Should I Bother Leveling My Archer?

vampirenite
vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2012 in Archer
I have a 40s Archer than has been gathering dust for over a year. I have been trying out other classes. Incl, a Sin, Mystic and Seeker.

My main is a Herc/Veno which I have decided to mothball as I feel fairly useless in squads now at high level. Sure I can Amp and purge, but that is a far cry from being in demand as main Tank etc. in the past.

My impression so far is the Sin is way too OPd and very annoying in squads at mid levels because they always take aggro from the Main Tank then die and QQ. (not all Sins are this bad but most midlevel Sins seem to think they are invincible and jump in too soon and don't control their DD output) The Seeker is really fun and so is the Mystic.

In all the many BHs/FBs 29-79 I have been doing recently I haven't seen a single Archer. Is the class basically dead like the Veno?

It would be the a shame since I heard that the Korean team literally Skewered our US PWIC team in less than 20 Secs in the finals because they had 2 Archers while the US team had none.

Honest opinions please.
Post edited by vampirenite on

Comments

• X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary
    X__ENGEL__X - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wouldnt Give up Your Archer JUST yet...Keep playing it till lvl 59! If you decide the Character just isnt worth it try lvling different Character you have. BTW if ur a Veno with a herc, Start saying "Hello Alt Funding!" cause with a herc you'll be able to do Solo TT's and Fund your archer. But Nonetheless Dont Play the Game to Please the People ur in Squad with(I'm a cleric so i HAVE to keep ppl happy). Play the game for the sheer fun of it.
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I wouldnt Give up Your Archer JUST yet...Keep playing it till lvl 59! If you decide the Character just isnt worth it try lvling different Character you have. BTW if ur a Veno with a herc, Start saying "Hello Alt Funding!" cause with a herc you'll be able to do Solo TT's and Fund your archer. But Nonetheless Dont Play the Game to Please the People ur in Squad with(I'm a cleric so i HAVE to keep ppl happy). Play the game for the sheer fun of it.

Well you are right about playing for the fun of it. That is why I decided to move away from my Veno, it isn't fun anymore. Part of my enjoyment is feeling in demand and useful in squads. I do bring it out to help lower levels at times and yes it is useful for farming.

The Mystic is kind of a hybrid Veno/Cleric and is a lot of fun. But I'm now feel the Cleric MP usage cost pain b:cry. I'm already almost halfway through a Platinum MP charm at midlevel, lol.

But back to the Archer, do other players feel like their Archer is useful, in-demand?
  • EIvemage - Dreamweaver
    EIvemage - Dreamweaver Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    well assasins are really OP so i suggest making one of them:P but archers get more fun the higher you get so you really shouldnt give up on it:)
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    For choices, I love playing archer, mystic, and psychic.

Archer, the pew pews is just straight up awesome.

Mystic, I was given a plat charm today... its 1/2 gone ina day.

Psychic, pew pew pew pew, just magic lol
  • Judor - Dreamweaver
    Judor - Dreamweaver Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Archer's aren't dead. However, there is a lot that goes against playing an archer these days. APS Archer's aren't worth the trouble in my opinion, if you are going to create an aps class to tank then make a sin or bm. I have played my archer since the public release of PWI, I never get bored of him. Archers are a fun class to play, you have a high damage out put, but at the same time you have the ability to control that output. I agree with what engel said, play your archer at least to level 59, if you don't like it then the class isn't for you.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    As my Main is Archer (lvl 90 and demon) I can fairly say that the class is quite good , and fun to play. Like the previous posters said , get at least to 59 ( 60 imo). TT weapons give a huge edge to an Archers DD power , and ull find urself killing mobs before they have a chance touch you. The more u lvl , the more big numbers ull see in ur screen and overall ur Power will rise a lot , especially after gaining ur lvl 89 cultivation (sage / demon doesnt matter , both give a lot of advantages). THe only hard thing for an archer is the fact that alone he cant solo bosses for quests and stuff (but its a great class to pair with a cleric and barb combo , even more if u have friends to squad with ya). Second , as archer u cant get into APS squads or if u do ull be picked last. While Fist/Claw archer do quite good damage. ( i know archer that has stole aggro from claw BM). They are still outperformed by sins.

In PVP aspect (if it interests ya) Archer is a class that can offer a lot , if u start at a PVP server , archers (along with Mystics and sins) have it easy escpecially at the lower lvls.

if u join a TW faction later , ull see the true value of an archer. (provided u have geared him well).

have fun , Elfs unite !!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • OlieTheKing - Lost City
    OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you want to do TW then yes
  • RainbowVein - Raging Tide
    RainbowVein - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a lvl 100 Archer. I love it to Death, as others have said get it to around 60. Maybe then you'll change your mind. One good thing about Archer's is their Aoe, Barrage of Arrows which is always a fun skill to us ;D I love it. And yes you will start getting to the point where you kill mobs before they even touch you ;D Especially in TW. It's a lot of fun being an Archer ^^
  • Motifer - Archosaur
    Motifer - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a lvl 99 archer. I can tell you when she was lvl 40 I wasn't really in love with her. I almost deleted her and start another new toon. When she got up to lvl 60 and got Barrage of Arrows, I started loving her again and she was my main again. So yes keep lvling the archer. You'll grow to love the toon again. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can honestly say i played every class, and nothing seemed as captivating as a sexy character in **** clothing with a deadly bow.
    Make sure he's female, regardless of your real gender. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Forgot to ask this, (it really should've been the first thing asked) what server are you playing on?

If Dreamweaver: No. Too many archers already. It's getting close to sins tbh. Makes me miss my HT Wizzy <,<

If other server: I would ask input from another archer on another server.
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
  • Zliss - Lost City
    Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dont play archer i am rolling a sin now, so much better, archer cant solo frost/hh without charm, even if u can u need pots/time with cancels all the profits u make.

in terms of pvp, maybe yes. not against sins.
  • uncleblademaster
    uncleblademaster Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well you are right about playing for the fun of it. That is why I decided to move away from my Veno, it isn't fun anymore. Part of my enjoyment is feeling in demand and useful in squads. I do bring it out to help lower levels at times and yes it is useful for farming.

The Mystic is kind of a hybrid Veno/Cleric and is a lot of fun. But I'm now feel the Cleric MP usage cost pain b:cry. I'm already almost halfway through a Platinum MP charm at midlevel, lol.

But back to the Archer, do other players feel like their Archer is useful, in-demand?

Just *** around with the mobs using summons and plants to kill them aside from actually using skills. Or try to level to 2 Apothecary which is rather cheap and make Jade Powders which will heal tons of manage and should be good for you until you can get yuanxiao at 75 lol

Archers aren't actually in demand for much although they are favored for FC. Their so fun in TW. The consistant and spike damage is great. You get cool skills like Barrage and AOE skills.