PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011

You take the blue pill, you earn a one way ticket to the respawn point.

You take the 'Red Pill' and you stay in PK land and you and your friends fight back and you see how deep the group pvp goes.

b:laugh

And if they're low-mid levels they're wiped out a half dozen times and give up.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to have to post and complain. This just doesn't seem right at all to make Secret Passage PK enabled. I sat this morning and watched certain people from a certain faction (with a few others among them) PKing anything that came past, and many people on World Chat complaining about this.

Not everybody can afford to use the stone to get into their FB or BH. I know for a fact I had a hard time affording it in my lower levels, and I still run through Secret Passage to do FB or BH on my alts. Alternatively, on my alts I actually do quests, and a lot of the quests ARE required in the Secret Passage. Some of those mobs aren't outside either. Please consider that people old or new players do quests still on this game (although it may not be many people).

Also one more point...Silver Frost. How can I get my alts through to kill that? If I'm right, I'd have to run through.

Oh well, my words were probably already said but I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon. I don't approve of this update at all. At least make it enabled somewhere else, or in a room that nobody needs to go to. There's plenty of those in Secret Passage.
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    I'm going to have to post and complain. This just doesn't seem right at all to make Secret Passage PK enabled. I sat this morning and watched certain people from a certain faction (with a few others among them) PKing anything that came past, and many people on World Chat complaining about this.

Not everybody can afford to use the stone to get into their FB or BH. I know for a fact I had a hard time affording it in my lower levels, and I still run through Secret Passage to do FB or BH on my alts. Alternatively, on my alts I actually do quests, and a lot of the quests ARE required in the Secret Passage. Some of those mobs aren't outside either. Please consider that people old or new players do quests still on this game (although it may not be many people).

Also one more point...Silver Frost. How can I get my alts through to kill that? If I'm right, I'd have to run through.

Oh well, my words were probably already said but I thought I'd hop on the bandwagon. I don't approve of this update at all. At least make it enabled somewhere else, or in a room that nobody needs to go to. There's plenty of those in Secret Passage.

Please head over to the Poll:How do you feel about the forced/free PVP in Secret Passage and tell Quilue that, she seems to think pk of lowbies in SP doesn't happen. Well at least not on Sanctuary.
  • Roxxannae - Sanctuary
    Roxxannae - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It does happen. I pretty much watched it a while ago, except they've now moved somewhere else I believe due to all the complaining that has happened because of them. PKing lower levels in an instance like that doesn't exactly give your faction a good rep, not like it has a lot of good rep from what I've seen (hint hint)
  • buffnuts
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for saying so, hopefully the GM's will decide this is enough of an issue to do something about it before it gets out of hand.b:thanks

And again if anyone hasn't seen, please go vote against pk in SP on the 2 polls(the one is located in General Discussion and the other is located under the Suggestion Box)b:victory
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    buffnuts wrote: »
    Thanks for saying so, hopefully the GM's will decide this is enough of an issue to do something about it before it gets out of hand.b:thank

There is nothing called " enough " for PWe b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Asone - Raging Tide
    Asone - Raging Tide Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *sigh*

Frankie can you please just tell your manager that this is not sitting well with a good majority of the community?

I'm seeing spam all over World Chat today with people shouting to PKer's to "leave them be". FYI I'm putting this in nice terms since what said for real in WC was........less then polite......

Sure it was banable before, but now that it has been removed it just got 10 times worse.

And this is what, only day 1 or 2 since you edited the SP sticky thread?

I strongly move for the suggestion of moving the PK zone in SP to another instance not/hardly in use, or at the very least get them to fix it so that the lowbies can have their blue names back.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired PWI veteran. 06/26/2010-2014.
  • SocialDesire - Archosaur
    SocialDesire - Archosaur Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    *sigh*

Frankie can you please just tell your manager that this is not sitting well with a good majority of the community?

I'm seeing spam all over World Chat today with people shouting to PKer's to "leave them be". FYI I'm putting this in nice terms since what said for real in WC was........less then polite......

Sure it was banable before, but now that it has been removed it just got 10 times worse.

And this is what, only day 1 or 2 since you edited the SP sticky thread?

I strongly move for the suggestion of moving the PK zone in SP to another instance not/hardly in use, or at the very least get them to fix it so that the lowbies can have their blue names back.

I suggest it be moved to OHT.
  • evil013
    evil013 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I SUGGEST IT BE REMOVED FROM GAMEb:angry IS ANY ONE LISTENING OUT THERE??? 84 pages already in 2 daysb:chuckle Get it together PWI
  • protogoos
    protogoos Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I will go back in time to another online game that once was knocking on the doors of WoW..

I speak of Star Wars Galaxies. Once you were able to customize your toons to your specific design. Using a good balance of skills etc... Then a certain company *Not* Lucas Arts chose to change and modify the games to better fit the consoles even above the polulations desire and input paying for the game. Many times the makers of this game chose to ignore those paying the bills, many times people left in smaller numbers then here. This only due to the fact that the particular sci fi genre has at that time a very limited amount of games to change too..

Now move forward a few years Star Trek online started up many of us that had been there since 1 - 3 months after its launch left to move to a game that cared about its customers. Star wars galaxies is no longer as large as the company hoped to still be. Many times they tried to get us back many times we did the same to them as they did to us we ignored them. See without honestly trying a burnt bridge cannot be fixed.

The same company that I speak of is no longer being trusted with Lucas Arts products.

It is time to speak of old sayings:

Confusious once said:

Speak to the customers and listen to their words.
    For they pass the monies to you that you may continue business.
    Listen not to those that buy your products and soon you will be looking for a job.
    As your own customers that you have chosen to ignore will no longer buy what you have to sell.

The idea here is drive off or ignore those whom are buying your product which allows you a good businesss and soon there will be no business.

b:sad
  • Darkwraith - Raging Tide
    Darkwraith - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If the Mods are correct and Frankie is sending all this over to China for review, I have a pictogram to help them understand what they are doing and have done: http://s1117.photobucket.com/albums/k584/raney0351/?action=view&current=head_up-1.jpg

Hope this translates well for them.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HEY Frankie!!! b:pleased

b:sad You don't think there gonna go NERF on us again and go and Make Dragons TEMPLE RAIDER a PK free zone do ya b:shocked, this already seems like a friggen TWILIGHT ZONE Episode as it is?!?! b:surrender and if they do that they'll really be starting to scare me LOLOLOLOL
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I think developer would be interested http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1181611
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The 3 hours I was in there last night, I didn't see anyone get "caught in crossfire" I saw you and 3 others 1 shotting low lvls who asked repeatedly for you to let them go thru so they could quest. I think its great that this area exists, but not where it is. I can see where it would be hella fun for those who wanted to do it, but really; maybe I'm just too "grown up" but I don't see the fun in pking ppl who die in one shot just to grief them. Your geared more than capable to pk ppl your own level or within 10=15 levels of you either way. As I told you and the other 3 with you last night, what you are doing is nothing short of what a bully does on a playground. I think its great you are having fun playing the game, but the rest of us would like to have fun too. Your fun should not be allowed to be at the expense of harrassing/greifing other players.

Chimera, the people who are this unhappy and complain do it for a reason. Its because we truly like the game/or liked it. After 3 years of putting my time, effort, and money into this game; I'm not likely just to quit. Lets remember that slavery used to be perfectly ok, but because enough people "complained" about it; and there were some willing to fight for the cause, it was ended. So when you see people here complaining about what they feel is a game breaking issue, its because that is how change happens. That change might be the company doing nothing and losing mass amounts of players (albeit mostly new, because those of us who been here a long time don't want to lose our money and time put into the game) but none the less it will prompt some type of change.

I don't generally like Pk. However; I would love a place I could go to play other ppl without being in Pk mode. This would help in training for TW as well. There is a lot of good that could come from this type of instance, however; as has been said: Their choice of area came as a very skewed decision that needs to be revoked.

+1 Well said! It's really sad if these Enrage Members have to get their kill counts this way or get their fun killing noobs or 1 shotting them as you said...shows how pretty awesome your gear is all right....NOT...b:shutup
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Wow, imagine.... now higl level players can freely pwn noobs... what big e-peens are gonna pop out of this situation, huh?

You have several quest inside, from lvl 20'sh up and until lvl 100's.

What have the devs been drinking? And PWI allows this? You seriously are allowing the pwnage of noobs? Even the ones on PvE servers?

Wow, if I knew we had to PvP I would be playing something else for the last years.

You guys realise not everyone likes PvP right? That's why people play on PvE servers, duh.

This has got to be the most idiotic backstabbing rule you have enforced.

Thank you, I'll have to ponder my continuation on this game from now on.

+1 I Fully Agree

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    I can verify that, you indeed get teleported to the area for a split second before actually entering the FB instance - which could in fact get you killed by campers.

It's nothing to do with campers or PK'ers, this person is talking about the mobs in there, there's like 2 dragoon type things and I think 2 tombstones. You are very likely to die there just before passing through if you have low hp, especially if you lag...my tip is sin's go in stealth, clerics spam a few IH and other classes use some hp bots just before stoning in...

• chibisuke9
    chibisuke9 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    just 4 words:
    AoE ON DECEPTION ENTRANCE.

So you telling us its now allowed to place a mass AoE (Mage, Seeker, Archer skill) on the entrance of the hall of deception, so ppl trying to do their Bounty hut get instakilled when trying to enter the instance via the illusion stone?

nice fail... realy nice fail.

Also you tell me how ppl are surposed to do shade eido and the other bosses that are in there then?

sorry, Perfect World entertainment fails again...

And the excesion that its like that on the chineese version is just plain ****.
    This is 2 lines in a config file to fix!
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    thera are no pve servers on the chinese version right?
    i have a bad felling that this is just a test to see if they can turn al pve servers into pvp here to.
    hope i am wrong

If that happens, maybe people will quit the game, so I too hope you are very wrong...b:surrender

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Perhaps the boutique will start selling SP immunity stones or Silverfrost packs with a 2% chance of completing the quest and a 98% chance of being ported into SP to die.

+1 Bwhahahhaha, goood one b:chuckle ... wait, maybe ... that will happen b:shocked ... will probably cost an arm and leg too ... maybe this was just another scheme in the grand plan to get more money into the game b:surrender

• SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur
    SK_Takeuchi - Archosaur Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

WHY SP o.O??? Why not the ARENA on each CITY... o.O??? i just ask cuz its annoying to see some high level killing the questors inside the SP..... IJS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Former Leader of Sleeping Forest....
    Descendant from heaven...

SKY KING: Takeuchi Sora
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    I disagree with pk in SP. If your going to make an open PK instance, either make a "brand new" one, or at the very least dont put it where EVERYONE (lowbes included) go to. Could of made the Guild Base some kind of open PK thing. Ijs b:surrender

AGREE on first issue, but DISAGREE on the Guild Base part...I go in there too and I don't PK

• Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm still waiting for Frankie's genius excuse on why players under lvl 30 are able to be PKed. Especially since the ingame info still says you cannot be PKed or PK someone else until lv 30.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm still waiting for Frankie's genius excuse on why players under lvl 30 are able to be PKed. Especially since the ingame info still says you cannot be PKed or PK someone else until lv 30.
    generally you're "supposed to be" over 30 in SP, I did mine at 31, and I didn't use my alts to do other than qingzi
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Arokha - Dreamweaver
    Arokha - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    generally you're "supposed to be" over 30 in SP, I did mine at 31, and I didn't use my alts to do other than qingzi
    Yeah lol there's the key word "30 and under" even if they flipped the pk switch on sp you can get killed no matter what level you are because them making sp the pk area instead of using the ARENAS was such a good idea.
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    [EDIT] i cant even be bothered
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Bosk - Sanctuary
    Bosk - Sanctuary Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Grrr ... Okay, so I'm a bit torn on this one.

First off, I liked it when SP was a PK zone ***PREVIOUSLY*** because the PKers were only red and white name players. Everyone with a blue name could practically walk through without incident. Apparently (it never happened to me that I recall) you could be hurt by an AOE from a PKer even if you had a blue name, but that was the only issue, and for the most part there were plenty of clerics around should some kind of accident happen.

Next, if you did die in SP, you could:

a) be ressed by a cleric
    b) use a res scroll
    c) and presumably (if Mystics had been around) use the Mystic res buff and revive yourself.

And what happened when you did? YOU STAYED THERE!

The new version is annoying for a number of reasons:

1) PKing blue names. Come on! Okay, on PVP servers I get it, but even then there should still be the level restrictions in effect, but on PVE servers? What possible justification is there for allowing PK enabled players to kill non-PKing players?

2) Port out when dead. Okay, so maybe I have the benefit of not losing EXP or gear, but this is a poor price to have to pay, especially if I have a blue name and am just trying to get to the mobs or bosses in SP.

3) It is not like this is some remote or unimportant area of the world. There is the FB 29 boss (Qingzi), three other bosses (Shade Eido, Dismal Shade and Silverfrost), at least two important chests (Ancestral Painting and Wheel of Earth) (BTW: what are those other chests for?) and several mobs required for other quests (Demonfires, Ossien Guards, Ancient Evils and perhaps a few others). Also, I know of at least one Divine Contract quest that requires players to enter SP.

4) Die and get ported back to Orchid Temple. Seriously, that is a royal pain, especially if you are rushing to FB 29 to catch up to your party. Now what are you supposed to do? Port back to Arch then take the Illusion Stone (if you are high enough level) at a cost of 6,000 coins just to travel what you can walk in 25 seconds?

5) As far as I can tell, there is no consequence for bad behavior now. Banning people who PKed in SP before was at least a way of saying, "Hey, play nice!" Now you have level 100 Archers sitting in SP pressing TAB to try to select any player of any level that gets in range so they can pick them off. How is that fun? Reminder: Players taking the Weapon Token quest need Qingzi at level 20 or so.

Will I quit the game over this? No, of course not. Do I want PKing Banned? No, I don't want that either. In general I like the idea behind this, and it is nice to see all the people in SP PKing again. It is fun to watch. I understand the value of being able to test your skills and abilities without the risk of losing gear etc.

But there has to be some kind of balance. Either change the game to allow players to enter into PK Mode (perhaps a pop-up message whenever you enter SP) or make it clear that bad behavior (killing blue names that are obviously not PKing say) can still get you banned especially on PVE servers. (Seriously, if you want to PK, go to a PVP server and knock yourself out!.)

Good Luck!

[POP-UP IDEA DETAILED: Whenever someone enters SP a pop-up asks if they want to enter training-PK mode. Options are "YES" and "NO" with a "Remember my answer" box. YES means you are in a safe form of PK mode, NO means ***NO*** damage can happen to you, nor be done by you, from/to other players. Check "Remember my answer" and you never have to answer the question again.]

And get rid of the porting out when you die, or at least set the re-spawn point to the Safe Zone inside SP.
    Dante: "Cute is a relative term."
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Grrr ... Okay, so I'm a bit torn on this one.

First off, I liked it when SP was a PK zone ***PREVIOUSLY*** because the PKers were only red and white name players. Everyone with a blue name could practically walk through without incident. Apparently (it never happened to me that I recall) you could be hurt by an AOE from a PKer even if you had a blue name, but that was the only issue, and for the most part there were plenty of clerics around should some kind of accident happen.

Next, if you did die in SP, you could:

a) be ressed by a cleric
    b) use a res scroll
    c) and presumably (if Mystics had been around) use the Mystic res buff and revive yourself.

And what happened when you did? YOU STAYED THERE!

The new version is annoying for a number of reasons:

1) PKing blue names. Come on! Okay, on PVP servers I get it, but even then there should still be the level restrictions in effect, but on PVE servers? What possible justification is there for allowing PK enabled players to kill non-PKing players?

2) Port out when dead. Okay, so maybe I have the benefit of not losing EXP or gear, but this is a poor price to have to pay, especially if I have a blue name and am just trying to get to the mobs or bosses in SP.

3) It is not like this is some remote or unimportant area of the world. There is the FB 29 boss (Qingzi), three other bosses (Shade Eido, Dismal Shade and Silverfrost), at least two important chests (Ancestral Painting and Wheel of Earth) (BTW: what are those other chests for?) and several mobs required for other quests (Demonfires, Ossien Guards, Ancient Evils and perhaps a few others). Also, I know of at least one Divine Contract quest that requires players to enter SP.

4) Die and get ported back to Orchid Temple. Seriously, that is a royal pain, especially if you are rushing to FB 29 to catch up to your party. Now what are you supposed to do? Port back to Arch then take the Illusion Stone (if you are high enough level) at a cost of 6,000 coins just to travel what you can walk in 25 seconds?

5) As far as I can tell, there is no consequence for bad behavior now. Banning people who PKed in SP before was at least a way of saying, "Hey, play nice!" Now you have level 100 Archers sitting in SP pressing TAB to try to select any player of any level that gets in range so they can pick them off. How is that fun? Reminder: Players taking the Weapon Token quest need Qingzi at level 20 or so.

Will I quit the game over this? No, of course not. Do I want PKing Banned? No, I don't want that either. In general I like the idea behind this, and it is nice to see all the people in SP PKing again. It is fun to watch. I understand the value of being able to test your skills and abilities without the risk of losing gear etc.

But there has to be some kind of balance. Either change the game to allow players to enter into PK Mode (perhaps a pop-up message whenever you enter SP) or make it clear that bad behavior (killing blue names that are obviously not PKing say) can still get you banned especially on PVE servers. (Seriously, if you want to PK, go to a PVP server and knock yourself out!.)

Good Luck!

[POP-UP IDEA DETAILED: Whenever someone enters SP a pop-up asks if they want to enter training-PK mode. Options are "YES" and "NO" with a "Remember my answer" box. YES means you are in a safe form of PK mode, NO means ***NO*** damage can happen to you, nor be done by you, from/to other players. Check "Remember my answer" and you never have to answer the question again.]

And get rid of the porting out when you die, or at least set the re-spawn point to the Safe Zone inside SP.

+1 Fully Supported, but I stills say make a new instance away from questing areas...also I think its 5k coins not, 6k b:victory

• SinMay - Archosaur
    SinMay - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I dunno if anybody else agrees with me but tbh i like the whole blue name pvp thingy but i hate hearing that a lowbie in my faction got pked 200 times :S
    Now heres my suggestion: pk in sp should have a lvl restriction like for example u can only pk toons 5 lvls lower than u or they should make a range just like the one in phoenix valley so whenever a lvl100 tries to atk a lvl30 the atk wont go and he can only atk a lvl95+ and so on and so forth...but who're we talking to its not like our chinese overlords actually read the forums -_-"

I'm sorry if this has been previously suggested but reading 50+ pages is not my idea of a passtime
    Im not a fvkn lvl100 female BM b:cry i hate u PWI
  • sharlii
    sharlii Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    OMG You guys can't be serious, REALLY?? Why couldn't a pvp area be set up in an area where low levels don't need to go for quests. Also, why are they allowed to kill chars that are not in pk mode. COME ON - GET REAL. THIS NEW IDEA OF YOURS SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Way too complicated to implement for the incompetent PW devs.

Don't forget that this PK thing in SP comes from a goof in coding they made. And instead of fixing it, they decided to turn it into a "game feature".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
This discussion has been closed.