What to do when there are no available normal quests?

kaycelinn
kaycelinn Posts: 4 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Hi, I'm a level 11 player belonging to the Venomancer class. I am still a bit of a noob with the gameplay and my problem is that I don't have any normal quests available in my game. The available quests are the errands that I cannot do yet since it seems like those are for higher leveled players. I apologize for my noobness. b:surrender
Post edited by kaycelinn on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    just kill some mobs until you level. It shouldn't take very long. Air and water mobs your level or above give 1.5x exp

You should be able to complete all of the quests that you have at your level though. Especially the errand ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    running out of normal quests before level 19 on one of the original six classes takes a bit of doing. i've seen it happen on the tideborn, but not on an untamed.

still, yes, the easy solution is to kill things until you level up. before level 30 or so that doesn't take very long, and it always gets you coin.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • GetNukked - Sanctuary
    GetNukked - Sanctuary Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kill mobs until you get 300-400k, turn on WC, pm whoever is selling heads runs and get urself a bunch of levels in 1 shot, rinse and repeat
  • kaycelinn
    edited September 2011
    just kill some mobs until you level. It shouldn't take very long. Air and water mobs your level or above give 1.5x exp

You should be able to complete all of the quests that you have at your level though. Especially the errand ones.

Thanks for the help! :)
    running out of normal quests before level 19 on one of the original six classes takes a bit of doing. i've seen it happen on the tideborn, but not on an untamed.

still, yes, the easy solution is to kill things until you level up. before level 30 or so that doesn't take very long, and it always gets you coin.

Thank you very much for the advice!
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    kaycelinn wrote: »
    Thank you very much for the help!
    kill mobs until you get 300-400k, turn on WC, pm whoever is selling heads runs and get urself a bunch of levels in 1 shot, rinse and repeat

I dislike people like you, really A LOT.

Let the person play the game like he/she wants it to be played. If they want to quest, maybe tell them as the other players did how to take time to LEARN how to play and LEARN their class.

Instead we could tell him(her) that if there's no more in available quests, did you check in "find quests" ? All quests related to your level are listed there, and you can auto-path to the npc that gives them by clicking their name in quest list. You can also do same when it's a available quest and they ask for a monster to be killed.

It's currently 2 times exp/drops and spirit. Getting yourself to level 12 and getting new quests (if u are really out) will take very little time. Also, just checking as you said u were a "noob" yourself.. Did you put your stat points at each level ? Do you get your pet to help you tank things ? Did you upgrade your skills ? Those can all factor in making the game harder..

Hope THIS helps.

And sorry, I don't personnly dislike the poster that sends you to frost, I hate the mentality.

I would almost want to start a poll to ask "how many of you powerleveled (not an alt), bought their gear and are now bored as hell as high level cause "lack of content ?"

b:surrender
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    First off Welcome to PWI

Sir_Puma basically said evrythign i woulda said. DO NOT LISTEN TO GetNukked! you will be bored as hell and most likely not have a clue whats going on. Happy Playing and have fun

may you burn in the firey depths of hell for leading a noobling astray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • kaycelinn
    edited September 2011
    I dislike people like you, really A LOT.

Let the person play the game like he/she wants it to be played. If they want to quest, maybe tell them as the other players did how to take time to LEARN how to play and LEARN their class.

Instead we could tell him(her) that if there's no more in available quests, did you check in "find quests" ? All quests related to your level are listed there, and you can auto-path to the npc that gives them by clicking their name in quest list. You can also do same when it's a available quest and they ask for a monster to be killed.

It's currently 2 times exp/drops and spirit. Getting yourself to level 12 and getting new quests (if u are really out) will take very little time. Also, just checking as you said u were a "noob" yourself.. Did you put your stat points at each level ? Do you get your pet to help you tank things ? Did you upgrade your skills ? Those can all factor in making the game harder..

Hope THIS helps.

And sorry, I don't personnly dislike the poster that sends you to frost, I hate the mentality.

I would almost want to start a poll to ask "how many of you powerleveled (not an alt), bought their gear and are now bored as hell as high level cause "lack of content ?"

b:surrender

Thanks for the advice. I really didn't understand the advice of GetNukked. I actually got to get a couple of levels up already. I went to the NPC guard that asks to kill some level 11 monsters. I actually don't know how to find quests. I just know that I should check the Normal Quests available. I'm not quite sure about my character's stats but I do have a pet that helps me defeat the monsters. I also upgrade my skills when it's available with the Venomancer. But if you could also give me an advice on how I should distribute the attributes points every time I level up it would be a big help too. b:pleased
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for the advice. I really didn't understand the advice of GetNukked.
    Some people think that the goal of the game is to get your characters leveled up. Personally, I think it's to have fun. Standing around and skipping a ton of content while someone else levels you up isn't my idea of fun. :-P
    I actually don't know how to find quests. I just know that I should check the Normal Quests available.
    Just check your Quest window. There's two tabs there, one for quests you've already accepted and one for quests that are available to you. Names that are in green can be clicked on. Click them and they will be marked on the map and you will auto-path to them.

To start a quest, I usually just click on the name of the quest giver NPC for a quest in the available quest list, then stop the auto-pathing and take a look at the map to see how easy he/she/it is to get to. If the NPC is close, you can just click on the marker on the map and you will begin auto-pathing to that location again.
    I'm not quite sure about my character's stats but I do have a pet that helps me defeat the monsters. I also upgrade my skills when it's available with the Venomancer. But if you could also give me an advice on how I should distribute the attributes points every time I level up it would be a big help too. b:pleased
    Venomancers actually have more flexibility than any other class for picking their builds, though for a beginner I'd recommend a "vit build". Check out the "Builds" section of the Venomancer entry at the wiki to a couple of links to different articles discussing various venomancer builds.

Hope that helps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • kaycelinn
    edited September 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Some people think that the goal of the game is to get your characters leveled up. Personally, I think it's to have fun. Standing around and skipping a ton of content while someone else levels you up isn't my idea of fun. :-P

Just check your Quest window. There's two tabs there, one for quests you've already accepted and one for quests that are available to you. Names that are in green can be clicked on. Click them and they will be marked on the map and you will auto-path to them.

To start a quest, I usually just click on the name of the quest giver NPC for a quest in the available quest list, then stop the auto-pathing and take a look at the map to see how easy he/she/it is to get to. If the NPC is close, you can just click on the marker on the map and you will begin auto-pathing to that location again.

Venomancers actually have more flexibility than any other class for picking their builds, though for a beginner I'd recommend a "vit build". Check out the "Builds" section of the Venomancer entry at the wiki to a couple of links to different articles discussing various venomancer builds.

Hope that helps!

Thanks a lot for the help! I'm going to check those out. :)