Gooning for spirit?

Options
Evinerre - Lost City
Evinerre - Lost City Posts: 167 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I know PWI made a change to goons, now they give 90% less exp. This is not going to stop the problem however. Since fixing it will not happen, what if we cut off the exp and allow them to be used to farm spirit? Spirit is absolutely harmless, its only uses being skills and genies. This is much less game breaking, and it would be damn helpful for higher levels who need spirit for sage/demon skills. If your not gonna fix it this seems like a good alternative.
Post edited by Evinerre - Lost City on

Comments

• rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    why are ppl saying goons give less exp? from everything i heard goons still give the same ammount of exp.
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    why are ppl saying goons give less exp? from everything i heard goons still give the same ammount of exp.

If i could find frankies post I'd show you. He said that they reduced it.
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If i could find frankies post I'd show you. He said that they reduced it.

frankie is a bad source of information. he has been wrong multiple times in the past and never gives full details to a situation.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I know PWI made a change to goons, now they give 90% less exp. This is not going to stop the problem however. Since fixing it will not happen, what if we cut off the exp and allow them to be used to farm spirit? Spirit is absolutely harmless, its only uses being skills and genies. This is much less game breaking, and it would be damn helpful for higher levels who need spirit for sage/demon skills. If your not gonna fix it this seems like a good alternative.

the one bad part i can think of is that if you can stockpile spirit like that, you can use it to make money off genies through exp cubes, or just an op genie, which is rather unfair
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankie is a bad source of information. he has been wrong multiple times in the past and never gives full details to a situation.

Well seeing as i don't do goons i couldn't tell you, but even if its not true i'd be happy with this solution.

@pyrostormz I just don't see people glitching for lots of spirit though. Most people on my server don't understand genie outside of mire/poison/ice anyways.
  • rainbowyoshii
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its a stupid solution tbh cuz it affects the ppl that do FF legitly aswell. they should just freakin fix the glitch altogether instead of being lazy and nerfing the exp it gives.
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    its a stupid solution tbh cuz it affects the ppl that do FF legitly aswell. they should just freakin fix the glitch altogether instead of being lazy and nerfing the exp it gives.

They never fix anything, look at the magic shell glitch.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not quite sure you got the concept of why "goons" aka spawning dragoons, were xp/sp nerfed to begin with. I don't think it was to give people who used this "exploit" (by their words) more incentive to do so after changing it to make it extremely less desirable. /facepalm

Just for argument's sake though, by the time you get to a level where taking down dragoons is cake, you already have an excessive amount of spirit (by my recollection, after learning base skills to max non-demon/sage, by 100 it's still in the 30-45m range). Let's be honest, it's to try and make 100/100 LP genies either for e-peen's sake or for making a profit by selling.
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What Janus said about genies is true. Maybe not 100/100, but 81/100+ is definitely going to make you quite a bit of coin.
  • Evinerre - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What Janus said about genies is true. Maybe not 100/100, but 81/100+ is definitely going to make you quite a bit of coin.

Well if they allow everyone to do it, everyone will have the ability to make one.
  • Futurelord - Dreamweaver
    Futurelord - Dreamweaver Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just for argument's sake though, by the time you get to a level where taking down dragoons is cake, you already have an excessive amount of spirit (by my recollection, after learning base skills to max non-demon/sage, by 100 it's still in the 30-45m range). Let's be honest, it's to try and make 100/100 LP genies either for e-peen's sake or for making a profit by selling.

You sir, i call B.S.
    As a lvl100 i've had to do FC legit several times to get enough spirit to level my skills to demon, and i still dont have enough for the final few+lvl100 skills.

Tell me to do FC "more" then a person can mentally tolerate and i will send you to the bottom of my home 'City of Plume" and watch you become soil and food.

P.S. the only people capable of aoeing goons to the point of making such a genie worth it (Since thats alot of spirit to burn/genies to make to get that lucky, minus repair bills, mana/hp cost, apoths, genie stamina.) are the people who are already rich enough to not need more money.
    b:scorn...We are one, We are many, We are watching you...b:scorn
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You sir, i call B.S.
    As a lvl100 i've had to do FC legit several times to get enough spirit to level my skills to demon, and i still dont have enough for the final few+lvl100 skills.

Tell me to do FC "more" then a person can mentally tolerate and i will send you to the bottom of my home 'City of Plume" and watch you become soil and food.

P.S. the only people capable of aoeing goons to the point of making such a genie worth it (Since thats alot of spirit to burn/genies to make to get that lucky, minus repair bills, mana/hp cost, apoths, genie stamina.) are the people who are already rich enough to not need more money.
    You can call it whatever you like, but here's the math:

Depending on whether or not you use quest sp or mob sp (0.2 or 0.25:1 of xp -- closer to 0.25 since most do FF 80+ -- and ignoring using brainpowers), you get..

60.725m - 75.906m spirit between 1 and 100.

All cleric demon skills+bb+rb+hour buffs+79 skills = 48m spirit. With 100 skills added that's 56m, even though both 100 cleric skills are a waste, as well as a number of sage/demon skills like BOTP/TB as well as bothering to get both VS/MS as a demon, can easily shave off 5-10m spirit from that by being logically picky.

Either way, you have 4-20m sp left over presuming you max out every single skill possible as a cleric, more if picky. Plus, from 100 to 101, you get another 13-20m spirit.

Seriously, don't need more.
    edited September 2011
    Options

Seekers can easily glitch with a +5 r8 wep, vacs, and bp. Not exactly the type of players that couldn't use a buck.

Now psychics can only do the glitch if they're OP geared. And r9 +12 barbs can nearly (if not completely) one shot goons with arma.

But of course what would I know, this is all just stuff that I hear from other people b:cute
    I am only level 100 after all b:sad
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    even though both 100 cleric skills are a waste.

I stopped reading there.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I stopped reading there.

Wow, you read a lot of his post then b:laugh
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow, you read a lot of his post then b:laugh

I know and I think it tainted me =/ Well I skipped the first few, he said math b:chuckle
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Vixre - Harshlands
    Vixre - Harshlands Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Sigh, it took me a while to realize you were talking about FC dragoons and not SA Goons. Got excited for nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]