PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can already see what's going to happen when maintenance day rolls around.

"Sorry to inform you that we will not be having a maintenance tonight. See yah!"

or

"Minor localization changes...blah blah blah *nofixtoSPandmoarpacks*...enjoy!"

Lol. I was thinking the same thing.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What I have learned from all of this is that many PvE server people have a mortal phobia of PvP. Honestly, this looks unhealthy :/

Try to go into an instance with the highest power guild in all +12 R9 gear camping in there and killing everyone like it is a turkey shoot. How many +12 R9 lvl 105 sins can you fight at the same time? The Enrage guild is full of bullies with daddy's unlimited credit cards who love to make the rest of HT miserable for their entertainment. Considering his lack of interest in how miserable they are making us, what is it about these bullies that makes them frankieraye's favorites? Why doesn't it matter to PWE that a lot of us are about to take out time and money to another activity since they do not appear to care?
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Try to go into an instance with the highest power guild in all +12 R9 gear camping in there and killing everyone like it is a turkey shoot. How many +12 R9 lvl 105 sins can you fight at the same time? The Enrage guild is full of bullies with daddy's unlimited credit cards who love to make the rest of HT miserable for their entertainment. Considering his lack of interest in how miserable they are making us, what is it about these bullies that makes them frankieraye's favorites? Why doesn't it matter to PWE that a lot of us are about to take out time and money to another activity since they do not appear to care?

And we GoldDigrz will rise up and smite this evil! Join us in our cause, to rid the world of this evil, and together, we shall make this world our own! b:chuckle
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well if it isn't bugged it is still not a cultivation quest and that is one quest compared to the many quests that low levels get in Secret Passage. I think you get the quest for that at level 50-60? I'm pretty sure that fire water orb quest is only quest you get in cave of sadistic glee but I could be wrong. Either way I'm fairly sure there is no cultivation quests or map opening quest mobs in that instance. It would be perfect to move the free PK to Cave of Sadistic Glee to avoid griefing the lower level players.

You ARE wrong. There's more then one quest in there, NOT TO MENTION all the divines in there now. Why the hell would u want this **** to be taken out of a area with quests in it to ANOTHER AREA WITH QUESTS IN IT?

JUST PUT IT IN THE DAMN ARENA!~
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *WHY* does everyone keep saying to just move the PKers int another instance?? People need that instance too.

but there are more than one perfectly good arena where the little devils could go and gangk each others brains out and not be a bother to any of the other players of the PvE servers.

Well if it isn't bugged it is still not a cultivation quest and that is one quest compared to the many quests that low levels get in Secret Passage. I think you get the quest for that at level 50-60? I'm pretty sure that fire water orb quest is only quest you get in cave of sadistic glee but I could be wrong. Either way I'm fairly sure there is no cultivation quests or map opening quest mobs in that instance. It would be perfect to move the free PK to Cave of Sadistic Glee to avoid griefing the lower level players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Who wants to bet the down time tonight wont have ANY change to SP?
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »

Unless it makes PWE so happy that they add the new feature to all FB instances. They definitely don't care that so many of us are upset at SP.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It wouldn't be much of a bet, since they really haven't had time to get feedback to China, China to decide to change it for the PWI and/or China version, and then send it back to the US to test. Frankie has basically said that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Most likely not.
  • TidalFury - Sanctuary
    TidalFury - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    UUUMMMM...

Why did they make Secret Passage legal to PK in? The wise place to enable PK for free with no penalty would have been Cave of Sadistic Glee. It just seems to be a more logical place to do this. I meant here is so much going on in SP that it draws people of all levels to it from lvl 20 to lvl 80, and this is important stuff too, stuff people NEED to do in game.

I say move it to cave of sadistic glee so that people can do thier chrono stuff safely in SP.

This is not a thread about SP btw, this is a thread about moving PK enable to Cave of sadistic glee.
  • Linc - Raging Tide
    Linc - Raging Tide Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seems like half the server would be left out of the pvp fun if they leave all those nasty mobs in there though.

b:bored
    I did not feel the treachery or inconstancy of a friend, nor the injuries of a secret or open enemy. I had no occasion of bribing, flattering, or pimping, to procure the favour of any great man, or of his minion; I wanted no fence against fraud or oppression: here was neither physician to destroy my body, nor lawyer to ruin my fortune; no informer to watch my words and actions, or forge accusations against me for hire: here were no gibers, censurers, backbiters, pickpockets, highwaymen, housebreakers, attorneys, bawds, buffoons, gamesters, politicians, wits, splenetics, tedious talkers, controvertists, ravishers, murderers, robbers, virtuosos; no leaders, or followers, of party and faction; no encouragers to vice, by seducement or examples; no dungeon, axes, gibbets, whipping-posts, or pillories; no cheating shopkeepers or mechanics; no pride, vanity, or affectation; no fops, bullies, drunkards, strolling prostitutes, or poxes; no ranting, lewd, expensive wives; no stupid, proud pedants; no importunate, overbearing, quarrelsome, noisy, roaring, empty, conceited, swearing companions; no scoundrels raised from the dust upon the merit of their vices, or nobility thrown into it on account of their virtues; no lords, fiddlers, judges, or dancing-masters.
    From Gulliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I don't like most of your post OP but I will agree merely because you actually were smart enough to call it "chrono" and not "culti".
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    It wouldn't be much of a bet, since they really haven't had time to get feedback to China, China to decide to change it for the PWI and/or China version, and then send it back to the US to test. Frankie has basically said that.

I guess the better bet would be How much damage does this blunder need to effect the game before China notices? I have not logged in to play since this thread started. I have 3 friends who have uninstalled and wont return who recently started and have other faction members ready to leave. These arent threats this is reality. People DO NOT wish to play a game that promotes harassment and trips on its own TOS and rules.

What is even more insulting to the player base who is upset is this is now at 2 weeks and you are saying there hasnt been enough time to get feed back to China? People were screaming on day one about this issue. It took days before anyone knew if this was an error or intended and even then most of us doubted the answer.

How much feed back is needed? Before the end of week 1 several players had submitted screen shots with chat convos showing players were freely ignoring the fact they were harassing other players. I could have enough feed back to send to China in the time it takes to uninstall the game. We sure didnt get a test on this blunder and if this is the test... I would hope China would have more eyes on whats been going on then they seem to have now.
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    _Peyton__ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im guessing they use Pigeon post not email, faxes like normal folks I cant see this being dealt with for weeks just the usual excuses of China have to deal with it blah blah blah and more and more players getting irate at the lack of support from the powers that be.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Im guessing they use Pigeon post not email, faxes like normal folks I cant see this being dealt with for weeks just the usual excuses of China have to deal with it blah blah blah and more and more players getting irate at the lack of support from the powers that be.

My guess is smoke signals from tea leaves in the rain.
  • TidalFury - Sanctuary
    TidalFury - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why not use Cave of Sadistic Glee for this? This really seems like a no-brainer to me really.

You cannot deny that Cave of Sadistic Glee is a better choice for this style of "Instance". Only thing that would be missing is the lvl 20 sin/psy trying to do thier weapon token quest. And by the way, even on a PVP server people don't PK until they are lvl 30. Like I said "No-brainer".

I am well beyond the lvl range for any of these quests in secret passage and have done chrono key quest on all my toons, and have no intention of making any more toons as I have everything one needs for PVP, high lvl instances and farming.

I am more concerned for the new players....the players who keep this game alive...

I want them to be able to do thier quests unfettered. I also see high level people killing low level people in one shot....um what is the point? There is no satisfaction in this and requires no skill. Point is, this instance is not the appropriate place for this style of game play to be present in.

Move it to Cave of Sadistic Glee, this is more logical, and can be filled to the brim with people wanting to kill each other.

For those wishing to troll my post, TodalFury has been deleted, so it is not his chrono key quest that needs to be done.
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi All

When this first became "allowed" I voted in the poll thread that I was against it. And, as it stands right now, I'm still against it. As many others have stated, I rolled my characters on a PvE server for a reason- I don't like to PvP. And whether people want to admit it or not, there are lots of people who feel the same way.

There are also people who like to be able to do ALL of their quests, whether they "need" to do them or not. The people who designed the game apparently thought those quests were "needed" or they wouldn't have ever been included in the game; ijs... . And there are quests where the only place the mobs are that are required for the quests is in the Secret Passage - the Token of the Seven is one & I have another one on one of my alts that is for Demon Guardian Fires. Guess what, the ONLY place those mobs are is in the Secret Passage. If there are ANY outside of there; please feel free to enlighten me as to their location; because I sure can't find any! And you can't use the telestone in West Arch to get to those mobs because they aren't in the dungeon part; they are right in the entrance of the Secret Passage; same for the chest you need to dig for Token of the Seven. It's not IN the actual dungeon part; so the telestone is USELESS, hello???? Not to mention the bosses which are in the Secret Passage, but not the dungeon part. And the people who are saying that about the quests in the Cave of Sadistic Glee are right, too. Anyone who has actually PLAYED the game all the way thru and done ALL of their available quests (which I guess are the PvErs) know this to be true.

Anyhow, the point of this post is this- I have thought about this; and I came to this conclusion - even though I rolled on a PvE server because I personally do not like to PvP and PK; I can respect the fact that there are people who do enjoy doing this. (Even though they can't respect the fact that there are others who don't and with the way the GM's or whoever have it set up right now; they don't have to.)

So, my solution to the problem is this - the people who developed the game put the "solution" in the game already - they just need to make it so it works all the time - the people who are blue named and/or under level what 20 or 30? ; should not be able to be PK'd - PERIOD - whether an instance is Pk enabled or not. That way it doesn't matter where people PK & PvP; they can't gank the people who don't care to be ganked. I don't know how or if that would affect people who are on PvP servers or not; but in my opinion, y'all rolled on PvP servers for the same reason I rolled on a PvE one - you wanted to be free to PvP, so you should be prepared to PvP your little hearts out; just like I wanted to be free to PvE my little heart out without having to deal with the annoyances of being killed by anyone but the mobs.

And THAT is the problem I have with the Secret Passage or wherever being PK/PvP enabled; it's not the instance itself or the PK/PvP; it's the fact that I am being "forced" into it; when I shouldn't have to be. And that is also my solution to it.

Thanks for reading:)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It would be perfect to move the free PK to Cave of Sadistic Glee to avoid griefing the lower level players.

Why move it yet to another PvE instance while there is a perfectly designed PvP area on every server : The Arenas.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why move it to another PvE area?

The city arenas are in the game just for that : PvP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    good move PWI (im serious btw >.>) b:victory make all servers PvP GOGOGO! b:dirty
  • marieste
    marieste Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think the comment about high level tards sums it up. If PW wants to encourage random killings of lower level players, kudos, you've managed it. The illusion stone fees are too high--even for higher level players, and not an option for all. I think this is the stupidest "enhancement" that anyone could consider. Qingzi was a great intro to bh's. And Silver Frost should be moved out. If the passage is going to be turned into an arena, then just do that. Move all the other instances out of Heroes Tomb completely. BAD choice this was. So many of my higher level friends are simply disgusted in the behavior of the PKers that are in there, using it as an indiscriminate shooting gallery, with absolutely no regard or appreciation for the striving of lower level players. Get the PVP sickos their own dungeon to kill each other, or program them to leave me and any naive new players alone.
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »

So PWI has absolutely zero autonomy in making decisions about what happens on the PWI servers?

Seriously, how hard is it to change the rule BACK to the way it was and state clearly that PKing in SP is a ban-able offence? You could even just do so on the PvE servers. In fact, a simple statement from the GMs that says, "please limit PKing to one of the west rooms in SP" would be enough. The honor system works in PWI, as has been shown by the few infractions of the GM stated rules regarding PK in Cube Room 1 and SP in the past.

In a previous post I said I was torn, because I think it is a nice addition to allow players a place to PK without fear of EXP or Gear loss and without having to change modes, however I could also see the annoyance factor of this change, and how people might likely abuse it.

Today, I am no longer torn. My vote is 100% behind the "Get Rid of PK in SP" camp, as I am even looking for other ways to spend my gaming time should this rule remain as it is on PvE servers. Being ganked while trying to kill Silverfrost, Dismal or even Qingzi is not how I want to spend my time, especially when it inevitably results in a war of words between me and someone who despite their real age never graduated from kindergarten intellectually.

Just because you CAN do something is not an valid reason that you SHOULD do it.

Someone in another thread suggested sending an email to the CEO of PWE and provided some contact information. Since I do not want to leave PWI, I plan to at least try this route and hope that someone cares enough to say "fix this". From a pure business perspective ignoring the responses of what could amount to more than 75% of your community (7 of 9 servers are PvE) seems quite dangerous, especially since the number of people who are actually abusing this change is probably less than 1% of total players.

Good Luck!
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My guess is smoke signals from tea leaves in the rain.

b:laugh
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why move it yet to another PvE instance while there is a perfectly designed PvP area on every server : The Arenas.

Agreed. Enable the Arenas "under construction".

The official stance on this was that they were afraid of Factions camping the Arenas. They never said the Arenas were broken.
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Agreed. Enable the Arenas "under construction".

The official stance on this was that they were afraid of Factions camping the Arenas. They never said the Arenas were broken.

Now they just camp in SP instead and kill any poor low level and many highers levels that dare to enter
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    Monitoring the situation not only in-game, but also here on the forums and through Customer Service tickets.

oohh they be watchin' my threadz.

Seriously though, I think I'll head over to SP now and blow out a few of those Sin's ganking the little guys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    oohh they be watchin' my threadz.

Seriously though, I think I'll head over to SP now and blow out a few of those Sin's ganking the little guys.

Hope its not like it was last night with Regi and Vindi at all out war with each other talking smack to the people trying to get in to do quests. Sorry if anyones in those Facts that are nice people but the ones I encountered last night were idiots talking to newer players like they were dirt is uncalled for and just because you have nice gears and are in a big faction doesnt give u the right to talk down to anyone so Pls go smack some butts and help some of the lower levels
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Completely agree with you. why move it to a working instance that everyone needs, while the Arenas sit empty and unused?

And Blanche, please dont let this drive you out of the game...please come back to the guild. I remember you from nearly the game's beginning...you are one of the longest playing and most reliable players here, and one who earned his level the old fashioned way- you EARNED it, with no quicky gimmicks. I admire that very much.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • renanna1
    renanna1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This was a bad idea. I was helping a low level player with mobs in the first part of the passage and we couldnt get through the pvp players. If you are going to keep this make it so that they can only attack people in pkp mode so other players can still do quest in the passage or make a whole new place for them to do pvp
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What i cant understand on Frankie and his poor health (sry so far im start to get angry too)... is that: China give a Patch to the US Version or called PWI... this include SP will be a PK Arena... so i just ask why China didnt informed that is included so that he could warn us?... Ok maybe they didnt... my mind about the devs isnt that good cause that idea of sp is a pk arena now say me they had smoke anything what was very hard and bad.... and very much of it...

But then... ok Frankie informed us shortly before the weekend started, that the devs decided and so on... he tells us about a monitoring we dont realize ingame... cause that what happend to all the pve ppl that just jump in for quests and their helpers... all that harassing isnt worth a punishment for the ppl they do it... Frankie wrote he will send a list to China...kk.

Then the weekend started... and the whole weekend there were no GM answering anything or decide anything and still nobody realized any kind of monitoring. During the weekend that fiasco in sp got worse and the pve ppl was going angry more and more... Then today the ppl started to say hey its monday and still no answer... we got answers from mods... it was said Frankie will come in office in 10 and a half hour... the ppl started to say why there is not a single GM that give answers or decide things that relaxe the situation... and now?

We got furthermore the info that there was not enough time to inform China about that... but there was enough time to put a text in the ticket system about the sp pk arena and what the workers there have to do with it... means nothing...

Then i have to say i play now long time but not long enough to saw the arenas working... but now i saw a post from a guy that said there was no reason like the arenas were broken it was cause of factions were camping it... (again i ask myself what the devs smoked when they close the arenas and now decided to put that to the sp... cause there can the factions or single ppls now better camp the lowbies? good idea rlly) And about that single guy that posted that info... i think he play long enough to remember what were the reason to close the arenas... there is no other statement especially not one from a GM...

Oh and its said Frankie feels bad now, hes sick... its cause of jetlag... cause he was in China... Ok... but why there was no other GM to let him do a break and do the work for him then? And especially when Frankie feels so bad now... why he didnt just a lil rule like: All pkers have to move in the West rooms of sp till we got an answer from China what to do, all screenshots from ppl that killed by another in another room will give me a reason to ban the pker cause of it... something like that... just to relaxe the situation till he got an answer from China... So the pvpers would have a stricktly rule and the lowbies can do their quests nearly in safe...

I just ask why... why ... why ... It doesnt need a rule forever maybe... but relax the situation a bit to take the fiasco less worse
This discussion has been closed.