PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's not a major problem.
  • thebluebeast
    thebluebeast Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Again there is a new person here that didnt realized that HE play on pvp server and the most of the QQer here play on pve... The thing is we choosed this for a reason and so we dont whine for nothing... on pve servers u couldnt pk blue names unless tw, pk events and pk enabled cube rooms. so u are wrong, the poll we have on other place in forum about this say me the bigger part of the pve ppl wont have that kind of sp as pk arena... so pls nab realize that... sry just true...

And Frankie... i think u should do a bit more this time cause dont forget what means 6 days in that lvl area where u have quests in sp... all of em not just bh and frost. And think that the ppl felt alone the whole weekend with this fiasko, thats it what it is in the opinon of pve ppl... that part of pve ppl that QQ or whine or post strongly oppose or however... They just got more and more angry and its true PW will loose a lot of ppl if u dont act fast enough now. U just see what the ppl write... One person told in one of the threads some days ago... u guys wont do anything cause ur statistics say nothing changed... but i think it started to change, maybe u wont see it now but im sure it will soon.. i just see what ppl write the last days and i look into myself what i feel about my lil alts or what i feel about helping lowbies in there... so i can just understand and im sure a lot of them dont tell they wont cash anymore or they will quit for nothing... im sure some of em say it cause they will just do what they say... i saw on guy posting that he want see what happend when he give that link here to other games or to games magazines... when maybe just some lil magazines give that a look and give that their users to read... i think some potential new pw ppls will change their mind about start pw...

So Frankie, im a fan of PW for sure and still .... i hate the horns like the most others, while u guys dont change it... i hate the red spam like others, while u guys dont change it, there some things more that i dont like but all in all i still love the game... but im rlly strongly oppose to the sp pk arena, i just have something like 2 lil pleasures to u:

1. stop that pking in sp... find another solution i read a lot in here
    2. do it fast... my feeling is like the others it goes more and more worse, so i just say... do it rlly fast
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can all of you nabs realize that pvp is legal in every instance. You can kill someone in anything from fb19-99. There is nothing wrong with being able to pk people in SP. It's just another instance. Stop QQing already geeze!! b:laugh

I wish you PVP clueless players would listen to us.. just for 1 minute? Pull your head outta your rear and pay attention? Do I have it yet? Ok good....WE CHOOSE PVE SERVERS FOR A REASON!! IF THEY INTEND TO MAKE ME PVP THEN I WANT BACK ALL THE MONEY I'VE SPENT ON THIS GAME IN 3 YEARS. I SIGNED UP FOR ONE THING, AND I'M BEING FORCED ANOTHER. k thnx.
    Nothing is scheduled to be changed yet, but again, it's only been a few days. It's pretty clear that the majority of players are not happy with this change, so we'll bring that up to the developers and see what we can do.

I don't kno what they are paying you but I don't think they are getting enough bang for the buck. How many players have to threaten to leave before you take action? I know, they need to just leave, not threaten! Then maybe, just maybe you'll take action; but it will be too late.
    Frankie! For the love of greater good!

We NEED RULES!

Even if you can't do a thing about the programming, you and the others should put a few rules in the SP so that the high levels will let the lowbies be.

As of now, the SP instance is nothing but a Far West zone where the strong rule, kill and generally harass the innocents.

^^ Please read the above again, maybe then you will realize what he's really telling you. What he's saying is: we realize you're ticked; but we plan to not do anything about it at this time. We'd like to monitor (wait and see if it hits their pocket book)the situation a bit longer before we even contemplate making another change or set of rules. Thanks for paying my pay check!
  • callmeevil
    callmeevil Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Should have chosen a higher level instance.

Nightscream Island would have been great.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Can all of you nabs realize that pvp is legal in every instance. You can kill someone in anything from fb19-99. There is nothing wrong with being able to pk people in SP. It's just another instance. Stop QQing already geeze!! b:laugh

Yes, On PvP Servers But we're talking about PvE servers here...
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ok how about this then, make an npc just inside the instance that has a quest, only accessible to players in the "lowbie" range, which, when activated, triggers the npc to cast an "immune to damage" or even reflect buff on the player that lasts for about 30 seconds or less, long enough to haul butt thru the room most of the pkers hang out in. Since the demonflames needed for one quest are off to the left of the start room, those can be grabbed without passing the pkers, and the ancient evils needed for another quest are further in, the only thing lowbies would have to worry about are stealthed sins, which, if you're 80+ running around sp in stealth mode away from the rest of the pkers, you're clearly there to harass lowbies and should be reported.

Being a very short buff, it'd run out before you get to shade eido or dismal or frost, so it wouldnt give lowbies any unfair advantage when going after the boss mobs, or even the standard mobs in there as it'd run out just around the first or second corner and lets face it, if you've ran past and aggrod 10 mobs without attacking them... you deserve to die anyways..

also, give this npc another "quest related" menu item, similar to the ones the teleport masters in EG home city and TB home city have where it'll teleport you to the BH/FB instance for free if you're within a certain level range
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    Sympsy - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lets see.. do I .. or do I NOT need room 38 for culti quest? Is it.. or is it NOT a pk room? In order to complete the quest one must go into a FORCED PVP situation. Now if you don't understand that, then I don't know how else to get you to understand it. I won't even get into the whole SP bit on this one. You are clearly clueless on this.

Have you done room 38 yet? Its a PK enabled room yes but the purpose of the room is to avoid the exploding hands and bugs that one shot you to reach the end npc. So not too sure what you mean by forced PVP there. If people kill there they do it purely to be a **** and stop people from completing a part of a cultivation quest which I do believe is bannable if Frankie did not say so earlier in the thread.
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've been a hard-core gamer for many years. This is my first (maybe last) MMO game to try.
    But I've seen this recipe many times before on different servers for different games over the last 15 years or so. What will eventually happen is this, the newer members being abused, teased, taunted, pawned and harassed will eventually stop playing that game. I mean honestly, do you think otherwise? No, it's simple really. And what that server will end up with is all the bullies and a few new players that aren't quite sick of it yet, but will be.
    I've seen state-of-the-art games come and go over the years. I only play online games and sometimes saddened to see awesome games with NOBODY in the servers anymore. Sure, new games come out and people switch gears. But I've also seen servers where there's this "we hate noobs" mentality and guess what? Unless new people begin playing. You WILL be all alone in YOUR server. Congratulations, job well done. Now it's just the "elites" the old long standing members that have been playing since it came out. But, these very ones who taunt, tease or grief the new players will eventually be all alone in their self made hell they created. In the end, there wont be enough players in game anymore to justify playing. Even the old timers will eventually leave. Why? Because there's nobody to play against.

Think it can't happen here? Think again. Any game on the market today will always be faced with the fact that all good things come to an end. Even the most awesome, state-of-the-art game will eventually become old and dated. And there will always be some other, newer game that grabs everyone's attention. And the servers will be full and that game will be riding the wave. Till it crashes and becomes dated too. This is fact!

So the question remains. How long does PW survive? Does it have staying power?
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lets see.. do I .. or do I NOT need room 38 for culti quest? Is it.. or is it NOT a pk room? In order to complete the quest one must go into a FORCED PVP situation. Now if you don't understand that, then I don't know how else to get you to understand it. I won't even get into the whole SP bit on this one. You are clearly clueless on this.

There's a workaround for Room 38 if you are so greatly offended by the PvP aspect. Personally, I've rarely ever been PKed anywhere in the cube on either this cleric or my much lower and weaker alts (and I've been around here for a while), and certainly never in room 38. Still, I suppose everyone has different experiences. HT seems worse than other serves in forced PvP environs, or so I read virtually every day.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
    edited September 2011
    Have you done room 38 yet? Its a PK enabled room yes but the purpose of the room is to avoid the exploding hands and bugs that one shot you to reach the end npc. So not too sure what you mean by forced PVP there. If people kill there they do it purely to be a **** and stop people from completing a part of a cultivation quest which I do believe is bannable if Frankie did not say so earlier in the thread.

Yes, I've got my 3rd and final fairy. I don't like the forced PvP in the cube either. But after 2 1/2 years of ppl griping about it, it didn't matter either. Which no, its not bannable in PK rooms of the cube. Which I don't understand why killing in entrance of room 1 is bannable. At least you have half an ice cubes chance in hell of getting out of that one little area before being killed. The SP, ppl have no chance. None..

They can come out with 6 new classes, and I don't care how fun and wonderful they look I will not make another toon. When I am bored of this toon, I'm done with this game. 3 years and 8ish toons later.. I don't want to deal with the frustration of the SP and trying to get things done. Forget it... unless they change something, they've lost me as a customer. Sure, I will still login and play when I want to; but I don't have to spend my money here. I am not one of those to threaten ... I went 3 months without playing the last time something happened I felt unfair... and 1 year without spending a dime. Its nothing to me.. but it will be something to them.
  • bloopp
    bloopp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    this patch change biggest **** ever, PVp in secret passage.. we have arena.. and what all the ppls allready mentioned, there are bosses which are needed for culti and some other quests... on the EU Server there allready enough high-lvl-r8 *******s which Pking low lvls..
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Nothing is scheduled to be changed yet, but again, it's only been a few days. It's pretty clear that the majority of players are not happy with this change, so we'll bring that up to the developers and see what we can do.

I gotta possible change ya might wanna pitch to the Dev's, Frankie. Atleast until they fix the current headache in the SPs..b:chuckle

How about they put a limit timer, on the players Complete account time (ALL CHARACTERs are cumulative) in SP b:victory "Similar too the FBs timers or Vampires domain timer" And if they stay in there past its givin limit, they can be BANNED from access to sp and other Important Instance places (TW/FF/BRIM/LG, Etc.) for givin predetermined times, "Especially if they've got complaint tickets on them that say they've been Farm Killing and Quest denying in SP." with the max Punishment being account banning for times similar too your normal settings for violations...b:pleased

That might cool their heals and put them back into their place...sb:laughb:victory

Or you could have it even auto port they're (characters/Accounts) at timer lapse, and then have it deny all access back into it for say a week or 2, maybe even a month; too the accounts that have stayed the full limit of alotted time, say per week...

But it would have too be a realistic time span and not too much, "I went in there alot b4 this mess happened, to help peaple with (Shade/Dismal & BH/FB29s) and would wait in the port room until anyone popped in who needed help, so the port room would have to be a timer free zone, for those who were waiting too help others, but once they stepped beyond the safe zone the timer should activate, plus it should not have an active timer if you have active sp quest(s) on your active quest listings, or if your on a squad with peaple who have sp quests on their lists, which your helping, when ya enter SPs combat active zones...

Sounds reletively effective on reeling this one in on the abusers until the Devs fix this mess..
  • tellamar
    tellamar Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All I know is that today I had to go into SP to kill shade eiko and got pk 4 times in less than 10 mins and all I was doing was waiting for those that were on their way to help me. This pk free for all that is going on needs to stop. Why would you even put an open pk area in a place that has so many low levels going in there. I have a lvl 53 bm and he was killed, like I said, 4 times in less than 10 mins. People in there start to freak out if they see someone coming at them and so the first thing they do is attack.

I play on a PVE server, not a PVP server. I do not like being forced to pk just because the game says I have to. I play this game to have fun, and getting killed for no reason by another player is NOT fun. I have been playing this game for almost 2 years now and I have spent alot of money on this game as well. If a solution to this problem is not found soon I will quit playing, it ain't no skin off my backside casue I can find another game just like this that doesn't have this problem.b:bye

Please just either move the PK area somewhere else that is not frequented by low level players or make it a quest type thing or something. It HAS to stop. My entire guild is unhappy about this as are many other players I have talked to lately. And as I am sure you can read on this forum, there are so very many unhappy players right now.
    edited September 2011
    seitori wrote: »
    I gotta possible change ya might wanna pitch to the Dev's, Frankie. Atleast until they fix the current headache in the SPs..b:chuckle

How about they put a limit timer, on the players Complete account time (ALL CHARACTERs are cumulative) in SP b:victory "Similar too the FBs timers or Vampires domain timer" And if they stay in there past its givin limit, they can be BANNED from access to sp and other Important Instance places (TW/FF/BRIM/LG, Etc.) for givin predetermined times, "Especially if they've got complaint tickets on them that say they've been Farm Killing and Quest denying in SP." with the max Punishment being account banning for times similar too your normal settings for violations...b:pleased

That might cool their heals and put them back into their place...sb:laughb:victory

Or you could have it even auto port they're (characters/Accounts) at timer lapse, and then have it deny all access back into it for say a week or 2, maybe even a month; too the accounts that have stayed the full limit of alotted time, say per week...

But it would have too be a realistic time span and not too much, "I went in there alot b4 this mess happened, to help peaple with (Shade/Dismal & BH/FB29s) and would wait in the port room until anyone popped in who needed help, so the port room would have to be a timer free zone, for those who were waiting too help others, but once they stepped beyond the safe zone the timer should activate, plus it should not have an active timer if you have active sp quest(s) on your active quest listings, or if your on a squad with peaple who have sp quests on their lists, which your helping, when ya enter SPs combat active zones...

Sounds reletively effective on reeling this one in on the abusers until the Devs fix this mess..

This is a good idea, it needs a bit tweaking tho. But I don't see them doing this...

However; on the contrary, I'd love to see this happen:

You can kill any person your lvl (within 10 lvls of u either way) for no more than 2 times within 5 mins. Then there is a 5 minute timer before you can hit again. It should not be allowed to PK anyone more than 20 lvls below you, period. If you are that fail that those are the only people you can beat, then you shouldn't be pking!
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What I have learned from all of this is that many PvE server people have a mortal phobia of PvP. Honestly, this looks unhealthy :/
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Frankie: 1 more question b:pleased, wouldn't the killing in SP of player characters under 30th lv, be an effective Bannable glitch abuse? since as I remember even in PvP that 30th lv was supposed to be the actual PK activation level, wouldn't this be something the Dev's and Big boys in the corporate HQ allow you gms too still ban peaple for, if they do it intentionally not by accidental AOE effect zone kills??b:victory If so can I be a GM so I can help you, I'd be more then willing too help ya on it... lolz b:dirty

Who should I contact for a job Frankie canI Put you as a reference? lolololol
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWI just opened the EU servers not long ago didn't they? Can imagine it's becoming a ghost town on the PVE servers by now. Good job b:chuckle
  • Aurashine - Sanctuary
    Aurashine - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not to sure why you dont create a cave for just those who wish to pvp. I dont wish to pvp ( to all who do pvp i appreciate that you are into it) or i would be on a server for just that. I would rather not have to die when helping a lower level to accomplish a quest.
  • DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear
    DreamyVixen - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011

only a few days, hasnt this been going on since all the anniversary stuff came out Labor Day weekend? only difference is, it was not allowed then. it was a bannable offense. now its allowed and your just saying " we really dont care" a.k.a. "**** off" to everyone that hates it.

and im not sure if anyone else has brought this up, as im not reading every post, but when the horns came out, there was a response within a few days saying they would be removed. so there was end in sight. why is this taking soooooo much longer to figure out. obviously people hate it, at least on the pve servers, and since thats where i play, thats all i care about. why is this topic just being pushed aside with no response as to if the change is staying or being reversed. do you really think all of us pve'ers will just put up with it. there are many more games out there we can play. and even if everyone that likes the changes buys gold, do you think that is going to really make up for the 500+ that hate the change and will quit. unless you really dont care about make money, then why be in business. I know my complaints are probably not even being read by a gm, since this thread is sooo long now. but seriously, make up your minds what you are doing about this so we are not left in limbo wondering. and if you are just hoping all of us pve'ers just get used to it and stop complaining, we will only stop complaining when we quit and stop caring about this game. why do you think we are all fighting to have this change reversed, we care. which i guess is something new to you.

and again sorry if someone else has already brought this up.
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This game is becoming stupid.

This game needs to hire more Moderators instead of just using 1 GM (Game Master/Moderator), and the Forum Mods.

Actually needs (IN GAME MODS)

L2-Mod-A-Game.
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?
    edited September 2011
    This game is becoming stupid.

This game needs to hire more Moderators instead of just using 1 GM (Game Master/Moderator), and the Forum Mods.

Actually needs (IN GAME MODS)

L2-Mod-A-Game.

I agree....I've been in crappier looking f2p games that had active GMS!!!
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    I still don't see why they don't just move it from SP to cave of sadistic glee, it would have the perfect instance name and there is absolutely no quest in that instance other than that bugged fire and water orb quest that nobody does. I think someone already mentioned before that it is the same distance from 1k as SP is to archosaur.
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Ok how about this then, make an npc just inside the instance that has a quest, only accessible to players in the "lowbie" range, which, when activated, triggers the npc to cast an "immune to damage" or even reflect buff on the player that lasts for about 30 seconds or less, long enough to haul butt thru the room most of the pkers hang out in. Since the demonflames needed for one quest are off to the left of the start room, those can be grabbed without passing the pkers, and the ancient evils needed for another quest are further in, the only thing lowbies would have to worry about are stealthed sins, which, if you're 80+ running around sp in stealth mode away from the rest of the pkers, you're clearly there to harass lowbies and should be reported.

Being a very short buff, it'd run out before you get to shade eido or dismal or frost, so it wouldnt give lowbies any unfair advantage when going after the boss mobs, or even the standard mobs in there as it'd run out just around the first or second corner and lets face it, if you've ran past and aggrod 10 mobs without attacking them... you deserve to die anyways..

also, give this npc another "quest related" menu item, similar to the ones the teleport masters in EG home city and TB home city have where it'll teleport you to the BH/FB instance for free if you're within a certain level range

Or you could just have an NPC in SP, Just port you or your squad too a PK free copy instance in SP similar to how the fbs work "If your on squad your in there, if not your not.." that would be a good idea, might actually work.... b:victoryb:thanks
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    that bugged fire and water orb quest that nobody does

The quest is not bugged and work as intended, as far as I can see. Myself, and many of my friends already did it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No blood rain, those of us who need to get our one-to-one fight fix play games that are specific to this very idea. Games that are designed for this very purpose. Honestly, PK in MMO is second rate to Quake Wars Enemy Territory. Or any first person shooter.
    Those of us in FPS land think PK in games like this are a joke. Really, it is. Honestly, when you need to get your real time fight on, go with first person.
    Additionally you don't get the luxury of winning by virtue of the fact you are 20 or 30 levels higher than someone else. Or even lamer, buying your way into winning to make up for a lack of skills.
    No, in fact there's an equality built in to all these fps games that mandate you have skills, are intelligent, think fast and win by virtue of a combination of talents and ability to out wit your opponent.
    This flew right over your head, didn't it? Of course it did. I doubt most MMO types would last very long in a real gamers world of first person. This includes the ability to run all over cities, duck, cover, run, attack, drive, fly and everything else, just like fighting in rl. Instead mmo fighting under these strict confines? Pfft, please, what a joke. You have NO IDEA what real fighting games are like and most of you couldn't **** it anyway. That's why they play mmo, can't run with the big dogs. It's too much.
    Don't you have a cave or something to go in?
    edited September 2011
    I can already see what's going to happen when maintenance day rolls around.

"Sorry to inform you that we will not be having a maintenance tonight. See yah!"

or

"Minor localization changes...blah blah blah *nofixtoSPandmoarpacks*...enjoy!"
  • Sympsy - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    The quest is not bugged and work as intended, as far as I can see. Myself, and many of my friends already did it.

Well if it isn't bugged it is still not a cultivation quest and that is one quest compared to the many quests that low levels get in Secret Passage. I think you get the quest for that at level 50-60? I'm pretty sure that fire water orb quest is only quest you get in cave of sadistic glee but I could be wrong. Either way I'm fairly sure there is no cultivation quests or map opening quest mobs in that instance. It would be perfect to move the free PK to Cave of Sadistic Glee to avoid griefing the lower level players.
  • NexusCrisis - Sanctuary
    NexusCrisis - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Okay, I like this update "SOMEWHAT", but if people will learn to ignore the people who are low lvl and only attack them if they hit you,yet all I see is random vindis,enyl,redraidrs,EVERYONE, killing these helpless low lvls, What ever happened to the moral that you we're a low lvl once and understanding they were questing? o.o

It sickens me to see this after an update/glitch, I mean come on; wasn't this a "Decent" respecting community once? What ever happened to others respecting others doing only quests and never want to get involved in pvp? (The low lvls).

Unless we allow a way to switch blue name pk on or off, I am atleast gonna follow the old ways of not killing these helpless low lvls. If you have any decency any high lvl would do the same.

/rant over.

Anyway, I do hope next update it will be fixed.

~Nexus, and I hope you guys will learn from my point of view to respect these questers, EVEN the silver frost quest.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What I have learned from all of this is that many PvE server people have a mortal phobia of PvP.

why exactly did you think we rolled on PvE servers to begin with? why did YOU?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What I have learned from all of this is that many PvE server people have a mortal phobia of PvP. Honestly, this looks unhealthy :/

Yes numb nuts that must be it. We so have a mortal phobia of a level 100+ plowing down those of us below level 90 as we know we have even a small chance to live and could take down a pack of players who are geared to weekly do TW. That has to be it... we are just scared out of our boots.

What planet do YOU live on idiot?
This discussion has been closed.