R9 For Bm?

Options
kgmany702
kgmany702 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Blademaster
well title says all should i get r9 or stick with nirvana gear? what are con/pro for r9 for bm?
Post edited by kgmany702 on

Comments

• ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Uhh, they don't have int on r9. But if you could still have -.4 int with 1 or 2 pieces of r9m then it would be boss.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't waste any money on r9... The trend seems that thay are trying to squeeze out the -int deal. So best bet is stick with nirvana, and see what they have instore for the future.

Beside since they screwed the BM class by fixing a 4+ year old CC abilty on BM skills, you are reduced to nothing but a stun-monkey for all the other OP classes to kill... You really dont need OP 2k USD gears to roar and then die.
  • kgmany702
    edited June 2011
    Options
    well i was thinking wat if a mix nirv/R9 lyk this right here
    http://pwcalc.com/
    i now am giving up some aps but do u think this could work? i plan to get this end game gear i know it will take a while to get but do u think this can work? or wat about this?
    http://pwcalc.com/

or should i just get full nirvana mixed with LK gear? for 3.33 or 4 interval gear?
  • kgmany702
    edited June 2011
    Options
    srry for post up there
    this is the link
    http://pwcalc.com/b376fc2795477a3a
    and this one
    http://pwcalc.com/ae6606c14d7e2789
    do you think these could work or should i roll full nirvana gear mixed with tt99 gear for good aps?
  • brent40
    brent40 Posts: 49
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If you gonna spend all that money on axes, might as well go full r9, if you can achieve the fists, then keeping all -int gears possible.

r9 for BMs just a shaft.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well this here would be your ideal set up:

Fists
    Axes
    PvE

The armour in axes isn't a must although you may aswell get the rest of rank 9 if you can afford all that. Only get 3.33/4 aps anything lower with claws is a waste end game. Note: these builds are mere dreams to most :|

Oh, also now that you can cc cyclone... 3.33 sucks

EDIT: Added the pve build
  • Ohaider - Dreamweaver
    Ohaider - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    R9 > all for TW and Group PVP, getting r9 doesn't mean u cant use int gear in pve, you would simply just be carrying two sets of gear with you.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    R9 on any other class > all for TW and Group PVP, getting r9 doesn't mean u cant use int gear in pve, you would simply just be carrying two sets of gear with you.

If your going to buy full rank 9 just go roll a Psy ffs.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ohaider - Dreamweaver
    Ohaider - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If your going to buy full rank 9 just go roll a Psy ffs.

He's talking about a BM, obviously casters will do more dmg as r9 in TW, But as a blademaster, nothing beats full r9 for TW or group PVP
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shure things beat it, Its called every other rank 9 in game.

Seriously do not go rank 9 on a bm. Its like buying stocks in a newspaper, a few old folks still use it but a few years from now even the few holdouts will be wrapped in their ecxess papers and thrown into the woods for the wolves to devour.

death = leaveing pwi
    extra paper = the 1.5 billion coin used for rank 9
    wolves = PWI devs shoveign your money into cake frosted ***** thongs.

Seriously why pertend the class is even semi usefull anymore?

However if you for some reason enjoy being a gimp, Heres a ball gag and some leather, use the 1.5k to buy a good Dom cut out the middle man so to speak. Unless she likes to double book.
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Can you supply us with any reasoning behind why a R9 BM would suck so bad? Maybe some comparisons and stuff. I was playing around with the idea, and this looks pretty beast in a TW to me http://pwcalc.com/2af01f2953adafd3
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    BM job in TW = run stun die, you dont need rank 9 for that and all that thuper gear does is make you a focus fire target

In other words the impact on your play is minimal while the same coin could be used to make a TW swinging archer/wiz/psy or a catta barb (said barb would also do better in 1v1 pvp nowdays)
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    BM job in TW = run stun die, you dont need rank 9 for that and all that thuper gear does is make you a focus fire target

In other words the impact on your play is minimal while the same coin could be used to make a TW swinging archer/wiz/psy or a catta barb (said barb would also do better in 1v1 pvp nowdays)

if you do get rank 9 dont get the full set, theres plenty to focus on besides the initial gear, i.e sharding, refines, etc....
    my ideal BM gear is-
    this is with buffs
    http://pwcalc.com/d414f7df25d87513
    http://pwcalc.com/af2cd53fe1475d16

this build has high survivability, 5 aps, and can use both end game weps for fist and axes (pole too).
  • Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver
    Drunken_Chu - Dreamweaver Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think that's still viable for TW then. Cuz with 18k pdef and edef, 25k hp, and 70 def levels, you will run in stun and NOT die, and a highland cleave zerk crit would rock people's world.. And if you become a high profile target and focus fired, that gives all your other dds in TW free reign to slay stuff.

Studmuffin with 3k accuracy good luck hitting sins/archers/bms
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I think that's still viable for TW then. Cuz with 18k pdef and edef, 25k hp, and 70 def levels, you will run in stun and NOT die, and a highland cleave zerk crit would rock people's world.. And if you become a high profile target and focus fired, that gives all your other dds in TW free reign to slay stuff.

Studmuffin with 3k accuracy good luck hitting sins/archers/bms

3K accuracy is plenty dude and if your talking TW wise then demon roar of pride ftw!
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well this here would be your ideal set up:

Fists
    Axes
    PvE

This.

Its nice to find a BM that actually pays attention. G13 cape, HA belt, 2 pieces LA for PvE, JoSD instead of Vit sharding,... all pretty perfect. Nice to find a BM actually paying attention despite it being said 1000 times.

Only things I'd change is swap the lunar ring for Sky Cover ring if we're going fantasy builds, and have Seal of Eternal Solitude on hotkey for magic mobs. Also land dex on 200 or 203 if Regicides.

Ultimately, I'd say go with the fist build and have TT99 LA wrists and LA Boots on hotkey until you are in a permaspark situation (bosses/Vana). That way you'd be 4.0 for mobs but hotkey over to better PvE defenses for bosses. Also you'd have higher mdef for the PvP surprise gank from casters.

http://pwcalc.com/301d227016a52840 <<this is the "fixed" although all I changed was Sky cover ring, fixed dex, and self buffed. Suggest LA boots, wrists, and CoA all on hotkey. Thats my endgame.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    this is the instance where

if you are interested with -int with rank 9
    you are better off going Barb instead of BM?
    Archers can go 5aps spark with r9-1 piece too if that isnt your thing.

the 2 class are the only ones that get -int in their armor pieces, correct me if i am wrong.

PVE in LA set, having 2 same area piece of TT99 seem a huge waste when you got rank 9.
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • RioNHale - Archosaur
    RioNHale - Archosaur Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I like this for bm - http://pwcalc.com/fd3e07f6609a3ccf o_o
    ★Immunity is an Arch Server TW Faction. If you want to join Apply @ immunity.shivtr.com★ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Inactive 19 Sept 2011-
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shure things beat it, Its called every other rank 9 in game.

Seriously do not go rank 9 on a bm. Its like buying stocks in a newspaper, a few old folks still use it but a few years from now even the few holdouts will be wrapped in their ecxess papers and thrown into the woods for the wolves to devour.

death = leaveing pwi
    extra paper = the 1.5 billion coin used for rank 9
    wolves = PWI devs shoveign your money into cake frosted ***** thongs.

Seriously why pertend the class is even semi usefull anymore?

However if you for some reason enjoy being a gimp, Heres a ball gag and some leather, use the 1.5k to buy a good Dom cut out the middle man so to speak. Unless she likes to double book.

It's funny to see your morph from all-path bm to pure interval monkey.

Highly refined R9 axes can 1-2 shot most players.

b:bye

edit: It's also funny to see you talk about TW like you're pro. 6 months ago you had no interval and didn't tw. lol
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It's funny to see your morph from all-path bm to pure interval monkey.

Highly refined R9 axes can 1-2 shot most players.

b:bye

edit: It's also funny to see you talk about TW like you're pro. 6 months ago you had no interval and didn't tw. lol

lets give the rank 9 axe 20k base, 5k through pvp reduction, 1.25k per hit after 75% phys def (pretty much the average for a +10 arcane at 101), on a full JOSD oponent your attack levels are just about negated. So base only a zerk crit is 5k on the average endgame rank k if your full axe full rank 9. Actual base damage with rank 9 is 16-17k high end. With both skill and weapon add damage the highest "base" you'll get on a hit is 25-26k off drake bash before you bring that up (1.625k after reductions). Stone barrier, w/e the mystic buff is, cleric buffs, bell or LA/HA armor all further lower this damage. No unless your out smacking **** geared folks rank 9 axes will not be a godly killing machine. You'll need HF/spark to kill and have a very limited amount of chi.

The only time axes will be more effective on an equaly refines oponent is when your smacking/raying em to try and kill a runner or vs a rank 9 psy. So yes i promote fists in pvp, and always have. Because Flailing wildly while quickly running out of chi praying for back to back crit zerks isnt my thing.

2ish years ago I sat down worked out the math and had my full endgame pvp/pve build and tactics planed out. The only changes that happened were JOSD's with their intro to the game, vana gear, rank axes/vana axes over g 13 zerk. Guess what? Never had any issues with the build tactics worked great for me in pvp. 2 years later. So ya, I've been a "pro" bm from level 50ish. I know your kinda slow so I'll simplify that. Camping lowbies or total idiots isnt pk its kill count fapping. Its not my fault you learned the class at 100.
  • Gilforin - Lost City
    Gilforin - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    CALVIN Plz post here you have full r9. you can make the better coment because you realy pvp a lot.

Like pvp vs full r9 jades players like KindaBusy, Archevil, Superhands, ect ect ..

Please give your feed back dude. -b:surrender
    i WENT TO TIJUANA, HAD A FEW DRINKS AND THE NEXT DAY MY BOLIS WAS BURNING WAAAb:cry
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Necro necro, but there is something that's been bothering me and I guess I don't have to make my own thread about it. I want to know how full R9 BM does, damage wise, against other full R9+10 to +12 classes. I've seen R9 wiz one shot a full R9 Archer with Stone Rain... I believe it was +12 weapon vs full +10 to +12 armor/ornaments. As of right now, my +10 GoF Nirvana axes just tickle them... with spamming Expel and kiting, I just can't get through their charm, so I have to resort back to fists to bypass. I just want to know if with full R9, gaining 60 something attack levels and assume I don't fail at BM, will I be able to kill other highly refined full R9 with my +12 axes?
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Necro necro, but there is something that's been bothering me and I guess I don't have to make my own thread about it. I want to know how full R9 BM does, damage wise, against other full R9+10 to +12 classes. I've seen R9 wiz one shot a full R9 Archer with Stone Rain... I believe it was +12 weapon vs full +10 to +12 armor/ornaments. As of right now, my +10 GoF Nirvana axes just tickle them... with spamming Expel and kiting, I just can't get through their charm, so I have to resort back to fists to bypass. I just want to know if with full R9, gaining 60 something attack levels and assume I don't fail at BM, will I be able to kill other highly refined full R9 with my +12 axes?

Atm I am only 3 pieces R9, but against other SELF BUFFED full R9 classes like archers/mages, 2-3K damage is common 4-6k crits/zerks and 8-12k zerk crits, and my R9 axes are only +10, not +12. Damage is halved when full buffed, but you get the gist of it, the damage and defense is better than fists. My g15 fists only hit them for like 400-500.. But axe DPH damage can kill them by bypassing charm tick.

I upgraded from my GoF +10 NV axes to R9 axes +10, and the damage boost is epic. I left my GoF NV axes on my barb to rot, but it was worth the upgrade to get the R9. Imagine wearing 2 more jones blessings on your BM, yeah, that damage is insane.

It put a serious dent in my merchant investment funds, but it was well worth it to go from NV to R9, the attack level is what makes or breaks your damage, not the GoF. Only took a billion coin loss to realize the significance of the upgrade, NV axes can't kill anything R9 lol, fists aren't as great either without the DPH bypassing charm tick.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • EndlessDark - Harshlands
    EndlessDark - Harshlands Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, with that said i have to wonder your equipment set-up aside from axes. Also your damage on HA characters. were the other +10'd garnet gems or jades? and your fists were/aps? Sorry but i still have a hard time finding axes as a viable weapon to kill at endgame. Or were you switching between weapons? ( i cant stand single weapon players).
    Sooo...yeah.
  • Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary
    Fresh_Corpse - Sanctuary Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, with that said i have to wonder your equipment set-up aside from axes. Also your damage on HA characters. were the other +10'd garnet gems or jades? and your fists were/aps? Sorry but i still have a hard time finding axes as a viable weapon to kill at endgame. Or were you switching between weapons? ( i cant stand single weapon players).
    Sooo...yeah.

Top of page, Math, Its good.

As far as I know the dan and most other rank 9 hybrid bm's on sanc still get their 1v1 kills with fists. the dan has a set of +12 g 15 and tt 100 fists.

However rank 9 zerk+crit is still damn sexy when it hits and the axes are your only real way to fight psys at endgame.

Or do what I'm workign on and go get a usefull endgame class rank 9.
    I give up on beign a blademaster. Gonna go wave my tranny **** around and pew pew.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hi folks, im here only to put out my opinion on what im doing with my built.

Okay, there's one thing i dont like on R9, it doesn't have any int attributes on it.

However, as a sage BM you can use 1 R9 part and have 5 aps.

http://pwcalc.com/c4bb5bef01367640 < example

This is going to be my endgame built, yes i will use o'malleys blessing instead of jones and full DoT my gear, being a sage BM.

Also gonna put a genie skill called Frenzy (or Enrage) wich will boost my atk lvl to 60.

Decent str, DD fists, defenses and good atk lvl should be the deal for this APS gear.

Now moving to axes;

http://pwcalc.com/19aff96bdda69f17

There's no big change in there as you can see but i still got the 2'nd R9 item wich will grant me 30 atk lvl boost (only weapon addon) and +10 def lvl boost (2 piece addon)

Well, if you ask my opinion, this built should work well for the Sage BM's, we do have the DPS, we have the good Aoe's and we defo have the sage masteries/spark.

Also you can see this is a PVE built, combined with good str add and a decent amount of HP.
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    This is the only thing a sage bm should invest in:

http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/28036
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Why do people think it's impossible to change between armours? You don't need int gear with axes.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    With up-coming rerolls for R9, you can probably get int on R9 armor anyways.
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    With up-coming rerolls for R9, you can probably get int on R9 armor anyways.

Sorce? I'm late.
This discussion has been closed.