About IP region block

Options
DollDivine - Dreamweaver
DollDivine - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
good night

exactly today, I had friends who had their accounts blocked for playing in certain regions, which somehow was decided by the developer b:shocked
announced here
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=741652&postcount=2

the question is as follows, in my view was blocked by these countries that have official server out, what led to these conditions

What I wonder is whether more countries will join this list, but would like a response of some gm

I'm asking because besides me many, many Brazilians playing for more than year here, and as you know, Brazil has the official server. but many here have already acquired and spent, as my case. I still intend to spend more, but I'm afraid of the future that happen to me, we have the chance for Brazil to be included on this list and all the money we spend our time and is literally blocked?? b:sad then I put this question to administrators

@edit
I want to know the question is whether the Brazilians who play here so many years run a risk of one day not to play more, because of some of the region ban
take care b:surrender
Post edited by DollDivine - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    maybe open proxy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DollDivine - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    maybe open proxy?

I know of proxy is prohibited. if he has not fooled
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know of proxy is prohibited. if he has not fooled
    maybe he didnt know
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • DollDivine - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I want to know the question is whether the Brazilians who play here so many years run a risk of one day not to play more, because of some of the region ban
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Brazilian version opened before PWI, and they never put an IP block on it here.

I doubt they will put one in the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When Russia was added to that list (I think it was Russia, I could be wrong) because they got their own servers, old players were allowed to keep their characters. No new players were allowed.

Yes, this is what happened in Russia. http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1001392 Even if Brazil one day PWI stops being able to let people get new accounts from Brazil, usually they will still allow you to play if you already have an account.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • juzio90
    juzio90 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Somebody used my account from open proxy propably , and now i'm banned , what can i do with it ? is there any chance to unban ? i send ticket but still nothing answers.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    juzio90 wrote: »
    Somebody used my account from open proxy propably , and now i'm banned , what can i do with it ? is there any chance to unban ? i send ticket but still nothing answers.

Tickets can take up to 5 business days to be answered, as the Customer Service team has to investigate the issue so that they can make an educated decision. Give them some time.

Also, bans are not to be discussed on the forums.