Seeker in Caster Nirvana?

Escorian - Dreamweaver
Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
So would you caster classes be willing to take a seeker along with you into Caster Nirvana since they do magic damage with alot of their attacks?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
Post edited by Escorian - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes, since they also have great magic debuffs as well to help squad DD better, like what you said they do magic damage and they don't get invited to normal Nirvana's anyway... so why not? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes, since they also have great magic debuffs as well to help squad DD better, like what you said they do magic damage and they don't get invited to normal Nirvana's anyway... so why not? lol

what he said, casters have been left on the side lines from normal vana for ages we shouldn't continue the same treads, we're casters we're better than thatb:cool
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011

Then in this case, you might as well let archers (metal damage), and barbs (wood damage) in too since they don't get NV either xD.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Then in this case, you might as well let archers (metal damage), and barbs (wood damage) in too since they don't get NV either xD.

Or any melee class that has sharded their weapon with elemental/magic shards. But i believe the instance is set to caster classes only? Not sure if seeker falls into this category, seeing as they equip melee weapons.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Or any melee class that has sharded their weapon with elemental/magic shards. But i believe the instance is set to caster classes only? Not sure if seeker falls into this category, seeing as they equip melee weapons.

Exactly my point lol ^^.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    any class can go into the nirvana even bm and sin as long as they have the talisman.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011

But, archers and barbs can get to 5 aps pretty easily, seekers can't
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    But, archers and barbs can get to 5 aps pretty easily, seekers can't

Lol, apparantly the damage they do sucks compared to sins and bm's b:chuckle
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lol, apparantly the damage they do sucks compared to sins and bm's b:chuckle

if they're weapon is refined high, they may not do the damage of sins and bms but its still alot of damage with perma spark
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    How do you compare barb and archer elemental buffs to seekers magic attacks and debuffs?
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    How do you compare barb and archer elemental buffs to seekers magic attacks and debuffs?

It's a joke, it's supposed to be a "caster" nirvana, and people are complaining because "this" melee class with "magic skills" isn't "invited" to all the fun, thus ruining the point for a "caster nirvana". xD
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yes. Hell, I'd even take them in normal nirvana. And have a few times.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Seeker debuffs are more useful to caster squads than the 5aps squads which do normal nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Seeker debuffs are more useful to caster squads than the 5aps squads which do normal nirvana.

I agree fully :D
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    It's a joke, it's supposed to be a "caster" nirvana, and people are complaining because "this" melee class with "magic skills" isn't "invited" to all the fun, thus ruining the point for a "caster nirvana". xD

Where was I or anyone else in this thread complaining about it? I was just asking a simple question.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    dont see why casters wouldnt take them and also have a handy HA user for those um, barely-have-enough-hp-to-take-a-hit type of people u MIGHT find in random squads (have found such ppl for bh who only survive due to awsome clerics). have yet to try out caster nirvana so not sure how hard those bosses hit but even for an off chance itd be good to have someone with good def
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Where was I or anyone else in this thread complaining about it? I was just asking a simple question.

inb4 she finds someones post to edit to prove you wrongb:avoid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    It's a joke. xD

Just in case you didn't see that xD.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Just in case you didn't see that xD.

Yeah and in the same sentence you state.
    it's supposed to be a "caster" nirvana, and people are complaining because "this" melee class with "magic skills" isn't "invited" to all the fun, thus ruining the point for a "caster nirvana".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    inb4 she finds someones post to edit to prove you wrongb:avoid.

Kris is a guy just to let you know... lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • krisnda
    edited September 2011
    Yeah and in the same sentence you state.
    it's supposed to be a "caster" nirvana, and "people" are complaining because "this" melee class with "magic skills" isn't "invited" to all the fun, thus ruining the point for a "caster nirvana". xD

My last point, then I have to go to bed b:tired

I never said you or mentioned any other people "in this thread", as you said:

I was just talking about people in general with this whole "APS craze" xD, so yea, idk what else to say to that b:surrender good night . ^^
    Kris is a guy just to let you know... lol

Edit: Thanks Silver xDD
  • sethh
    sethh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    If i can't find any Magic DD probably but, I doubt it if i got 6 Casters in squad, yeah seekers got pretty normal magic dmg and pretty cool debuff but they not worth as a caster in this instance, so imho sorry seekers better luck next time :P.
    b:pleasedI'm ignorant :)
  • Defaultwomen - Raging Tide
    Defaultwomen - Raging Tide Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow its too badd people hardly understand or even know about our debuffs -_-
  • Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
    Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow its too badd people hardly understand or even know about our debuffs -_-

I do understand that, as I have a seeker lvl 82. They , in fact, can help a lot casters do more damage.

But sadly, at the base, they are a melee class. I went to Nirvanas with a seeker in group and it went well.

It's about the same that happens with barbs in a way. Having one is great for hp buff/atk buff but no way will he be able to hold agro against 4-5 aps sins that have said buffs, thus not everyone takes one.

Story is similar with seeker. Clerics would like the metal debuffs, wiz the fire one, etc...But after applying those debuffs, in a caster nirvana, they would be less useful then in a physical based one.

It is sad that they cannot go help, but at least, of the two latest classes, each can go to their own versions of it.

Yes, a 4-5 aps sin squad won't want a seeker, like most don't want a "just" 2.86 aps bm like me, but that's where friends kick in to make their own squads :)
    Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i am happy they killing aps really so now i am going aps.

for me aps is like any skill now u have certain time to deal extra damage auto attacking LIKE a skill would then u have to get back ur chi and repeaet.

in a way it make ppl think of its as a usefull skill not something u can do and finito its done.

dont u guys agree this way its more like a skill with aps.

as for pvp its still usefull if u make sure ur oponenr is stun locked and u knew they wont move or u will have wasted ur chi b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    as for seeker they will still we considered melee so no not really.
    caster is caster and halv caster is halv caster
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    sethh wrote: »
    If i can't find any Magic DD probably but, I doubt it if i got 6 Casters in squad, yeah seekers got pretty normal magic dmg and pretty cool debuff but they not worth as a caster in this instance, so imho sorry seekers better luck next time :P.

A seeker with level'd debuffs in a caster squad can boost squad damage considerably, not even taking into account their own attacks. I always love to have a seeker in squad in caster nirvy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i am happy they killing aps really so now i am going aps.

for me aps is like any skill now u have certain time to deal extra damage auto attacking LIKE a skill would then u have to get back ur chi and repeaet.

in a way it make ppl think of its as a usefull skill not something u can do and finito its done.

dont u guys agree this way its more like a skill with aps.

as for pvp its still usefull if u make sure ur oponenr is stun locked and u knew they wont move or u will have wasted ur chi b:chuckle

Lol at this. all your other posts are like. "i don't like aps" or "i'm a true barb" and now your talking about going aps because of a few changes. still seems slightly hypocritical to me