Alakai - Heavens Tear
Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
Are there any problems out there? Because I'm having them
Post edited by Alakai - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    None that I am aware of. Try running a traceroute to your server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Don't know how, oh and so you know, game still runs, can connect and play...I just can't update
  • XaugyTuH - Raging Tide
    XaugyTuH - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i have problem with the update too... its says it cant download "chinese symbol,chinese symbol,chinese symbol,chinese symbol,2.gfx" n it says theres error downloading this file n it says to try again... when i try again i had da same error :( PLZ help *btw sorry for my bad english :)*
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Its okay, I think I figured out what it may be, because two things are happening over here.
    Its a connectivity issue, you know how I can tell?
    Because of HOW it updates (Because I have Crossover Games, I have to reinstall the client every week) and the fact it says it can't connect to the update server. But when I can, the update freezes about halfway through. (Or freezes at one random point, and won't go further...) Its either problems on our end, or on their end, because I DIDN'T have the issue last night.
  • DemonicRaven - Harshlands
    DemonicRaven - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    im having issues with the update im stuck on like a bunch of chinese words and then .sk
  • somanyvoices
    somanyvoices Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ugh.. just downloaded game today and getting stuck at some .gfx file.b:angry
  • pepeka
    pepeka Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am having troubles updating the game too. I started getting a message i had a corrupted file folder, when i try to verify, it gets stuck at some point. I have the start botton available but when i launch the game get a msg in chineese symbols.
    Are here moderators or someone who can help pls?
  • infingo
    infingo Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I can't update too, kinda bothering me I just wanted to play :(
  • pepeka
    pepeka Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I reinstalled the game... trying to do all the updates again, i get an error msg.

This is the technical support zone, where else i can find a technical support?
    Why more ppl are having the same issue today?
  • Kiazna - Sanctuary
    Kiazna - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm having issues to. Just has written above the update progress bar: "Update server connection" Above the other progress bar it says: "Please try other update s" I'm guessing the s means server or something :/
    I've tried both patch thingys. and the same message is shown for both
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*~A proud downunderling~*~
  • bryceandrew
    bryceandrew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm stuck and chinese symbols dds.
    b:angry
  • Kiazna - Sanctuary
    Kiazna - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just updating...JadeDynasty is having similier issues with server so... PW company update servers fail? :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~*~A proud downunderling~*~
  • ragnawind1
    ragnawind1 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If you have game version 515 or 551, download the manual patch from the download page. Older versions can be found in the stickied topic here about updates. It just seems to be the update server itself. The manual updates work fine.
  • bryceandrew
    bryceandrew Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ragnawind1 wrote: »
    If you have game version 515 or 551, download the manual patch from the download page. Older versions can be found in the stickied topic here about updates. It just seems to be the update server itself. The manual updates work fine.

Would you be able to go through it? Step by step?
  • ragnawind1
    edited September 2011
    Would you be able to go through it? Step by step?

What game version do you have? That is needed first. It can be found in the center of the bottom of the client window. Then, go here if it is game version 515 or 551:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Download the appropriate patch to your desktop and then run it.

If it is older than one of those, go here and download the appropriate version to get it up to at least game version 515:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

The instructions are basically the same.
  • Xeru - Raging Tide
    Xeru - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ragnawind1 wrote: »
    What game version do you have? That is needed first. It can be found in the center of the bottom of the client window. Then, go here if it is game version 515 or 551:
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/download

Download the appropriate patch to your desktop and then run it.

If it is older than one of those, go here and download the appropriate version to get it up to at least game version 515:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=87242

The instructions are basically the same.

IM going to try this manual patch, the updater is going insane for some reason, im looking foward to playing again. I havent played in a loooong time :D
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Unfortunately, I lack the ability to actually do that on this end, unless there's a way for me to find the manual patches from 350 and up.
  • ragnawind1
    edited September 2011
    Unfortunately, I lack the ability to actually do that on this end, unless there's a way for me to find the manual patches from 350 and up.

The updates unfortunately don't go that far back anymore, so you are most likely out of luck until the update server is fixed.
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    It shouldn't take too long, considering the fact there are probably more angry people than we know sending in tickets.