FC GLITCH IS FIXED!!! (kinda)

Options

Comments

• Creaver - Heavens Tear
    Creaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    wow render fail there. someone needs new drivers or a new card.
  • DaMastaSin - Sanctuary
    DaMastaSin - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i have those same black boxes sometimes when i enter orchid temple (but yea only happens when i lag)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The only thing wrong there is on your end. Either your graphics card is glitching out or your connection is lagging a little. Sorry, but that's not a game issue.b:bye
    Lag has nothing to do with that and can't cause that problem. All graphics and map data are already on your computer.

Perhaps it's only some video cards, but I see that exact same thing at that location in Orchid Temple. (And no, verify doesn't fix it.)

Still, whether that is a game issue or not is debatable. The fact that it only happens in that one area suggests to me that there's something wrong with that particular DDS file, not with the graphics cards. It might just be that most graphics cards handle whatever is wrong with the DDS file for that grass better than the ones that see them as black squares, but that would still be a problem with a corrupt file, not really a graphics card issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Yeah idk about that. I always see them down by the NPC GraveRobber around forest ruins. And I can eliminate them by adjusting my in-game graphics setting to the 1,2 or 4th click on the Effects Overall system setting.

I can duplicate this on two separate laptops. So this would, indeed, seem to be an issue in the game, not with indiviudals' graphic cards.

No other issues with my graphics card(s), so yeah.

Please don't suggest that I submit a ticket. It bothers me not at all, not worth my time. LOL.

Edit: i think it has to do with those bushes, not the grass.. Seems like it on my laptops anyway.
  • DaMastaSin - Sanctuary
    DaMastaSin - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    it also does it by the grave robber in the jungle ruins. I found that when i turn the plants effects up/down on the game settings it changes. like at lowest effects it doesnt show up, next higher it doesnt, in the middle it does, second to highest it doesnt, and highest it does. idk but it seems to me like sum files might be a lil off
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver
    ImNotFiveAps - Dreamweaver Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    The only thing wrong there is on your end. Either your graphics card is glitching out or your connection is lagging a little. Sorry, but that's not a game issue.b:bye

Lol... Idk whats worse, a mod thinking thats a video card problem, or a mod thinking that is lag.

Either way you're wrong. If (almost) everyone can see it then it isnt lag. I see it too.

Im running on a damn good card too. Seeing as I play any game I want without lag on max settings. Including this one...in west arch... quadruple clienting...on max settings...while downloading pron... and...and...you get the idea. Don't defend PW and be a kiss ***. Let me guess, rubberbanding is also our connection problem too? 100% of the server lags huh? Nice one. Maybe your servers suck ***, maybe your developers cba to fix a corrupt file, maybe...juat maybe... your company you represent cares more about money than they do fixing all the problems in this game.
    Yeah Zan! That level 105 already informed us you noob!

You looked damn sexy on cam too ;D

Remember me? :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    You looked damn sexy on cam too ;D

Remember me? :3

Why yes, Princess Peach, I do. And thank you darling b:shy
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    goons will still spawn the same way but they now give exp not worth it. b:chuckleb:byeb:thanks

Maybe someone forgot that they were on exhaust. b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Lag has nothing to do with that and can't cause that problem. All graphics and map data are already on your computer.

Perhaps it's only some video cards, but I see that exact same thing at that location in Orchid Temple. (And no, verify doesn't fix it.)

Still, whether that is a game issue or not is debatable. The fact that it only happens in that one area suggests to me that there's something wrong with that particular DDS file, not with the graphics cards. It might just be that most graphics cards handle whatever is wrong with the DDS file for that grass better than the ones that see them as black squares, but that would still be a problem with a corrupt file, not really a graphics card issue.

Mostly correct, yes. From what I know, there are a multitude of graphical in-game rendering issues that occur based on what graphics card you have. For instance, having an on-board intel based graphics card causes things like the amazing lobster mount to have a huge never-ending rod from it's a.ss to the sky, lol. NVIDIA cards have that issue by Orchid Temple, like the one in the picture above.

The game runs on a 2003-2004 gaming engine called "Angelica". It doesn't recognize or even utilize the high-end graphic cards that are present in modern day systems. It doesn't recognize multiple processors, either. Hence why, if you have a top of the line PC the client still will lag to a certain extent.

I can partake in Crysis 2 + Crysis 1 max settings @ the same time on my current PC w/ out lag. But, alas -- I lag in places like West arch. No, it's not my connection either. While playing PWI, I always give myself max speeds (1.5mbps connection).
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    about that black **** - it only apear when I playing on my laptop. the problem is that Im playing PW on this laptop most of time. and this is clearly not only my laptops problem, because my brother seeing the same thing on his laptop when he playing PW.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What'll that do? Nothing.
    How about resetting the accounts of the offenders completely back to the first time they glitched? Inventory, coin, exp, SP, everything. Since their account was in violation of the ToS the entire time since they first did it, it should be reset back to how it was before their first glitch.

Smart. Very smart.

Especially if they put $$$ in and AH'ed it into coins. Then what? They call their CC company and file a dispute? PWE wouldn't even be able to ban their account because 'they have no cash shop items' and lost the coin and such they purchased with it. What about consumables? Are you going to make people UNUSE the charms they purchased?
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Smart. Very smart.

Especially if they put $$$ in and AH'ed it into coins. Then what? They call their CC company and file a dispute? PWE wouldn't even be able to ban their account because 'they have no cash shop items' and lost the coin and such they purchased with it. What about consumables? Are you going to make people UNUSE the charms they purchased?

PWI can take away anything from your account if you violate their terms. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    PWI can take away anything from your account if you violate their terms. b:bye

Now if only they'd take away your ability to post on the forums...
  • Kitamura - Lost City
    Kitamura - Lost City Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Even if Frost Glitch is fixed people will still get to 105 fast with this guide made by Wishess and me.
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1176031

Today I saw Wadzio and Calvin fighting for Oracle9 spot...
    [SIGPIC]100% F2P Assassin[/SIGPIC]
    Overclocked 100% F2P Assassin (1st lvl105 @ 22Nov2010)
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Now if only they'd take away your ability to post on the forums...

Yeah if only they would ban me like they banned you huh? b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options

Wow you and Ds love to bring that up, it's a shame you have nothing else to say... I'm surprised you silly little trolls haven't started QQfest '11 yet. b:chuckle If only I could transfer servers with my new BM.. bet even with how undergeared he is he would kick your assb:chuckle
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

o snap
    like many before me and the dumb but funny michael kelso from that 70's show
    BURNb:laugh

edit: dam Zan couldnt you have posted after me grr
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    anwynd wrote: »
    o snap
    like many before me and the dumb but funny michael kelso from that 70's show
    BURNb:laugh

edit: dam Zan couldnt you have posted after me grr

What can I say, I'm a pro ninja :P

And it's not a burn if it's not surprising and embarrassing for the person they're trying to burn.. with Esco it's more of a.. hmm... well I guess it's not much of anything, other than him making a complete idiot out of himself, but hey, I doubt that surprises anyone.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What can I say, I'm a pro ninja :P

And it's not a burn if it's not surprising and embarrassing for the person they're trying to burn.. with Esco it's more of a.. hmm... well I guess it's not much of anything, other than him making a complete idiot out of himself, but hey, I doubt that surprises anyone.

i have to say your burn was way better from the post above my last one lolb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Wow you and Ds love to bring that up, it's a shame you have nothing else to say... I'm surprised you silly little trolls haven't started QQfest '11 yet. b:chuckle If only I could transfer servers with my new BM.. bet even with how undergeared he is he would kick your assb:chuckle

lets see more then 1 post of me saying that b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lets see more then 1 post of me saying that b:bye

Not quite sure why I'd need to dig up a thread where you brought that up when you've already proven my point by mentioning it here. It's more than just me that sees you as a pathetic and ignorant troll with a superiority complex, and usually.. when more than one person finds flaws with someone it's that person, not the community. So, you know, maybe you should work on that. Obviously you won't, you'll continue to be a complete idiot and make a fool out of yourself time and time again, but hey.. just a suggestion.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Not quite sure why I'd need to dig up a thread where you brought that up when you've already proven my point by mentioning it here. It's more than just me that sees you as a pathetic and ignorant troll with a superiority complex, and usually.. when more than one person finds flaws with someone it's that person, not the community. So, you know, maybe you should work on that. Obviously you won't, you'll continue to be a complete idiot and make a fool out of yourself time and time again, but hey.. just a suggestion.

lol im the one with the superiority complex? your the one that comes into every thread i post and tries to insult me and yet you fail cause i laugh at your stupidity. b:bye (incoming your the stupid one comment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

• Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol im the one with the superiority complex? your the one that comes into every thread i post and tries to insult me and yet you fail cause i laugh at your stupidity. b:bye (incoming your the stupid one comment)

So.. you're implying that I'm the one with a superiority complex because I insult you whenever you're in a thread? Uh.. no, actually I'm simply calling you on your bullsh*t. I don't waste my time going into every thread you post because there are those extremely rare times where you aren't acting like a complete tool. I only ever bother to comment when you troll, which just so happens to be a lot.

Oh.. and I believe the word you want is "you're", as in "you are". If you're gonna call someone stupid at least know how to use the english language properly. Oh look! I used you're correctly! Gee that was so hard!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what does spelling correctly have to do with being smart.

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender.

plz enlight us how spelling correctly mean have a brian.

should i tell u that there are ather countrys and that ppl do speak swedish for one
    should i force u to spell in swedish and if u fail u would we indirectly un idiot.

i think it does sound fair dont u.

hmm ok well spenish to maybe see can u do either.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    what does spelling correctly have to do with being smart.

b:surrenderb:surrenderb:surrender.

plz enlight us how spelling correctly mean have a brian.

should i tell u that there are ather countrys and that ppl do speak swedish for one
    should i force u to spell in swedish and if u fail u would we indirectly un idiot.

i think it does sound fair dont u.

hmm ok well spenish to maybe see can u do either.

Esco isn't swedish or spanish or any other foreign nationality, english is his primary language. I'm not asking for someone who speaks english as a secondary language to use proper grammar.

If you're posting on a forum then it's doubtful you're in a rush, it doesn't take much effort to use proper grammar and spelling. Especially if english is your first language.
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just everyone chill the eff out.

1.) They did not alter the goon glitch at all.

2.)Zan shush.

3.) You guys are gullible.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Just everyone chill the eff out.

1.) They did not alter the goon glitch at all.

2.)Zan shush.

3.) You guys are gullible.

Girl shut yo mouth you know you love me >:O
  • Bellefleurs - Raging Tide
    Bellefleurs - Raging Tide Posts: 733 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Girl shut yo mouth you know you love me >:O

You would be correct suga.

I love all 800 lbs of you b:kiss

P.S. get on vent i need help staying awake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired nonfactor archer.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    b:shocked lol

this isnt specific against u only i hear this spelling excuse pretty often from americans

so for me its nothing but a lame excuse.

ps spelling mostly come from school but what if ur school days suxed as and u couldent stay there hade to work u think u would care to learn to spell in say a candy shop
    or any simplistic work where spelling isnt even asked.

they would ask u to speak tho but not to write and well knew math b:surrender.
  • Northern - Dreamweaver
    Northern - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    uhh if they fixed the glitch why is half of the factions my alts are in doing it?
This discussion has been closed.