PvP in Secret Passage is now 100% allowed!

Comments

• Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I guess after hearing all the problems people are having I've changed my mind...
    It's definitely hugely fun for high levels but I'm not sure if people on PVE servers are really mature enough for this. It should be relocated or removed

Until then if anyone on Sanc has problems with someone preventing them from questing in SP point me at them b:victory

it's not that people on PvE servers arent mature enough for this.. reason PVE only people (like myself and im not ashamed to be one) chose to be in a PvE server is cuz of the minimum amount of PvP in it. Yes we are mature because we chose to be in a PvE server knowing it is different from a PvP server and now the pve standard was violated when sp was converted into a pvp zone when it used to be a pve and many newbies go in there and do quests like normal pve players and that is why we stood up against this. if ure a pvp player, go to a pvp server, arena, or event, but if u come to a pve server and want pvp where there shouldnt be then gtfo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You seem to be a bit confused, Green avatar = mod, unpaid, volunteer forum moderator, not PWE employee. Red Avatar = PWE Employee. But yes, we have always served the community first and foremost. We always raise issues with Frankie, and push the community's needs before anyone else.

I agree PWE needs to be more aware of their community, and work according to it.

Not confused at all. I know you two are in-game, playing along side the rest of us. Are the GMs in-game and playing? Is Frankie? In short, are the paid employees of the company doing due diligence and experiencing their product along with their customer base?
    Nope.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    another thing too: game reviewers are getting this. you won't just lose revenue from the leavers (new players unable to proceed and higher players just fed up with it). you'll lose more from those who will go elsewhere in the first place. and i don't mean just PWI, either.

again, even stupid business owners who don't even pretend to care what their customers want should not ignore the lost revenue
  • vampirenite
    vampirenite Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:laugh it's a lack of maturity not wanting to be harassed and bullied while trying to enjoy playing a game?? that's rich..

unfortunately, the heads sellers will just get richer charging lowbies and people past frustration to help keep the bullies off long enough to get the absolutely necessary done.

b:surrender

Agreed. I play on PvE for relaxing fun, I don't want to suddenly get attacked out of the blue by a Stealth Sin. (can you tell I hate Sins, they are just too ridiculously OPd, and the way they PK is just cowardly)

BTW, most new players don't even know what buying heads is. Besides, what new player is going to charge Zen to powerlevel when their first few under 30s questing experience is horrible. Most likely they will leave the game.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    By lack of maturity I was referring to people who enjoyed preventing low levels on PVE servers from doing whatever quests they want to do. Ideally the PKers would leave the low levels that belong there alone but maybe that really is expecting too much.

ahhh, kk. i totally misunderstood your post and i apologize. ty too, for letting me know.. b:flower
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You seem to be a bit confused, Green avatar = mod, unpaid, volunteer forum moderator, not PWE employee. Red Avatar = PWE Employee. But yes, we have always served the community first and foremost. We always raise issues with Frankie, and push the community's needs before anyone else.

I agree PWE needs to be more aware of their community, and work according to it.

You know what ?

I once had pretty mixed feelings about you, some people painted a very black image of you. But reading all your replies to this perticular thread, I do see you actually care b:victory

Just thought I shared, you know it's late, i'm tired..a bit of positive once in a while helps.

/inB4KrittyFeellingLeftAside

Ya, you are on my good side too

You guys are doing a good job, probably not a easy one, but a lot of respect and props for what your thinkings and what you can get done b:victory
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • Schznider - Dreamweaver
    Schznider - Dreamweaver Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    By lack of maturity I was referring to people who enjoyed preventing low levels on PVE servers from doing whatever quests they want to do. Ideally the PKers would leave the low levels that belong there alone but maybe that really is expecting too much.

didn't read your final post sorry. thank you for clarifying it, my comment on ur previous post still remains for those who think PvE players arent mature enough for this, ure not included :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself."
    "Always forgive your enemies; Nothing annoys them so much."
    -Oscar Wilde.
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    edited September 2011
    You know what ?

I once had pretty mixed feelings about you, some people painted a very black image of you. But reading all your replies to this perticular thread, I do see you actually care b:victory

Just thought I shared, you know it's late, i'm tired..a bit of positive once in a while helps.

/inB4KrittyFeellingLeftAside

Ya, you are on my good side too

You guys are doing a good job, probably not a easy one, but a lot of respect and props for what your thinkings and what you can get done b:victory

+1

also, love your sig, puma. matches very closely my concept of playing any game. nicely said! b:victory
  • ailiadrake
    ailiadrake Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Well, thank you for this immensely stupid update.
    I'm not against PK, but really... secret passage? You really HAD to make THAT place a PK allowed zone?
    I'm very disappointed...
    I have a couple of quests in there and I can't even get past the first room that I get killed by random idiots that don't know how to check when someone is not in PK mode.
    How the hell am I supposed to get those quests done?

I want an answer, now. And don't tell me to "team up with higher leveled characters" because, with the place literally crawling with PKers, even with an entire squad there would be problems.

Here are a couple of hints:
    1) move quest stuff out of the place.
    2) chose another instance for PK
  • populationcontrol
    populationcontrol Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    See, thats how you change a game, with the weight of the money you spend/dont spend as a player.

The players have the money, they hold the power.

I'd like to take this opportunity to encourage everyone who spends even a little money on this game to stop and encourage your friends to do the same. Every dollar you spend tells PW that theyre doing a good job, when it's obvious to most of us that they're incompetant, don't respect their players and try to pass failures as 'features'.

Frankie... Nobody believes your PR BS, you're not saving face for anyone. Get that --
    whatever the devs are plugging your hole with -- out, because you're filling up and you're just gonna...well, blow up and smear it all over the place.

I'm sure this'll get me in troulbe, but remember: We hold the money; We hold the power.

Money speaks louder than posts.
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This thread is growing faster than I can read...

Really funny. Basically what they are saying is "We made some changes that totally mess up game policies (pk bannable in sp) and server properties (pve as opposed to pvp) and also prevent a lot of people from doing their quests. But people can hyper fc their levels anyway, so quests are not needed. Enjoy!"

Even funnier is the reaction from some players buying this bull.

Edit: Oh, and of course you don't have to go there. You don't have to go to any other place than Archosaur West where you set up a catshop and trade with tokens. Isn't that fun?
  • Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver
    Fearlessjr - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

For our last patch, the developers decided to try something new - in keeping with the momentum of the PWIC tournament, they decided to give the players on the PW China servers a fully open PVP instance - they turned Secret Passage into a full PK zone.

Since our version almost 100% mirrors the Chinese version functionality-wise, we now have the same thing.

While this change is quite jarring, we think it will actually ultimately be a positive one, and for these reasons:

1. Players have been asking for a place to PVP without dropping gear for a long time. This new Secret Passage fulfills that role.

2. Secret Passage is not a mandatory instance for (edit: low-level) Spiritual Cultivation. Mobs needed for culti can be found just outside the instance as well.

3. Those who need to enter the Hall of Deception instance can use the various Illusion Stones in Archosaur (one is at 529,664).

So, in short, we're going to change this rule and monitor the situation. We do have a lot of high level players who would like to enter the world of PvP, and I believe that this new version of the Secret Passage will give them that opportunity.

So please let me know if you have any questions, and I'd like to mention a special thank you to KrittyCat who worked really hard to talk with and help players during this most interesting situation.

With all due respect frankieraye,

This is the dumbest thing you have ever done!! while the mobs may be outside the instance what about the bosses inside the instance needed for the cultivations as the oht cultivation requires it. Do you actually think before making game breaking changes? Apparently PWI has lost all concept of what its consumers (players) want. Rather than tell low levels to port into fb 29/bh29 having to pay think about the impact this has on low level players. This type of philosophy willl cause you to lose low level players and prevent further server growth. R.I.P. PWI. In all honesty i'll be suprised if PWI stays alive for a year after this change considering you just drove away new players. Also Which type of players did KRittyCat confer with pvp or pve players as I'm sorry but it sounds like only pvp players were the only ones conferred with. Just make a separate Instanced Version of Secret Passage if you feel so inclined to mirrior the chinese version so much as this is the International USA version not the Chinese Version.
  • Arokha - Dreamweaver
    Arokha - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm sorry but this idea is 100% stupid. I feel that it's just a waste for people to have to stone in so they don't get killed by stupid jerks who are probably 90+ waiting inside just to kill you every time you try and run past. I've already tried because I didn't want to waste the money to tele in so I could help a faction member with their fb and I got killed both times by some stupid Seeker sitting there. This is rather irritating and I know some people will agree having to waste money just to stone in so they can get past the new "pvp" area won't last and others will become outraged about being killed. I also agree about the thought of the bosses that are needed that aren't in the instance because lower levels will try to go past people and die due ot the fact that it was made 100% allowable and there's nothing they can do to get help because they can't stone into certain parts of the dungeon. I am really outraged with this and think it's total **** b:surrender
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This thread is growing faster than I can read...

Really funny. Basically what they are saying is "We made some changes that totally mess up game policies (pk bannable in sp) and server properties (pve as opposed to pvp) and also prevent a lot of people from doing their quests. But people can hyper fc their levels anyway, so quests are not needed. Enjoy!"

Even funnier is the reaction from some players buying this bull.

AGREED! Like I also said before and I'll say it again, maybe Frankie will pass my comments on too...

- I'm on a PVE server, I like to do quests (and what to have a choice whether to do them or not)
    - There are actually many quests/bosses in there, that we now cannot do (like I said I like doing my quests and I don't like the fact that I know don't have a choice but just can't do them - BS)
    - Now we are forced to TP into these instaces every time for BH, yes 5k isn't a lot to high levels, but to noobs it is, especially after spending coin on skills and CS (to level)
    - Make a separate instance for your pk place, other than questing areas (I do not agree with the cave of sadistic glee part, cuz there's quests in there too)
    - Don't give me that BS about "you don't have to do your quests", they are there for a reason, I want to do them, it helps me learn my char and their skills, I enjoy doing quests, it's my CHOICE (which you have now taken away)
    - Oh and also no one has really mentioned this, but TP'ing in there is not safe for noobs, as those mobs can actually kill them and then you're corpse is like stuck there, so you are forced to release and just try again...seriously - so if the instance is gonna stay as it is and we can are only then allowed to do bh29 by TP'ing considering moving those mobs are making TP in there safe (with also making the fee 0 as we are being forced to TP in).

TIP for SINS though, before you TP in, use stealth, it'll make your passage safe, CLERICS use a hp pot and put some IH on you before going in, and all other classes all you can do is use some HP pots before going in.

So basically they have a few choices: 1 - Leave instance as it is now, and we will QQ till it's fixed, 2 - Move all the bosses, quests items, mobs etc outside and make TP to BH29 free (like someone mentioned) - which I believe will be a lot more work than number 3 - Just make a separate instance where PK is enabled, that has nothing to do with questing or noobs passing through there.
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • Kemonomimi - Momaganon
    Kemonomimi - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is the limit.
    Just waitin for a new Korean game, something with with blades and souls, then its goodbye PWI
  • memworld
    memworld Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Thanks for ruining part of the game PWI. Now none of our fac members will be able to complete OHT.

You people should be shot.
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    While I will agree that there is a need/want for an instance for no risk PVP, I dont believe that Secret Passage should be that instance. The whole point of having quests in a game is to allow everyone the ability to do them. I enjoy doing quests especially the lower level ones, yes they can be tedious but I still enjoy doing them as do many others. By stating that lower levels have no need to do specific quests that are located inside Secret Passage PW is saying dont bother spending your time to learn your class, go instantly from the creation page to FF heads. PVP needs to always be a choice on a PVE server and making PVP available in an area where there are quests removes that choice. Solution is simple remove pvp from secret passage, create a new instance where pvp is enabled and there are no quests in that instance for anyone. Anyone entering this instance will know that the only reason to be there is for PVP.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like having a new instance we can pk in.. without fear of losing drops.... sure they coulda done it better but for once I approve of an update :D
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I sat down with a bag of popcorn and a glass of apple juice and spent 25 minutes laughing at how QQ everyone is over this tiny change. I was in sp today do you know who was there? 3 lowbies running through the cave killing mobs in the way to the gate. Do you know who was killing them? No one they were busy killing each other.Actually someone broke out of the pvp to help them clear. So all of the QQPWISDEAD nonsense is just so funny!
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    While I will agree that there is a need/want for an instance for no risk PVP, I dont believe that Secret Passage should be that instance. The whole point of having quests in a game is to allow everyone the ability to do them. I enjoy doing quests especially the lower level ones, yes they can be tedious but I still enjoy doing them as do many others. By stating that lower levels have no need to do specific quests that are located inside Secret Passage PW is saying dont bother spending your time to learn your class, go instantly from the creation page to FF heads. PVP needs to always be a choice on a PVE server and making PVP available in an area where there are quests removes that choice. Solution is simple remove pvp from secret passage, create a new instance where pvp is enabled and there are no quests in that instance for anyone. Anyone entering this instance will know that the only reason to be there is for PVP.

+1 b:victory

• RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I like to kill the high lvls that kill noobs, they just gave me an opportunity!

I like!
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There's a link to the petition to change this back in my siggy below if anyone wants to vote. I sent a ticket in for the harassment of my faction and all I got was a big "**** you we're not going to do anything". Thanks a lot PWI....
  • elosyadar
    elosyadar Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All you QQers suck it up. Like anyone still does Shade Eido and Dismal. They probably will move Silverfrost anyways. I don't see how you PvE-only guys find only killing mobs and bosses that barely fight back fun.
    It doesn't matter whether YOU think PVE is fun or not. I signed up for a PVE server two years ago, and I've found the game fun up until now. YOU have the choice to move to a PVP server if that's what you think is fun. But what choice do WE, PvE-only guys, have if they force PK areas into a game world that was promised NOT to include that very activity.

It simply isn't fair. To US. It's like a breach of contract. I didn't sign up for PVP. I only came to play here because it was a PVE server. Trust me, it was my ONLY REASON to play this game (and this server) instead of some other. Now it looks like I've wasted two years of money and time.

This is the way PWE says, "Happy Anniversary, we're changing the game that the majority of you love into something that will please a very small minority."
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There's a link to the petition to change this back in my siggy below if anyone wants to vote. I sent a ticket in for the harassment of my faction and all I got was a big "**** you we're not going to do anything". Thanks a lot PWI....

The response you got is not much different than what others have been replied as well. I'm wondering if this means PKing people who are trying to complete quests in there is no longer harassment because "they don't have to do these quests".

I fail to see the logic in that, again, it's not about having to do them, it's about wanting to do them -- and choosing a low level instance where quests are a part of and the sole reason for low levels to enter to as a PK free instance, is not the right kind of decision.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011

I'd love to sign the petition, but there's simply not a choice for me as I do not agree with it being move to Cave of Sadistic Glee as it is also a quest area, I will repeat again, MAKE A NEW INSTANCE - do not put the PK in a quest area. If you change/make a new petition I'd definately vote, but I can't click on YES or NO (reason stated above) and I can't click the other option, cuz that just doesn't help does it lol

• Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    The response you got is not much different than what others have been replied as well. I'm wondering if this means PKing people who are trying to complete quests in there is no longer harassment because "they don't have to do these quests".

I fail to see the logic in that, again, it's not about having to do them, it's about wanting to do them -- and choosing a low level instance where quests are a part of and the sole reason for low levels to enter to as a PK free instance, is not the right kind of decision.

I like you lol b:chuckle

• Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Now quit whining like every other little **** here and realise PWE doesn't make the changes China makes them and we have them, clearly china isn't full of little whiny girls and emo kids like PWI is.

To the best of my knowledge, China don't have any PvE servers. All their servers are PvP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Shelly, I got a question...you say you MODs are normal players right? Do you guys look like normal players in-game or do you have the green names? I don't think I've ever seen a MOD in-game. I've seen GM's like 3 times in my 2+ years of playing. And how exactly do you become a MOD?

• chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Shelly, I got a question...you say you MODs are normal players right? Do you guys look like normal players in-game or do you have the green names? I don't think I've ever seen a MOD in-game. I've seen GM's like 3 times in my 2+ years of playing. And how exactly do you become a MOD?

We look like normal players. We have no special privileges in game or special gear b:thanks

I was recruited for being a contributing member to the community over at the Forsaken World forums and was brought up here (and currently mod here and here only due to my decision to dedicate myself to a game I play regularly) and Kritty and Fuzzy were selected by the community here in a poll we held. Krisnda was recommended by us due to his contribution here.
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    We look like normal players. We have no special privileges in game or special gear b:thanks

I was recruited for being a contributing member to the community over at the Forsaken World forums and was brought up here (and currently mod here and here only due to my decision to dedicate myself to a game I play regularly) and Kritty and Fuzzy were selected by the community here in a poll we held. Krisnda was recommended by us due to his contribution here.

Cool thanks for reply XD

This discussion has been closed.