Trojan.Win32.FakeAK.ellk

Options
PhoenixMist - Lost City
PhoenixMist - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Support Desk
I had a Trojan.Win32.FakeAK.ellk virus detected from my Kaspersky Anti-Virus/Security software from my pwi downloader PWI_v166_Vista.part1.exe

I use the patch 2 to update with auto-patch.

Luckly it deleted the the virus. However, my game does sometimes crash rarely/sometimes in Arch on the Lost City Server which I use most.

I vertified everything with the patcher and sorta fixed the crash problem?

Should I switch the patcher to 1 instead of 2, however the virus detected came from patcher 1? Im confused.

Seriously what is the issue GM HELP ME.
Post edited by PhoenixMist - Lost City on

Comments

• Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you're getting the patch from PWE, you're not getting a virus. It's one of the many false positives that Kapersky is well known for. Your client crashes because the game needed that file.

1. try running the verify files option.

2. Disable Kapersky and then verify files.

3. Get rid of Kapersky and get Avast or Avira. Both are rated in the top 5, are totally free, and typically rate higher than the best paid AV solutions like Norton and McAfee. (Personally I use Avast for boot-time scans and Avira for standard detection.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • PhoenixMist - Lost City
    PhoenixMist - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I wonder why Kaspersky detected a Trojan.Win32.FakeAk.ellk. However if it dectected it, why did it delete the infection in the file? and my pwidownloader.exe is still there.

I even scan it again and its fine; which is good but I did have crashes before it detected it. Also I have been playing since this game even started (about 3 years). There was hacker a long time ago and GM had to shutdown servers for one day full one time I remember in the pass when most people got the virus. So it might be an different patches 1 or 2? So maybe someone sent the infected files to Kaspersky in the pass and they tried to update their signatures against it so now its false postives?

Or I don't know what the heck I am talking about.

Trojan%20on%20PWI.jpg
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    If you lookup that trojan online, you will see that it can piggy back on anything that you download.

Files you download from us are safe.

However, any toolbars in your web browser, any software that you use to download illegal games/movies/shows/music make your system super vulnerable. You think you downloaded a mp3 of a song you like, but you really download the song embedded with malware. That is just one example.

Sometimes legit game files get flagged as false positives.

It is your responsibility to make sure that you download the game directly from us, keep your system safe, secure and maintained. b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera