Why 5 Aps?!?

Vital_Slash - Sanctuary
Vital_Slash - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Barbarian
Not to be **** or anything but...lately all the barbs are going 5 aps and its makes me kinda sad :/ I know one of the Perks of Going 5 aps is to live in TT or Vana...Then again A barb i knew went from 18k hp Barb buffed to 13k hp barb buffed! thats a 5k Difference! >.<

Just want any1's Opinon (Including the trolls...yea the trolls too -__-) about why they went 5 aps.
Its ok... IM AN ARTIST!
Post edited by Vital_Slash - Sanctuary on

Comments

• ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1) ability to keep aggro except for other 5 aps users or sins.
    2) much faster helping guildies out with bosses / bhs
    3) no reason not to, unless you're a cata barb or can't afford decent gear
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My reason is:

-I didn't want to switch to a BM, I love playing as a Barb.
    -Solo farm myself.
    -I'm anti-social when it comes to squads.

b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    plus.. If you get the refines high you can have 18k buffed again. so youre a barb, just with claws who can farm. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kunopegos - Harshlands
    Kunopegos - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm a str/dex barb now, but when I was a 5.0 claw barb I still had 20k hp in human and 27k hp in tiger.
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    because regicides look cool b:shutup
    (yeah i know...barbs generally stop at deicides, but i had nothing else to spend money on)

okok seriously though...

^ this

and also because BMs dont get buffs; i dont want to have to spend time running around looking for a barb to buff me
    if done right, barbs can actually be more efficient at solo farming than sins (assuming one is willing to refine)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    another point, I'm not sure BMs have a way of doing this, but barbs do no miss in PvE ever once they have their first devour/penetrate armour in. So no need for accuracy rings unless you PvP b:pleased
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To the OP, a 5k hp difference is pretty extreme. Most people lose about 1.5-2.5k on the switch and thats it. I really think it increases your survivability in multiple other ways and an aps barb can survive way better in pve than a vit barb.

This. I get a kick out of how many barbs call the game or aggro broken, but still continue to play it the old way. If its broken, change to adapt to it. Don't continue to be useless and qq about how it "should be". With gear as it is there is nothing in pve that takes more than 16k to tank or pull, and 16k is well within the aps barbs attainability. Beyond that their hp is a perk. May as well do damage and help in many other ways where you can since there is no reason not to change to aps barb once you have 16k hp+.

Aps barbs can farm gear quicker and pay for better refines/gear.
    They can spark resist magic attacks.
    They can invoke and triple spark very regularly. In a 40 second period they can spend about 26 seconds either immune or 90% dmg reduction, and start again 20 seconds later.
    Bloodpaint can heal about twice as much as a lvl 100 cleric spamming IH after IH on you. Its like having two or 3 clerics spam healing you.
    Never are without chi for any skill.
    BM's need to use 2 sparks to 50% debuff. We can do it and triple spark easily.
    Tiger form is still an option because using fists takes nothing away from a barb. Just adds to it.

another point, I'm not sure BMs have a way of doing this, but barbs do no miss in PvE ever once they have their first devour/penetrate armour in. So no need for accuracy rings unless you PvP b:pleased

This only works on mobs, I believe. It doesn't work with bosses (or players).
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    edited September 2011

This only works on mobs, I believe. It doesn't work with bosses (or players).

It definitely works on bosses, just not players (which I don't mind as I don't PvP).

Other than that, totally agree with your post :)