Giant terrain glitch (with video)

zerosubs
zerosubs Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwZLZzR5Us

dont know if this has been found before but there ya go, a short video of the glitch. north of archosaur.
【○Falcon Punch】
Post edited by zerosubs on

Comments

• Adromada - Raging Tide
    Adromada - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    holy barnacles that was a huge glitch how often has that happened to you today.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • zerosubs
    edited September 2011
    its actualy still happening in the same spot. i havnt moved from there yet
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Theyll probably just leave it in game and use it for a Yellow Snow Name Writing event. Why bother fixing it when you can make it worse.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    something must be messing around with your pwi files, i just went there and there was nothing but lag but keep informing the forums if it continues, try and verify your pwi files again. or submit a ticket.
    The universe is made of Twelve particles of matter, Four forces of nature, The world is a dynamic mess Of Jiggling things.
  • zerosubs
    edited September 2011
    Theyll probably just leave it in game and use it for a Yellow Snow Name Writing event. Why bother fixing it when you can make it worse.

lmao xDD

EDIT: btw i clicked the best performance button and that fixed it.
    【○Falcon Punch】
  • BlackBerry - Dreamweaver
    BlackBerry - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    files :
    Does Best performance option use a different set of files (gfx)

hardware:
    or does it increase framerate ?
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I've had this aswell, just verify your files and it's gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:surrender It happens to Pressa too something everything though goes black and white its crazy but its usually way up in the air and if I move out of the area it goes away till next time. :o I have reinstalled and verified but it always comes back eventually ever since like a year and a half ago but its not game breaking so Pressa doesn't need to report it cause its also fun to look at.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Heh that's nothing compared to what I've had. How about teleporting somewhere, and the collision detection in the ENTIRE AREA is gone, and I fall through the world into an endless loop.
  • Adromada - Raging Tide
    edited September 2011
    files :
    Does Best performance option use a different set of files (gfx)

hardware:
    or does it increase framerate ?

generally its your video card trying to read corrupted files from when you download the game (thats why you should always verify after download) my GF plays pwi on a desktop comp and we found out when glitches like that happen the cpu usages spikes because the comp is working harder to find the appropriate folder to read and its not server wide or youd have over a thousand posts in here already, and best performance will work because its in a sub folder of the graphics options " not the initial graphics package".
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    have you sent this in on a ticket? its a problem that is not universal (not affecting the rest of the players) so if you send this in, hopefully you will get a reply that will help you adjust your PC to fix this.

my own first suggestion is to 1) first log off, and turn off your PC. then 2)try setting all to their lowest levels, and see how that works, gradually moving the sliders up til the problem happens again, then back down till you are at a point where the game is settled. but this is certainly something to report.

Good luck!
    zerosubs wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYwZLZzR5Us

dont know if this has been found before but there ya go, a short video of the glitch. north of archosaur.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Best performance does use a different set of texture files. I'd say it's likely that one of those files is corrupted. Run a disc scan for error and then verify files. Might also defrag while you're at it.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith