Mystic Tanker

Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands
Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Mystic
I just started a Earth Guard Mystic, I want its attributes to be a Tanker, what would be the best attribute build?
Post edited by Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands on

Comments

• Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Mystics totally aren't meant to be tankers.
    Even if you had somewhat decent survivability, you couldn't hold aggro in squads and wouldn't anyways replace a HA class.
  • Caterpie - Dreamweaver
    Caterpie - Dreamweaver Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Roll a HA mystic

Get someone else to heal your Devil Chihyu

Tell everyone not to DD at all or else they'll steal aggro from your summon

Tank bosses

???????????

Profit

In all reality, though. The Venomancer is a much better pet tank class than we are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heavy Cash Shopping is the difference between understanding simple game mechanics at level 30, or level 101.
  • Asthariel - Dreamweaver
    Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    I just started a Earth Guard Mystic, I want its attributes to be a Tanker, what would be the best attribute build?
    Roll a HA mystic

Get someone else to heal your Devil Chihyu

Tell everyone not to DD at all or else they'll steal aggro from your summon

Tank bosses

???????????

Profit

In all reality, though. The Venomancer is a much better pet tank class than we are.

Seeing he talked about attribute points I don't even think he was talking about tanking with a summon <.< I really think he meant to tank with the mystic itself xD

So yeah, Teucer, Mystics cannot be real tanks.
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    in my experience the mystics can only tank/solo ranged/mage bosses like fushma,hercule trioc,qianji, etc
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands
    Teucer_Tyigr - Harshlands Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    honestly, Im not exactly sure what Im talking about. Im still learning all of this game lingo and abbreviations. Im looking for a strong build mystic
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    if by tank you mean yourself then no. we cant tank, we have no aggressive skills like barbs do.

if you mean your pet, it wont be anywhere as good as a veno.

but do let me say this. i think a pure mag mystic pet would tank better than a heavy. why? the heal will heal more. i dont believe the mystics pet stats reflect a huge difference in the amount of defence you have if your heavy or not. yes i believe a heavy mystics pet will have more def, but not a large noticable amount in getting hit, if you know what i mean.

a pure magic mystics heal will heal more. since we heal fast it may be able to be kept alive (it really depends on the boss though). i think having some vit/citrine shards may help out with giving your summon more health though.

i have been able to keep my summons alive when they stole aggro for about a minute in fc (until the barb stole back) i think in higher levels our pwts maybe able to survive there but the only downside is the amount of mp it takes to heal xD

dont count on everything i say though because im certaintly not pro enough at the mystoc and im still learning. perhaps ill test its tanking abilities in fc some more when i gain a few more lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • violetvalor
    violetvalor Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i dont believe the mystics pet stats reflect a huge difference in the amount of defence you have if your heavy or not. yes i believe a heavy mystics pet will have more def, but not a large noticable amount in getting hit, if you know what i mean.

Half of the pdef earned from a mystic using heavy armor is still way more pdef for a summon than from a mystic using arcane armor. However, you will require either a veno or another (pure mag or hybrid) mystic to heal the summon since a heavy armor mystic will have a very weak magic attack and mana pool.
  • Yamchayama - Sanctuary
    Yamchayama - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Half of the pdef earned from a mystic using heavy armor is still way more pdef for a summon than from a mystic using arcane armor. However, you will require either a veno or another (pure mag or hybrid) mystic to heal the summon since a heavy armor mystic will have a very weak magic attack and mana pool.
    Clerics or veno's can heal your summon? I'm not trolling, just wondering since I've never tried it.
  • SellynZaali - Harshlands
    SellynZaali - Harshlands Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Clerics or veno's can heal your summon? I'm not trolling, just wondering since I've never tried it.

Only venos and other mystics. :-)
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011

yes for venos no for clerics. but venos can also heal mystics plant summons while we cannot heal our own plant summon >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands
    _Tetsuga_ - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Also I saw a lvl 98 mystic tanking fc lol it was wierd seeing that and I said OMFGb:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • seriouslyblack
    seriouslyblack Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I just went LA from AA. The pdef difference is around 1.4k. Well of course my gears are just 3 star. XD
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mystics can only tank on a squad full of mystics ... end of the topic. b:laugh
  • YokoKurama - Harshlands
    YokoKurama - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Looking at the dates this thread ended a few months ago.

There have already been alot of chats about LA vs AA, AA was desided to be far better, but if you enjoy your LA build don't worry to much, you can always reset your stats later if you chance your mind.

As for tanking, no, even in top gear our Summons struggle to reach 8k def, and with such low hp just isn't enough.

When ever I tank a hard boss/mini boss that I feel is soloable, I'd use Salvation's shields on my self and use a Befuddling Creeper to weaken it. So far it's worked well but I've not faced many Physical damage bosses.
  • YokoKurama - Harshlands4
    YokoKurama - Harshlands4 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Glitchy post above me, I can't even edit it lol (not that I need to)
  • mryc
    mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Darn my posts are acting stupid when I use Yoko, have to go back to this boring one.
    (sorry for the spam but this thread is dead anyway)
  • rainbowyoshii
    rainbowyoshii Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it boggles my mind why ppl would pick a MAGE class, the squishiest class type in the game, and then ask "herpy deeerp. can we tank derrr?"

use common damn sense -_- if u want to tank something then pick barb, seeker, BM or hell even a 4.0-5.0 sin with sage BP would be a good option.
  • EarthSongs - Heavens Tear
    EarthSongs - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think you might have rolled the wrong class if you are looking for a tank. And let me Clarify since you are new:

Mystics are -NOT- Venomancers.

This means that any preconceived notions on abilities to tank like them is rubbish. While they are similar, they are also their own class.

If you are looking for a Tank Class, roll a Blademaster, Seeker or Barbarian. Even an Assassin is a better tank than an Arcane class (Venomancers being the exception).

If you want to get the most out of your Mystic, use AA, and a pure Magic build. More mana, more heal/Spell power, better summons. However, this all comes down to personal preference. But if you want an Arcane class with more ablility to Tank bosses, I'd suggest Venomancer. If not, a Barbarian, Blademaster or Seeker.
  • agiya
    agiya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

As you can see by most of the replies posted so far, it probably hasnt been attempted yet, lol.

It may be doable - who can really say what a Mystic with points in Vit & Dex could do?

If you are the *thinking* type of player who looks at their char more like a science project and less like a social animal, then it may be easily doable.

You never know until you try...if you are the type that can't be asked to put a lot of time and thought into char developement, then I suggest the attempt would be a waste of time.

If you do have the time and brain power to invest - I look forward to hearing about your results.

You can't put a label on a Mystic - they do so much well, and nothing great! xD