Frost is more glitched from being fixed O.~

Ois - Lost City
Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Chronicles
Many people in world chat are saying that if a person DCs in a frost party everyone gets booted from the instance.

Good job PW. I'd expect nothing less from you.

Oh and P.S. the glitch still works
Post edited by Ois - Lost City on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They're on a roll this month, aren't they?

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • stephy16
    stephy16 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It Just happened to me b:angry
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    They're on a roll this month, aren't they?

b:surrender

Yeah this is what happens when you hire Walmart greeters as developers. b:surrender
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yeah this is what happens when you hire Walmart greeters as developers. b:surrender
    Agree'd.

I miss the Archosaur team of devs. They're probably slamming their heads in car doors over how badly the new devs are breaking their game.

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • NASCARASSASN - Lost City
    NASCARASSASN - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh my god I can't even do normal frost.

this game is a jokeb:angry
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Hey hey hey hey hey! Hey. b:angry

Don't be dissin' on Walmart greeters like that. Comparing them to PWE's development team is just...not right.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Hey hey hey hey hey! Hey. b:angry

Don't be dissin' on Walmart greeters like that. Comparing them to PWE's development team is just...not right.
    b:laugh
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Many people in world chat are saying that if a person DCs in a frost party everyone gets booted from the instance.

Is it if anyone DCs, or just the squad leader?

Also, is it from DC only, or will a person manually leaving squad have the same effect?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toast223
    toast223 Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    oh noes fc glitched? no more fc? oh noes there is nothing else to do
    unistallb:bye no fcb:cry
    patchnote:

Frostcovered City
    We were able to implement a fix to an exploit with our last patch. We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to address any further issues concerning this dungeon.

lmfao this is what devs and gms should do
    MONITOR the situation
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    trolololol good job PWE. so which is worst in PW - no fix or fix?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Fix it until it's worse.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Good job PW. I'd expect nothing less from you.

Oh and P.S. the glitch still works

I was in a squad of 2 so I could open and the other person left. I wasn't booted.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Ois - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Is it if anyone DCs, or just the squad leader?

Also, is it from DC only, or will a person manually leaving squad have the same effect?

I don't know what triggers it but it seems like if anyone DCs. Could be wrong.
    I was in a squad of 2 so I could open and the other person left. I wasn't booted.

Seems to be with disconnecting not leaving squad. Don't have a lot of info but ask in WC if you think it's a joke. >.>
  • Elstraya - Heavens Tear
    Elstraya - Heavens Tear Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    toast223 wrote: »
    lmfao this is what devs and gms should do
    MONITOR the situation

They only said they would monitor it...not actually fix anything lol.
    Just like they monitored the original glitch for months on end while 100's of people abused it.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They only said they would monitor it...not actually fix anything lol.
    Just like they monitored the original glitch for months on end while 100's of people abused it.

We requested a fix as soon as we found out about it, the only "monitoring" of this event was done in horror.
  • Zylor - Harshlands
    Zylor - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So, is the glitch still working, with the same exact experience from the mob? b:sad

I thought you guys had it fixed? b:shocked
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is what happens when you hire grade school dropouts as devs.

I shouldn't say that, the kids would get offended if they heard me...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zylor - Harshlands
    Zylor - Harshlands Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Maybe they implemented a way to check on further users of the glitch, and they are now
    checking whoever is doing it b:chuckle
    And fix it in a few days, when they get someone to punish about it b:laugh
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sorry it was mistake in patch text. It was NOT fix. Correct word is defix. b:chuckle
    Sincerely frankie.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We requested a fix as soon as we found out about it, the only "monitoring" of this event was done in horror.

I guess this bug affected every servers, not just the US ones, right?

On a game like WoW or Guild Wars, such a bug would be fixed in a matter of hours, or maybe days, and something would be put in place to prevent players from abusing it, and punishing those who abused it knowingly.

Can you explain us why :

1 - This bug has been going on for months now without a fix?

2 - Nothing was put in place to prevent players from abusing it while you were waiting for a fix?

3 - The bug abusers were never punished for knowingly using a bug?

Shall I remind you about the ToS you guys appears to be so worried about?
    11-(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear
    Lady_buffer - Heavens Tear Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011

On a game like WoW or Guild Wars, such a bug would be fixed in a matter of hours, or maybe days, and something would be put in place to prevent players from abusing it, and punishing those who abused it knowingly.

Can you explain us why :

2 - Nothing was put in place to prevent players from abusing it while you were waiting for a fix?

so true. i would do almost anything for the old devs to come back. the existence of ANY bug should be stomped ASAP. this is the first mmo i seen where bugs can run rampant for months>_>. now the game is stuck to quite a few level 105s no doubt. EPIC FAIL
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Signature says it all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Signature says it all.

I like it. b:laugh

I didn't have any problems with this in the frost I was just in on my barb.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Can you explain us why :

Ok here is the deal. PWC appears to have chosen to maximize the profits they can squeeze more out of what is essentially a dead product. They moved future development resources to other titles and now see any work on PW as a loss to the bottom line. Some bean counter has decided that since end game FC leveled cash shoppers spend more money than old school levelers, they continue to develop cash shop packages to take their money. They really like the idea of these new type of players. Immature people with more wallet than attention span will spend large sums of cash to skip all the time consuming 'playing' parts just so they can get to the end levels where they can buy the most expensive gear which they spend a few weeks strutting around Arch in before quitting. This makes the bean counters happy as they just cleared $5k to $10k with zero support costs since the players leave. They may actually hoping most of the player base quits as they plan on shutting this game down sometime. They won't admit it though as they want you to keep buying zen until the last day.

FC glitch is nothing new in the MMORPG world. Anarchy Online was once a thriving SF themed MMO that ended up with the same 'we will look the other way' glitching so paying players could get to end game quickly. There were certain areas and mobs that could be glitched at various levels. Lots of other things got fixed, and lots of people were reported but AO never fixed the code and did nothing to the practitioners. Most honest players at first could not believe this was going on, but eventually everyone realized how prevalent the problem because you could not find anyone to team with due to the fact that so many people skipped all of that via the glitches. That was the start of the death spiral as that is when the honest players started leaving in droves, further making finding teams that much harder. That game may have made a few more quick bucks but now the game is a burned out husk, with only a handful of hold outs wandering mostly vacant servers.
    Just some guy
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Lol, That's exactly what we PvE Server players are doing now about your SP update.

Now we all multitasking :)

b:bye
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
  • lordrainbow
    lordrainbow Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol pwi
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok here is the deal. PWC appears to have chosen to maximize the profits they can squeeze more out of what is essentially a dead product. They moved future development resources to other titles and now see any work on PW as a loss to the bottom line. Some bean counter has decided that since end game FC leveled cash shoppers spend more money than old school levelers, they continue to develop cash shop packages to take their money. They really like the idea of these new type of players. Immature people with more wallet than attention span will spend large sums of cash to skip all the time consuming 'playing' parts just so they can get to the end levels where they can buy the most expensive gear which they spend a few weeks strutting around Arch in before quitting. This makes the bean counters happy as they just cleared $5k to $10k with zero support costs since the players leave. They may actually hoping most of the player base quits as they plan on shutting this game down sometime. They won't admit it though as they want you to keep buying zen until the last day.

FC glitch is nothing new in the MMORPG world. Anarchy Online was once a thriving SF themed MMO that ended up with the same 'we will look the other way' glitching so paying players could get to end game quickly. There were certain areas and mobs that could be glitched at various levels. Lots of other things got fixed, and lots of people were reported but AO never fixed the code and did nothing to the practitioners. Most honest players at first could not believe this was going on, but eventually everyone realized how prevalent the problem because you could not find anyone to team with due to the fact that so many people skipped all of that via the glitches. That was the start of the death spiral as that is when the honest players started leaving in droves, further making finding teams that much harder. That game may have made a few more quick bucks but now the game is a burned out husk, with only a handful of hold outs wandering mostly vacant servers.

Unless mass NT kiting is counted as a glitch, I'm unaware of any glitches involving exp in the game. Obviously there was the whole infamous tagyourit **** deal, but that wasn't involving exp. The downfall of anarchy online can be more attributed to aging graphics and a horrible startup experience than anything else, imho.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Can you explain us why :

He can't be honest. He'll lose his job.

It's pretty obvious the developers don't give a ****, and they are in the same geographical location as those who write frankie's checks.

People are still charging zen for a game that has more bugs by the patch -- for reasons perhaps best discussed in another topic. As per the way this game has gone development-wise, it would be logical to expect more of the same.

Solution is ignore the facade about bugs being illegal and partake in exploiting them, or try to ignore the fact that others are and play your own way, or simply find a game where they actually fix **** instead of slowly, perpetually, break the game with bugs/exploits.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Can you explain us why :

1. We reported it and asked for a fix as soon as it was known to us. It took time to get it modified, and though it all does seem very simple to fix, it actually is not.

2. The only option we had for this would have been to shut down the entire fc instance, which we were not willing to do, because it would have meant removing one of the most popular instances for an extended length of time.

3. For the most part they have not yet been punished, but we're working on that now.