Remembering 9-11

Options
Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,305 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Etherblade (West)
So its been ten years since our country was attacked and we all watched in horror as thousands of our fellow Americans die when planes were flown into the World Trade Center Towers, the Pentagon and in to a field thanks to a few courageous people who saved countless lives by sacrificing their own. I want to know where you were,what were you doing. Lets remember those who died by living like Americans always have.Free.So I will go first.

I was on my way to math class,Mrs. Guins geometry class. I saw students standing in the hallway staring at the TV screens. I didn't think anything of it. I got into class and everyone was staring at the TV screen in there. I asked a buddy what happened and he said 'we were attacked. Some one attacked us' I stopped and starred as it sunk in. I was scared and angry. I think it took a few more days before it sunk in completely.

For those not in America, what did you think we you found out what happened? Do you remember it like many Americans do?
mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
Post edited by Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Kyanelle - Heavens Tear
    Kyanelle - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I remember waking up and seeing a note from my husband (who was working night shift) saying "turn on the tv". I turned it on and thought it was a movie but unfortunately it wasn't. I couldn't get a paper that day. Got to work and they had increased security as some of the companies in the building had offices in the World Trade Centre.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Karma will get you when you least expect it. What goes around comes around.

It's called Karma and it's pronouced "haha f you"
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was 11 at the time. I come in from school, didn't hear anything about it til then (I live in England). I walked into my living room and my mom was in front of the tv gasping in shock. At that age tbh I didn't give a **** lol. I just said whatever then played football b:surrender
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was in 5th grade then when it happen. I was too young to understand the toll it took on a lot of ppl as well, it was my birthday, that was the only thing I was anxious for. When I head to school, a lot of my teachers had the T.V. on. Seeing CNN and FOX News replaying clips of the destruction. School wasn't school that day, the teachers were quiet, the students were nervous, asking a lot of questions and such.

A few days later, I think, a nation-wide event took place at many many schools, it was a simple one, just say the Pledge of Allegiance at I think....10 or 11 am, outside of class, as a school.

With the 10th anniversary being a day away, we can only move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear
    Darkhawkclaw - Heavens Tear Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i was in bed. my district manager called and said your stores closest are you there? huh? im pulling in the lot, where are you? in bed what? go put on tv. so i got up, and there was some movie about planes blowing up on the towers and i says same movie on every chan.... umm... i looked out the window and all you see from the city is black smoke from the city and he says, my sisters in that tower. ok, im awake. hopped in the car and down to my store, and there were people flocking in off the street to see what was going on. a lot of people in southern ct lost family that day. short version for forums.
  • SinisterDeth - Heavens Tear
    SinisterDeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was in 6th grade, I remember saying that it was cool(thinking it was an action movie) and my principle was standing right next to me, and she quickly scolded me telling me that this is real and it is a national tragedy. The entire school did nothing the entire day but watch as the towers fell. School was dismissed for the week. RIP to all that died, and thank you to all the military personel who have served and given their lives so that we can avenge our falled friends and family.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    Bale - Heavens Tear Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was working for a telecommunications company at the time, and we delt with the city and county with pagers (gasp) and cell phones...we spent about 2 hours testing equipment and then they shut down our building, at the time there was a consulate office that shared the same office building with us...

I actually found out from a police officer who was standing in my office, when he asked if i had been watching the news...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That was the first day of school for me. I came home from school, turned on the TV, saw burning buildings on every channel, and thought to myself "Damn there's nothing good on TV today."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gosh, can't believe it's been 10 years already. I remember coming back from school and my Dad was staring at the TV, shocked. I asked what was going on and for the next few hours we couldn't stop watching the images, and it was terrifying. Coming from a country that's hit by terror multiple times, we knew exactly what was going on.

I'd like to remember all those that were killed in the 9/11 attacks, including my friend's aunt who was in the first tower.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yea, pretty much every channel had the news on. It was pretty insane, but I was a child so I didn't really know how to take it then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
    edited September 2011
    Options
    everyone was at school jesus christ bale were old!
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    everyone was at school jesus christ bale were old!

i know...i shoulda just said i was in my pampers eating my creamed peas b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots." ~ Thomas Jefferson
  • Duckingtiger - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was starting to feel old myself cause most were in the 5th or 6th grade it seemed. I was a freshmen in highschool so I understood what was happening once I saw it on the tv.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i know...i shoulda just said i was in my pampers eating my creamed peas b:cry
    who creame....nm just nm
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was sleeping in construction class.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Last class finished, and a classmate had his mom on the phone and told us that manhattan was on fire. I went home, cycled a bit faster than usual. Came home and saw my sister laying on the couch watching TV with the news, and 1 minute later i could see the 2nd plane crashing into one of the towers live and kept on watching from that moment. we were like wth is happening.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was working for a telecommunications company at the time, and we delt with the city and county with pagers (gasp) and cell phones...we spent about 2 hours testing equipment and then they shut down our building, at the time there was a consulate office that shared the same office building with us...

I actually found out from a police officer who was standing in my office, when he asked if i had been watching the news...

Why so old? You're too old for no pants nowb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was a fetus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was a fetus.

Aaaand I just threw up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was 2 years old and what is this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exegesis - Heavens Tear
    Exegesis - Heavens Tear Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont even live in America, but we watched the news at school.. so we didnt have much classes, it was pretty scary.. And that was the first terror thing I can remember happened in my life time...

After the bombings this summer in Oslo and the killings of over 60 young girls and boys I kinda understand how it would be for you, even though the world trade center was a lot bigger event.. Its sad to see things like that, we should all pray something like that will not happen again...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] OH really? What a surprise.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was actually playing a game at the time the first plane hit, and saw the second one hit live on TV (CNN). Had my fear and rage (at the time I lived in he U.S.) of people with turbans and a certain skin colour, but following that small fit of irrationality, the only real respect left I had was for those who were normal passengers on those planes, in the buildings, and those trying to rescue others -- and may they rest in peace. Beyond that, with the phony pseudo/super patriotism that followed along with the decals, support ribbons, and other tangible abominations plastered everywhere, obviously people in the U.S. did not learn a lesson about the importance of freedom and openness, rather, to give an appropriate analogy, the falsehood that a piece of cloth and symbolism is more important than the things it represents. I just hope Canada learns from the U.S. and doesn't trod down the same path.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Was at work when it happened .. The news on the local radio station was sketchy at best .. " Accident " .. " Light Airplane crashed into Towers " .
    It wasn't till I got home and saw the TV that the full extent of the event unfolded.

Maybe coming from a Country that had suffered years of Terrorist attacks from the IRA made me desensitised to the real horror of the event, and I watched the TV more for curiosity than the shock factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont even live in America, but we watched the news at school.. so we didnt have much classes, it was pretty scary.. And that was the first terror thing I can remember happened in my life time...

After the bombings this summer in Oslo and the killings of over 60 young girls and boys I kinda understand how it would be for you, even though the world trade center was a lot bigger event.. Its sad to see things like that, we should all pray something like that will not happen again...

That was sad and infuriating. I think I was more pissed at the police involved in that last incident then I was the actual shooter. I wish these things didn't happen either, unfortunately they do and will happen again some day.

I understand what you mean Janus. Alot of people that normally do nothing but trash talk the country loved it all of a sudden. We as Americans never have been good at learning lessons,its always been our way or the highway.

Conavar,I did not realize you were Irish. I don't support the IRA,can be a violent bunch.How ever I can understand their anger and reasoning behind their cause.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Conavar,I did not realize you were Irish. I don't support the IRA,can be a violent bunch.How ever I can understand their anger and reasoning behind their cause.

I'm not I'm English and the end never justifies the means .. They got more resolved by sitting down and talking then they ever did by violence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I'm not I'm English and the end never justifies the means .. They got more resolved by sitting down and talking then they ever did by violence.

I agree. Violence never solves anything.
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Bale - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I agree. Violence never solves anything.

I dont agree with that statement, while violence may not solve anything,but without it...the parties involved would have never sat down...and would never have considered a discussion...

the mere act of violence does not solve anything...but it damn sure is paramount to the proceeding...b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I dont agree with that statement, while violence may not solve anything,but without it...the parties involved would have never sat down...and would never have considered a discussion...

the mere act of violence does not solve anything...but it damn sure is paramount to the proceeding...b:shutup

I should punch you in teh face for that comment. JK LOVE YOU BALE
    mmmmmm tacos mmmmm

Retired for good.
  • Chefstabs - Heavens Tear
    Chefstabs - Heavens Tear Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Well i was 28 wrking in greyhound Vancouver Canada 530am time walking down the the bus loading when wrker came to me there been a plane crash at world trade center iam you got to be joking ran into dispatch was just shocked next thing news crews showed up the the bus and train station was shut down has we sat and watched on tv very sad day for all and Canadians also lost lives there.

all my prays to those who lost there lives and those still ill from from 9/11
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I was actually playing a game at the time the first plane hit, and saw the second one hit live on TV (CNN). Had my fear and rage (at the time I lived in he U.S.) of people with turbans and a certain skin colour, but following that small fit of irrationality, the only real respect left I had was for those who were normal passengers on those planes, in the buildings, and those trying to rescue others -- and may they rest in peace. Beyond that, with the phony pseudo/super patriotism that followed along with the decals, support ribbons, and other tangible abominations plastered everywhere, obviously people in the U.S. did not learn a lesson about the importance of freedom and openness, rather, to give an appropriate analogy, the falsehood that a piece of cloth and symbolism is more important than the things it represents. I just hope Canada learns from the U.S. and doesn't trod down the same path.

This is basically how I felt about it, minus the anger at people with turbans thing, and maybe also the Canada thing because I still live in the US.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Bloyse - Heavens Tear
    Bloyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    So its been ten years since our country was attacked and we all watched in horror as thousands of our fellow Americans die when planes were flown into the World Trade Center Towers, the Pentagon and in to a field thanks to a few courageous people who saved countless lives by sacrificing their own. I want to know where you were,what were you doing. Lets remember those who died by living like Americans always have.Free.So I will go first.

I was on my way to math class,Mrs. Guins geometry class. I saw students standing in the hallway staring at the TV screens. I didn't think anything of it. I got into class and everyone was staring at the TV screen in there. I asked a buddy what happened and he said 'we were attacked. Some one attacked us' I stopped and starred as it sunk in. I was scared and angry. I think it took a few more days before it sunk in completely.

For those not in America, what did you think we you found out what happened? Do you remember it like many Americans do?

I didn't really know what the buildings were back then because I was 11 lol
    But since I've gotten older I know more about them, and the fact that it's such a huge event that there's constant reminders of it, as well as constant footage being shown, I find it hard that anybody can NOT remember it.

I understood it back then as some sky scrapers that had planes thrown in to them. So in all honesty I wasn't as shocked as I should've been, but since then it's sunken in what actually happened.
    ALSO KNOWN AS Bloysius Fliiiickingsly, Esquire

~Almost original Tao member & Former Tao Director ~
    ~ Former Enrage Executor ~

Bloyse - 101 Wizard - Wizard of Fliiick

>Official Mr. Grammar of HT< according to DarkFury