class info page

Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
So... the class info page apparently got updated (no idea how long ago, but oh well) and it has some... weird stuff...

At the archer page:

While having somewhat of a slower start than most other classes, this class really shines above level 70.

Never noticed such a thing myself, really.

Also, that archer has .ini edited tideborn hair b:sweat

Barbarian page:
Weapon:

Dual Swords, Dual Blades, Blades, Swords, Scythes, Spears, Clubs, Poleaxes, Sledgehammers, Dual Hand Axe, Dual Hammers, Fist Weapons

Da fuq?

At the blademaster page:
They are also famous for being a strong solo class after level 60.Finally, Blademasters are the kings of status effects, specifically in terms of stuns. There are two primary stat builds that players use with Blademasters: Heavy strength build in order to wear heavy armor, or a mix between strength and dexterity while wearing light armor which has a better mix of magical and physical defense.

Wat.

Cleric page:
In addition, Clerics specialize in using Metal elemental attacks, and can curse their enemies to reduce their defense, speed, or attack damage.

Uhh...no?

So, what the hell?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    XD I got a good laugh out of the classinfo page, too.

The TB hair on the archer...sad, someone has to ban that dev now D:

As for the weapon list for barbs...well, yes, they can actually use those weapons. Just like they can use magic wands and bows if they wanted. It doesn't mention that they can't use skills with those, though. <_<'''

I think the one that wrote that description for BMs is still way back in 2009 somewhere and sending his reports to the future by some means. Either that or it's a hint at those that wear the two Asura's armor pieces for the -int and -survivability (in most cases).

b:chuckle Don't you know? We can debuff our OWN attack damage! Isn't that just awesome? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Barunaa - Heavens Tear
    Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it just goes to show u that this game has bad service. its obvious that they hirer ppl that have no clue how the game works and probally has never even touched the game before other then to log on a GM acc.

they would be better off letting one of us regular forum goers/dedicated fans handling stuff like the game info page and wiki.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    it just goes to show u that this game has bad service. its obvious that they hirer ppl that have no clue how the game works and probally has never even touched the game before other then to log on a GM acc.

they would be better off letting one of us regular forum goers/dedicated fans handling stuff like the game info page and wiki.
    <_< The mods that handle the wiki are regular forum go'ers and regular players. Just so you know.

This was written by the incompetent web devs, I can tell. >:C Their coding is all over it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Their coding is all over it.

I b:laughed.

b:mischievous
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    In addition, Clerics specialize in using Metal elemental attacks, and can curse their enemies to reduce their defense, speed, or attack damage.

You haven't seen a full MAG demon cleric play much have you? I take aggro from barbs and tank Eden. (at least, I do when I'm not the one healing.b:chuckle)

The cleric is often underestimated in PvP as well.

Edit: wait, I just realized who the OP is. Seriously? I mean sure, it's not like a Psy or a Wiz, but it's nothing to smirk at either. My regular damage range is 20-30 per hit and I can crit anywhere from 50 to 114k. (with 10% crits, 18% with genie it's pretty freaking sweet too. b:victory)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @Sylen: he's referring to the "curse enemies > reduce attack damage"

@OP: class info has ALWAYS been like that.

It got renewed quite long time ago, with the add of the rotating 3D characters.

Btw, i remember that since ive started this game, the class info is faked up. Barb weapon use is just WTF. The other class description (beside TB n EG) are there since day 1 and havent changed since then.

And anyway that shows once more how much they know of this game
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
  • CessiI - Dreamweaver
    CessiI - Dreamweaver Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    it says CURCE aka debuff attack damage, i never saw a cleric debuff attack damage

read better
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sure they can. Dead mob = 0 attack.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maitatsu
    maitatsu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    On the Cleric info page:

An art picture of an Archer at the bottom.........that's sad.......
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Ah, so they haven't been updated since day one? <_< I was right about that dev being back in 2008-09 then.
    You haven't seen a full MAG demon cleric play much have you? I take aggro from barbs and tank Eden. (at least, I do when I'm not the one healing.)

The cleric is often underestimated in PvP as well.

Edit: wait, I just realized who the OP is. Seriously? I mean sure, it's not like a Psy or a Wiz, but it's nothing to smirk at either. My regular damage range is 20-30 per hit and I can crit anywhere from 50 to 114k. (with 10% crits, 18% with genie it's pretty freaking sweet too. b:victory)

b:dirty Demon clerics. But yeah, he was talking about us debuffing other's attack damage, which we can't actually do, except to ourselves with Silent seal...of course you don't have that problem, since you're demon and it doesn't reduce your damage. :D
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I b:laughed.

b:mischievous

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Also, that archer has .ini edited tideborn hair b:sweat

archer has .ini edited tideborn hair b:sweat

archer + tideborn hair b:sweat

b:angry i demand.... ini rules change.... b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sure they can. Dead mob = 0 attack.

I lol'ed. b:chuckle
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Clerics are traditionally built with low physical defense, but can also be adjusted statistically to wear light armor and as a result become more durable in the face of physical damage.

Hmm...Call me stupid, but ain't going Light armor take off quite a bit off magic, the MAIN ability of a cleric ?

Not saying it cannot work out, but to me..light armor wearing cleric = less good heals, less good DD power, less mana...Anyway...
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Clerics are traditionally built with low physical defense, but can also be adjusted statistically to wear light armor and as a result become more durable in the face of physical damage.

Hmm...Call me stupid, but ain't going Light armor take off quite a bit off magic, the MAIN ability of a cleric ?

Not saying it cannot work out, but to me..light armor wearing cleric = less good heals, less good DD power, less mana...Anyway...

Yeah, I wasn't gonna bash them for that, since it can actually work out pretty well from low to mid levels (same with the wizards page). I was LA from 70 -> 80 (which was about 2 years ago) and I didn't really find the lower magic attack and mana to be problematic, and that was even when the token potions weren't available.

It's still not a good recommendation for newbies, though. Maybe they want to trick them into buying reset notes b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i lol'ed at that veno wearing mystic rank9 also bms being masters of stun lies thats sins >.>
  • OmniX - Heavens Tear
    OmniX - Heavens Tear Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i lol'ed at that veno wearing mystic rank9 also bms being masters of stun lies thats sins >.>

IKR wtf i cant even get my **** and a veno has it on their class description lmao...and the seeker also has the R9 sword too.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Actually, I am a "regular forum goer/dedicated fan". :-P

Also, I sent Frankieraye a huge list of fixes for the Advanced Info section of the game info pages last month (8/3/'11), and so far none of those fixes have appeared on the website.

If you see any info on the wiki that needs updated, feel free to fix it yourself or put a note about it on the article's talk page.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)