Theoretical Pet

Options
mryc
mryc Posts: 71 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Mystic
This turns out to be incorrect, buffs arnt ment to effect the pet, mine must of glitched once as I checked it later

I was playing around with ideas, and was told that pets get a benefit of 1/4 of the player’s stats, so I had a mess about summoning Devil Chihyu, wile having my gear off and on, and it seemed to be true. I also found that it's not just your equipment, if your buffed higher, the buffs also effect the pet if summoned wile you have the buffs on. So here is my theoretical pet tank:

Level 100 Heavy Sage Mystic – 9,978 Physical defence (mana does suck but with the gear I chose it has a +40mana regen and is still able to wield level 95 magic weapons apart from wand, so with apoc powders you would have enough mana to keep the pet healed, but not much else).

Sage Mystic – Sage Verdant Shell + 100%
Sage Mystic - Energy Leech on Devil Chihyu + 100%
Demon Cleric - Demon Stream of Rejuvenation + 100%
Sage Cleric – Sage Vanguard Spirit + 160%
Demon BM – Demon Aura of the Golden Bell + 150%
BM – Buddha’s Guard +1000%
+1610% Total boost gets you to 170,623 Physical defence
170,623/4 = 42,655
So the pets get +42,655 physical defence (I don't know the base defences of pets at level 100 so I left it as +def)

This is over double the Physical defence of a Herc with its skills on.

I still prefer playing arcane, but this was just an idea I had for those that wanted to make a tank.

Note: Getting the buffs each time to summon a pet would be a pain, but with just a demon BM you could still get +1450% giving your pet 36,170 physical defence, which is still higher than a Herc.
Post edited by mryc on

Comments

• __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Pretty sure Pets don't benefit from stats added from buffs upon summon. Just from raw base(?)/equipment stats. Not to mention the fact that most of those buffs don't stack. >.>
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • mryc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Which buffs don't go together?

Some of them only last a matter of seconds, but it's long enough to summon a pet.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Buffs do not effect the stats of summons. They get 5%-50% of gear benefits depending on the lvl of the skill. If they did get bonus from buffs, you would see many mystics stack buffs, storm leech, triple spark, rapid growth, and then summon a pretty OP storm or devil. And with chi pots, imagine summoning cragg with that buff combo...

I think they did that so that legendary pets can still keep an edge with the buff skills they come with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mryc
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Try reading posts fully b:cute

My pet "once" did get extra stats from a BMs def buff, but I later found out that this was a one off glitch so added the red text at the top, so people could let this topic die.