How do u recognice a GM?

krishnaya
krishnaya Posts: 47 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
i was doing world chats today to find a GM. someone PMed me but the name looked like a regular name. how do i recognize a gm? i played another game where when a GM pmed you, the name looked different and was a different color, so you knew it was a real GM.

how do u know if a person is a gm?
Post edited by krishnaya on

Comments

• Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GMs don't exist in-game. They are a lie!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They will have the GM icon next to their name if you get to see them face to face, and they likely will be afk, and on certain occassions, dead.
  • Omea - Lost City
    Omea - Lost City Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If they whisper you it's I think pink text that says "GM whispers:"
    How come, if someone asks a question in a forum, at least 13/20 posts answers the question in the same exact way, 5/20 word the exact same answer differently and 2/20 say something completely unrelated to both life and death?
  • SinMay - Archosaur
    SinMay - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GMs are a fiction created by our chinese overlords to spread fear amongst us b:shocked
    I personally believe they ODed back in 1967

Anyway and on topic if u call for a GM and they actually respond (getting ur weapon +12 with 12 mirages and no dragon orbs has a higher chance) they will spawn near u with a GM icon next to their name n they wont pm u back, the one who pmed u is probably a troll XD
    Im not a fvkn lvl100 female BM b:cry i hate u PWI
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GM's can usually be recognised by a heavy smoker's cough and a smell of cheap wine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GM's can usually be recognised by a heavy smoker's cough and a smell of cheap wine.

I can confirm this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A GM will have simply [GM] in red over their character's head in thick lettering. I've only ever seen them use a noob char tho......I have a screenie somewhere.......if I can find among my many other screenies......
  • zerosubs
    zerosubs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ive heard many people say GM's dont exist. My personal opinion is that GM's DO exist, but only on chinese servers (chinese developers = chinese GM's) I don't think you'd find one anywhere though over here.
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GMs exist in game? b:shocked Does that mean unicorns exist irl? Both are about as rare as one another. b:chuckle
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
  • Kaitica - Heavens Tear
    Kaitica - Heavens Tear Posts: 270 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You search all over PWI and use anything to look at their armor and stats.

newfash1.jpg
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    bearclaw<3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All the times Ive WC'd or used the GM button to get help have never been answered.

I tend to believe the "GMs are a myth" theory. Either that or there are lots of GMs getting a paycheck to play other games with PW running in the background.
  • Kremia - Lost City
    Kremia - Lost City Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I tend to believe the "GMs are a myth" theory. Either that or there are lots of GMs getting a paycheck to play other games with PW running in the background.

LMAO b:laugh

Guy if a gm answer u can ask him/her (is there any girl gm?) to tele near u to see if is a real gm, they can teleport at any point, and gms chars are easily reconizgable (do i spelled it right?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    (getting ur weapon +12 with 12 mirages and no dragon orbs has a higher chance)
    That would be quite a feat, using 2 mirages per refine level o.O

Anyway, I thought someone on these forums had a screenshot of a GM whispering them as their signature, and it was all red text, like a system message. My memory could be off tho.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    That would be quite a feat, using 2 mirages per refine level o.O

Anyway, I thought someone on these forums had a screenshot of a GM whispering them as their signature, and it was all red text, like a system message. My memory could be off tho.

You're thinking of Okeano (previously Divine_Death from DW)

Can you tell I live on here too much? b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Mendolin - Sanctuary
    Mendolin - Sanctuary Posts: 1,092 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it will appear in blue...
    GM whispers:

not

_GM_ whispers:
    _GM whispers:
    etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    To get a PWI GM in game while they are on duty, you have to know their WoW handle. Then simply whisper them.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it will appear in blue...
    GM whispers:

not

_GM_ whispers:
    _GM whispers:
    etc.
    the letters "GM" are banned names

however if you whisper someone and they whisper back "GM" then they're a GM
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    why do you need gms in game in first place? games without gms is allways better (Im serious). you dont want somebody who tell you where pk is allowed and where not. everything is allowed what game itself allow.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    GMs aren't that rare. I've seen BearClaw at least a dozen times alone. She decided to visit one of my nirvana runs one day. Some baddie in party was account sharing tsk tsk. I've seen other GMs as well a couple dozen times, BearClaw is the most frequent one. So, they do exist I can confirm this!
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • Toonsurfer - Sanctuary
    Toonsurfer - Sanctuary Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2011