Question

GoddessRin - Heavens Tear
GoddessRin - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
ya im looking at a player that is a blademaster yet is wearing stuff his/her class isnt allowed to wear like the lv60 cleric robes of the believer and teh Dark Night wings how is this even possible for a blademaster to use?
Post edited by GoddessRin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Were you in west dis and lagging? If so then almost everyone will show up as a Blademaster.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Screenshot or it didn't happen. Sorry, but we need actual proof of this that:

1: this is a Blademaster and not another class and
    2: you are not confusing any items for something else.

So yeah, screenshot it and let us see, otherwise there's nothing to keep anyone from telling you that you are lying or confused.
  • GoddessRin - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    no im sure this player is a blademaster it shows up in player info as blademaster and has a blademaster icon heres a screenshot i edited out the chat and my char info along with the player name and no i bearly ever lag my FPS is always around 20-30 in west disc arc and 50+ when im not there

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/Felaide/?action=view&current=2011-09-1122-37-26.jpg
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    no im sure this player is a blademaster it shows up in player info as blademaster and has a blademaster icon heres a screenshot i edited out the chat and my char info along with the player name

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/Felaide/?action=view&current=2011-09-1122-37-26.jpg

Look closely at that pic again, and look at the were there catshop is set up. You can see their faction, but there name underneath isn't showing... Thus when you clicked on them it probably showed up something like (P-followedbyrandomnumbers) and when you player infoed them it'll show them up as a Blademaster even though they are really a cleric. So this is all a result of lag.... well its probably not lag on your end, but maybe on pwi's end. I guess the best way the explain it is the game loads up graphics before it loads up players, and where there's a lot of players, sometimes the system might forget to put labels on the players, which results in seeing nameless blademasters or players named P-followedbyrandomnumbers.
  • aclucius318
    aclucius318 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    No, it's not, but I understand exactly why you thought it was. You are in west Archosaur.

If you close down your PWI client and open it back up and log back in, you can click on just about anyone in the immediate vicinity and it will say they are a Blademaster. This is because the default class is a Blademaster, so when you log into an area where there are a ton of other players, their character information will not load right away. Because it needs to call them something, it will refer to them as a Blademaster. Another example of this is when you log into West Archosaur, you will notice a lot of people, especially cat shops, will have a strange name such as P-158349856. Again, your client hasn't loaded this characters information and it has to assign something to them. So, it assigns the defaults, their character number and the Blademaster class default.

Trying making a BH squad right when you log in at West Archosaur, you'll notice that sometimes a player will show up as a Blademaster in the list, but you'll see they clearly are not with a MP pool more than three times their own HP or more.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is a client-server bug. Sometimes you will notice the game says people are Blademasters that aren't, and as mentioned will show up as P-239482 or something similar, which happens often in Archosaur, especially west Archosaur. If you see them using elven wings and cleric rank gear, guaranteed, it's a fricken cleric.
  • GoddessRin - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    ugh thats just soo confusing
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ya im looking at a player that is a blademaster yet is wearing stuff his/her class isnt allowed to wear like the lv60 cleric robes of the believer and teh Dark Night wings how is this even possible for a blademaster to use?

The way people encourage this game to be exploited especially on HT... I wouldnt doubt you actually saw it. I keep seeing more and more people pushing websites in game too... when will the gold scammers break thru? I keep waiting to see a 1 800 buy gold cat shop.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    The way people encourage this game to be exploited especially on HT... I wouldnt doubt you actually saw it. I keep seeing more and more people pushing websites in game too... when will the gold scammers break thru? I keep waiting to see a 1 800 buy gold cat shop.

Let's not cast aspersions on the character of players on specific servers.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.