'd at Sins holding a grudge for 4 months.

Of course PvP=/= dueling. I didn't say that, BUT dueling is 1 faze to learn how to fight with character. And tell you quite a lot what to use and when and help build up some tactics.
    Personally I give big hope also to sage-Empowered Vigor skill. To have 6s cooldown on charm is amazing I think very helpful in PvP. On another side sage-Diminished Vigor could be also very useful. Prolong cooldown of charm to 14s.b:victory
    I just starting to learn physic, but I don't think sins are unbeatable with physic. At least they are much better then wizards in fight with sins.

Yeah I've often heard that Wizards are "Sin food." I was surprised at how easily Cheze dropped Questro in the YouTube video. That's a shame. When I first played PWI I was a Wizard.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    True. Story.
    Spammed by this one sin in SP sometime this week for over an hour. b:sleep

I think I have 3-4 sins that will immediately start stalking me once they see me, with IGs ready to spam when it gets dangerous. What's sad is I'm pretty sure that three of them hate me because they randomly got killed by an AOE ONCE. Y'know, like ***** where anyone with half a brain should come to the conclusion "he killed me on accident because I was in stealth and he was clearly targeting that BM?" Yeah...
    That's good to know. I always welcome a challenge. Since a Psychic is squishy though, wouldn't I be having more problems with a competent R9 Archer rather than a R9 Sin? I'd imagine if they force me to use up my defenses" I'd be open game for them. How is your experience with Archers?

I lol'd at Sins holding a grudge for 4 months.

Yeah I've often heard that Wizards are "Sin food." I was surprised at how easily Cheze dropped Questro in the YouTube video. That's a shame. When I first played PWI I was a Wizard.

R9 archer gives you more (more than any other archer that is) trouble because they have purge, so your 8-10 seconds of physical immunity isn't actually that long; you're on the clock basically. However, you can see an archer and you have control skills to keep them in place. They're also not super difficult to kite for a bit since most archers are also gonna want to fight at max range so they can kite too. Any non-r9 archer is pretty screwed unless you have balls-awful reaction time, and r9s should be doable too since they take decent damage. Sins on the other hand, you don't see coming. Hell, a sin can even pull out a bow and thanks to a slow game mechanic or whatever, the sin will get 1-2 free shots off on you before his face even pops up to show you've been attacked.

Only other class that's ever given me trouble is clerics, but that was before I went red name (used to only PK as a white name because I was ghetto and didn't like SL); ever since I went red they've become easier. Cleric is a quickdraw between your stun and their sleep (or one of you can resist the other's ailment and then other stuff happens), and a lot of the little farts will spam heal before that quickdraw starts, meaning you may have issues outdamaging the heal and their charm, killing them BEFORE stun dies. If they get sleep off then yknow the drill: chi up, extreme poison, debuff, triple spark, hardest hitting physical attack with you taking 11% more damage than the average bear thanks to Black Voodoo. But the level 100 skill (Sandball) is pretty decent at keeping them under control longer. Tide Spirit is also good if you've got the sparks for it; you can definitely kill them quick with that. Still, I don't like fighting them because it usually means I need a fair amount of sparks and Absolute domain; a fight with them is resource-heavy.

BMs are really fun to fight cause there's a lot of stun wars going on, wizzie is fun to troll by putting on white voodoo and turtling the poor little ****. Barbs are REALLY fun to kite; I love finding r9 +12 barbs that can kill me in one hit, just to see how long I can avoid damage or if I can manage the kill anyways (which sometimes I do).
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited September 2011
    >>

>>

wut

I seem to recall SoS going through ironguard pots/AD because it does no damage...on the other hand, I could be smoking crack and confusing SoR mechanics with ironguard pots.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I seem to recall SoS going through ironguard pots/AD because it does no damage...on the other hand, I could be smoking crack and confusing SoR mechanics with ironguard pots.

You're confusing SoS with a successful soulburn cast prior to the IG leading to soulburn ticks.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    SoS does not trigger if you don't take damage. Try fighting a Sin and putting Psychic Will on, then SoS, for as long as the immune lasts SoS won't be triggered by any physical hits.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • gunslot
    gunslot Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't be bothered by Perses, he's a butthurt idiot, trololol.

Oh, and btw Perses if you're still wondering how you died that second time from a 5k hit that was less than your actual hp, the extra metal dmg from gemini slash soulsever proc doesn't appear in dmg log. ;)
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    I love how you people bring in something from a completely unrelated topic into how a psychic is for a PK alt.....congratz at holding some bull**** that happened nearly a year ago over a person???

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    SoS does not trigger if you don't take damage. Try fighting a Sin and putting Psychic Will on, then SoS, for as long as the immune lasts SoS won't be triggered by any physical hits.

I believe you misunderstood slightly. The situation is where a sin uses an IG pot then goes after a psychic. SoS WILL activate from this situation, but the question is whether or not the silence will actually land through the IG protection.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I believe you misunderstood slightly. The situation is where a sin uses an IG pot then goes after a psychic. SoS WILL activate from this situation, but the question is whether or not the silence will actually land through the IG protection.

It won't.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited September 2011
    It won't.

Well that's a shame. Seeing as an aps sin using windshield/relentless courage will be able to kill you before they show up on your screen due to server lag, having IG pots completely nullify your main innate defense to aps is sorta annoying.