Server Dying? No Balance?

Mailu - Harshlands
Mailu - Harshlands Posts: 9 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hi
Im playing on Harshlands since July 2010.
I remember how many People were playing at this time.
All the time was PVP on 3 Spots,
Archo was full of Catshops and the Goldprice was on 400k.
We had from time to time a Big SALE in Cashshop and all were happy because of that.

Now one Year later:
The most People who i know dont play anymore and i see the halt Player on server than 2010.
PVP? hm, i tryed to find a PVP spot but im staying **** there or with 2 Other People...
In Archo are the Half Catshops than last year and the Cashprice is on 1,5Mil.
And we have all the time to much Sales on Cashshops all the time -.- ALL THE TIME!!!!

The fun is gone and i think about leaving server too. But i Love this game.
Is the server dying?
Can you say that we have balance on pwi if the SIN farming all the time solo TTs and Nirvanas and all other Classes cant do anything?

(sry for my english b:chuckle )

Plz do anything! Dont let die PWI...
Post edited by Mailu - Harshlands on

Comments

• NASCARASSASN - Lost City
    NASCARASSASN - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's the game not the server.

Lost City is suffering from all of the above.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It appears PWI is making a cash grab before the game complety fizzles out.

They have allowed the frost glitch to continue because it gets people to lvl 100/101 so they will spend money on R8 and R9

Either two things will happen.

1. They will continue to push people hard to the cash shops and make as much money as quickly as possible and let the game die a quick death over the next year.

2. They will reinvest some of the money they are making into a solid expansion that adds some balance, 10-20 more levels and high-end content. This will extend the life of the game for another 3-5 years.
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    its not only server
    its not only pwi
    it happens to most f2p mmorpgs because most companies follow the 'greedy' route and pwi doesnt do anything to make this game fun for old players and its impossible to be a good one for the newcomers if they dont spend $$
    but but but
    i have to say something positive
    pwi is still one of the elite if you look at cash shop
    you dont even have to buy mats or any kind of tickets to open farming instances
    you can just buy your stuff
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think your question answers why PWE has their lips up to their bum right now over the SP blunder. Fewer people wish to PVP they would rather just harass low level players and make themselves feel good. PVP can be quite fun but it takes work and clearly this game prefers to reward those who exploit the game and buy their way to the top over the players who prefer to do a little work and earn it.

And its sad seeing the few people who support this harassment and call it PVP doing so much crying on the threads were players have actual complaints about the change. I read many very educated well thought out arguments against the PK in SP and in return we see childish players who embrace the exploits and arent willing to actually put any effort into the game cry cause people dont like the change. Even more funny are the number of players crying cause they cant PVP on a PVE server. DUH!

Thanks for the original post here because it shows PVE their plan to promote PVP is a total failure as they once again just want to promote harassment and not true PVP.
  • Fulcanelli - Raging Tide
    Fulcanelli - Raging Tide Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »

They have allowed the frost glitch to continue because it gets people to lvl 100/101 so they will spend money on R8 and R9

1. They will continue to push people hard to the cash shops and make as much money as quickly as possible and let the game die a quick death over the next year.

2. They will reinvest some of the money they are making into a solid expansion that adds some balance, 10-20 more levels and high-end content. This will extend the life of the game for another 3-5 years.

+1

hope that pwe don't let die this game b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We all know nothing will be change. Only new and cheaper packs will come out. That's all. Management of this game is very,very poor and greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with mumintroll. People expect PWE to step up their game and fix things but that will never happen. PWE's thought process: Broken+Anniversary Pack sale=Fixed.
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with mumintroll. People expect PWE to step up their game and fix things but that will never happen. PWE's thought process: Broken+Anniversary Pack sale=Fixed.

Wich is sad, because I've had a lot of fun playing the game.... not so much these days, where everything can be bought.

I'm ok with buying clothes, mounts, even gear ( yes even R9 ), but now you can buy levels too, wich means the only thing that could be seen as an acomplishment is for sale too.

But the worst of it all is that it's bought by glitching. The Gm's know it, the dev's know it too, and even tho it's clearly against the TOS nothing will ever happen to the glitchers.

And that's really sad b:sad
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rgog wrote: »

People have been saying this exact thing since anniversary packs first came out. That has to mean something

Edit: Except for that bit about FC glitch and R8/9, of course.
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the FC Glitch is pretty telling, this glitch had a huge impact on how quickly you could level and reach 100/101 - you don't need to know any programming to realize there were many ways to patch it instantly, espeically considering the boss itself was not a very important part of the instance.

My guess is that PWI will raise the level cap to 110 or 120 and add in a couple of new sets of rank gear. They will probably convert an instance or two to accomodate higher levels (cave a sadistic glee is probably one) and maybe even add in a new instance. Rep levels of 400k and 500k will be added as will mats from the cash shop to attain the new rank gear, this will keep them chugging along and making profit for another 12-18 months.
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If these last few posts are right, that PWC is making moves to add more levels, keep the FC glitch as is, and continue to totally **** and prevent old school play, I will not only continue to not buy zen, but I will switch over to a paid game. I always thought subscription games or pay up front games were too expensive, but after getting sucked into this F2P game only to be fooled into spending 2 to 3 times on zen what a subscription would have cost, I am ready to do so. After seeing how awful a game can become when everything is for sale, I can now see the value of a paid for game, where it is all about leveling and teaming.

Just look at world chat now, nothing but FC glitch and heads. Getting FB's and BH's done takes hours to find a full team now if you are lucky.

I can think of two big name pay to play titles that are set to start in the coming months, so I may just watch the train wreck here till they go gold and I can go somewhere where leveling means something.
    Just some guy
  • NecroKitty - Harshlands
    NecroKitty - Harshlands Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All the world chat about 5 aps this and 4/5 aps that has dampened my spirits. Not to mention R9 this and +10 link weapon that, doesn't help to make me feel like even trying to get in a squad for anything.

I'll keep playing the game as long as the server is open, but not sure ill shead a tear if it does. I will miss my characters but i think at the same time i will feel set free form the game, if that makes any sense.

Looking back I think this game would have been better off if FC was never added.
  • Mailu - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    All the world chat about 5 aps this and 4/5 aps that has dampened my spirits. Not to mention R9 this and +10 link weapon that, doesn't help to make me feel like even trying to get in a squad for anything.

I'll keep playing the game as long as the server is open, but not sure ill shead a tear if it does. I will miss my characters but i think at the same time i will feel set free form the game, if that makes any sense.

I feel the self... I have r9. But i cant go in normal Nirvana... (Yes i know i can go in Caster Nirv. Hehe its realy a nice idea this nirvana but all who was testing it know that its not realy a big help. the segregation of classes is bigger than bevore)
    No GV! Im a AOE Char!
    But People want see all on +12 and than they maaaybe will think about it.

The teamfeeling is gone here... The APS chars can all alone and they do it .

Oh and the new Orb sale (+11, +12) show that the server want fast make money before it going down.. Im desperate
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The game is dead till they remove 5.0 aps. Nuff said. Perfect world Assasin and Blademaster international.b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle.

=p.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    you contributed to game death by being a Broken Class.
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    agreed we never needed fishies to begin with b:bye.

and badmurton wtf have u told ppl about my faction ur telling lies b:angry u dont even knew us to even say anything.

u dont like a barb faction and ur jeleusb:shutup fine but dont go out telling lies
  • Kanetsidohi - Archosaur
    Kanetsidohi - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi, i'm wondering because of a couple of posts I saw on wc. A sin made a whole sin squad because there are so many sins, he couldn't get into a squad. I saw pics of a whole 100+ cleric squad! Very pretty while all of them storming.

So, if I want to do some instances later, do I need a sin in my squad or any other class works? Because I've read complains from venos about not getting invites, can't they make whole veno squads?

I mean, the fact that a sin can solo some instances doesnt mean we can't make squads of our own (with what others may consider fail gear or weapon), and have fun in the process???

There's a protocol to be followed? I'm very curious about it.

Thx!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    ppl tipical wana do it as fast as possible and sin party does this i hate the mentality and i full support aps nurf no matter how it might affect ather classes.

Its game breaking and made many classes useless and is why u can now make a caster Nv
    to let caster classes (psy wiz veno) we able to compete.

Ppl will tell u reroll and make a farmer class (sin/bm) but that mentality is in itself broken.
    its does nothing but produces elitism wish in this game is absurd.

APS nurf anybodyb:shutup
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Hi, i'm wondering because of a couple of posts I saw on wc. A sin made a whole sin squad because there are so many sins, he couldn't get into a squad. I saw pics of a whole 100+ cleric squad! Very pretty while all of them storming.

So, if I want to do some instances later, do I need a sin in my squad or any other class works? Because I've read complains from venos about not getting invites, can't they make whole veno squads?

I mean, the fact that a sin can solo some instances doesnt mean we can't make squads of our own (with what others may consider fail gear or weapon), and have fun in the process???

There's a protocol to be followed? I'm very curious about it.

Thx!

I follow my own protocol wich is... try to have fun, enjoy the game :)

A all-veno squad? sounds fun, and why not? Worst thing that could happen is a squad wipe, but, if you're having fun, does it really matter?
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I follow my own protocol wich is... try to have fun, enjoy the game :)

A all-veno squad? sounds fun, and why not? Worst thing that could happen is a squad wipe, but, if you're having fun, does it really matter?
    This exactly.
    And for the record the majority of my friends have main or alt Venomancer. Ever since the first day I've played somehow I tend to befriend Venomancers more often (or my friends, the ones met before PWI, tend to have the same preferences as me). I've had and have full Venomancer squads very often. It's really fun b:chuckle

The game is what you make it be. You can choose to work or play it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
    edited September 2011
    Thx you very much for your answers. Fun is the most important thing to me, and I don't really care if it takes two or three hours to complete an instance. The most fun I've had has been with low lvl squads where all of us has to fight as mads to not get killed. b:laugh

I hope to find a friendly faction, or a bunch of people, that thinks the same.

b:thanks
  • Krel - Heavens Tear
    Krel - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mmo games are all alike,just a one way ticket to nowhere,afking,boredom,rinse and repeat activities.
    I luv my luvsalotb:dirty

Fear Me:I will and can unleash my true demon forum troll from at anytime..so beware.

Im A wizzie with godly looks and your all jealousb:bye
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The game is very unbalanced, no one can deny that at this point, but its still totally playable, it just depends on your definition of what playable is. My gear by today's standard is is just mediocre( 95 leaf, arch angel/tt90 etc) but i still have fun in the game. Im primarily a cata cleric so even with all the r9 sins out there i still have fun sealing and healing in tw(all you really have to do is ig or sutra and the r9 people in your faction will take care of them for you lol)

Aside from that i have several low to mid level alts, and i enjoy playing them. Actually doing my bh's and the occasional zhen party its actually fun and somewhat challenging if you dont take along a lvl 100 in the dungeon with you to solo everything. Hell i just did bh39 with just my mystic and my boyfriends seeker, it took about an hour and a half and a stupid amount of focus powders and mp pots but it was fun to push our lvl 51 nabblets as hard as we could. So many people oracle and jfc from 1-100 and then complain about how theres nothing to do, well thats what you get when you skip 95% of the content in a week.
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    So many people oracle and jfc from 1-100 and then complain about how theres nothing to do, well thats what you get when you skip 95% of the content in a week.

I agree, and I hope this mean that when pwi actually dies (because everything ends at some point), I'd still be completing quests and having fun so, they'd have to kick me out to shut down the server, or just cut the power to get rid of me!! b:chuckle
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    So many people oracle and jfc from 1-100 and then complain about how theres nothing to do, well thats what you get when you skip 95% of the content in a week.

QFT

Those are the insta R9's that go in SP oneshooting lvl 20-30's to showoff how awesome they are, lol
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ppl tipical wana do it as fast as possible and sin party does this i hate the mentality and i full support aps nurf no matter how it might affect ather classes.

Its game breaking and made many classes useless and is why u can now make a caster Nv
    to let caster classes (psy wiz veno) we able to compete.

Ppl will tell u reroll and make a farmer class (sin/bm) but that mentality is in itself broken.
    its does nothing but produces elitism wish in this game is absurd.

APS nurf anybodyb:shutup

I am with you on that.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mailu - Harshlands
    edited September 2011
    I Love my Psy !!!
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This thread again.....................You know if I had a penny for every time I have seen a thread saying the server is dying I would have well over a thousand dollars by now b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SweeTarts - Dreamweaver
    SweeTarts - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Probably too late now, but a "start at level 100" server would be perfect for these ppl. Let them skip all the lower levels, buy whatever gear they want, and PK each other.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    they would qq cos that would we a empty server.
    if it was a good way for the devs to make money it would arlredy been out but me gues even they dont see a future with this fc noobsb:chuckle