PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Options

Comments

• FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Currently 10:46am Los Angeles Time....

Also, frankie posted on forums... Today!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14658001&postcount=1326

Oh frankieeeeeee....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • X_Reiko_x - Lost City
    X_Reiko_x - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Get someone to bramble you before you go in and watch the sins kill themselves lol.
    Had some newb sins reflecting themselves for 8k while hitting me for 600 XD

HAHAHAHAHA awesome susamajii i woulda paid real money to watch that chit.b:laugh
  • Squittles - Harshlands
    Squittles - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can all of you nabs realize that pvp is legal in every instance. You can kill someone in anything from fb19-99. There is nothing wrong with being able to pk people in SP. It's just another instance. Stop QQing already geeze!! b:laugh
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Trust me, frankieraye works at the PWE offices in California. Therefore, he won't be at the office for another 10 and a half hours, and that even depends on how he's feeling. The trip to China really messed him up, and he hasn't been feeling the greatest since then. PWI, due to the office that hosts it being in California, actually hasn't even switched over to Monday on all of its servers yet, so no, PWI has not rolled over to Monday. Your part of the world does not dictate the time in the rest of the world (thus the reason for time zones). If you are on the East Coast, don't expect to see any responses from frankie or any GM until after 1pm EDT.

I may have missed it, but it's after 11am Pacific(ie. California's) time zone. Has there been any kind of official response yet or are we still getting silence?
  • X_Reiko_x - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Finally,I read to the end of post...

Honestly,I love this game very much.Started last year,on Harshlands.But then I was so fed up got killed every time i was doing my quest.So when my friend suggested to come to Raging Tide,I just followed and manage to get my Veno and Cleric to lvl 60++.

I'm blue name all along..And I wonder if the Devs remember what blue name means?

I don't like getting murdered when I am helping a friend for BH.I don't like being attacked by another blue name to prove that he is stronger than me.

So now,can anyone tells me,what is blue name?If a blue name can't immune from getting PKed,why is blue name still exist?

yea, next patch idea, do away with all blue names, so i can go take my happy *** to a starting city and aoe all the lvl 2's - woot. fktard pw developers. i have faithfully followed this game since its debut in the states, pumped a chitload of cash into this game, shut up when i disagreed with alot of chit, but this time... you have all shoved your own heads up your own a$$es. hope you enjoy the view. oh, and dont threaten me with a ban because of my language, cuz you know what, not my fking loss, it would be yours. i would keep my money and you would get none of it.b:fatb
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can all of you nabs realize that pvp is legal in every instance. You can kill someone in anything from fb19-99. There is nothing wrong with being able to pk people in SP. It's just another instance. Stop QQing already geeze!! b:laugh

Some of us are on PvE servers and we can't be PvP'ed in other FB instances(unless they've changed that too) blue named... so NO we won't stop QQ'ing.b:angry
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Currently 10:46am Los Angeles Time....

Also, frankie posted on forums... Today!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=14658001&postcount=1326

Oh frankieeeeeee....

Yep I'm right here :)

On the SP situation - as I said before, we're compiling a list of complaints and monitoring the situation for now. There isn't much else to report, as it's only been 6 days since the change itself.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yep I'm right here :)

Great! So is something going to be changed or are PvE'ers still just told to suck it up?

Ok, that was what i wanted to know, I'm done... goodbye PWI
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Great! So is something going to be changed or are PvE'ers still just told to suck it up?

Nothing is scheduled to be changed yet, but again, it's only been a few days. It's pretty clear that the majority of players are not happy with this change, so we'll bring that up to the developers and see what we can do.
  • X_Reiko_x - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

blue names, BLUE NAMES. a level 100+ pking a lvl 2x and lower. sure pk in SP, just dont be a d!ck about it. quest blocking is still bannable. so before you bash someone for QQing, make sure to point out the QQers. all my posts are in concern for the bluenames and the lowbies who want to enjoy the game as much as you and i do. you were 2x once, and im sure if you think back you can remember how frustrating it was to be ganked by alot of chit cuz you werent as skilled and geared as you are now. go alt lvl a toon to 28 and go do your quests in SP, ALONE. then come back here and tell me how easy it was for you. and as far as my mind can remember, not once have i been able to pk any 2x and lower in any fb19 or 29. im still confused about that one.
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    buffnuts wrote: »

Ok, that was what i wanted to know, I'm done... goodbye PWI

frankie is basically saying, "Wait a few months." Then a few months later we'll learn that secret passage will 'soon' be reverted back to a non-forced pk area. Then a few months later we'll get more info on the change that will be 'coming very soon'.
  • X_Reiko_x - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Nothing is scheduled to be changed yet, but again, it's only been a few days. It's pretty clear that the majority of players are not happy with this change, so we'll bring that up to the developers and see what we can do.

from me, personally, thank you frankieraye for at least making a comment concerning this.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    frankie is basically saying, "Wait a few months." Then a few months later we'll learn that secret passage will 'soon' be reverted back to a non-forced pk area. Then a few months later we'll get more info on the change that will be 'coming very soon'.

^

SP fix, just in time for Christmas 2012.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    When one finds a problem that is hurting so much does one simply ignore it saying it isn't there?

If your foot was turning into a festering pocket of gangrene infecton would you ignore it till it falls off or you die ?

When will the responses occur vs what appears to be the system hoping we all give in, saying we just have to allow them to dictate who we are and how we live in game?

How many people have to leave to hurt the pocket book enough to have PWI go "Oh no something is wrong our profits have not went up but fell in a large way."

Shakes my head:

Well if all that is going to keep going on is PWI is going to bury their heads in the sand like a certain flightless bird. You will need to keep in mind that this will not simply go away.

b:shocked
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ^

SP fix, just in time for Christmas 2012.

And by then it will be a ghost town b:chuckle Oh and say hi to Kesh for me Fate!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    On the SP situation - as I said before, we're compiling a list of complaints and monitoring the situation for now. There isn't much else to report, as it's only been 6 days since the change itself.

Can you explain us how you are "monitoring the situation". No one in the 6 days since this was changed ever saw the nose one ONE GM or Administrator in the SP instance....

I'm afraid this is only more sweet talk to try to stop the fire.

And quite frankly, 6 days of this mess is even too much...

PWI's new equipment for Customer service and Community Managing employees :
    http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1828/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1828R-3398.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Sin_pker - Harshlands
    Sin_pker - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pking u cant do to any blue name on PvE servers. i 1 shot a lvl 29 going in for his fb when i was soling a bh 29 on my archer for someone. i called in a cleric to rez him, and he said everything was fine. accidents happen in SP yea when clearing mobs, i know. BUT when ur carrying someone through the instance to kill mobs. and BOTH get aoe'd and ur blue named!??!?!? i wasnt 1 shot due to my charm, but her at lvl 32 and being blue named she was. u cant pk ANYONE BLUE in PvE servers. OTHER than i think BH100 for Metal, and now SP. ive seen a lvl 20 get pked in there going for his weapon token. u rreally dont think we will rage about this? try being new to the game and doing quests, and not knowing alot about the game. ive seen people fully leave the game. oh and people sit in SZ and aoe everyone out of it. seen that, ive also seen people aoe Safe Zone in there. now since ur calling us out for "qQQing" you most likely an idiot that pked lowbies. and therefore, you lvl an alt, so we can pk u on a PvE server, where ut not supposed to be able to get pked while being blue, OR under lvl 30. i know of a few factions that will have some fun with u and make ur life hell on every PvE server. most are 95 or 100+ factions. so please, go to a PvE server, and they camp u.
  • Storm_Tide - Harshlands
    Storm_Tide - Harshlands Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah, well, don't plan on complaining via the ticketing system. They already have a standard answer for you:
    The Secret Passage instance is now fully open to PVP, meaning you can get PKed 
    even if youdo not have PVP mode enabled. The new rules are retroactive to the patch with 
    the changes.

Please post any feedback you have in the forum sticky announcing the changes. This 
    allows us to centralize all of this feedback and then forward it to the developers in 
    China. Customer Service has no influence over these changes, so emailing us directly 
    will not help things get changed any sooner.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180311 

Basically: We can't help you. Go whine in the forum.
    What's the point of having a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people? b:sin
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Frankie! For the love of greater good!

We NEED RULES!

Even if you can't do a thing about the programming, you and the others should put a few rules in the SP so that the high levels will let the lowbies be.

As of now, the SP instance is nothing but a Far West zone where the strong rule, kill and generally harass the innocents.
  • Sin_pker - Harshlands
    Sin_pker - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

ur on Harshlands and i remember you. PvE servers have R9 blue names. PvE u can be blue to avoid PvP. ur on a PvP server... so obvioudly u can pk people in instances ur white at lvl 30. PvE imagine a 100 character being blue like their under lvl 30 on a PvP server. they cant pk and they cant get pked. BUT in SP they can do both, and NOT drop a damn thing. also since blue names can get pked, thats putting everyone UNDER lvl 30 able to get pked, on any server. Squittles... ur a 100+ character. so ur white... well technically ur blood red. go to a PvE server, and get pked at lvl 20. u will rage alot. granted my archer is 67 on there, so he would be white named on harshlands. either way im blue on there, and i was doing mobs for a lvl 32 friend in there. im usually sitting in there flying lowbies through for their weapon token, or fb. even then at 29, ill get aoe'd by a 100 veno. wont be 1 shot due to charm, but they will be and their UNDER lvl 30. so Squittles.... please.. if ur NOT on a PvE server... and have do deal with it? stay out of it.
  • frankieraye
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Can you explain us how you are "monitoring the situation". No one in the 6 days since this was changed ever saw the nose one ONE GM or Administrator in the SP instance....

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/1828/PreviewComp/SuperStock_1828R-3398.jpg

Monitoring the situation not only in-game, but also here on the forums and through Customer Service tickets.
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

The GM's are probably all the Enrage bullies who are blockading SP so no one else can enter the instance. Every unsuspecting quester gets killed and the bullies feel great that they killed someone 1/2 to 1/3 their lvl. See .... PWI is doing a public service by encouraging bullies to make life miserable for the rest of us.
  • Hardfox - Sanctuary
    Hardfox - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    honestly im kinda of two minds about this ....i am a part of a tw faction so at least once weekly i do do some pvp on a pve server ....but i dont really agree with sp ..i think it woulda made more sence to do this in sadistic glee (even tho there are the albasterand onyxian transience) if the devs see the need to bring the pvp to an instance ... althought to be totally honest id like to a see what they have going on in SP in a totally seperate part of the map .... no one in there cept the ones that wanna be ...have it any lvl so that you can go in and get killed at a low lvl cause thats part of learning too ...as for the questing ...i did every quest on my first toon ..even the normal ones just for the sake of doingthem cause im a no lifer and spend very little money in game but hey you need something to do right b:victory
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok he admits he realized tons of people are ticked off. Very good observation, how astute. Frankie I believe the masses have spoken. It's time to listen up and listen good.

And I like this, he'll "bring it up" next time he talks to the devs. Bring it up????? Really?
    What a slap in the face that is. No Frankie, I think you need to directly insist this situation be resolved in a timely manner before we pack our bags and leave. Think you're the only game in town? News flash, you're not!

Last note, they'll "monitor" this situation. Oh really? Several of us spent all weekend in game. Several times just hanging out in the front room of SP. There were ZERO GM's or moderators of any kind in Secret Passage all weekend. How do I know this? Because I have watched SP become Enraged factions pawning ground over the last few days to the point they now control and dominate SP. Yesterday was by far the worst and unless stopped, the GRIEFING will continue unabated.

Here's an update to save any further "monitoring" of the situation, which you are NOT doing.
    The only people allowed access past the first room are Enraged faction members. They will group together, squad up, and buff each other to decimate any one else who dares try to enter.
    You can ask (beg) to enter. They will say sure, you can enter. And you will be killed. Then they joke and laugh. Yea, ha ha real funny.
    Additionally, they are now requesting people pay coins to enter. Isn't this EXTORTION? Frankie? PWI? Are you listening? Extortion, like street thugs, a gang. Demanding coins to pass and they'll still kill you anyway once you are stupid enough to take the bait once again. DO YOU GET THIS?
    So if the intent was to create a PK zone it has failed. Instead what we have is a group of childish thugs who grief players, taunt and curse at people after they start getting irritated.
    They even set up a catshop in there at the entry way yesterday called "PayToPass" I guess this is to make sure any new victims know the score once you enter SP. Again, they'll still kill you anyway.
    A PK zone? Really? So why aren't the Enraged members fighting each other if PK is really what it's all about? No, they don't. They sit in there waiting to gang up on anyone or any squad that tries to rush in. Rush past them. Fly over. Nothing works. Enraged will kill you everytime. The rudeness, the harassment, the thuggery I saw this weekend has really disappointed me. Honestly, I think Enraged should be banned for this mafia style operation.

It's not a PK zone. It's a mafia street gang extortion scheme.

But what can we do? Right? Well, I'm not buying gold for awhile I know that! No packs, no charms, no hypers, no fashion. Nothing. I can do that. And I will. I'll live.

I also talked to my friends and we decided to NEVER buy from ANY catshop with an Enraged logo. The Enraged name is hated by all now. Trust me on this. Hated barely describes the way people feel about Enraged now. Perhaps Enraged was despised before for TW. But now we all despise Enraged. Notice the Enraged icon is the anarchy symbol? How accurate! Truly what SP has become. And now the Perfect World isn't looking any where near perfect. In fact it's quite flawed now.

Enraged is how we the paying customers feel about PWI's failure to fix this problem. Or the whole brain dead idea to begin with. Epic failure guys! Epic indeed.

So do you bite the hand that feeds? Do you forsake the masses in favor of the few? How long before people stop playing and find other newer games? What is your projected forecast for the upcoming years? As a business major I can tell you that there's a major problem here with your product and service. You need to quickly act to rectify this imbalance or risk losing revenue. To do otherwise is short-sighted and subject to ultimate failure in the end.
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For those of you who DON"T know yet..... this WASN"T intended..... the devs F'ED up big time making the world tourney rooms (which they put IN SP somewhere). They (once again) screwed up, changing the code for ALL of SP (in the chinese version cause the Tourney was IN China) instead, making the entire ZONE PK enabled. Then a month later or w/e we get the update that changed OUR SP to a PK enabled zone and they try to cover it up.

And for those of you saying put it in Sadistic Glee cave..... ya... good one. ALOT OF US LIKE DOING OUR QUESTS! Besides the bosses in there there's the divine mobs now and whatever else, it'll end up just being the same ****. Here's a thought.... USE THE DAMN ARENA!

Honestly... does anyone know another good ACTUALLY FtP game that's as good as this (used to be)? I've been looking... can't find one (has to be one with a AH though, cause i dont' leave my PC on 24/7 to sell ****.). >.> Im' getting tired of playing a game where the management's a bunch of morons....
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Have you heard, Frankie?
    Because of a faction (Heaven's Tear) or a selected few, things are really out of control.

If you can't do anything programming-wise, at least set some rules, or go in there with your character and start cleaning the campers out so that the lowbies can go through.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Monitoring the situation not only in-game, but also here on the forums and through Customer Service tickets.
    Y'know, Frankie... we could use a little understanding and support right about now. Oh, and honesty.

Nothing much... just "hey guys, sorry we were sort of forced to paint a happy face on this, the truth is the devs screwed up big and we're as exasperated as you all, we dunno how long it's gonna take em to fix it, but we're totally going to bat for you on this so just hang in there."

That'd be nice.

In case you've forgotten, frankie, this is NOT the first time you've been called on trying to pull one over on your community. The only difference is, LAST time you actually fessed up afterwards. And we were honestly pretty forgiving, too, so I'm not sure what compels you to keep up this charade. >_<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Frankie.... Are you even aware that all tickets sent in regard to the problem with PKing in SP are redirected to this thread?
    he Secret Passage instance is now fully open to PVP, meaning you can get PKed
    even if youdo not have PVP mode enabled. The new rules are retroactive to the patch with
    the changes.

Please post any feedback you have in the forum sticky announcing the changes. This
    allows us to centralize all of this feedback and then forward it to the developers in
    China. Customer Service has no influence over these changes, so emailing us directly
    will not help things get changed any sooner.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1180311

So you admit that the only monitoring you are doing is letting people rant in here.

Did you even took the time to read the 120+ pages posted here so far? Me bet you did not.

Did you even took the time to have a look at what is going on in SP on HT? Me bet you did not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Don't think many will bother to send tickets since we all know harassment is allowed now, and the result will only be a big "**** you" answer.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So the polls and a 127 page thread full of angry players/customers isn't a big enough hint that there's a major problem that needs to be fixed ASAP? I'm not real sure what monitoring the situation for a few weeks or months is going to do. The players can see what's going on very clearly. Why can't the people that are supposedly running the show?

Oh right... the people abusing others are the people spending thousands of dollars on the game. FFS you already have their money! Hit them with the ban hammer and fix the damn game.

This whole situation reminds of parents in RL that let their kids call all the shots.
This discussion has been closed.