New PVP Instance Suggestions

Options
Eilexa - Heavens Tear
Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
b:sweat Ok, so I'm not a PK'er, I am one you would call a "care bear"

I'm making this thread, because I tire of the pker's QQ'ing in the threads about how unfair it is that SP is being reverted from an open pk instance, when it was unfairly placed there. I believe they did not properly research the idea and probably should've made a thread first and see what everyone thought (the whole community). As such they just implemented the change and some pk'ers got super high on the instance and I can now understand that they dislike the fact that it's now being reverted. So there's no point in pointing fingers and such, we "care bears" got together and voiced our opinions etc and they are going to change it again. So now it's your time pkers to voice your opinions and suggestions about how and where they could put an open pvp instance.

From the threads about the SP being pk allowed and such, came some great ideas, I hope you guys will comment on this thread also. My thoughts are as follows: I fully support the idea of an open pk instance, if it's is outside questing areas and away from low levels, no one should be forced to pk, if you go there you go there to pk, so no one will have a right to QQ dying there if they had no other reason to be there other than to pk, I don't like the idea of it being the guild base either or Sadistic Glee (as there are quests in there too), another idea is if the pkers liked SP so much they could even mirror it and place it somewhere else - someone mentioned on an island near archo - I like that idea.

Ok so those are my thoughts, so now please go ahead and give constructive suggestions on a new PVP instance, and no QQ'ing here please b:chuckle
"Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
Post edited by Eilexa - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• rainbowlogic
    rainbowlogic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just an open area, with objects/rocks/nature w.e. and just let all blue name that want to pk without losing gear/dura etc pk there. F.E. look at Forsaken World, they have some days GT is open and some days not, why not make the TW map available from monday to thursday or something..

Just an idea b:surrender
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just an open area, with objects/rocks/nature w.e. and just let all blue name that want to pk without losing gear/dura etc pk there. F.E. look at Forsaken World, they have some days GT is open and some days not, why not make the TW map available from monday to thursday or something..

Just an idea b:surrender

I like, I've seen someone else also suggest the TW map open when TW is finished, I think's it's a great idea and then people could also practicise in the very place that TW would happen. b:victory

• Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver
    Flubble_Fox - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    another idea is if the pkers liked SP so much they could even mirror it and place it somewhere else - someone mentioned on an island near archo - I like that idea.

or could copy it and you get there via an option at the arena manager so anybody from any main town can go there quickly whenever they want
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:shocked tell those noobs there are TWO pvp serverb:shocked.

someone must inform the ignorant about the choices too that PPL can pk here after u reach lv30b:surrender
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

someone must inform the ignorant about the choices too that PPL can pk here after u reach lv30b:surrender

LOL true, but I also agree though that you have your guild and friends and all your gear etc already on your char on your current server, so it's not really an easy move. So I can understand why they are trying to make at least an area where pkers can go have fun...

Brainfart, mirror archosaur or make a new big city and place it somewhere, I think a whole big city that is pk enabled sounds like fun. Shouldn't be too hard to make...instead of making a new class city just make a new pk city, there's plenty of space on the map...not that I think is a great idea b:pleased

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Not everyone is thrilled about the idea of starting all over on a new server when there is the option of a penalty free pvp instance.

Personally, I think the fools should just open the arena that was used for the PWIC tourney try-out thingy.
  • Inflictia - Raging Tide
    Inflictia - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ha, you made me laugh again^^b:thanks
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I got it guys............................................

OHT. /end discussion
  • Tigerninja - Heavens Tear
    Tigerninja - Heavens Tear Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:victoryArena seemed to be a good place where you can PK. It's the place you land into after you talk to that 'Herc' NPC. It's not visited anyway.

But need to create an instance or spot where lag doesn't affect gameplay just like in Laggosaur...with its number of players and all. Because I bet SP became quite laggy with all PKers there. Like selection of instances/PK rooms. Well I guess main factions will choose their own rooms but it's fun.

My other suggestion to you guys, if you wanna PK for real, just go on PVP servers and stop QQ'ing about PK'ing in PVE servers!!! b:angryb:shutup
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:victoryArena seemed to be a good place where you can PK. It's the place you land into after you talk to that 'Herc' NPC. It's not visited anyway.

But need to create an instance or spot where lag doesn't affect gameplay just like in Laggosaur...with its number of players and all. Because I bet SP became quite laggy with all PKers there. Like selection of instances/PK rooms. Well I guess main factions will choose their own rooms but it's fun.

My other suggestion to you guys, if you wanna PK for real, just go on PVP servers and stop QQ'ing about PK'ing in PVE servers!!! b:angryb:shutup

What do you idiots not understand about the differences between this type of instance pvp and open world pvp?

I'm getting slightly irritated at the level of ignorance I am seeing today.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    LOL true, but I also agree though that you have your guild and friends and all your gear etc already on your char on your current server, so it's not really an easy move. So I can understand why they are trying to make at least an area where pkers can go have fun...

Brainfart, mirror archosaur or make a new big city and place it somewhere, I think a whole big city that is pk enabled sounds like fun. Shouldn't be too hard to make...instead of making a new class city just make a new pk city, there's plenty of space on the map...not that I think is a great idea b:pleased

Oh yeah, it should go like this: 'explorers found a new city (rather ancient ruined in rabbles) where they threw criminals from all races. etc... etc... etc... Then a rule: if you enter there, don't expect to come out alive unless you pay a certain amount of coins to tigerninja, who is the gatekeeper ;p' b:surrenderb:cry
  • hanfknolle
    hanfknolle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Put up and Container with 100x100meter and put all +10 and 12 geared ppl in there
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What do you idiots not understand about the differences between this type of instance pvp and open world pvp?

Please tell us this "difference"
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options

Please post some suggestions of how you would like the instance to be, I'm sure a mod or gm or dev would eventually stumble on this thread and think "hey there's some great ideas in here"

edited September 2011
    Options

it's a suggestion thread, you noob! who cares about pk anyway? pkers come here for QQ plz. noobs like you go away! shoosh!b:angry
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it's a suggestion thread, you noob! who cares about pk anyway? pkers come here for QQ plz. noobs like you go away! shoosh!b:angry

no QQ, suggestions please, no hate, this is supposed to be constructiveb:sad

edited September 2011
    Options
    no QQ, suggestions please, no hate, this is supposed to be constructiveb:sad

It's fine, I can't bring myself to do anything but go "D'awww" when i read that post. The way he writes is just ..so cuuute b:cute

Anyway let me get something straight. I have killed one person in SP the entire time it has been open as a pvp instance. Everyone seems to have wrongly assumed I sit there and camp noobs and PK all day. No. I killed on person, and he was a friend, and it was for fun.

Now do I really have to explain some of the major differences between safe instance pvp and open world pk? Surely you all have that level of basic knowledge o.O ?
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Options

Please tell us this "difference"
    Here's the basics. Whether the server is PvP or PvE makes almost no difference in this. (Where Tigerninja fails)
    The difference between the two is this....
    In open world PvP you have a choice. A. Play for free and have a chance to drop items or have gear shattered. B. Play for free, turn on safety lock and have a chance for gear to shatter. Just pray that you don't need to merchant during that time, and it takes 72 hours to revert it. C. Spend money on Guardian Scrolls, (whether in-game or RL), so that when you do get PK'ed, you won't lose items or have things shatter. Buy one scroll for every time you get killed.
    In the instanced PvP, it costs you nothing. You don't lose Experience. You don't drop items. Your gear doesn't shatter. AND IT'S FREE.

These facts are true no matter the type of server that you play on. Less people play on PvP servers because of the cost of guaranteeing that you don't lose items after 30. It's why I hardly play on Lost City now, it's simply cheaper to play on a PvE server.

People want the instance because they want Free PvP. It's a great idea, just don't put it where Blues can be attacked freely and don't put it where people are trying to do quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Here's the basics. Whether the server is PvP or PvE makes almost no difference in this. (Where Tigerninja fails)
    The difference between the two is this....
    In open world PvP you have a choice. A. Play for free and have a chance to drop items or have gear shattered. B. Play for free, turn on safety lock and have a chance for gear to shatter. Just pray that you don't need to merchant during that time, and it takes 72 hours to revert it. C. Spend money on Guardian Scrolls, (whether in-game or RL), so that when you do get PK'ed, you won't lose items or have things shatter. Buy one scroll for every time you get killed.
    In the instanced PvP, it costs you nothing. You don't lose Experience. You don't drop items. Your gear doesn't shatter. AND IT'S FREE.

These facts are true no matter the type of server that you play on. Less people play on PvP servers because of the cost of guaranteeing that you don't lose items after 30. It's why I hardly play on Lost City now, it's simply cheaper to play on a PvE server.

People want the instance because they want Free PvP. It's a great idea, just don't put it where Blues can be attacked freely and don't put it where people are trying to do quests.

+1 TY for suggesting

• Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    All the rant that's been coming up these past days had nothing to do with PvP instances per se, but just where they decided to put it. Let's say it was a very unfortunate idea, to say the least.

Now, about the new spot, I've read a lot of options, like Cave of Sadistic Glee ( wich, in fact is kind of the middle of nowhere, lol ) but why not just re-activate the arenas? Is it that hard to make them free PvP zone? I'm guessing that would be much easier than copy/pasting a new city, or even opening TW.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I can say that Cave of Sadistic Glee is a bad idea. There are still quests there, and there are still people playing the game that (like myself) enjoy getting all of their quests done. Not only are there at least two boss quests in there, but people now also receive blue and purple divine quests within. So, while they may not be low level players getting harrassed like in SP, you are still taking content away from the blue-name players that don't PK.

There are some other ideas, however. The best by far, and easiest I would think, would be to reactivate the arenas. I don't see any reason why this couldn't be done. If for some weird reason it couldn't be, they could copy another instance (they are good at the copy/paste of instances it seems) and set it aside as an open PK instance. I liked the TW map during non-TW times idea too. Or, as I suggested earlier, change Phoenix Valley. I never see anyone looking to go in there anymore; all the low levels that want to hyper just go into FF with friends or buy heads these days since PV is far, far less effective and basically a waste of time.

It comes down to this: it has to be a separate instance. Only that way can blue-name PVErs and people under 30 quest in peace. And anyone else that wanted to do open PK for fun or practice could do so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • cd813
    cd813 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Phoenix Valley. o.O
    Its free to tele in to, its already set for certain lvls, so pk would be fair.
  • ShannyChan - Raging Tide
    ShannyChan - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    cd813 wrote: »
    Phoenix Valley. o.O

+1
    like this one...there will be some fair fight and they get to kill mobs before they kill each other...how fun it is...b:victory
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well ideally the best choice would be a new instance, whether a clone of an existing one or reenabling the arena. But since the devs choose to simply convert SP to begin this experiment I am guessing they aren't interested in that much work.

So it comes down to the best current locations I would say Nightscream Island or Cave of Sadistic Glee. I know they both have a few quests in there but not too many and most people skip them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    cd813 wrote: »
    Phoenix Valley. o.O

Rejected.

Not everyone likes to pk. I'd rather just do what I have to do and move on about my business when doing PV on my noobs.

I won't be called a Carebear for nothing. b:chuckle

I think they should just open the arena and be done with it.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Rejected.

Not everyone likes to pk. I'd rather just do what I have to do and move on about my business when doing PV on my noobs.

I won't be called a Carebear for nothing. b:chuckle

I think they should just open the arena and be done with it.
    I can say that Cave of Sadistic Glee is a bad idea. There are still quests there,

Heavens tear people really love these quest things, the last quest I remember doing was kunkun (It never dies! =/) Then I never quested again. b:shedtear

(P.s no pvp ANYWHERE quests are there. pvp at west? QUESTS pvp at silver pool? QUESTS pvp at hidden orchid? QUESTS pvp at the weekly pvp event? QUESTS let me dig my chests in peace qq)
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited September 2011
    Options
    How about this? Get a quest from BH NPC to kill the top 5 pker's in each server. that will be challenging? XD b:victoryb:laugh
    edited September 2011
    Options
    +1 TY for suggesting

my bad? i don't see proper suggestion in that. it's just detailing how anti-pk QQ'ers feel.b:surrenderb:shutup
  • loshondarkbow
    loshondarkbow Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I don't think Glee, nor Nightscream would be a appropriate as it would not solve the problem there was/is with the previous selection of Secret Passage. I've several, several faction members (including my in-game wife/irl fiance) that have quests and/or bosses inside SP and soon, Nightscream.

Phoenix Valley does seem like a great choice as a replacement, as there are many who choose to zhen at either Rotten Flesh Trench or FC. I have TWed in the past, and that also is a great idea (though I do not see why both could not be implemented at same time). Kudos to those of ya'll that suggested them.
  • trixa11
    trixa11 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Since I already posted about how crazy it was to put a open pk area on a pve server where level 80+ people get to constantly kill level 29 or so people who are questing, is not a good idea to encourage new players to stay with pwi, I won't state the obvious again. In fact if dad hadn't bought new $10 pwi card after I bugged him for a week, I'd be downloading a new game, with NO PVP involved. If I wanted to pvp, I could play so many first person shooters for instance.

Obviously since this is my second post ever-it should indicate my disgust at the state of affairs, and the general disregard of PWI programmers: case in point:

"While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:"

POSITIVE ONE? LOL Yep level 100's constantly killing low levels is positive. Oh yes, you can use the stone in city (yep I was SOOOO rich at level 29, I could afford to teleport at 5K a pop (50,000 coin for Cain's Guards quest-only 1 guard per dungeon run.) Besides the illusion stone didn't reach the Warlocks, Dismal Shade, the Big Wolf thingy, the Artwork hidden in chest, the body of General Sung body, the Obisarn Guards or Flame devil thingies that are in the SP, and NOT in the dungeon) Sad thing is I've had Cain's Guards quest for so long I'm now level 55, and COULD solo it, IF I was ever able to get though secret passage without getting one shot.

Anyways like so many people have said, apparently there was a PWIC tournament that occured before my PWI joining date. That seems to be a good idea. Or maybe make a new Cube of Fate dungeon. (Call it Cube of PK). Or if the level 100's are so bored, make more new content for THEM? Heck make ALL the new content for them PK on constantly, just so they can find out how sick it is to be questing and BLAM, backstabbed by a pk'r.-and you can generate hundreds more forum pages of THEM qq'ing about not wanting to pvp on a pve server. (I'd love to see some of those PK'ers in SP on my server get constantly one shot, like how they do to us new players in SP.) Maybe put a rampaging level 1000 mob in that new Cube Of PK just so these bored level 100's can experience the pleasure of viewing loading screens, as they zone in, die, zone out back to town, like us low levels are currently experiencing in SP.

Someone suggested making west arch a pvp area... Not a good idea. On our server west city is the most populated place in game... Well, I'd just move my banking and daily divine contracts to south city I guess, since I DON'T pvp. (Seriously, I would have chosen a pvp server if I enjoyed pvp)

Since flying is now allowed in SP, I guess the programmers wanted to give the pvp people a flying area-so why not do it outside-or even better, once again, make a new dungeon, with TALLER CELIINGS? Personally I already think it's silly I have to fly to Arch-then drop 5K or a dungeon every time I want to do a dungeon. I think if the game wanted us to squad up more and play with other people, we could have a "Zone to dungeon" option become available when the squad hit 5-6 people. Do the same for squads who want to zone into this new PK dungeon. I have seen many groups have afk people due to waiting for others to get to dungeon, and one person somehow gets stuck outside, and reach group (omg respawns... yep we get a dungeon save, yet pwi cant keep track of the mobs that died-off topic sure, but?) (Maybe fix it so people who get disconnected dont get kicked from squad... especially since 90% of my DC's are caused by the game, NOT my internet connection-I monitor it, it my connection doesn't even dc or lag most time. So when my connection is solid, I KNOW the game has bugged causing the dc.) Or people in squad go afk while waiting for others to reach dungeon and fall asleep apparently, because they never come back to keyboard.

Surely the programmers at PWI can look at some of the player friendly ways other morpg games have addressed these issues and maybe use parts of these ideas. Like maybe they should have researched how the morpg community views pve and pvp issues? You could have hired one consultant to research public opinion maybe instead of paying SERVERAL programmers. Every company wants cost cutting ideas, so instead of letting the programmers run things (they make a "mistake" and charge you overtime to fix it-or waste several days fixing a problem THEY created). Pay ONE person less for research of other OLDER Morpg's forums and how they resolved these issues (consultants dont need university/years of programming to research public opinion polls online-heck, you probably could have volunteer players who would jump at the chance to help improve the game do this research for FREE.. Price tag: Consulting, possibly zero dollars... Price tag, fixing game after messing it up: serveral programmers pay).

Well great ideas all for making PK zones/dungeons. Wish I knew more about PWIC tournament, sounds like it is already programmed into game after all. Alas, I am just a new player to PWI, not even 2 months of play time, and don't know all the past details about how pvp was addressed in the past. I'm obviously soooo frustrated at viewing loading screens twice every time I try to solve my BH29 quests, as evidenced my my verbose letter posted here.