Boot AFK(other than meditate/catshop)players

Options
kelo121
kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
ok,first of all,my whole post tells the truth,use your common sense,especially if you have been here in pwi for like half a year,you would probably know

I'd like to see players booted for being afk
because most were only showing their r8(fail)/glowy/sparky armor,weapons
and most AFK while sitting on mounts/anniversary mount(dude,anni mount is free and not a hell hound,so back up the mount)

and lv80 noob sin PKers(red name),everytime i see them,i always like "dude,get out of safe zone,you're a red name.why watching players on SP(silver pool&secret passage) while doing nothing?
can't fight with ppl at your level?you failed and wanted to hunt low levels?if they realize that you're a high level and asks him/her to go leave safezone,they will walk away and pretend to be having something to do with a nearest NPC(commonly banker/mailbox)or will not respond,trying to be "AFK"
cmon guys get real.

what?tt80?tt90?r8?r9?mounts?epic Untamed flyers?
big deal?
why to afk for 24 hours doing nothing while wearing "glowy" gears in a low level city?
reason?
if you ask them regardless what level you are,they might say:
"man im chatting/on phone/my friend needs help",mostly they will NOT RESPOND,
everytime i see a lv50+ standing with glowy gears doing nothing,i always feel like wanting to know their IP and **** their PC to teach em a lesson.
Post edited by kelo121 on

Comments

• Merenth - Archosaur
    Merenth - Archosaur Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lol, umad Bro b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The way to gain a good reputation, is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear. - Socrates
  • Jianqiao - Dreamweaver
    Jianqiao - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I have a question for OP; why do you care? Do the actions, or inaction as the case may be, of a random AFK player in any way effect you? Didn't think so.
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sounds like you're jealous of people with glowly gears (or anni mounts).

Who cares if someone is AFK? And what business is it of yours why and where they are AFK? I AFK for hours at a time. And its none of your business why.
  • IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver
    IrenaSteiner - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Could you at least space out your sentences...

And who cares if they are afk, just move along about your business...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kelo121 wrote: »
    mostly they will NOT RESPOND,

I tend to ignore people I don't know, whether I'm AFK or not. Other players are under absolutely no obligation to respond to you if they don't want to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    The most useless QQ i ever saw on these forums b:laugh

Don't click here
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • kelo121
    kelo121 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    they made lags and who actually like it?
    especially if there's a bunch of them

dude get real,diamond of tiger is far better than those stones which causes glows.
    those immaculate shards are there just for the glows
  • Drakaniel - Heavens Tear
    Drakaniel - Heavens Tear Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

dude get real,diamond of tiger is far better than those stones which causes glows.

Get a better PC and let people be afk in peace. Would you like me to come and knock at your door when you're taking a dump to tell you you've been in there too long ?

And if you're jealous about other's gear, then gear up yourself and don't ask people to buy highly expensive shards (that you can't afford, because you seem so mad about them showing off their gear) so that Your Majesty have less lag.

/thread
    [SIGPIC]"http://pwinsider.wordpress.com"[/SIGPIC]

Registered on 2008-11-30 10:07:44
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    you have referenced only lvl50+ or lvl80 'noob' sins. And you wonder why they don't have DoT's in their gear?

Whos the one who whispers people to see why they are AFK? Checks up on people to see if they are? And checks the gear of all these people?
    I think that says ALOT more about you than it does someone who went AFK.
  • Jianqiao - Dreamweaver
    Jianqiao - Dreamweaver Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options

Lag in cities? A little. Lag while actually playing instead of being a creeper who checks out everyone's gear? Nope.

DoTs? G8 shards give a decent enough bonus without being out of reach for most casual players. Hell, G9 or G10 are easily obtainable for someone who puts a little more effort into the game (because yes, it is a game, not a second job). DoTs? Really?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OP, personally, I don't like those that show off either. Some really go out of their way to try and impress people with their digital ****, and it's both annoying and humorous at the same time. However, like most things in life, you have to learn to deal with things you don't like to see, or don't care about seeing, or think bogs down the game (whether it be causing server lag, pc/frame lag, etc.). Your tone comes off as overly sensitive, however, just being brutally honest and not so whiny/mad I think might help at least a few more people want to see things your way.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    What is this...I don't even....

I use immacs because A) I'm not level 100 yet, so there is no way i'd shard with the most expensive grade stuff and B) because I need shards, and those ones are reasonably affordable with a bit of work. I assure you it's not just because it glows and is shiny. Which is why you'll notice, I don't use shards that don't match my class. And i'm wiling to be the same true for these random afkers you are gear checking. As long as they don't park their butts on top of an NPC, I really don't care if they are afk and even then i'm only mildly annoyed. Then I just hit shift and get over it. To be honest, unless they intentionally blocking access to your catshop repeatedly, there is no reason to get mad at someone afking. And yeah, I afk all the time. I'm a college student, i'll study for a while and tab in to play, then get off and do something else. Also, PKers have to burn off hours so they often go AFK. It really isn't a big deal at all. Instead of being a paranoid weirdo gear checking them all the time, why don't you go play the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Another thing to note to you, OP, is the fact that meditate actually makes players more shiny than if they were just standing around. This leads me to believe the only reason you don't want AFK players in-game is jealousy of their gears and shards.

Sorry, but facts are facts.
    b:shutup
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @Kritty People will generally be more impressed by a glowing red wep than meditating. Yeah meditating looks better visually, but a glowy wep is rarer than a skill that everybody has.

People standing around at South Arch between banker and teleporter showing off their R9 pixels are a peeve to me, as well. But you gotta move on, a game is a game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @Kritty People will generally be more impressed by a glowing red wep than meditating. Yeah meditating looks better visually, but a glowy wep is rarer than a skill that everybody has.

People standing around at South Arch between banker and teleporter showing off their R9 pixels are a peeve to me, as well. But you gotta move on, a game is a game.

Or maybe they are just burning off PK hours, stopped to get something from the bank, and then went afk? Contrary to some people beliefs, not everyone who afks in nice gear is just doing it to showoff. And the OPs argument was that it causes lag, but meditations shinyness actually would cause far more lag then standing around doing nothing in your armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Soul_Forces - Lost City
    Soul_Forces - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Probably the majority of pwi afk's. I afk for a number of reasons for example, burning pk hours like venus said or even just afking so i can go downstairs and spend time with my family while at the same time being able to resume playing pwi immediately. Also if people who are afk are making you lagg. u have a ____ computer and should get it replaced...
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    @OP ....

Open the Graphics Options menu in game, go to UI tab, make the little "Effects" slider go all the way to the left.

There, instant no-glowy. <_< Now stop being so darn paranoid about people that probably just went to go to the bathroom for a few minutes. You know nothing of peoples lives, don't make judgements on their shiney.

Geeze...Every day I come on here, I don't know why I'm the one that needs the anxiety meds. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • hiddenmonkey
    hiddenmonkey Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    While I think you're an idiot for your horrid setup, and bad grammar/spelling.

Booting long afkers that arn't CS would be benificial to the servers in keeping useless players off allowing better server stability to players actually playing. Even if it forced the afkers to CS to stay on for whatever reason a CS would use far less server load then say someone with a flyter or mount out.
  • Soul_Forces - Lost City
    Soul_Forces - Lost City Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    kk so what if i wanted to burn hours while afk or asleep. but had nothing to sell...
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    Creaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol your opening up a old battle scar with me when ti comes to this games afk system. way back in Chinese alpha i got in a big fight with the devs bought the lag the catshops and afk player caused and how its not only bad but costly always using more bandwidth. but the devs simply loved player shops despite having a fully working ah system nobody uses. so of course all this stuff came with the game when it hit the usa.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    But I like being afk for no reason... I don't feel like logging out every time of go cook or watch some tv... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    They also borrow the awesome player shops on fw.... b:chuckle (sarcasm)

The problem are, there no limitation of where you can make a shop on pw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    lol your opening up a old battle scar with me when ti comes to this games afk system. way back in Chinese alpha i got in a big fight with the devs bought the lag the catshops and afk player caused and how its not only bad but costly always using more bandwidth. but the devs simply loved player shops despite having a fully working ah system nobody uses. so of course all this stuff came with the game when it hit the usa.

Auction house system is ****.

Put things in as a bundle they have to be bought as a bundle (Cant sell things like teles 1by 1), it costs money, you cant request to buy things (Although catshops dont have this very well put together either, have to have what you want to buy) and theres no targetted marketing available (Say selling teles at Snowy Village for 1k more than in arch).
  • Creaver - Heavens Tear
    Creaver - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    well of course the timer could be within reason like a hr or something. its just i don't like the shops cause people dont space them they all condense in west city. it even makes the fps on my buddy's i7 quad core gtx 580 nosedive. god forbid your on a low end and have a quest. yes theirs the set it to low settings button and it seems to help but we rely shouldent need to do that.

well if more used it the items you where looking for would be alot easier to find. i have to undercut the catshops so hardcore its sad like on stacks of mats or my stuff just doesn't sell.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Auction house system is ****.

Put things in as a bundle they have to be bought as a bundle (Cant sell things like teles 1by 1), it costs money, you cant request to buy things (Although catshops dont have this very well put together either, have to have what you want to buy) and theres no targetted marketing available (Say selling teles at Snowy Village for 1k more than in arch).

Its good for some things like TT mats, fashion, mounts, things that don't have a targeted audience anyway. And if I want to bring up a stack I just break it up in my bag before tossing it in the ah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    To reduce lag probably would be nice to auto teleport players somewhere, a separate map or something if they are inactive for a certain period of time, as soon as they move they get teleported back where they were.
  • VenoMKII - Harshlands
    VenoMKII - Harshlands Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Its good for some things like TT mats, fashion, mounts, things that don't have a targeted audience anyway. And if I want to bring up a stack I just break it up in my bag before tossing it in the ah.

True, which is why we have both options.

@The stack thing, try selling 100 of something in stacks of 1. Youl soon realise its pointless (Youl run out of space and waste money). Your idea of a convenient stack will rarely match anyone elses.

Simplest example I can think of is TT mats. You usually need 8 of a green and 2 of a gold. Say I need 3 more of the green mats, the last 4 runs having got me nothing. I go to the AH and I see a stack of 8 for 1mill or a stack of 4 for 600k. I then go to the catshops at the forges and see the mats I want on sale for 160k each.

Im going to buy off the catshop because im not forced to buy extras or pay more then needed.

If I were able to buy 3 of that stack of 8 for 1mill, the AH would win, but I cant, so it sucks unless you buy in pre-specified stacks for the most part.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    True, which is why we have both options.

@The stack thing, try selling 100 of something in stacks of 1. Youl soon realise its pointless (Youl run out of space and waste money). Your idea of a convenient stack will rarely match anyone elses.

Simplest example I can think of is TT mats. You usually need 8 of a green and 2 of a gold. Say I need 3 more of the green mats, the last 4 runs having got me nothing. I go to the AH and I see a stack of 8 for 1mill or a stack of 4 for 600k. I then go to the catshops at the forges and see the mats I want on sale for 160k each.

Im going to buy off the catshop because im not forced to buy extras or pay more then needed.

If I were able to buy 3 of that stack of 8 for 1mill, the AH would win, but I cant, so it sucks unless you buy in pre-specified stacks for the most part.

This is why I break everything into stacks. 5-10 for common mats (iron, glue etc), and individual or dual stacks of TT mats.

This thread is now about the AH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Baeliia - Heavens Tear
    Baeliia - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Would you like me to come and knock at your door when you're taking a dump to tell you you've been in there too long ?

Lmaob:chuckle
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Lmaob:chuckle

Rofl... I must've missed that post but I lolled... b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin