Question: Is Archo Also PK enabled against blue names?

Options
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
I saw something mentioned in a thread a few days ago, that the whole of Archosaur is PK enabled, in the same manner Secret Passage is, where blue names can be killed by any PKer. I ask, because my daughter, currently on the game, has seen several dead blue names around the city.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
"Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
Playing here since '08b:heart
Post edited by FoxRunning - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That was a troll suggestion, at least I think it was a troll suggestion. I couldn't tell if they were serious or not. At any rate, pretty much nothing in the suggestion box is actually implemented in-game. Which is why they are you know, suggestions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I saw something mentioned in a thread a few days ago, that the whole of Archosaur is PK enabled, in the same manner Secret Passage is, where blue names can be killed by any PKer. I ask, because my daughter, currently on the game, has seen several dead blue names around the city.

For the dev's sake I hope not.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'd have an amazing time AoE-ing all the catshops if it were.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    For all our sakes, i hope that never happens. that will be the day i leave the game for sure, for then there will be no holding back the PKers, and the game would be little different, with PvE servers almost the same as PvP.

I hope you are right. But how can there be dead blue names, in a PVE server? and my daughter knows the difference between dead and someone playing with the emotes.

For the dev's sake I hope not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The dead blue names were very likely from someone dragging a boss with aoe through archo. It's currently not pvp enabled, as I'm sure the majority of the game base would quit if someone could just run through arch and massacre the population of the city.

<_< The majority of the players quitting would also get rid of those annoying catshops in west archo too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hm, true, that would be a possiblity, but how would a boss get into the west district area, where Hou Jensi is? thats where my daughter saw 3 of the dead. Gate guards keep out bosses usually, even Chin cant get in
    The dead blue names were very likely from someone dragging a boss with aoe through archo. It's currently not pvp enabled, as I'm sure the majority of the game base would quit if someone could just run through arch and massacre the population of the city.

<_< The majority of the players quitting would also get rid of those annoying catshops in west archo too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-FrankieRaye"
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Hm, true, that would be a possiblity, but how would a boss get into the west district area, where Hou Jensi is? thats where my daughter saw 3 of the dead. Gate guards keep out bosses usually, even Chin cant get in
    My guess would be Jewelscalen, as he can fly, has aoe, and can stay out of the guards range. I also wouldn't put it past someone to lure him all the way to Archosaur, I've seen it happen in the past. =P That is really the only way I could see there being dead people inside archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My guess would be Jewelscalen, as he can fly, has aoe, and can stay out of the guards range. I also wouldn't put it past someone to lure him all the way to Archosaur, I've seen it happen in the past. =P That is really the only way I could see there being dead people inside archosaur.

Cyanair Specters are almost as famous for chasing unfortunates to archosaur and killing them while they AFK on auto-path. Its probably one of the two :p
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Jewels is too far away, to pull him all the way to archo you'd have to be extremely high level, have great gear, and likely burn a charm or two in the process as you'd need to keep takin pot shots at him every now and then to hold his attention or he'd just turn around and reset, not to mention its a good 5+ minute flight on a decent flyer.

there is, however, a world boss between archo and silver pool somewheres that i believe has AoE and can definately wipe the floor with anyone who tries to attack it.

More then likely, and i've seen this first hand, a batch of bored pk'ers decided "Hey, lets whack on some guards" and got their butts handed to them.
  • hardtoyawn
    hardtoyawn Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jewels is too far away, to pull him all the way to archo you'd have to be extremely high level, have great gear, and likely burn a charm or two in the process as you'd need to keep takin pot shots at him every now and then to hold his attention or he'd just turn around and reset, not to mention its a good 5+ minute flight on a decent flyer.

there is, however, a world boss between archo and silver pool somewheres that i believe has AoE and can definately wipe the floor with anyone who tries to attack it.

More then likely, and i've seen this first hand, a batch of bored pk'ers decided "Hey, lets whack on some guards" and got their butts handed to them.

As a cleric luring jewelscalen is easy. But you can't lure it into the city. It loses aggro once you get over the wall. Its like an antiboss wall. Unless they took it out?
  • Jianqiao - Dreamweaver
    Jianqiao - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

If it's possible then no matter how stupid it is there's someone bored enough to do it.

OP mentioned that the dead people were blue names.
    hardtoyawn wrote: »
    As a cleric luring jewelscalen is easy. But you can't lure it into the city. It loses aggro once you get over the wall. Its like an antiboss wall. Unless they took it out?

Huh, didn't know that. Guess that explains why West Arch isn't cleaned every few days/weeks.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OP mentioned that the dead people were blue names.

Truth be told, i dont pk, i dont do pvp, and i play on a pve server, and other then noticing that most of the ppl that pick on my poor little mystic when i go into SP are red named, i honestly havent the faintest as to what color means what lol
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jewels is too far away, to pull him all the way to archo you'd have to be extremely high level, have great gear, and likely burn a charm or two in the process
    no, I could do it, no charm and crappy gear
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Massad - Harshlands
    Massad - Harshlands Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There is a lower lvl aoe boss by heavens tear.... Just on top of the mountain there. He would be very easy to pull to archo.... And he flies... All you gotta do is turn around and hit him every now and then to hold aggro
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Other names include but not limited to LOKl_ _ClRCE_, _AnGeal_
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    using heal on a cleric should also maintain aggro as far as i know
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There's water between the bosses at Silver Pool and archo.

It was probably Chin or Jewelscalen.

Chin's aoe isn't that strong which is why only the blue names are dead.

And the golden boldwing (bolden goldwing?) boss is so weak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you die in PV and relog you will be dead on the floor at the elder's feet.
    And Cynnair specters as mentioned before are nasty and follow you around. If the ppl were afk there's a big chance they've been killed by those.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    There's no chance that Arch has such a thing.

There's something called SAFE ZONE, even secret passage has it and into that zone (no matter what) u cant PK
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • Integra_ - Raging Tide
    Integra_ - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could be those venomous ghouls outside Arch. Poison could have stacked and killed them while walking into town. Otherwise, no clue b:surrender
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could be those venomous ghouls outside Arch. Poison could have stacked and killed them while walking into town. Otherwise, no clue b:surrender

Friends and me managed that once in FB69. Ran out with poison on us and died in whetstone keep. lol
    Took a while to convince someone that weren't not bs'ing and really dead b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jewelscalen in West Arch is just the players' version of maint.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Archosaur isn't an instance; it's part of the world map, so it would never happen.

Forced PvP zones exist inside instances only.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Jewels can be perfectly lured with a +2.00 fly mount.

He follows you fast enough to where he can attempt to attack and then looses range.

I accidentally brought him with me to the other side of the map while questing when auto path first came out b:chuckle
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I saw two dead blue-names by Hou Jehnsi yesterday as well. At the time I assumed they had autopathed to the WQ NPC with a cyannair on them, but thinking about it later I realized they would have had to go to East Barrier first so that didn't make sense. I guess it could be that two people both happened to autopath from Sanctuary to the CS NPC afk, set to drop upon arrival... but then they would be dead on the NPC's head presumably and they were sort of a few feet away from any NPC. And that room is so crowded all the time that if someone were actually able to pull a boss (which they can't; they turn back when you pass over the wall) it would have killed more than two people.

I am baffled. b:puzzled
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Never heard of this, and Anna your story IS very perplexing.

But, if this were true, you and I and everyone else here all know that the riots would have started in short order. XD Certainly after this thread was posted to let the proverbial cat out of the bag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Cyanair Specters are almost as famous for chasing unfortunates to archosaur and killing them while they AFK on auto-path. Its probably one of the two :p

Don't make me remember, those f*****s killed meh while afk flying from bh 79, when i came back, i was dead at h78 above the bounty hunterb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zerosubs
    zerosubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i world chatted this as joke, some people thought it was funny. but i get dibs on aoeing westarch bank if it does ever happenb:cute
    【○Falcon Punch】