[Server Maintenance Tonight!] 9-12-2011 [COMPLETE]

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

We will be having Server Maintenance tonight from 11pm PDT until 1am PDT!

And for the usual maintenance question..

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• monkeyshatter
    monkeyshatter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Patch Notes Version 563
    Released September 13, 2011

Patch Servers
    We have upgraded our patch servers in order to address a connectivity issue for some players.

Frostcovered City
    We were able to implement a fix to an exploit with our last patch. We will continue to monitor the situation and attempt to address any further issues concerning this dungeon.

b:laugh
  • /polIo - Sanctuary7
    /polIo - Sanctuary7 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cave of Sadistic Glee

It is an already unused instance (besides, what, 1-2 quests?) with many hallways, hiding spots. Tons of mobs to annoy you and smack you around while you are running away from a r9 +12 sin (in which case, you are obviously going to die anyway, why even bother running?)

It is far away from any newbie starting area or questing area that there will be no 'accidental' griefing of low levels.

It may increase the ratio of player catshops in 1k Streams, which will help take the load off and free up some (SOME) lag in Archosaur.

EDIT: Ohhh...1st! :O
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    first page woot!

none...make a new instance lacking quests for PvP
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Page 1!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hmm.... Cube. Just imagine... you go through Cube, you've failed three times due to some unfortunate rooms, you had to dig the chests twice each time 100 cards eat... you FINALLY make it to room 50 and BAM a level 102 sin from stealth kills you!! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

If you could make any instance in the game open PVP (like Secret Passage is right now), which would you choose and why?

And the overall answer already given in the thread customer service is sending all of us to would be THE ARENA. Stop forcing PVE players to PVP.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the territory war map >.> that's it

(edit: the reason i did a random one-sentence line is to get on first page)

anyways...it's not like i oppose the open PvP idea, but you've probably already seen the "petition to move said area to Cave of Sadistic Glee" post
    so not gonna say it again
    or maybe i will...Cave of Sadistic Glee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • sinjin
    sinjin Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the territory war map >.> that's it

A totally new area.
  • _Peyton__ - Sanctuary
    _Peyton__ - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The arena isnt that what its meant to be for Ohh silly me thats broken too so you force PvP and make people's life hell trying to do quests.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sinjin wrote: »
    A totally new area.

what?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *RESERVED*

b:laugh

Wow we have gone 120 pages with a poll showing more then 460 players strongly opposing the change to SP with people LOOKING for leadership from GMs and now we hear from them... I think that is the same quote heard from the VP at Coke when asked about their blunder.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No where, they have plenty of places already and ways to PK on a PvE SERVER, what they seem to really want is someone watching them behave like jerks, and that exists at Orchid Temple, oh wait, been there for a look, and as i thought watching fail PvPers on PvE server, boring, especially as most watchers know they are really fails by the fact they are doing it PvE server, if they were any good they would be on a PvP server.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • paradox666
    paradox666 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not sure if trolling or just....blithering daft...

but just incase the herp derp ArEnA ya know thingy thats been broken sense god what beta?b:surrender
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Early manual patch download link: Patch 560-563 (10.5 MB)

As usual, do not install the manual patch until after the servers go down for maintenance. Patching early will mean that you cannot log into the game until after maintenance is complete.

Tonight's patch seems to be a fairly standard size, so I wouldn't expect any major changes. Hopefully some overdue faction icons will finally get updated.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Akolade - Dreamweaver
    Akolade - Dreamweaver Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...Open the damn arena, or throw it near Frost Covered. >.>
  • Nniotora - Lost City
    Nniotora - Lost City Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just open up dragon temple everyday for this nderwater fights are cool cuz nearly nothing is done underwater cept dragon temple and some noob quests
    also make it thats rank9 ppl cant enter cuz they to OP man
    100% F2P legit 105 since starting this game. Full rank9 jaded +12 seeker. .tinyurl.com/nocashshopHaters gona hate cuz they cant play a game
  • Talayoki - Heavens Tear
    Talayoki - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sweet...AFTER changing SP into PK-Zone cuz a few ppl wanted it in china, u ask us what WE wanted to be a PK zone?....uhm ya...no further questions buuuuuut
    Sadistic thingie would be nice, yap. Quest there aren't that important (in SP they are! Thing 'bout Silverfrost grml) and I guess there wont be a bulk of players on beginning like in SP but distributed in the whole instance.

BUT: don't be that lazy PW! Work for ur muneh and be creative: add a new instance...b:shutup
  • Barber - Heavens Tear
    Barber - Heavens Tear Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

non of them PvP sucks and is a useless waste of time and effort

use the damn arena and forget **** with the instances, youre driving people away from the game
    Barbarian(Barber)=104
    Cleric(MysticFrost)=104
    BM(TooCold)=104
    Seeker(TiltedKilt)=104
    Assassin(Spongeworthy)=104
    Veno(UnZipped)=103
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Forgotten Frostland plox.
  • Boartracker - Raging Tide
    Boartracker - Raging Tide Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    fix the arena or use teh GM test area for a PK instance.

b:bye
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

hate to break it to you sport, but Secret Passage isnt an instance.

Why dont you guys enable the arena? you have a perfectly viable PK instance ready and waiting, and you refuse to implement it.

you PWI could also make another theatre instance which could be open all the time with no prizes. we know you know how to copy and paste maps, you already did it with phoenix valley.

or use the RB alpha map.

or give us the base war that was swept under the rug, and then repromised, and still not released, or just enable bramble in open pk, since thats only other difference besides GS/item dropping that dungeon PK gives over open map pk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    first page woot!

none...make a new instance lacking quests for PvP

^This
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    So... maintenance is going to be on Mondays now?
  • Miesha_song - Heavens Tear
    Miesha_song - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The Arena is supposed to be a place for sport, players compeating against other players. Isn't that the very deffinition of PvP? Why not open it up so that it can be used as it was meant to be. I Don't believe it would be right to move a PvP aria to any instance, all of them have quests in them and yes, though some are not manditory, to not do them means that you miss out on some pretty neat iteams. That means that those who choose not to do PvP end up at a dissadvantage. That makes no sense, this is a PvE server, people who choose to play it as such should not be penalized. I actually thought that PW's way of having a PvP mode as an option was a very clever idea, dropping gear just makes it more interesting and more of a challenge. If you Don't want to risk gear, then duel. In a free for all PvP people end up being ambushed, ransacked and outnumbered, its really not a fair fight. And although I understand that not everyone is like this, There will always be those few people who just wait to pick off lower level people as they come in the door. Most people don't have the money to waist on illusion stones, especially below level 60.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What the hell, serv maint. on Monday? um............

And for those of you saying put it in Sadistic Glee cave..... ya... good one. ALOT OF US LIKE DOING OUR QUESTS! Besides the bosses in there there's the divine mobs now and whatever else, it'll end up just being the same ****. Here's a thought.... USE THE DAMN ARENA!
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:sad I can't link my petition in the suggestion box about moving it to glee because of. The hours or being locked out of the website. All because my capslock was on.so now I have to post on my phone. b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    your petition to move it to glee was pretty stupid in the first place so no loss...... why the hell would u want to move it to ANOTHER INSTANCE WITH QUESTS? Look what i said in the post above yours. Contrary to popular belief, ALOT of people like to do their quests and actually play the game. And considering the # of PVE servers to PVP... there's alot more people that dont' like PvP much compared to those who do.

To PWE: You keep **** with us, and not banning people that do w/e the hell they want since they spend $500K (and that figure isn't a joke) on this game and they know after being banned 20 times they won't ever be perma banned..... you're going to LOSE ALOT OF PEOPLE. Have fun with your empty game.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Strange...

I wonder if this means that those things frankie mentioned (no specifics, by the way) that were supposed to come a few weeks ago are ready now...

Hmm...
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Strange...

I wonder if this means that those things frankie mentioned (no specifics, by the way) that were supposed to come a few weeks ago are ready now...

Hmm...

That won't make much of a difference if it isn't a fix for SP.b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    So... maintenance is going to be on Mondays now?
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Strange...

Hmm...

If you look at their track record for Monday patchs, it USUALLY means something larger is coming to the game. They will have a few non-maintenance weeks, followed by a few Monday ones, then 1-2 more non-weeks, then they will add something "larger" to the game. (Just saying this is how things went last year and the year before with consecutiove non/Monday maintenance's.)

Now, this has been a cycle for a few years now, although changes to PW have been kind of...well...I think we all know how that has been going.

Anyways, the patch is not large enough to be anything big therefore it is probably nothing to get all amp'd up about. And as PW goes, not too many get excited anymore for patchs nor expect things. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous