PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    -Quit and go play another game is another option too... maybe tetris yup i'll try tetris online XDb:laugh

Bwhahahaha, I should add that to my list lol b:pleased
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Sole_Archer - Heavens Tear
    Sole_Archer - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

the whole illustion stone can kill you cause the mobs when you tele in hit you, if you keep it pk area make it blue names not allowed to kill they must be in pk mode, since nothing drops apparently please fix this i cant get any bh done for my friend. illusion stone kills him and so do lvl 100 op characters
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Again guys, it's 1:52 in the morning in California. If you want to check the time click here. http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Pacific/d/-8/java I wouldn't ever expect a response from PWE on the weekends, or at super late hours in the morning.

Anyway, Frankie is only a puppet that say what his boss tells him to say. Read the first post : it's pretty clear the individual(s) who told him what to write about this mess never played PW.

KrittyCat wrote: »
    If you are on the East Coast, don't expect to see any responses from frankie or any GM until after 1pm EDT.[/COLOR]

I would edit your message like this : "don't expect to see any responses from frankie or any GM"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No desire to read 100+ pages.

Great job PWE continuing your streak of laziest "fixes" ever encountered. Curious on how far that work ethic will take you..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • deadmorethanu
    deadmorethanu Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PWI....WTF are you thinking? ARE you thinking? Why are you punishing all the low to mid-level characters in the game? Do you not realize that many of those people drive cash shop sales just as much as the high levels? Do you not realize that many of the people you just took quests and bh's away from are bored high levels who made alts? Why **** them all over? You just gave the high levels Theater of Blood. Many of the instances like Jungle Ruins are owned by them and anyone w/o r9 gear shouldn't even bother. The end game players already own so much of the game, why give them our first dungeon? Why would I play a game that takes content away from me? My low level characters can't finish their quests and my higher level characters can't help lower level guildies cuz I'm not a super-sharded level 100. You say there aren't any culti quests in there but I can think of 5 other quests with good rewards that a low level needs, and to pay 5000 to enter an instance where you could die immediately shouldn't have to be an option.

This is lazy, unimaginitive, stupid, idiotic, uncompassionate, careless, and ridiculous of you. I could go on. I don't know why we bother telling you how much we hate this. PWI doesn't listen. We've hate the horns but they're still there. We hate all the red spam that makes it so difficult to chat, but it's still there.

Were you trying to make me quit, PWI? Well, mission accomplished.
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You should at least have someone MONITORING the Secret Passages in ALL servers!
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If he's so sick, at least he could have said it sooner. You know, even a short "Guys, I've been to china and now I feel sick. I'll come back to you when I feel better to solve this issue" would have been great.

That's what I'd do even if I had high fever.

It's a five minutes post and it lets the community know that we're not being completely ignored.

This excuses NOTHING. He is NOT the only GM employed by PW. We should have got an immediate answer like Thursday when this thread exploded.
    Or you know that other really funny GM could post, Sihndra. I like him. He's hilarious. It seems he helped Frankie with that other post. I don't expect Frankie to come to work and drop everything over a video game, his health comes first. Nothing in this game is so important that someone should sacrifice doing whatever they've been told to do by the doctors. I empathize with Frankie, but no company should come to halt in answering it's customers concerns just because one person is sick. Any GM response would be nice later today. When the offices are actually open. I hope Frankie gets well soon. :P

Really? Seriously? A Multi-MILLION dollar company does not have the money to scrape together to pay someone/anyone to be be here for customer concerns through the weekend?
    Or better yet, to give answers during a debacle like this? Sorry, I have NO sympathy.

Most of us are just waiting for an official word on what THEY plan to do about this, if anything. I can guarantee you if they plan to do NOTHING, there will be many people who uninstall and never look back.
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

Really? I've not seen anything monitored since it was done. Matter of fact, all I've seen is you blow off the fact that you have 100+ pages of griping on a thread and a poll with over 400 ppl saying they strongly oppose this change. QUIT LYING TO US.
  • Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am not going to cry over it. I have the choice of staying or leaving. I also have the choice whether to line the pockets or not of a corporation that has proven time and time again that they ignore the majority while catering to the select few.

How did that work last time for you PW? If I recall correctly, a large number of the community got fed up and left after you implemented retarted TW rules.

Being realistic here, if high level players have been crying for a pvp area, then the perfect place would have been a high level area. Outside FC would have been a much better choice. Then all those 100's standing around waiting for squads would have had something to do (and that woud have been more about choice), and also would have made the playing field a little more even. But wait...they don't want fair. They want to pick on the a little old level 20-40s.

I just wonder if they have been buying and smoking to much crack with all that money they make off of all of us.

Just my opinion..I may be right, I may be wrong
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • Takeva - Heavens Tear
    Takeva - Heavens Tear Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Really? I've not seen anything monitored since it was done. Matter of fact, all I've seen is you blow off the fact that you have 100+ pages of griping on a thread and a poll with over 400 ppl saying they strongly oppose this change. QUIT LYING TO US.

Quoted because well... it's true.

Feels like we are just being ignored. If this stays I think that a lot of the newer people to pw wouldn't want to stay long. Especially if they chose a PvE server and as soon as they get their first quest to enter SP they get ganked by a bunch of high lvls. Not cool.
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    FerClaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Or you know that other really funny GM could post, Sihndra. I like him. He's hilarious. It seems he helped Frankie with that other post. I don't expect Frankie to come to work and drop everything over a video game, his health comes first. Nothing in this game is so important that someone should sacrifice doing whatever they've been told to do by the doctors. I empathize with Frankie, but no company should come to halt in answering it's customers concerns just because one person is sick. Any GM response would be nice later today. When the offices are actually open. I hope Frankie gets well soon. :P

I never said that he should die for a game, but there are facts that makes me wonder...

Obviously, the trip to China happened before this mess exploded in our faces (I mean, the plane trip is half a day long, put at least a day for the meeting and another half a day to go back to america), yet he still posted this new and a comment about using the Illusion Stone.

Then it was silence.

Already from the first posts, people complained, so it wouldn't have taken much to foresee where this was going, and if he was sick (and still is), he would have spent a couple of minutes to warn us, or at least tell some other GM/mod/whatever to tell us that.

YET...

It took... what? over 118 pages of rapidly growing thread, over two days for a mod (they probably got told that Frankie was sick only now) and several "Frankie is off to play another game" to warn us?

If it was me, I would have let people know my health status BEFORE we got to this point, either in a way or in another, so that people wouldn't consider me a slacker and someone that ignored the community just because it's too bothersome to read 120+ pages of pissed people.

But again, Frankie is not me and I don't even know him, so I can't say why he didn't warn us sooner, if there was a valid reason for his disappearance (what kind of sickness? Nausea? A debilitating illness? A dangerous virus that will eventually kill him if not cured within minutes?)

And as others said, where are the other GMs? So far, after Frankie disappeared, I've only seen Shelly and Kritty take part in this thread to find a temporary solution to this madness.
    edited September 2011

Already from the first posts, people complained, so it wouldn't have taken much to foresee where this was going, and if he was sick (and still is), he would have spent a couple of minutes to warn us, or at least tell some other GM/mod/whatever to tell us that.

Let me fix this for you, this "Frankie being sick biz" is BS. He was seen on other threads posting on Friday. He has CHOSEN to ignore this b/c he simply doesn't want to deal with it. About 50 pages back someone showed PROOF as to where he posted on other threads in THIS forum on Friday. So this lame excuse that he's sick and can't do his job, is just another attempt to placate those of us who are ticked off for being ignored.
  • mrsl
    mrsl Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    why secret passage why not an arena we have one doesnt it work and why pk players 50 and 70 lvls lower then u yes most mobs are outside and your can use stone to port to fb for 20k or 60k if your doing bh which low lvs dont have that kinda cash unless its an alt and what about shade eido dismal and frost just because u can be a jerk doesnt mean u have to b one
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Let me fix this for you, this "Frankie being sick biz" is BS. He was seen on other threads posting on Friday. He has CHOSEN to ignore this b/c he simply doesn't want to deal with it. About 50 pages back someone showed PROOF as to where he posted on other threads in THIS forum on Friday. So this lame excuse that he's sick and can't do his job, is just another attempt to placate those of us who are ticked off for being ignored.
    Thanks for fixing it.
    I don't read other threads as of now, and I think I missed that particular post with the proof that he was online and posting at the time, so I didn't know
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for fixing it.
    I don't read other threads as of now, and I think I missed that particular post with the proof that he was online and posting at the time, so I didn't know

Np, I just don't want you to be misled. Or anyone else for that matter!
  • FerClaw - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I'm trying to be lenitent with him, I know that managing a community this large is hard and tiring at times, but this is just... well, Frankie is really not helping his image by ignoring this thread..
    edited September 2011
    I'm trying to be lenitent with him, I know that managing a community this large is hard and tiring at times, but this is just... well, Frankie is really not helping his image by ignoring this thread..

The issue is really this, no matter how large the community is; this is a multi million dollar company. To pretend they don't have the resources to hire more than 1 person to run the show, is a farce. There is absolutely NO reason this kind of blatant disregard for their player base should be going on. Frankie can't handle the community alone? Hire him some help! The fact of weather or not he's at work or not isn't our problem. The fact is, this company has a huge amount of income, there should be someone here to give us answers and address our concerns. The mods, are moderators. They are not decision makers. And while they can keep the peace here and try to keep us informed, they are not employees of PW, and therefore can not speak in whole on behalf of the company.

To begin with, I believe that there should be a GM (or even a MOD) in game at all times to address peoples issues and concerns.

To be honest, what I wouldn't give for a GM's Wep and Cape so I could run into the SP and OWN all the Pker's who've nothing better to do then to pick on low lvl ppl. THAT in my opinion, would be "monitoring" the situation
  • shoutboxer
    shoutboxer Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Perhaps one frankieraye and the rest of the support it has nothing to write on this topic.
    In the German PW forum until now nothing has been written by the support on the situation in the SP.
    It looks as if the support was ordered globally, nothing to write about the "deliberate" situation in the SP.
    The German ticket support refers only to this thread here in the U.S. forum.

I wonder what would happen if the link of that thread is sent to a few MMO pages and Games Magazines. ^^

This text was translated by Google.
    TraumLand ist eine Gemeinschaft von netten und hilfsbereiten Spielern. Schau dir doch einfach mal unsere Website an.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ffs people I never said implied he was dying or that another person shouldnt have done something Friday. Im saying the guy should listen to his doctor whatever was said. Which is not any of our business. Another gm should have said somethinh Friday. But for whatever reason they did not. That means we have to wait until their offices are open. To be honest it sounds like Frankie and the team dont understand the importance of followership. An organization should be able to function if the leader is sick otherwise that leader is taking on too many of the responsibility without enough explanations or backup planss for emergency.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Raaaaaageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee b:angry b:angry b:angry

Im still waiting for a frigging reply,it doesn't take to be healty to write something on a computer(Or tell someone else to do).
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited September 2011
    Ffs people I never said implied he was dying or that another person shouldnt have done something Friday. Im saying the guy should listen to his doctor whatever was said. Which is not any of our business. Another gm should have said somethinh Friday. But for whatever reason they did not. That means we have to wait until their offices are open. To be honest it sounds like Frankie and the team dont understand the importance of followership. An organization should be able to function if the leader is sick otherwise that leader is taking on too many of the responsibility without enough explanations or backup planss for emergency.

What I been saying!
  • ShannyChan - Raging Tide
    ShannyChan - Raging Tide Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Finally,I read to the end of post...

Honestly,I love this game very much.Started last year,on Harshlands.But then I was so fed up got killed every time i was doing my quest.So when my friend suggested to come to Raging Tide,I just followed and manage to get my Veno and Cleric to lvl 60++.

I'm blue name all along..And I wonder if the Devs remember what blue name means?

I don't like getting murdered when I am helping a friend for BH.I don't like being attacked by another blue name to prove that he is stronger than me.

So now,can anyone tells me,what is blue name?If a blue name can't immune from getting PKed,why is blue name still exist?
  • Autumn_Hope - Archosaur
    Autumn_Hope - Archosaur Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What I been saying!

Lets give the guy a break. He is just the middle man and this whole mess was probably making him sick even before the post came out. He is just the public relations dude and has to do as he is told, despite his personal feelings on the topic.

I think it is safe to assume that he does not have any new information to pass on at this time, so what can he possibly say if they (PW) refuse to do anything? This is a lose/lose situation for him. Come on, a little compassion for a hard job people. I sure as heck wouldn't want his job.

Lets stick to the issue and not start personally attacking him please.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raging Tides - MorningStar_ lvl 7x cleric
    Dreamweaver - Autumn_Hope lvl 8x Cleric
    Arch-Autumn_Hope (Band of Brothers Leader) - lvl 9x Cleric

Silly people keep proving my theory correct.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Really? Seriously? A Multi-MILLION dollar company does not have the money to scrape together to pay someone/anyone to be be here for customer concerns through the weekend?
    Or better yet, to give answers during a debacle like this? Sorry, I have NO sympathy.[/COLOR]

They are even too cheap to pay for moderators for their forums : they hire volunteers to do their work for free.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear
    Ms_Mystic - Heavens Tear Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Trust me, frankieraye works at the PWE offices in California. Therefore, he won't be at the office for another 10 and a half hours, and that even depends on how he's feeling. The trip to China really messed him up, and he hasn't been feeling the greatest since then. PWI, due to the office that hosts it being in California, actually hasn't even switched over to Monday on all of its servers yet, so no, PWI has not rolled over to Monday. Your part of the world does not dictate the time in the rest of the world (thus the reason for time zones). If you are on the East Coast, don't expect to see any responses from frankie or any GM until after 1pm EDT.

At least we know now that the GMs will never be on before 1 PM eastern time (10 AM California time).
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There are a miniscule amount of quests that are in SP.

the same can be said for every single area of this game. by this "logic", there really is no reason for any of the servers to remain PvE. i assume you'd be fine with that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
    edited September 2011
    There are a miniscule amount of quests that are in SP. Not doing them will not hamper your progress(except Silver) in this game.

Did you include every OHT quest that can not be gotten till Silver Frost is killed?
    edited September 2011

Or better yet, to give answers during a debacle like this? Sorry, I have NO sympathy.

Most of us are just waiting for an official word on what THEY plan to do about this, if anything. I can guarantee you if they plan to do NOTHING, there will be many people who uninstall and never look back.

Businesses need customer service? I think they missed that class in business school.

They might get back to you Monday after their 10 AM Latte (California time) if they are not too tired.
  • XRykerx - Lost City
    XRykerx - Lost City Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Why in the name of CHRIST would you make a pvp enable instance open to the entire populace of a server?

Why should players be forced to fork out coins to teleport into the hall of deception?
    Why should lower levels and the people helping them have to tolerate being pk'd by high level jerk offs with a superiority complex?
    What kind of brain dead mentally deficient moron thought this would be a good idea?
    There's 3 bosses, 2 kinds of mobs and 1 dig quest to do in SP all of which are now impossible to do for low levels because they can't get 2 feet inside the door without a pk'r cutting them down.

This is nothing but an irresponsible, inconsiderate, stupid decision.
    Why do these pvp jerkoffs need a place to pk where lower level people are?
    Do they not have Arenas? do they not have silver pool? hidden orchid?
    and don't give me that " need a place to pvp with no drops" bullroar, every single pvp/pk'r uses your "ingenioused" safety lock 24 hours a day to prevent them from dropping while pking every living character in sight.

If you're going to do something as legitimately STUPID as this, Make a level CAP for pk's.
    No level 100 player should be permitted to pk anyone unde level 90. It's grossly unfair.

Make it a 10 level lower PK cap, so 50's cant attack 40's, 60's can't attack 50's, etc.
    THAT would be a fair and impartial PVP rule. The only people who would argue that are the ones who spend all day killing lowbies just to improve their pk rating, which is complete bulls!#%.
  • Sin_pker - Harshlands
    Sin_pker - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    they should program SP to only allow people lower than 30 to pk in there. its possible to do that, i was a GM on a pwi private server for 2 years and its possible to Program certain files to do that. isf pwi mods are this stupid to allow this? take out the boses/mob u need in there. take out silverfrost,shade eido, and dismal and just make it into an arena type instance. i moved to a PvE server for a reason. this was a dumbass move on pwi. they can ban me... w.e. anything that will help get this fixed im in for it, even if it is a damn ban. Mod's arent even posting on this. i think their a little scared to becaused if/when they do, there will be an outrage at them. if you want thios fixed? get a bunch of people going on world chat about it. i did it on Sactuary andit lasted for about 2 hours. this is just a marketing **** they do to make people pay more. if they want to lvl they will need to power level to get by it. and for new players, which is i know alot of people that i personally brought in recently. they quit the game because its a load of ****! thanks pwi for **** yourself over for brining in new players. I know US servers are a mirror of the China servers, and you cant fix it. BUT u also cant fix the dragon glitch. u make this allowed yet that bannable?please. get game mods that KNOW what their doing when u hire them. oh and get forum mods that listen to the player base. all that we ask is for game owners, or mods to listen to the community. we play this game, all u do is sit on ur *** in game showing ur "GM gear" off. please get new mods, players can see its needed... so, why cant you? i uhave pwi's offise number, if you want me to spam it and get people to call you idiots and get pissed at you, i will. you ban me for saying this? ill go to civil court. Freedom of Speech can be a ***** sometimes... cant it. and being a State Licensed Guard at a jail, im pretty sure i know what i can and cannot do.
This discussion has been closed.