UVF's STEP by STEP way to get a blessing

Options
UVF - Lost City
UVF - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Support Desk
For those of us who are unable to get a blessing because the drop down box for 'character selection' does not work.. This guide is for YOU!

Note: You will have to do this every time to get a blessing until the slow *** DEV's finally fix it (could be years).

Step 1: Get your character ID.

This can be done by going to a laggy location such as west district. Move your main anywhere (in this case I chose near the west banker) and log a second account in next to your main. You wont be able to see your mains name, just the guild and a P_1234567 number. You NEED this number. As you can see, mine is 2194512.

4sf7rq.png

Note: No second account is needed, you can just get your friend to log out and in next to you and tell you the number when they log in, your choice.

Step 2: Download google chrome and "Pendule" for google chrome. Pendule is a live source editor which you will be using to get a blessing. Once you download it and install it open up google chrome, log in at pwi.perfectworld/facebook until you reach this screen.

nlycy0.png

Step 3: Right click on the select 'select a character' box and click 'inspect element'. You will end up with a screen like this.

24g21yf.png

Step 4: Click on the tiny arrow indicated by the red arrow in my screenshot to expand it.

sq5hk4.png

Step 5: Do the same thing, on the next tiny arrow, indicated again by the red arrow in my screenshot to expand it.

2e56vdu.png
Post edited by UVF - Lost City on

Comments

• UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Step 6: The first thing you want to do is change

<a href="/">Select a Character</a>

to

<a href="/">YOURCHARACTERSNAME</a>

by double clicking on 'Select a Character' and typing in your EXACT character name. So my mains name is UVF so I change it to look like this:

2czylh5.png

Step 7: Next you want to change the line which reads

<ul style="height: 0px; "></ul>

to

<ul style="height: 21px; "><li val="ID">NAME</li></ul>
    e.g. <ul style="height: 21px; "><li val="2194512">UVF</li></ul>

Here it is easier to simply right click on this line and choose 'Edit as HTML'. Copy and paste in the above line to replace it completely and insert your ID that we got earlier and your EXACT character name where it says ID and NAME. Remember your ID is JUST the numbers, without the P. If you did it correctly it will appear like this:

2r3wmlt.png

Step 8: Right click on the line which reads

<input type="hidden" id="character-input" name="character">

and 'Edit as HTML'. Change the line so the it reads the following (with your ID in place of where it says ID).

<input type="hidden" id="character-input" name="character" value="ID">

e.g. <input type="hidden" id="character-input" name="character" value="2194512">

Again it is easier here to just copy and paste the above line with YOUR ID in place of mine.

2mo5bhi.png

Step 9: If you followed the previous steps exactly then you should now click the normal orange submit box. ^_^ and youll get a ****ing blessing. Works for both +30 att and 1515 blessings.

I made this guide based on what was posted by people in the thread about blessing problems which is a sticky. I hope people will find it more comprehensive than what was posted there as it took me a while to work it out. Thanks to the people who posted there first, couldnt have made this guide without your help. Happy Blessing everyone. b:victory

Note: This is a solution for only players who are unable to get a blessing due to the drop down arrow not working, this is NOT for people who get the message 'Please like the facebook page' or whatever. Those people just need to make new facebook accounts and it should work for them.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Note: You will have to do this every time to get a blessing until the slow *** GM's finally fix it (could be years).

You're almost right there. The GM's don't do that stuff though. That would be the web developers. Which is an entirely different group altogether.

Dev's, live in China, Don't have English as a native language for the most part, and well, aren't here to see what we see.

Web Developers likely live in California. Work for PWE, not PW Beijing, and apparently don't have much of a clue about what they are doing based of the lackluster attempt at Core and the fact that many forum features don't work, are bugged, or work incorrectly. I mean really, coding a forum isn't that hard and they fail at it. Now they try to integrate stuff with the game and the websites, the game is half in Chinese, and it's all buggy all around. I'm surprised any of it works.

GM are customer support. You know, like when you return an item at Wal-Mart... That's GM's. they pretty much get the butt end of everything, get hardly enough information from the company to be able to perform. And then have to live with people like you blaming them for everything because you're just clueless and GM's are the part that you see. The Customer Service industry sucks. been there, done that. Give them a break, they're just as frustrated as you are. If not more so.

~

As for the workaround, kudos for putting that much effort into it. it's a good write up and I'll be sure to share it with my friends that are having the issue.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • yzagada
    yzagada Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    UVF very much thanks for having time making this thread when i requested it,, surely its gotta be hell for me to do this without your guide as some of us are not much on computer programming. hope those people whose experiencing this type of problem will reach them.
    waiting for the PWI technical support team to fix this will take longer so better if this thread be STICKIED..
    more power and happy gaming everyone ^__^
  • loinking
    loinking Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thank you so much finally got my blessing again b:kiss
  • Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary
    Ragnar_Angel - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Oh will try it for sure, hope it finally works. Hard enough for barb to kill fast, now without blessing to.

Thanks!
  • LadyStarFire - Harshlands
    LadyStarFire - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OMG I b:heart you tyvvm been over 2 months without a blessing and now thx to your guide i've got mine back thx!
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeh if a GM could sticky it thatd be appreciated, since it seems like the only real solution that is being offered for us players with this problem. b:victory
  • ivanthebrave
    ivanthebrave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:pleasedThanks UVF, this helped me a lot.
  • Damonischer - Lost City
    Damonischer - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    is there any other way to find out ur char id i keep trying in the laggiest parts but i can always see my chars name instead of the P-xxxxxxx
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    is there any other way to find out ur char id i keep trying in the laggiest parts but i can always see my chars name instead of the P-xxxxxxx

did you try asking a friend?
  • jeffx4
    jeffx4 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thanks !
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Bump this should be stickied
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BijuuShukaku - Dreamweaver
    BijuuShukaku - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    TYVM for doing this b:pleased
  • SimphonyGirl - Sanctuary
    SimphonyGirl - Sanctuary Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My friend have same problem =// i send ticket to support today, if they cant fix it soon gonna do this way.

Thank u so much for this b:thanks
  • SaahaDreams - Heavens Tear
    SaahaDreams - Heavens Tear Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I tried this about 6 times, went over everything to make sure i was putting everything in correct. Even cked the Chars number again. All i get when i hit submit is invalid user name.
    Any suggestions it has been at least 2 months with out a blessing on my cleric and she really needs it. Exspeically with 2x on. I sent a ticket too, all they said was put info on forum. I have same problem most all do. No char selection. I wish they would just fix the thing. I have no problem getting a blessing for my other account.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]Ty for any help.
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I tried this about 6 times, went over everything to make sure i was putting everything in correct. Even cked the Chars number again. All i get when i hit submit is invalid user name.
    Any suggestions it has been at least 2 months with out a blessing on my cleric and she really needs it. Exspeically with 2x on. I sent a ticket too, all they said was put info on forum. I have same problem most all do. No char selection. I wish they would just fix the thing. I have no problem getting a blessing for my other account.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]Ty for any help.

can you provide ss of what you are changing so i can see what you enter
  • Belkas - Lost City
    Belkas - Lost City Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could you do it for me UVF? I perform sexy-time favors.
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could you do it for me UVF? I perform sexy-time favors.

Yea I could, but I'd have to log in to your account on the pwi site to do it, and we all know sharing account info is against the rules (a rule I'd never break). If you pm me on the tri-force forums i can give you special help belkas. Or if you go to tw I'll talk to you on vent this weekend.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Okay hopefully this will come up. I went through each step then took one shot, then pushed submit and took other shot.
    Chrome1.jpg

Chrome2.jpg

ty
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    for your last line, <input type="hidden" id="character-input" name="character" value="10588736"> there seems to be a space between the last 6 and the " (otherwise why would it be on the next line?). this is all i can see from first glance wrong with what youve done.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I copied and pasted the line u had and typed in the number, there was no space in the numbers. I then hit enter. I hope u can help me get this to work for me.
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    is your second line

<ul style="height: 21px; "><li val="10588736">SaahaDreams</li></ul>

since i cant see it cause it sorta goes compact..
  • /ONI - Heavens Tear4
    /ONI - Heavens Tear4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thx UVF for making this finally got a blessing it's been few months.b:victory
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Thank you UVF I copied and pasted what u put above and it went through, YAY!!! Don't rly know what i was doing different but thats ok.

Ty so much.
    Saaha
  • _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear
    _Zappy_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^^ works for me.

Any idea what causes this though? Seems kinda odd that it happens for every browser o.O

Though if the facebook connection process uses java or something, it might explain it since java is shared between browsers (but then your fix uses normal html, so likely not, just throwing ideas around)
    Semi-retired due to continuing mind boggling displays of stupidity from PWI
  • XElkex - Heavens Tear
    XElkex - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    thanks a ton for this, been waiting for them to fix this so i can get a blessing again, but as we all know, they will be taking their sweet time. In the mean time, at least i know how i can fix it for myself b:victory
  • Hideodoru - Dreamweaver
    Hideodoru - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That helped me so much! Ty ty b:dirty b:thanks
  • andyomsen
    andyomsen Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you made my day, thnx m8

b:thanks b:thanks b:thanks
  • _xXPandaXx_ - Lost City
    _xXPandaXx_ - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol this actually worked.... woohoo i got a blessing now!!!! b:victoryb:victory

do i have to do this everytime i want a blessing? b:question
  • UVF - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol this actually worked.... woohoo i got a blessing now!!!! b:victoryb:victory

do i have to do this everytime i want a blessing? b:question

unfortunately yes, but you will get very fast at it.. just come here every time and copy paste.. or just make the lines you need and paste them into a word document so its even faster b:pleased happy blessings everyone