Autopatch servers - FIXED as of 9:40p Sept 11 California Time

darthpanda16
darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
Please try using manual patches if you can from here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

The auto patch servers seem to be having some problems. We know about it.
Please stop reporting it on the forums and in tickets. The engineers are working on it.

If you can't seem to get the manual patches working ok for you, please wait until later in the day, or try tomorrow.

Thanks you all for reporting it! b:victory

(sidenote, this seems to be affecting JD, ESO as well)
Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
Post edited by darthpanda16 on

Comments

• nunyabusiness
    nunyabusiness Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Could there be something wrong with the download link for pwi also? Everytime I click the direct download button a box comes up with a loading bar and after two seconds it disappears. nothing happens after that. no launcher no installation guide nothing b:sad
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2011
    It may affect that as well, but it shouldn't as that is handled by Pando networks. Engineers are still working on the patch servers.

Try again later.

In the mean time, please make sure that your antivirus and firewall isn't blocking the download.

Please see the FAQS here on the forums and on the Support website.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • tideriser
    tideriser Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    can you post when the engineers finish fixing it please??? because it seems that EVERY time i try to... it goes like half way or 3/4 of the way and freezes and keeps saying error... not only today other days in the past too..
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2011
    Still being worked on.

You can try the manual patches.

Otherwise, this may apply to you:

Please see if any of the information below might help you...

Restart your PC and network hardware first.

Add the game folder and/or game files (all .exe file types) to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above.

If you need further help, when you reply back to us, or contact us, please answer the following questions:

What exactly did you try in the information presented to you?

What changes to your software did you make?

What errors did you get?

Thanks!
  • Jayleipsy - Heavens Tear
    Jayleipsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That is the exact same info I was given when I submitted a ticket and NONE of it works, still can't download the game
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2011
    As of about 10pm last night California time, the engineers told us the patch servers are fixed.

They worked all day on them, sorry for the inconvenience guys.

The manual patches usually work pretty good, and I mirror them too to hopefully help cover when things like this happen.
  • darthpanda16
    edited September 2011
    Please note the EU/FR/DE (ONLY) servers may have to wait until the update server reset tonight (not for US tonight) for the auto patch servers to work.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ah, I was wondering where the sticky had gone. =) Glad to see the auto-patch servers got fixed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3