Why do you play PWI or visit these forums if you hate it so much?

Ikarium - Dreamweaver
Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
This is a serious question.
This forum and game have these people who QQ so much and are so hateful toward it, and towards those of us who actually do enjoy it.
So to all these people who endlessly complain about how much they hate it, how much is wrong with it :

This game is free to play. You have been forced to invest nothing. Why then, do you insist on continuing to play? Or insist on just coming here to the forums to endlessly cry and complain about it? Especially when the MMO market is huge and there's a slew of other options for you to play.
Yes, I realize there are genuine complaints and problems with this game. (goonz glitch, 1k glitch, rubberbanding, etc)

I am genuinely asking. Why continue to indulge yourself in something you so clearly hate?
Post edited by Ikarium - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Because it could be so much better.
    I'm guessing you didn't play this game before Sep 09

edit: The vast majority of PWI players are satisfied with this game. You just don't hear about it because why would someone complain about something good?
    Obviously the only complaints you hear are bad things. This makes it seem like EVERYBODY hates this game which is not true.

Anyway, where is all the 'irrational hating threads'? I've seen a one or two 'troll threads' or w/e, but those are outnumbered by reasoned arguments about the flaws of this game, which is hardly hating, and they are legit arguments.
    .when people come on here and just start yelling, bashing and swearing at the company for it...how can we expect to be taken serious? Or why would they consider opinions from raving lunatics who come in here and yell at them?

And these raging, raving posts set off a chain reaction - as was pointed out that I am emotional. Well, when the first thing I see in the morning as i check the forums drinking my coffee is bold, huge font yelling about some problem with the game, yeah it sets off a reaction in others.

Links to threads with 'swearing lunatics about the game in caps lock'? And not just one or two, because you're making it sound like many threads are like this. If you're right, I could find a thread full of "raving lunatics with raging raving posts..yelling,bashing and swearing" on the first page of GD.

Exaggeration. No one really hates this game like you're saying they do. Most posts [about the flaws of the game] ARE legit and not hateful swearing/yelling.

/massive edit
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Because it could be so much better.
    I'm guessing you didn't play this game before Sep 09
    I love how people try and throw that in my face. I'm not a beta player, but I was heavy into the game before even the Age of Spirits (genie) expansion. I had to grind levels in my 40's coz there was no other way. Did the long-*** TT's, spammed for FQ, did NS Zhen, WQ, and remember gold around 100k or so. So yes, I have seen the game evolve from that into what it is now.
  • CheetahWoods - Raging Tide
    CheetahWoods - Raging Tide Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    op taking it to the next level of QQ.

the QQ about the QQ'ers

oh SNAP! i just took it to the 3rd level QQing about the QQers QQing about all the QQing
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    op taking it to the next level of QQ.

the QQ about the QQ'ers

oh SNAP! i just took it to the 3rd level QQing about the QQers QQing about all the QQing
    Just asking a question. People hate the game so much and continue to indulge in it. I am curious as to why they do is all.
    edited September 2011
    ok srsly, do you think those, of whom you refer, are actually thinking things through?

do you think all the immature children, and immature/idiot adults, haters, ne'er-do-wells and other 3rd world crude semi-savages are filtered out of the playerbase?
    This would then only leave cool calm , retrospective, intellectual players, such as yourself, well me too..but i have raged on total idiots busting a-hole moves too, so im out too.

anyway, the general population is a bell curve. those dang fringes will get you every time.
    the bulk are sane quiet "normal"[sic] people.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    let me think, problems arise in a game and you expect no one to say a word? you just expect everyone that finds problems with the games to quit?, if players never expressed there opinions or ideas in the forums, the GM's would never know what's wrong and why there player base is getting smaller, at least think before making one of "these" threads.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited September 2011
    let me think, problems arise in a game and you expect no one to say a word? you just expect everyone that finds problems with the games to quit?, if players never expressed there opinions or ideas in the forums, the GM's would never know what's wrong and why there player base is getting smaller, at least think before making one of "these" threads.

i think you've picked on the weak leg of his original rant.

not really well defined so you can run in that direction.

i believe he was stressing the useless hating.

i post about things wrong. that can be done in a "not liking it, but playing team ball here to get it noticed and resolved"

i think the irrational hating part is the kicker, not game function complaints.

can you see the difference im talking about?

edit: btw, i love this game. i stopped buying zen when they screwed me[paying customer at the time] on the dq r9 and that clusterfunk. See, i was feeling entitled to better service. you know standard paying customer stuff and really PO'd. then i realized that for free, this is uber killer and i have been having a blast ever since. i would consider myself a drooling ****** to spend further money to get irritated. everyone else is boss of themselves and IDC how they roll.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I love how people try and throw that in my face. I'm not a beta player, but I was heavy into the game before even the Age of Spirits (genie) expansion. I had to grind levels in my 40's coz there was no other way. Did the long-*** TT's, spammed for FQ, did NS Zhen, WQ, and remember gold around 100k or so. So yes, I have seen the game evolve from that into what it is now.
    So you don't believe there's anything wrong with this game that's worth pointing out?

Oh, the QQ and the hate are stifling, I'll agree with you on that. But most of it is born out of a genuine wish to see this game get better. The sad fact is, all that love for this game we had in 2009 has been gradually betrayed and abused over time. So it's little wonder why some people are so cynical. :-/

Now if you ask me, I think some of them are cynical because 99% of the population embraced all of the negative changes (r8, aps, etc.) even after railing against them. "This is just how the game is now," they'll say. But why remove yourself from the elements that made the game fun?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    i think you've picked on the weak leg of his original rant.

not really well defined so you can run in that direction.

i believe he was stressing the useless hating.

i post about things wrong. that can be done in a "not liking it, but playing team ball here to get it noticed and resolved"

i think the irrational hating part is the kicker, not game function complaints.

can you see the difference im talking about?

edit: btw, i love this game. i stopped buying zen when they screwed me[paying customer at the time] on the dq r9 and that clusterfunk. See, i was feeling entitled to better service. you know standard paying customer stuff and really PO'd. then i realized that for free, this is uber killer and i have been having a blast ever since. i would consider myself a drooling ****** to spend further money to get irritated. everyone else is boss of themselves and IDC how they roll.
    Exactly, thank you. Not the weak leg of my original post, because thats not what i meant at all. I meant the irrational and useless hating. Like he says, u don't have to like it, but can still try and get things resolved, tho in a civil manner. Some of these topics express such raging hatred for it. As an example, why not a normal discussion about packs? Why start a flaming topic full of over-sized yelling and ranting text? Its needless hating and abuse.

And I got an answer I was looking for. CheetahWoods like the game, felt screwed over by rank9 taken from DQ, continues to play and have fun but does not financially support.
    edited September 2011
    do you other posters actually READ?

he said "haters" he said "realizes there are legit problems

you two are trying to turn HATE into "pointing out", which he made mention of as things to be legitimately complained about.

ok, that's all the effort you get out of me to explain the concept in an understandable manner.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    HOW DARE WE EXPECT THIS GAME TO LIVE UP TO IT'S POTENTIAL.

Seriously, when this game first came out it had huge potential to be one of the biggest MMOs out there. The foundation was laid amazingly well and could have been great.

Unfortunately laziness and incompetence have lead to very few content updates, the vast majority of which were mediocre and half completed. It has led to bugs not being fixed for YEARS.

I honestly couldn't care less about the cash shop or whatever, what irks me is that after 3 years this game has received virtually no attention other than "HEY BUY THIS COOL NEW THING". If it was, buy this cool new thing to help with this new content, I would be ecstatic. But no, the potential this game had has been thrown out the window.

The developers have done virtually nothing, while amazing new games have been released that curbstomp PWI and say "this is what a real game is"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    do you other posters actually READ?

he said "haters" he said "realizes there are legit problems

you two are trying to turn HATE into "pointing out", which he made mention of as things to be legitimately complained about.

ok, that's all the effort you get out of me to explain the concept in an understandable manner.
    OP was talking about the hate. The hate is, for the most part, a result of the community's cynicism after years of being spat on by the management. So how is "pointing out problems" not fair game? You think the hate just comes out of nowhere?

EDIT:
    Seriously, when this game first came out it had huge potential to be one of the biggest MMOs out there. The foundation was laid amazingly well and could have been great.

Unfortunately laziness and incompetence have lead to very few content updates, the vast majority of which were mediocre and half completed. It has led to bugs not being fixed for YEARS.

I honestly couldn't care less about the cash shop or whatever, what irks me is that after 3 years this game has received virtually no attention other than "HEY BUY THIS COOL NEW THING". If it was, buy this cool new thing to help with this new content, I would be ecstatic. But no, the potential this game had has been thrown out the window.
    Oh snap. When Rawrgh makes a serious post about it, it's gotta be important. D:
    If you can't tell, that means I agree with ya. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    op need to tell us when we are haters and when we have valid point.

if i qq about goonz glitch then im ok, but if i qq about economy then im hater? i rly dunno

draw the line plx D:
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    op need to tell us when we are haters and when we have valid point.

if i qq about goonz glitch then im ok, but if i qq about economy then im hater? i rly dunno

draw the line plx D:
    -.-
    No, its not what you want to express concerns about...its the method. You can come here and launch a normal tone and valid discussion about new packs. Or, you can come here and start a topic that starts right of with a hate-filled rant and is yelling anger.
    if it upsets you that much, why continue tp play and post?

Theres a difference bewteen wanting to express concern, wanting to make it better, offering opinion and screaming hatred.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    after years of being spat on by the management.

What management?

Okay okay, seriously now...I complain from time to time aswell, but I still play this game. PWI is an amazing game and, unless they ever decide to cut costs on hosting the game and make it a text adventure, will always remain so. PWI is amazing.

PWE... not so much, and we just like telling them that. It's about 10% genuine intent of changing the game for the better, 10% trolling and 80% trying to be funny (and I'm not saying I'm an exception to any of that b:chuckle).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    -.-
    No, its not what you want to express concerns about...its the method. You can come here and launch a normal tone and valid discussion about new packs. Or, you can come here and start a topic that starts right of with a hate-filled rant and is yelling anger.
    if it upsets you that much, why continue tp play and post?

Theres a difference bewteen wanting to express concern, wanting to make it better, offering opinion and screaming hatred.

why do u care about ppl who get emotional over game?

u get emotional
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    What management?

Okay okay, seriously now...I complain from time to time aswell, but I still play this game. PWI is an amazing game and, unless they ever decide to cut costs on hosting the game and make it a text adventure, will always remain so. PWI is amazing.
    Text adventure PWI would be hilarious:

"You have entered Room 11 of Cube. What do you do?"
    >Take quest
    "You took the room's quest! You must now wait three minutes to receive your d-."
    "You were killed by LOLDAGG0RZ."
    >WTF?
    "I'm sorry, that is not a valid command."
    >Ragequit
    "Thanks for playing PWI Text Adventure 2.1! You have now ragequit. By the way, have you heard about our new Anniversary Pack clone? It's awesome!? It has..." [continue ad nauseum]

:P

PWE... not so much, and we just like telling them that. It's about 10% genuine intent of changing the game for the better, 10% trolling and 80% trying to be funny (and I'm not saying I'm an exception to any of that b:chuckle).
    The sad thing is though, it wasn't always that ratio. It used to be 80% genuine intent. :-/

And of course, there's the problem where half of today's community can't distinguish between "being funny" and pointless trolling. -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Skulla - Dreamweaver
    Skulla - Dreamweaver Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So after reading through this thread it seems the OP has a problem with the vitriolic spew that leaks out of some peoples brains into his/her eyes and ears.

The OP doesn't seem to care that the game (as it was originally released to us) was an excellent example of a stable, fair and balanced formula of a play:reward ratio.

The OP doesn't seem to care that the "authorities" of the game exploited the greed of less "mature" individuals to maximize their profit margins at the expense of the stable, fair and balanced game play formula.

The OP doesn't seem to care that without said exploitation by the "authorities" of the game, that even at their worst, the less "mature" players wouldn't have been able to obliterate the stable, fair and balanced game play formula.

The worst that could have happened, IF the "authorities" of the game had maintained a modicum of restraint in their relentless pursuit of profit would have been player vs. player exploitation (most people like to call it free market economics).

Once the "authorities" decided to throw "poor" players under the bus-sized wallets of "wealthy" players (to increase the size of their own wallets), the balanced game play formula was destroyed and replaced with an ultra-competitive formula that (whether intentionally or not) has transformed a "gaming community" into a knock-down, drag-out, free-for-all, no-holds-barred, win at any cost or be made to feel inferior pressure cooker.

There are some of us out here who still try to ignore the disparity of the current state of the game. Some who still try to "play" Perfect World rather than "work" it. It gets harder all the time to ignore the gaps though. It's harder on some to see the changes that have occurred over time from what was and could have been to what is (and based on past experience, what will be).

Am I angry about people who "get" more "stuff" in a game than I do? Not even remotely.
    Because everything is obtainable.

Am I angry about people who enjoy degrading people who haven't "got good stuff"? You betcha.
    Because you could help them instead.

Am I angry about a company that tries to make money off of it's property? Not even remotely.
    Because they deserve to be compensated.

Am I angry about a company that blatantly increases profits by intentionally widening the gaps between "wealthy" vs. "poor" players thus destabilizing the "gaming community"? Ya think?
    Because they could have taken their money over the long haul instead.

So in answer to your question (which was: Why do I still come here to play or type?)
    It's not the game that I hate...
    It's the people who can't control their greed that I have a major problem with. (Hate is reserved for things that can't be changed.)

I believe that the community of gamers could make the necessary changes to the way they play that would put this game back to "rights". Even without the involvement of the game "authorities".
    I also realize that the likelihood of enough people understanding what I wrote here to make the pipe-dream of a restored Perfect World into a reality is about the same as discovering a four-leaf clover in the middle of the Sahara Desert.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I agree with some of the posters here. There is a difference between complaining and discussing in a civilized way. Sometimes it makes me question whether the reason a lot of time we're not taken seriously as a community is because a lot of the people on the forums bring silly complains, invalid arguements, "troll" or don't even know what they are talking about.

Don't get me wrong, I very much support pointing out mistakes, bugs, glitches, injustice and other problems the game or the company may have but a lot of the players "discuss" it in the wrong way.

On the other hand we have the plain haters. I supposed they are still hoping for some changes (for the better) somewhere deep inside. It really brings a negative atmosphere to the forums though. In-game, things seem much calmer to me.

Anyway, I was a hardcore player back in 2008/2009. I spent most of my time away in 2010 due to real life issues and only returned in September and afterwards. Now I don't care all that much. I still work for my gear and trying to improve myself (I do a lot of Nirvana and buy orbs whenever possible for refines, trying to refine my rank8 to +10, at +7 right now, as well as improving my gear and that of my alts) but I take it to a slow pace. I'm having more fun helping the faction, doing TTs, spending time with friends and/or faction. Dying a few times and having fun :P Maybe it's just me, that I don't care so much about PK or whoever has the best gear, the highest level. I don't need a billion coins to enjoy this game. And I'm very happy that I have learnt how to make money without the need of charging zen.
    I set goals for myself, even simple ones like making all the weapons for my Psychic myself with my name on them. The satisfaction is huge. This is, however, what keeps me playing. As long as you have goals, you will have something to work for, something to do. I have found reasons to keep playing the game, and I was about to quit PWI in June 2011 mind you but I joined a wonderful faction and I slapped myself and realised that I had lost the very core of playing a game: to enjoy it.
    Sure I get mad at times with bugs or rubberbanding and all that. Sure I've gotte angry with the game and complained to my friends. But if you ask me, I very much enjoy playing PWI.

But if you hate/dislike the game so much, just quit -.-
    Well, my two cents.

EDIT: Very nice post Skulla. I agree that the community/players have played a major role in "ruining" the game. Not just the company itself.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Asgardeus - Sanctuary
    Asgardeus - Sanctuary Posts: 551 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Meh... I don't think the OP wanted to say there's nothing wrong with the game...

Imo it's just sad what kind of place the forums became. There's a new thread, an interested player asking something. Promptly he gets flocked by five people saying how much this game sucks, how greedy the company is, and meh...
    I'm not saying everything's alright, don't get that wrong. But that's just pointless hate. If you're really that unhappy, just quit.
    I pretty much consider everyone who keeps posting like this a troll. Sad way to get attention...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not all of us who stick around enjoy mocking the game or the company. I just enjoy mocking bad posts and helping people with math homework.

b:cool
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Because some of us are overly addicted to forums b:laughb:avoid

Oh and the lulz of these forums sometimes is good entertainment when bored LOL xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is a serious question.
    This forum and game have these people who QQ so much and are so hateful toward it, and towards those of us who actually do enjoy it.
    So to all these people who endlessly complain about how much they hate it, how much is wrong with it :

This game is free to play. You have been forced to invest nothing. Why then, do you insist on continuing to play? Or insist on just coming here to the forums to endlessly cry and complain about it? Especially when the MMO market is huge and there's a slew of other options for you to play.
    Yes, I realize there are genuine complaints and problems with this game. (goonz glitch, 1k glitch, rubberbanding, etc)

I am genuinely asking. Why continue to indulge yourself in something you so clearly hate?

first of all it's not hate. If I would hate it, I wouldint play it. I dont have such strong emotions for game. but in this game I see MANY bad things, and thats why Im complaining (or QQ as you understand it). and after so many hours and (not as many) moneys spend on this game, I dont want to quit.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited September 2011
    Once the "authorities" decided to throw "poor" players under the bus-sized wallets of "wealthy" players (to increase the size of their own wallets), the balanced game play formula was destroyed and replaced with an ultra-competitive formula that (whether intentionally or not) has transformed a "gaming community" into a knock-down, drag-out, free-for-all, no-holds-barred, win at any cost or be made to feel inferior pressure cooker.

There are some of us out here who still try to ignore the disparity of the current state of the game. Some who still try to "play" Perfect World rather than "work" it. It gets harder all the time to ignore the gaps though. It's harder on some to see the changes that have occurred over time from what was and could have been to what is (and based on past experience, what will be).
    Well said. Just... wow. Seriously. Well said. o.o This is kind of the line of thought I've been entertaining for several months now (but I haven't yet put it to words as well as you just did :P).

If you're going to play PWI, you have to know what you're getting into and be ready to take everything with a grain of salt. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but it is. Your average newbie is not going to understand that they don't have to embrace every little screwed-up piece of this game. They'll make a thread asking for build/gear advice and get five people saying "u better get r8 or gtfo, lol pwe's wallet."

I like to think that, somewhere in their minds, those "r8 or gtfo" people are just trying to make a subtle satire of the system. But, then, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt a bit too much. >_> Either way, a newbie isn't going to understand that satire. A newbie is going to see that and take from it "I have to spend $70 and buy r8 if I want to matter in this game." And thus, in one quick decision, hordes of unique and interesting (not to mention, balanced) gears are discarded in favor of falling into line like a good little sheep.

(and if that list was tl;dr, that's exactly my point. nobody cares anymore unless it's statistically better than r8)

For my part, I try to give newbies a balanced critique of what they're getting into, while still stressing that you can have fun with the game without partaking of its... more corrupted elements. Obviously we can't go back to 2008 and some things you just can't ignore (the "token economy" being one of them), but balance should always be stressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    What management?

disagree. game is broken. at least its PvP part. so it's not amaizing at all. and it's not even PWE fault, but game itself (devs).
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Wow......now we are getting exactly what I wanted. A calm, normal discussion on it.
    Skulla, Desdi, Miugre - great posts. Tho Skulla, the point of the thread was not anything about the game flaws itself, or PWE. In how we handle them, rather. And you made some assumptions about what I care about. I am fully aware over the last 2.5 years of the problems with this game, but as Desdi said....when people come on here and just start yelling, bashing and swearing at the company for it...how can we expect to be taken serious? Or why would they consider opinions from raving lunatics who come in here and yell at them? This is what I am getting at here. Not that there is not problems with the game, or some of the aspects of how its run.

And these raging, raving posts set off a chain reaction - as was pointed out that I am emotional. Well, when the first thing I see in the morning as i check the forums drinking my coffee is bold, huge font yelling about some problem with the game, yeah it sets off a reaction in others.
    The recent posts in this thread are more of what should take place on our part. Insightful posts, with real opinion and thought behind them.

And about the "why do you still play it?", is not about filing or posting valid complaints in a decent fashion. There are valid issues and they should be voiced. Its about the people who are seemingly so full of hatred towards PWI and PWE that any form of rational discussion can't happen. And they attack anyone who offers a slightly different viewpoint, which leads down the chain reaction road. Which I myself have been caught up in.
    edited September 2011
    there were times when forums werent so trollish.. people tried 'calm, normal discussion' and were ignored. that build up lotta frustration - as you can see now.

idk whats so surprising about it.

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Its still a matter of conduct.
    If you look at it from a real life perspective........
    Say you work in retail (or something dealing with the public), and you have 2 customers.
    Customer 1 comes in with a problem with your service/product, and calmy explains the problem, possible solutions. You are more likely to help this guy out to the best of your ability and keep him satisfied.

Customer 2 comes in with the same problem, only he runs up to you, gets in your face and starts yelling and ranting at you. Insults you and the company you work for, demands a solution right there on the spot. You're more likely to throw the quickest, easiest fix (aka not the best one) at him to shut him up and get him out of your face.

Maybe the biggest reason we are ignored is because we are Customer #2. Not all the time, but the general feeling of the forums is of that nature. They read the rants, pass the info along, and they throw quick fixes at us when its convenient. I know if I worked for PWE in a position of knowing this stuff, I'd be more likely to participate in community discussion if I didn't have the fear of being slandered, bashed and ranted at.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Well, when the first thing I see in the morning as i check the forums drinking my coffee is bold, huge font yelling about some problem with the game, yeah it sets off a reaction in others.

I have no idea how long you have been using these forums for, but I've been here since day one of PWI opening, I've posted and posted, made opinions, thoughts, ideas in discussions in calm manners, PWI already know just how much quite a lot of people hate packs, if you had a read of the full "news" page, specifically the bit I quoted which is what set me off, along with finding out what was in the new pack, that was the reason for my post, the last bit, wasn't "yelling", because to begin with, you can't yell with words, the caps lock large font was more of a "make sure you read this and take it in", hence the "cough" to start with.

Now I know how people like you work, you get all "offended" at people writing with caps on the internet, especially when some people may be cheesed off in some way on how the GMs treat there player base, by ignoring them to hell, I'm free to express my opinions and thoughts how ever I want really and you're free to do it how you feel like it, also there's a difference in hating a game and hating how it's being run.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011

EDIT: Very nice post Skulla. I agree that the community/players have played a major role in "ruining" the game. Not just the company itself.

Agree.

Too many people have become zombies with the game :

- "Paaaacccckssss, Paaaccckkkssss. Got to get more paccccccckkkks"

So yeah, of course, company keeps selling them. As long as people keep buying them by the truckload, they will never stop selling them.

Personnaly, I say the boutique helped ruined the game, the greedy players intensified it.

Boutique should have always remained for esthetic stuff, like fash , mounts, flyers, pigments, and maybe teles. Now money can actually buy you power, makes it that every day, the margin between casual players and hardcore cs'ers gets bigger and bigger and you end up with a lot of new people not even able to get help.
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle