FB Bloods could be made to receive DQ points?

Flixix - Dreamweaver
Flixix - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Suggestion Box
We have seen the chest of coins being implemented as a DQ reward already, how about making the Bloods that one receives from a Call to Duty a DQ reward. This would promote more people helping others do their FB's as the Rep reward no longer gives an incentive. This being due to the rep sales.

FB19: 1 DQ Point
FB29: 5 DQ Point
FB39: 5 DQ Point
FB51: 10 DQ Point
FB59: 15 DQ Point
FB69: 20 DQ Point
FB79: 25 DQ Point
FB89: 30 DQ Point
FB99: 35 DQ Point

The suggestion on different DQ values for each blood was made by: Si/\/er - Dreamweaver. This is my idea of what the points should be.
Post edited by Flixix - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a similar collection from back when FB spam was the way to level. Sounds like a good suggestion!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • mdnkiarareaper
    mdnkiarareaper Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I totally agree. If they're worth DQ points more people will be willing to go into FB's and that would probably also increase sales in boutique as well since alot of people use charms. It would be win-win, smaller players get more help, bigger players get DQ points, and PWI gets some extra income.
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Thank you guys for the support b:victory

I think this would really increase more people helping newbies which would encourage more people to stay and play the game :)

I literally have:

Celestial Blood 48
    Claw Blood 21
    Commander Blood 192
    Demon Blood 62
    Earthen Soul Blood 12
    Fiend Blood 69
    Phantom Blood 75
    Pirate Blood 170
    Sacred Beast Blood 242
    Underworld Blood 111
    Xenobeast Blood 32
  • DuckTapez - Archosaur
    DuckTapez - Archosaur Posts: 855 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    omg a realistic/sensible suggestion in the suggestion box for once :O

edit: decided to keep comment simple
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duct tape is like The Force: bright on one side, dark on the other. It holds the world together, and, if not handled correctly, becomes a sticky mess.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I like this one too, except for one small detail...

Some of the molds have to have FB bloods to be manufactured. Doing this change would take those molds the way of Dragon Quests.

What would your solution be to that tidbit?
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @OP: I like the idea ^^

@Kritty: I don't really see how this would affect the molds... b:surrender The bloods just have more uses now, just like the DQ items themselves.
    For those molds you will still have to do DQ, and you will still have to run fb's for the blood. Just that players without interest in the mold now get some DQ points for running people's fb's...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

Some of the molds have to have FB bloods to be manufactured. Doing this change would take those molds the way of Dragon Quests.

Well considering your being a stuck up nit wit and not returning my messages b:angry jerk, you go be a mod and they you forgets who your old friends are *runs off crying* b:cry

Joking lol

Sure when the Chest of Coins was made a DQ item did you take away the ability of it being opened by a perfect hammer. Oh and when you made the DQ items into point values too did you take away the Dragon Quests? Therefore the Bloods could have the duel ability as well :)
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    Well considering your being a stuck up nit wit and not returning my messages b:angry jerk, you go be a mod and they you forgets who your old friends are *runs off crying* b:cry

Joking lol

Sure when the Chest of Coins was made a DQ item did you take away the ability of it being opened by a perfect hammer. Oh and when you made the DQ items into point values too did you take away the Dragon Quests? Therefore the Bloods could have the duel ability as well :)

Wait... are you including the - Dreamweaver in the Send to? Because this account doesn't access those PMs.b:chuckle

If you want to send a PM, it's just KrittyCat.b:shutup

The thing is, both of those other things you mentioned aren't done anymore anyway. They also weren't integral to the game (as molds can sometimes be). Chest of coins was a worthless item as soon as gold hit 200k per, and the DQ points was simply PWE's response to many people complaining about having so many of them just sitting around. Dragon Quests aren't done anymore, because most of the rewards are obtainable without even doing them anymore. There is currently no other way to make the molds that require FB bloods other than by using the FB bloods.

Again, solution? If they become worth DQ points, people will sell them as such, and not as pieces needed to make a mold. That will make certain molds items unattainable, and hurt some players even more.
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Again, solution? If they become worth DQ points, people will sell them as such, and not as pieces needed to make a mold. That will make certain molds items unattainable, and hurt some players even more.

Not to aggravate this even more, but if they're selling them for DQ, they're still as attainable from being bought as before (price may change a little), and they still always have the option to farm it, just like they have the option to farm DQ items. :/ If you're saying that people won't realize that they aren't just for DQ, then that's a personal problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011

Sorry Kritty, but I disagree, as people can still farm the bloods needed to make the molds, just as they can grind for DQ items if they don't want to buy them from other players. Just as Flixix has all those bloods, she/he could probily make a couple of weapons/armor molds.

As for the points:

FB19: 5 DQ Point
    FB39: 10 DQ Point

I think it should be this, because it would give more incentive to make people help with FB's ^^.
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    We have seen the chest of coins being implemented as a DQ reward already, how about making the Bloods that one receives from a Call to Duty a DQ reward. This would promote more people helping others do their FB's as the Rep reward no longer gives an incentive. This being due to the rep sales.

FB19: 1 DQ Point
    FB39: 5 DQ Point

The suggestion on different DQ values for each blood was made by: Si/\/er - Dreamweaver. This is my idea of what the points should be.

Overall I find this a great idea, but I do think the bloods should be worth a little more imo. Just to make it more rewarding and to encourage more people to do FB/BH's instead of being in FC all day.

But still this is a great idea. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Thraxan - Dreamweaver
    Thraxan - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wait... are you including the - Dreamweaver in the Send to? Because this account doesn't access those PMs.b:chuckle

If you want to send a PM, it's just KrittyCat.b:shutup

The thing is, both of those other things you mentioned aren't done anymore anyway. They also weren't integral to the game (as molds can sometimes be). Chest of coins was a worthless item as soon as gold hit 200k per, and the DQ points was simply PWE's response to many people complaining about having so many of them just sitting around. Dragon Quests aren't done anymore, because most of the rewards are obtainable without even doing them anymore. There is currently no other way to make the molds that require FB bloods other than by using the FB bloods.

*Rolls eyes* I mean I just don't see you on my FL that much anymore. I miss seeing you around lol XD I remembers you as a newbie ;)

Hmm honestly though the molds are rarely used. End game gear for most classes would not include those. Have to agree with the other poster, if they did not realise that bloods can be used for molds then yeah fail XD
  • krittycat
    edited September 2011
    *Rolls eyes* I mean I just don't see you on my FL that much anymore. I miss seeing you around lol XD I remembers you as a newbie ;)

Hmm honestly though the molds are rarely used. End game gear for most classes would not include those. Have to agree with the other poster, if they did not realise that bloods can be used for molds then yeah fail XD

Your character switch confused me for a second there...

And I might have removed you from my friends list...I'll have to check that.b:surrender
  • Flixix - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Your character switch confused me for a second there...

And I might have removed you from my friends list...I'll have to check that.b:surrender

Whoops ya sis wanted to charge lol

You has Egle on your FL still though :P Come gimme some hugs huh!
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »

As for the points:

FB19: 5 DQ Point
    FB39: 10 DQ Point

I think it should be this, because it would give more incentive to make people help with FB's ^^.

Oh goody! I'd get a sixth of the DQP a single DQ my level gives me for doing a lowbie's FB!
    And an ENTIRE DQ's worth for an FB99 boss!

Wow, that's almost a whole Mysterious Chip b:sweat

Here's some real incentive:

FB19: 400 DQP
    FB29: 500 DQP
    FB39: 250 DQP x 3
    FB51: 300 DQP x 3
    FB59: 300 DQP x 5
    FB69: 600 DQP x 3
    FB79: 700 DQP x 3
    FB89: 800 DQP x 3
    FB99: 600 DQP x 7
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Oh goody! I'd get a sixth of the DQP a single DQ my level gives me for doing a lowbie's FB!
    And an ENTIRE DQ's worth for an FB99 boss!

Wow, that's almost a whole Mysterious Chip b:sweat

Here's some real incentive:

FB19: 400 DQP
    FB29: 500 DQP
    FB39: 250 DQP x 3
    FB51: 300 DQP x 3
    FB59: 300 DQP x 5
    FB69: 600 DQP x 3
    FB79: 700 DQP x 3
    FB89: 800 DQP x 3
    FB99: 600 DQP x 7

Well, I was thinking along the same line as you, but come on now, do you really think ^ would happen, with some of the bloods being more than what the chest of coins is worth, its not "reasonable", especially since everyone would just buy sage/demon event cards for 50 free gold.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Well, I was thinking along the same line as you, but come on now, do you really think ^ would happen, with some of the bloods being more than what the chest of coins is worth, its not "reasonable", especially since everyone would just buy sage/demon event cards for 50 free gold.

Chests of Coins aren't such a rare find either, though. Compare it with the length of an FB and you'd come at only a decent DQP profit at lower FB's. For example; grinding roughly 25 level 91 DQ's which give about 700 DQP total in the time it takes to do an fb39 is certainly possible. For the newbie needing the FB it's a nice one-time DQP boost.
    It gives more profit at the higher level, and thus harder and more rare, FB's.

You'd need to do 100 FB29's for an event card and a little over 11 FB99's. I don't know about you, but I don't have a friend dinging 99 every day.

Ofcourse the chances of this getting implemented are next to zero, but unreasonable? Not in my opinion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Chests of Coins aren't such a rare find either, though. Compare it with the length of an FB and you'd come at only a decent DQP profit at lower FB's. For example; grinding roughly 25 level 91 DQ's which give about 700 DQP total in the time it takes to do an fb39 is certainly possible. For the newbie needing the FB it's a nice one-time DQP boost.
    It gives more profit at the higher level, and thus harder and more rare, FB's.

You'd need to do 100 FB29's for an event card and a little over 11 FB99's. I don't know about you, but I don't have a friend dinging 99 every day.

Ofcourse the chances of this getting implemented are next to zero, but unreasonable? Not in my opinion.

WTB 11 FB99 bloods PM me. Willing to help with YOUR fb, pm me! Your FB, my drops squad PM ME. I like the idea, but I wouldn't want the fb99 run to be worth more than a chest of coins. That's a little too many dq points. Perhaps if the most you could get per run were 100 or so, it wouldn't be such a big deal. A small incentive to help out your fellow lowbies sure, a reason to take over their squads and swoop in and take everything? Nah.

I don't know about you, but chest of coins are actually way more available now then they were before. My main concern would be if they were too valuable it would encourage the drop stealers and really high levels to dominate FBs. And those are great learning experiences for bhs when you run with a squad that doesn't kill everything in an instant. And no, I"m not comparing the two in the slightest. I think smaller values would be nice. It would also be a neat way to introduce lowbies to the dq point system.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Most FB molds require LOTS of dragon orders. Those are already expensive because noone does them and people already sell the DQs for dq points. The blood is usually a small cost compared to the orders so I doubt this would change how few people get those molds.

Dragon orders are also in high demand by people making r6 weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html