Barunaa - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    farm harder i guess
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People will argue if a cap is place, ppl will indirectly just sell thru WC and not place any gold in AH.

That argument is a common reply to these types of questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Like seriously?

Read Gold Cap in Auction Hall?.

It is impossible to set cap on the gold like impossible to remove inflation in real world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Like seriously?

You know what, I put money in and change it to gold, then AH the gold.

Do you know what I would do if there was this ridiculous 1 mil cap on gold?

I wouldn't.

As mentioned above, I'd either just buy the items I need (fashion) or want (charms, mounts, refining aids, etc), and either sell stuff for a high price via WC, or not bother with it.

Is that really want you want? Because it's what just about every person who charges zen and sells it for coins would do.

You'd see a lot of 'I have xxx amount of gold, willing to sell you any items from Boutique for coins! PM offers!' WC's if there was a cap. WC would go from somewhat unlivable for people selling **** to downright impossible to use for anything else, people would be using it 24/7 to sell their stuff.

The worst thing is, this point will be made to people asking your question over and over, and someone else will just come along and ask it again.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You can't force someone to sell you something of theirs for less than its worth. That's just being greedy / stealing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Scenario:
    Gold is capped at 1million in AH

Seller types:!@S>Gold 1.4m each.PM me what you want.

Buyer PMs saying he wants 50x Anni Packs.

Seller buys it with gold and trades the Anni Packs for coins.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People are still trying to get a gold cap?

Lol just give up. Start buying gold at 3mil ea so you can be prepared for the near future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    GOLD CAP

there i caps it.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You can't force someone to sell you something of theirs for less than its worth. That's just being greedy / stealing.

One dolar shouldn't make a player a multi miljonair either... If there is a gold cap... More ppl would buy stuff from boutique, there will be more actual items going around, gold and items from it will be farmable once again, inflation of the entire game would drop cause there is less coin to go around... Do I have to continue? b:bye

@KageYingZi: Only an idiot will fall for that when that happens...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

not really, the other game I used to play had somewhat of a capped auction price for items, and certain items in that auction house was 500 mil lowest price and 700 mil highest price (the set "capped" price via auction house) all people did was worldchat selling that item for its' street price, which was like 10 billion or some odd number.

Since everyone knew those items had street prices, no one bothered selling that item in Auction house, and of course thousands of people put their offers to buy that item for 700 mil and never got it because no one was stupid enough to sell it for less than it was worth.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    not really, the other game I used to play had somewhat of a capped auction price for items, and certain items in that auction house was 500 mil lowest price and 700 mil highest price (the set "capped" price via auction house) all people did was worldchat selling that item for its' street price, which was like 10 billion or some odd number.

Since everyone knew those items had street prices, no one bothered selling that item in Auction house, and of course thousands of people put their offers to buy that item for 700 mil and never got it because no one was stupid enough to sell it for less than it was worth.

Then maybe the GM's could put gold in it for the cap price... That way if ppl want to sell gold they have to go under that to actualy sell it... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    One dolar shouldn't make a player a multi miljonair either... If there is a gold cap... More ppl would buy stuff from boutique, there will be more actual items going around, gold and items from it will be farmable once again, inflation of the entire game would drop cause there is less coin to go around... Do I have to continue? b:bye

Actually wrong.

If gold was cheaper, the f2p people would have an easier access to gold. Doesn't matter to PWE where the gold comes from, yes. However, if you can easily farm the gold, there's less incentive to charge for it, meaning they lose money.

On the other hand, if you can gain a lot of stuff by charging a small amount, more people will charge and therefore PWE makes money.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Then maybe the GM's could put gold in it for the cap price... That way if ppl want to sell gold they have to go under that to actualy sell it... b:chuckle

1. gms would never do that because it wouldnt profit them.

2. if they did put gold in to sell at capped price all that would happen is a few people, maybe 1 person would buy all that gold at 1 mil each in the first minute and it would be gone, then everyone would be back to selling items via worldchat because no one else is using auction house to sell the underpriced gold.

edit: GM's would never do anything to manipulate the price of gold because cheaper gold means less people cash shopping. The higher each gold is the more people are tend to cahs shop because it takes more effort to farm the needed coins for something if a plat charm is like 9 mil (if packs didnt exist they would be at that price, but just go with it) so would u rather farm for w/e it takes the average person to get 9 mil, or cough up 6 dollars to buy it. If gold was super cheap like 100k each (making charms 600k each) would u cough up 6 dollars or do 1 farm run to earn 600k.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options

2. if they did put gold in to sell at capped price all that would happen is a few people, maybe 1 person would buy all that gold at 1 mil each in the first minute and it would be gone, then everyone would be back to selling items via worldchat because no one else is using auction house to sell the underpriced gold.

I think the person meant that if they put an infinite amount of gold at a specific price.

Though, they might just as well put all items in the boutique to NPCs. Which they would never do.

And it'd actually result in problems. The higher end gear in the game costs hundreds of millions and the only ways to get that money are to farm, merchant or charge zen. Farming would take a massive amount of time, merchanting would be dead and that leaves charging zen. Hooray, now you'll be a high level stuck with mediocre gear because the only way you can get the good gear is to charge zen or farm your heart out.

And the farming really doesn't work too well. For example, no one had the highest grade of OHT gear before they were put into packs. Similarly, if you suddenly had to farm 300,000,000 coins, you would run into a wall. You'd have to spend months at it and that's just not worth it if you could just charge and win.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    edited September 2011
    Options

People want to sell gold for maximum possible price.
    It has not cap, but has his formula to calculate depending from current amount of coins and current amount of gold.

And how you can relate "want" and "cap" ?

If you will set cap to one million, who will want it ?

Do you remember, that year ago price of gold was about 300k ?
    So, what could be possible cap, so that it will be stable even now ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I think the person meant that if they put an infinite amount of gold at a specific price.

if thatw as the case id imagine hyper inflation with every item not sold in shop, like pack rewards, uncannies, raptures, etc. I'm not sure, im no economy expert.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    People want to sell gold for maximum possible price.
    It has not cap, but has his formula to calculate depending from current amount of coins and current amount of gold.

And how you can relate "want" and "cap" ?

If you will set cap to one million, who will want it ?

Do you remember, that year ago price of gold was about 300k ?
    So, what could be possible cap, so that it will be stable even now ?

I say they put all items on sell at the vacant NPCs at prices that reflect 1 Gold = 100,000 coins. That way, everyone could buy infinite packs.
    if thatw as the case id imagine hyper inflation with every item not sold in shop, like pack rewards, uncannies, raptures, etc. I'm not sure, im no economy expert.

"Not sold in the shop"? If you have high enough funds, which some people do, you could just buy enough packs to get all of the stuff. And there's really nothing left in the game that isn't in some pack.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I say they put all items on sell at the vacant NPCs at prices that reflect 1 Gold = 100,000 coins. That way, everyone could buy infinite packs.

"Not sold in the shop"? If you have high enough funds, which some people do, you could just buy enough packs to get all of the stuff. And there's really nothing left in the game that isn't in some pack.

im trying to boggle my brain trying to think of the consequence if gms did cap gold. Im pretty sure all the cash shoppers would leave tho, since they dont wanna put money into something and not get their dollars' worth, and pwi would die.
  • Kadran - Dreamweaver
    Kadran - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Because the GMs can't alter the game. They can only police it.

/thread
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    edited September 2011
    Options
    im trying to boggle my brain trying to think of the consequence if gms did cap gold. Im pretty sure all the cash shoppers would leave tho, since they dont wanna put money into something and not get their dollars' worth, and pwi would die.

Not necessarily. Most likely the cash shoppers would instead focus on feeding themselves with charms and either not spending the remainder or spending it on packs for giggles.

And once they got enough charms to last for a long-enough duration, which could happen over a single charm sale, the profits of PWE would go very, very low.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The point I'm trying to make is that if gold in AH is capped,people won't use it to sell gold.They would do so over World Chat and charge based on how much the items cost in gold in the Boutique multiplied by coin charged per gold.

This happens in many games where there is a cap and the current price is over the cap or games where there is no such system in place.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Gold = ... = real money for PWE.
    PWIWiki wrote:
    It is often asked "Gold? Silver? Zen? What?"

So, the short answer:

$1 (US Dollar) = 100 zen = 1 gold = 100 silver
    ( = 100 Bonus Points, when promotions are running)

Gold and silver can ONLY be spent in the boutique, and in the boutique, you can ONLY spend gold and silver.

You can see, that there are no coins in price chain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The point I'm trying to make is that if gold in AH is capped,people won't use it to sell gold.They would do so over World Chat and charge based on how much the items cost in gold in the Boutique multiplied by coin charged per gold.

This happens in many games where there is a cap and the current price is over the cap or games where there is no such system in place.

+1 why people can't understand such a simple thing
    This also prevent gold spammer being successful, since in game people offer more coins / gold.

On other f2p games without trade able cash item / currency, f2p player or casual cs can only pray and hope to not fight heavy cash user.
    (on pvp based game that actually have benefit for pvp)
    Especially since most player this day aren't true hardcore gamer anymore, but anyone even those who not using computer on daily life.

Last time i explain this people just reply with: " What ? "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options

i understand all that, but whatshisface came out with an idea to cap gold in the way of GMs selling an infinite amount of gold at 1 mil each, instead of just a cap that people can go over. What would happen then in the long run? People wouldn't buy over the cap on worldchat because there's that infinite supply @ 1 mil each in auction house.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i understand all that, but whatshisface came out with an idea to cap gold in the way of GMs selling an infinite amount of gold at 1 mil each, instead of just a cap that people can go over. What would happen then in the long run? People wouldn't buy over the cap on worldchat because there's that infinite supply @ 1 mil each in auction house.

People wouldn't buy gold using real money if they can take it in game for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, perhaps those that think they know can explain something to me. We equate the in game economy to a free market system. ok I can see this, however on the issue of a gold price gap i see the same arguements over and over. You can not cap gold prices in the AH because people would then just sell gold (via Boutique items) directly or more money. WTF?? did i miss something here. If our economy is a free market system where the consumer is the ultimate decider on the price they pay for an item (and it is), then why would anyone expect joe smoe to pay more?

For example: Assume 1 mil gold cap for this. and gold is selling for 500k apiece because of it, (just an example for numbers)

Merchant A and merchant B see that packs are on sale for 10 silver apiece. They both buy ten dollars worth giving them 100 packs apiece. Merchant A sells his for the highest price he can get so sets them at 100k apiece. Merchant B Undercuts him and sells at 75k apiece. Now, along come Joe smoe to both catshops, he now has three choices; buy the packs he wants from Merchant A at 100k apiece, buy from Merchant B at 75k apiece, or buy gold with his coins and buy straight from the boutique. He has 5 million coins that he has decided to buy packs with. Now why would anyone think he would do anything other than buy gold with his coins to get the packs from the boutique? he gets more for the same amount.

Now how exactly is it impossible for a gold price cap to work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Ok, perhaps those that think they know can explain something to me. We equate the in game economy to a free market system. ok I can see this, however on the issue of a gold price gap i see the same arguements over and over. You can not cap gold prices in the AH because people would then just sell gold (via Boutique items) directly or more money. WTF?? did i miss something here. If our economy is a free market system where the consumer is the ultimate decider on the price they pay for an item (and it is), then why would anyone expect joe smoe to pay more?

For example: Assume 1 mil gold cap for this. and gold is selling for 500k apiece because of it, (just an example for numbers)

Merchant A and merchant B see that packs are on sale for 10 silver apiece. They both buy ten dollars worth giving them 100 packs apiece. Merchant A sells his for the highest price he can get so sets them at 100k apiece. Merchant B Undercuts him and sells at 75k apiece. Now, along come Joe smoe to both catshops, he now has three choices; buy the packs he wants from Merchant A at 100k apiece, buy from Merchant B at 75k apiece, or buy gold with his coins and buy straight from the boutique. He has 5 million coins that he has decided to buy packs with. Now why would anyone think he would do anything other than buy gold with his coins to get the packs from the boutique? he gets more for the same amount.

Now how exactly is it impossible for a gold price cap to work?

Buy 1000 gold and sell it for 1 million coins each.

Other one will sell same amount for more than 1 million coins reselling items from Botique.

You will get less profit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2011
    Options

edit: GM's would never do anything to manipulate the price of gold because cheaper gold means less people cash shopping. The higher each gold is the more people are tend to cahs shop because it takes more effort to farm the needed coins for something if a plat charm is like 9 mil (if packs didnt exist they would be at that price, but just go with it) so would u rather farm for w/e it takes the average person to get 9 mil, or cough up 6 dollars to buy it. If gold was super cheap like 100k each (making charms 600k each) would u cough up 6 dollars or do 1 farm run to earn 600k.

The diffirence between GM's and players... GM's want cash... Players don't want yet another person buying their way up and buying their endgame gear so they can act like they're pro but can't even play their class... The only pl who would be against this are then ones spending 100's of dollars each month (pathetic isn't it?) to become a multi miljonair and never ever having to work for their stuff... b:surrender

Yup that's what I ment... And I know it would be to good to be true but we can hope right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Buy 1000 gold and sell it for 1 million coins each.

Other one will sell same amount for more than 1 million coins reselling items from Botique.

You will get less profit.

That's just my point though. If I as a consumer have at least two choices I am gonna go with the one that gives me the most value. So how can anyone expect me (the consumer) to buy from them what I can get cheaper thru buying gold in the AH and then buying from the boutique.

Or stated differently: as a merchant how can I expect to sell something at 1,000,000 coins when for the same amount of coins the consumer could get two if they bought gold in AH and then bought from the boutiques.

Are we, as merchants, simply assuming the vast majority of our consumers are raving idiots?

And let's be honest here, for many buying and selling gold in the ah is to ingrained, a cap on gold prices wouldn't stop that from happening. We used to have a cap and gold was sold just as quickly thru the ah then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
    edited September 2011
    Options
    That's just my point though. If I as a consumer have at least two choices I am gonna go with the one that gives me the most value. So how can anyone expect me (the consumer) to buy from them what I can get cheaper thru buying gold in the AH and then buying from the boutique...

If someone now will sell you gold for 1 million coins, this will be sponsor for you.

No one will do it (if he not know you as friend at least).

But you can, if you want to resell it cheaper than real price (cheaper than others do now).

Will you do it ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]