Ditch the Dye System

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Suggestion Box
The dye system in this game is really dumb. Dyes are only available in random packs so you can't buy the dye you want unless you also buy colors you don't want or buy from a dye merchant.

How come fashion preview color picking is infinitely easier to use than using dyes? You can find awesome colors that look good on the picker good look finding a dye that goes with it. There are only like 10 different dyes so unless you want white, black, or red you are out of luck.

Why does the game want people to go around in mismatched crappy fashion? It makes the game look bad and discourages people from buying fashion at all.

If they removed dye entirely and let people choose whatever color they want via fashion preview color picker, I bet PWE would make alot more money from people buying more fashion.

The game would look nicer, players would be happier, and PWE would make more money if they removed dyes from the game and let people get the colors they want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This +infinity.
    I'd love to get fashion right in the colour I want.

One add though: There should be an option to redye stuff, even randomly. Why? Well, I personally am picky with colours and sometimes a random surprise colour can look so epic :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jianqiao - Dreamweaver
    Jianqiao - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sometimes a random surprise colour can look so epic :3

If you're me then 'sometimes' equals 'never'. Random colors I've gotten so far are puke green, **** yellow, **** brown, that funky color that grows on week-old pizza left under your bed, and OMFG MY EYES purple.

I'd like to add to the suggestion; dyes should still be purchasable in the CS (at a fraction of the cost, of course) but the player should be able to choose what color he/she gets. The player gets whatever color fashion he/she wants at the start and if he/she decides to change the color later then he/she would have to buy dyes.

Players are happy because they don't have to hope they get a good color and they don't have to worry about everything matching. PWE is happy because more people are buying fashion and they still get to sell dye.
  • Tagi - Dreamweaver
    Tagi - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In another game the dye system is even more stupid. It isn't cash shop based, but uses ingame coin. I know that sounds great but the items you dye have a specific possible color set and you don't get to pick the color. 99.99% of the time you get the same crappy color set and you have to spend millions upon millions to get a color combo that differs from everyone else.

Don't complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ...and in another game you can pick the color and style of your clothes when you first start at no cost.
    ...and in that game people still had uglyness.I guess its a matter of opinion.
    Apparently random colors are pretty to PWI. At least let the players mess up,okay?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yes yes and omfg a million times yes
    i love fashion im obsessed with it this **** dye system pisses me off i dont like it i wnt it gone and i wnt to buy more fashion in the colors i rlly wnt and yes im a dudeb:dirty
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Amystinia - Archosaur
    Amystinia - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I couldn't agree more with the first post ... very well said.
  • Tollingbell - Sanctuary
    Tollingbell - Sanctuary Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Agreed, the dye system is stupid. Just let people buy ****ing fashion in the color they want. Then sell dyes at really cheap prices if people want to change it later. Honestly with all the packs and rank gear, are they really making that much money off dyes?
    It's TollingBell b:angry
  • zerosubs
    zerosubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    its a good idea, and the developers know it, but thatd mean they wont be making any money from many failed dye attempts, and its not like people are going to stop playing because you cant get the color clothes you want.
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • Solarace - Harshlands
    Solarace - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would love to pick what colors my fashion should be. I've been waiting for that for a long time. Main reason is I'm kinda tired of all of my fashion being a light blue color. I like it but not that much.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I totally agree on this. When I go to a store I also want to be able to pick what color shirt I buy. So why not in pwi?
    I think we should get an option to fill in a color code, so we are sure if we want per example something in dark-red, we can get both top and pants in the exact same color.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • evelette
    evelette Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree 100% on this.
    I'd of spent tons of zen on fashion alone is this was an option- and thats so true, I don't really buy fashion anymore b/c of the random color generator for fashion
    I remember the hassle I went through just to get some Light Blue Dye- that was like a year and a half ago + a memorable experience I refuse to go through again
    So I just stay away from the Cash Shop anymore unless I want some hair.